cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2017 Chemo Starters

Re: October 2017 Chemo Starters

Thanks Meesh, the course was ok thanks, it was about reading and it was interesting, but the young teachers made me feel old! xx

Hi cherry B, good to hear you kept most of your hair and that you're doing well. I managed to keep a fair amount of hair too, although was sporting a bit of a friar tuck look by the end 😂 But nothing could make me wear my wig (Shirley). Did you ever go and collect that wig? 😂 I had cut my hair short prior to treatment and it grew back and blended in really quickly so no ken Dodd look for me 😊I just look like I have a 🎤 head! 😱

Jencat, hope your course went ok! Buddyfan, hope you're doing ok and that your arm is healing.

Shi, hope you've had a good weekend 😊

So nice to hear from you 🍒 glad you are doing ok xx
Highlighted
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi cherry b so lovely to hear from you ❤️❤️❤️And you are doing well 😁😁I’ve been passing on my best wishes via Ali49 to you. Well done on hanging onto your hair with cold cap, meesh and dizzy managed it too 👍👍 and here’s to all our Ken Dodd hair 👍👍👍it’s blooming marvellous 😁😁it’s so fantastic to hear from you, and so pl asked you are doing well. thanks for update ❤️❤️ Jencat hope your course went well today 🤞🤞and that’s great news your work is ensuring you are going to be ok going back more hours by the sound of it and looking after you properly 😘😘💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Good evening Ladies. Very long time no speak. Just wanted to put in a brief appearance to wish everyone the happiest and healthiest of New Years!! Hope everyone’s doing really really well. I’m great/knackered. For those of you who remember me and my hair obsession I managed to hang on to almost all of it with the evil cold cap but what I didn’t reckon with was the hair that I did lose is now back and doing its finest Ken Dodd impression. As you can see, still focusing on the priorities... Ha.

Love and best wishes to everyone

Cherry Bakewell 🍒 xxx

Hi Shi, Happy New Year! Can't remember if I've already wished you it, but it won't hurt to wish you it again! I hope it's a healthy and happy one for you x

Work is going ok thanks and I'm enjoying it, my class are lovely. I still tire easily, but my stamina is gradually improving-I can now work a whole day and do something afterwards! I've been on a course this morning and was told yesterday that I'm being observed teaching in a couple of weeks time,so back to normality! (I escaped it last term!) I panicked a bit at first, but then thought if I can survive chemo,what's an hour of being watched! (A bit of a dramatic comparison I know!) How are you and all the gang? I miss them all not being on here! Smiley Sad Say hello from me! xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Just has to do a post to get out number up to 10,667 ladies ❤️❤️❤️Didn’t like the number before this one. Happy new year everyone and where is January going? Jencat hope works going ok and buddyfan hope you are being looked after and progress with your arm 😘😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx
Community Champion

Buddyfan have you tried Insurancewith for your travel insurance ? A friend with secondaries got a reasonsable quote from them - was Europe though and a friend with multiple health issues got a decent one for Canada with them .

Hi all, I can't blame the builders for my fall as I walked backwards into them!

My hair has a tight curl at the end of it but then it looks just wavy. I'm still waiting for it to flop and wearing hairbands from SeaSalt. Now hunting for travel insurance for caribbean. Saga said £3000 😣😣😣Whaaaaaaaaat! 😣😣😣 Looks like we'll never be going to Americas again. 😥

Happy new year everyone! I've given up making New Years resolutions as I never stick to them 🙄 Buddyfan, hope that arm is better soon. What a difference a year makes, I was just happy to be able to celebrate and see the new year in. What has everyone else got planned for this year?

Thank you Mishy for your lovely post x  (I've also sent you a hug, I've just learnt to do them! A new year and a new skill already! Smiley Happy )  xx

Also may the year be kind to us all 👭

Happy New Year to you lovely lot, this 2019 I'm making no resolutions just going to make sure I make happy memories and enjoy life 💖😚😚
Here's to a good one for us all 👍
Hugs to you all 👭

Happy New year lovely ladies! 💕🍷💃🎶🍹💕😘

Slightly depressing thought, in a couple of minutes time I won't be able to say that I'm 60 next year anymore! Smiley Sad xx

Thank you so much for your kind words buddyfan and so sorry to hear about your fall. I hope your arm is feeling much better now x

Wishing all of you a happy and healthy 2019 xx

Hi all. Hope your arm is getting better buddyfan

Happy New year everyone! It's weird to think how we were all last year. 2019 is going to totally rock!
Love you all x
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Meesh ❤️❤️Thanks for link😘😘 you always make me look at positive in everything. think if my curls were beautiful like yours I wouldn’t be such a curl humbug and the fact I’ve forgot my lovely amazing curl cream for holiday so instead of meesh do as you are told curls, I’ve got clown hair as you saw earlier. Mishy yep Shirley is about right, Shirley blooming temple 😁hope everyone is enjoying weekend and have great New Years 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Hello everyone! Hope you all had good xmases. I enjoyed my soft cheese, just because I could eat it this year 😂 Buddyfan sorry to hear about your arm, how annoying but it's good to hear you're doing ok apart from that.

Mishy/ Shi, I can only imagine how you feel about your curly hair. You have to forget everything you know about your old hair and start again. It took me years to learn to accept mine and work out what to do with it and I was born with it 😂🤣😂 It's funny as people always say to me "oooh you're so lucky to have curly hair, I'd love mine to be curly". What people don't realise is that curly hair never looks tidy, there's always at least one bit that's not doing what you want it to, you just have to embrace that as tomorrow it'll be a different bit 😂 The good thing though is that it has plenty of body 😂🤣😂 here's something that I thought you might like, you might have to copy and paste the link as I'm not very good at technology!

https://pin.it/fxex63hlntszmf

Shi 😂

Haha Shirley I still get it sometimes ermine hello I finished Chemo in Dec 17 I should bloody hope so 😂😂😂 my mother in law told me that it's a mess I need to get something done with it 😂😋😂 I just want to grow it though and if I keep getting it cut it will never grow I think I will soon be rocking a good haircut have you had your hair cut at all I never touched the sides always just the back then the girl evened them out last time to a short layered Bob type its still curly wavy the crown is still a long way off being even with the rest hence the layered stacked back she put in!
It reminds me how far I have come when I look at Ella her birth spurred me on through chemo and beyond she's my little star
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Mishy I’m so pleased you had lovely day with Ella ❤️❤️She is growing up so quickly now it doesn’t seem 5 mins since her 1st birthday. You know mishy if we leave our hair I recon we could be rockin a Jon Bon Jove circa 1986 soon or the girls from heart, we could really boof it out 🤣😂🤣😂🤣my old boss saw me before Christmas and said is that your real hair, cheeky 🤬🤬felt like saying no I got your cut offs from your barber and stuck them on so I could look just like you... muppet 😁hope everyone has 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻Planned for New Year 🤪🤪🤪🤪💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

😁😁😁hi mishy, I know what you mean about the quid thing, it goes a bit like that bloke from flock of seagulls if you don’t hair spray it down a bit doesn’t it 😂🤣😂🤣😂 I just keep thinking let it get long enough, go through the bingo, mullet, mop head look and then by summer should be able to straighten it without looking like Liam Gallagher a twin or the bloke of the inbetweeners which is what happens currently when I straighten it 😂🤣😂🤣😂💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻I just get the jukebox on and 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻bit of rhythm is a dancer by snap this morning 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻🤪🤪🤪😁💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Sorry shi I called you Shirley 😂😂

Buddy I hope you are OK, what a shame you broke your arm, I hope you blasted them for leaving the scaffolding out!! Nice to hear from you again I hope apart from your arm everything is going well
Had a lovely Christmas Ella looked gorgeous as always and loved opening her presents talking of hair she has loads its been a family joke me and her grew our hair together once her baby fuzz grew out mines a bloody mess again I can't do anything with it again it grows so erraticly and I reckon I could easily now pass for an eighties new romantic got a but of a quiff thing going on the girl is cutting it on 14th Jan and I'm praying it's finally going to be a proper proper style finally the texture is so different now really dense and thick with a mind of its own I continue to grow in the hope it will finally look how I want it to but as you say Shirley it's hair Doris is no longer the look but still equally as embarrassing I envy those who got straight hair 😂😂😂

Hope you're ok Buddyfan. At least you don't get any pain from it I suppose. I hope you all enjoyed Christmas. Here's to a great 2019 xx

Your hairstyle descriptions are hilarious Shi! I can totally relate. Hope everyone is having a lovely relaxing time of food, laughter and love xxx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Well I looked like a turtle head car air freshener this time last year was what I meant in last post, no offence meant to anyone who might be reading, it was my way of coping with no hair to try and laugh at myself 💕💕✨✨Shi xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Oh buddyfan ❤️❤️❤️Thank goodness you didn’t bang your head or anything, have they been able to set your arm? You are a saint, I’d have been off in a hotel by now if I were you, you really do have patience where your oh is concerned with your home renovations. Hows the bingo hair doing? My bingo hair is doing well, shame it’s not the 80’s we’d be right on trend 😁😁😁but hey it’s hair and I don’t look like a turtle head car air freshener 🤣😂🤣😂🤣have a happy New Year everyone. Mishy hope Ella’s had amazing Christmas and hope you’ve had great nana time ❤️❤️❤️💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Jencat, what a wonderful Christmas pressy. Congratulations. My not so good news is that I broke my paralysed arm the week before Christmas. Silver linings, in and out of A&e in an hour, inc x ray, it's not related to my cancer or osteoporosis just that I have no muscle around my bone to protect it when I tripped backwards over some scaffolding boards! Also, didn't realise until two days later and it was four times it's normal size, very bruised and most worrying it was warm. Apparently normally a very painful place to break but as my arm is paralysed I don't get pain from it. I can even sleep on it. It did aggravate my neuropathic pain for a few days but that seems to have calmed down now. Anyway, enjoy the New Year ladies.

Merry Christmas everyone!!
Thank you for the card Jencat. Xx

Happy Christmas lovely Oct '17 ladies, hope you all have a great time Smiley Happy xx

Merry Christmas to all of you lovely ladies! Hopefully everyone will have a much better time than last year! Love and hugs 🎅🎄🍷🎶🐧💃🍹xxx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Jencat ❤️❤️😘😘very pretty napkins thank you 😁😁yes did remind me too of our lovely posh tea we had back in the summer. Now get that tinsel round you and enjoy beautiful family time this Christmas 😘😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Meesh lovely to hear from you too great to hear you are doing so well x
Have an absolutely fantastic time this Christmas ladies whatever you are doing im sure you will all have a lovely day sending you 💖👭

Great news Jencat 🎉💕 and how lovely to get your celebration cake for free 😎
Have a lovely Christmas everyone it should be so much better than the last one for us. Love to all xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Jencat ❤️❤️❤️Wonderful news darling so very 😁😁😁for you. Now go and spoil yourself to more afternoon teas and cream cakes ✨✨✨wonderful wonderful news, ladybowlers big pants did it again 👍👍💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Thank you Meesh x Can start enjoying Christmas a bit more now as although I have been,the CT scan has been at the back of my mind.

Have a lovely time with Karana and give her a hug from me x

Thank you Jill x Tbh, I still can't take it in really. I should stop worrying a bit now, but I've spent the last 18mths worrying about bc.

We met the mother of my daughter's friend at the chemo unit yesterday and she's got terminal lung cancer, so I found getting my good results rather bitter sweet. I was thrilled for myself, but felt so sad for this lady.

YD and I went and celebrated in a tearoom afterwards and had cream scones (they were huge and I enjoyed every mouthful! Smiley Happy) and when the lovely lady on the till heard our good news she didn't charge us! How kind was that! (ED said typical,YD offers to pay for once and then doesn't have to! Smiley Happy) x

Great news Jencat! Another milestone achieved for you 🕺🏻💃🕺🏻

Mishy, lovely to hear from you. I've been out celebrating Xmas to make up for my lack of Xmas last year. What a difference this year. I'm off to see Karana today, she's going to do my nails and then we're going out for lunch and a few 🍹 🍹 😂 Hope everyone else is enjoying the run up to Xmas 🎅🏼🎄🎊🎉
Community Champion

Great news.

Thank you Jelly tot x Good news, I was told yesterday that I'm in remission! Smiley Happy I still can't really take it in that I haven't got cancer anymore having been diagnosed 18mths ago. The best Christmas present! Smiley Happy

My chemo onc has now discharged me, which I wasn't expecting as I'm TN. I'd had the impression before that I would still see her for the first few years. I know that's a good sign, but I liked the reassurance of seeing her!

How are you? xx

Hey Jencat any news lovely? 😘

Thank you Mishy and Jill x Off to the hospital now! x

Oh im fine Jencat but thank you its more of an inconvenience than anything i had wanted normality back with job etc but i was made redundant as i was returning to work tgen this problem came up and thought how pointless to look for another job till this is sorted i wish it would hurry up but in the meantime im looking forward to maybe sone courses and finding some new skills as i couldn't go back into my old line of work too physically heavy working with the elderly although it can be very rewarding working in that environment takes its toll on you
Keeping everything crossed for you today xxx
Community Champion

Good luck this afternoon Jencat 🤞

Thank you Shi for your lovely message x I'm feeling quite anxious about seeing the onc this afternoon. I've had this scan hanging over me for the past 6mths, but hopefully they wouldn't have left it for so long if they were worried that rads hadn't zapped the last bit of cancer?! x

The foot massage was very relaxing Jill and I'm wondering if it might help a bit with the neurpathy I've still got in my toes x

Thank you Mishy x sorry to read about all the pain you're in, thinking of you x