Re: October 2017 Chemo Starters

Morning ladies....hope u all managed a relatively good nites sleep....and those pesky Utis start getting better 😘

https://g.co/kgs/mhZDRo

After a a busy day yesterday I managed to sleep well luckily....woke up to a very damp miserable day so don’t think I will be venturing out with the dog this morning! 

Thought id share the picture of me and Meesh from yesterday.....hope you don’t mind Meesh 😘 I’m not great at selfies but hey ho!!

What’s everyones plans for today??

328CB42D-E5AB-4C56-A84A-7D9F92A84D32.jpeg915144A6-36DD-487A-89A6-23674FFAB118.jpeg

Morning ladies!

Buddyfan, Jellytot hope you both get those Utis under control soon and start to feel better.

Shi, is on her get away but did manage to get her posh wig! How about a bit of Ricky Martin "living the Vida loca" to try and make up for Shi's absence 😂Love you Shi! 😘😘DJ Karen could you do the honours and upload it please as it's beyond me, sorry!

Thanks Buddy and Jencat. I am having tje zelondronic acod to reduce the risk of recurrence my onc said.

Jencat - so glad you havent got to have 8! Take care with the trimethroprim - they made me so ill a few years ago. I can't have them anymore. So if you dont feel better do phone your doc.

Jelly tot th8nking of you and sending a big hug xx

Hi everyone hope you are all well x
Jelly tot i speak to mine every day since losing my dad in September wish i could speak to him again too 💖 and hugs to you take it easy x

Hope you get some relief soon Jencat x

Hi Buddy,

Glad to hear your temperature has gone down, but sorry that you've also got a uti. They're horrible aren't they! My oncologist has given me Trimethoprim 200mg, but I'm not sure they're working as still finding it painful. When I had a uti before, my doctor gave me Flucloxacillin 500mg. That uti was worse than this one, but I felt better quicker.

I'm going to see how I feel tomorrow, but if I don't feel much better, I think I'll ring the doctor to see if I can have something stronger than what I've got xx

Glad to hear your op has gone so well Cassie xx

Hi Ali,

Yes I'm having zolendronic acid-I've been having it every other chemo session and then like you, every 6 months for about 3 years. My oncologist offered it to me because I'm TN. Apparently it helps to strengthen the bones, but also recent studies in the US had shown that it could help to prevent a recurrance of bc.

So pleased for you that you haven't got to have that final chemo! Smiley Happy My oncologist had originally said that I'd probably have 8 rounds of chemo, but reduced it to 6 when I saw her a few days before Christmas because the lymph node in my breast had reduced back to normal size. My best Christmas present! xx

I’ll see if I can get you her details. She seems very knowledgeable and willing to answer questions. One of the ladies in my group has bone mets and brain mets and she has largely been doing what we do but obviously hasn’t hit your other complications. She struggles with her balance as a result of brain mets but this has improved through doing the Pilates. She is so positive and friendly and 14 years into this business so loads of wisdom to share.

Temp is still ok so I think I dodged that one.

Ali, I’m on zoladronic acid and had the first one in last infusion. I do wonder if that’s what caused me so much bone pain. I’m every 3 months because of the bone mets, so maybe you’ll be ok.

Chaffinch, I’m not near enough to a Maggies centre to do Pilates. Is there any chance you could get your teacher’s email address. I’d like to ask her about what moves I can’t do because of the bone mets.

Chaffinch, that's nice that the Pilates does a special class for previous Maggie attendees and lucky for you it's not on a day you work.

Jellytot, I can only imagine what you're going through. It must be so hard dealing with treatment and the loss of your mum and all the arrangements that go with that. I continue to think about you ❤️❤️❤️🤗🤗🤗 I speak with my mum often and will continue to do so knowing how lucky I am.

Cassie, glad you're home!

Ali, it is a scary thing, but you're right the sooner you have op the sooner you can recover. I think someone else was asking about the Zol acid was it Buddyfan?

Buddyfan, glad you're temp is down now. Make sure to keep an eye on it, but really hope you've turned that corner now and will improve. We're going to see if we can meet up during rads so we'll let you know and hopefully you can make it.

Sue, yes Shi was posh wig shopping today but think she might have also been going away for a few days So said she might not have access to internet.

Glad your temperature has gone down buddyfan, you had us all worried, hopefully your pain will ease too x
Ali, your post brought a tear to my eye. I’m so pleased for you. Onward and upward, you’ve had a particularly rough ride 🔔🔔🔔🎉🎉🎉💪💪💪💕
Jellytot, good to hear from you and good that your surgery will be sorted soon too. Best wishes for the next few weeks, they will be tough but try to capture those good times that you had with your mum and hold them close x
Hope everyone else is doing ok. I had last Pilates session at Maggie’s this afternoon. The instructor is great and she is going to send me details of her class that she does with just people from previous Maggie’s sessions. Fortunately it’s on a day when I’m not at work 😊

My op is now m9ved forward to Monday 19th. Eek!! I was faaling brave when it was weeks away. Anyway the sooner its done the sooner i can recover. It will be the wait then to see if any lymph nodes have been affected and how effective the treatment has been. The next stage!!

Herceptin injection next Wed!! Onc also said i will be having zolendronic acid every 6 months. Anyone else having this??

Buddy glad you are feeling a bit better and Casdie glad you can go home. Take care ladies xxc

Going bloody phone

Jelly tot 💕

Shi is it today you was hung wig shopping? Xx

Loads of hugs Jelly Tot. I'm glad you've got plenty of support. You know we are all here if you need to talk about anything.
Good to hear you've got a rough date for surgery at least you can plan for it.

Sending lot of 🦄🦄🦄🦄 hugs and sparkles x
Highlighted

Morning ladies,
Been following the thread and quietly cheering you all on xx
Had meeting with surgeons and mx and recon happening as soon as possible after mum's funeral which will probably be 7th March. Been overdoing it with everything and feeling exhausted today but hey ho. Still can't believe she's gone but I guess that's normal. Thankfully I have a brilliant hub and family or I'd not cope.
Have a great day girls , and if you can hug or phone your mums xx

Buddy good news on normal temperature today x

Morning ladies. My temp is ok this morning, so hopefully the antibiotics for the uti are working. Jencat, which antibiotic are you on for your uti? Temp went to 40.1 on left, dodgy, ear. But that one always shows stupidly high. The worry was that my right ear was high. Had it been during the day, I would’ve called unit. But a&e aaaagh. I do feel so tired, back to bed after breakfast, I think. Can’t remember who asked but my extreme arm pain is neuropathic pain in my paralysed arm. My bc arm is the other arm. The gp just suggested one of my pills I already have and which I don’t think are as good as the ones I’m already taking. Anyway, as the suggested ones have paracetamol in them, I didn’t think it was a good idea to take them with my sky high temp. My pain in bones and arm seemed to have eased a bit. Maybe I’m at that corner I want to turn.

Cassie, well done with the movements, sound encouraging.

Ali, what a relief, another one finished. But the best news is that chemo worked, yay.

Meesh, Karen hopefully I’ll be up for your next coffee/cake stop.