cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2017 Chemo Starters

Re: October 2017 Chemo Starters

2 more back safely today, well done girls! Sue I’m lying in bed really wanting a Chinese now 🥡Really do need to cut down on my eating very soon. Didn’t want to tempt fate by saying it but I really haven’t found the side effects to bad this time. Don’t know if it’s because it was the last one or my body has just got more used to it but I even managed to work for a few hours today which is normally unheard of in the first week after chemo. Might even go shopping tomorrow, I’m thinking of trying on the vests with support in M&S so I don’t have to wear a bra through Rads. I’m only a B cup so hopefully it would be enough support for me though I’m guessing they may not be much use for the more well endowed ladies xx

I’m liking a punchy panda 💖

Acid reflux has now hit...took Lansoprazole earlier but not helped, may try some gavison next!!

Hope you don’t need the bowl Chaffinch....I totally get it tho!!

Now for Ruth.....how about some punchy pandas 👊🐼👊🐼👊🐼👊🐼👊🐼👊🐼👊🐼👊🐼👊🐼!!!

Well done Chaffinch and Karen! Hope you rest up well girls xx

Just realised why I feel rough, forgotten to put my sea bands on 🙄. They’re on now and I’m tucked up in bed with a bowl by my side which hopefully I won’t need 🤢.
Night all thanks for your love and support today ❤️✨💪

Feeling pretty rough now, just taken nighttime dose of Ondansetron and will head to bed soon.
OH has been reading short stories from a book called Bloody Scotland that our son bought between us for Christmas. What a difference a week makes, this time last week he was barely speaking to me. Men, can’t live with them can’t live without them 🙄

Love it Rach 🕺🕺🕺

Rach, great tune!

What about this one?

https://youtu.be/2vTKmVvyNRc

Karen, it just shows how worried he's been all along I reckon and just tried to stuck his head in the sand! 

Right ladies, we're going to have to really keep a close eye on this 👨🏻‍✈️for Ruth, we'll need to find something extra special for tomorrow! This is just not a good enough from him he's being really naughty!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Ruth x

Liz, great pictures! I hope you’re not feeling too bad tonight x

Love the pictures ladies ♥️💕 Hope you both sleep OK tonight. Has definitely got me thinking about my final chemo outfit 😁 And as there is no bell am def going to have to think up an exit song to dance out of the unit to!!
However before I get ahead of myself bloods are crap s chemo 5 might not even go ahead tomorrow at this rate!! They are going to take bloods again tomorrow at the unit just in case they have crept across the threshold.
Meesh that driver is clearly not understanding the full gravity of his situation!! It won't be just a rhino going down his 👖Tomorrow if my third chemoin a row is delayed!!!!
Runnerbean glad to hear you are feeling better after your beauty sleep. Maybe I can just sleep for two more chemos? Wake me up when it is all over 😉
I do like the idea of a bit of glam for rads - although nothing metallic lol
♥️♥️💕💕 to everyone

He’s had to go back down to bar as he’s working but a lot more attentive than normal.....😘

Karen, nice to see OH is taking care of you and sending you up to bed! 😊

Great pictures Chaffinch! That's so nice that your unit recognises that it's such an achievement! 😊

Love the pictures the certificate is fab too xx

Chaffinch love the certificate xx

Sorry they are so huge, I should have resized them! I've looked on the iPad for posting photos before but didn't realise you needed to be in rich text.

That’s fab certificate...wish I had one!! Xx

IMG_5288.JPG

IMG_5287.JPG

I don’t normal share pics of me in pants with people I havent met yet but thanks for kind comments!!

OH has now marched me to bed....starting to feel yucky now, I hate that heavy feeling, hopefully I can go to sleep and wake up never having to feel as bad again!!

Great tune...when I meet up with you I can teach you the dance I used to do to it!!

😘😘😘😘

Oh and love the pants and yiu ain't seen my thighs!!!

Karen fab pics and well done you too chaffinch 🔔🔔🔔💪💪💪 ringing the virtual bells for you both here's hoping the SE are kind during this last cycle you deserve a big pat onthe back cos you did it 👏🦄🦄
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂well found sue 👍👍👍i’ll Have the whole van please 😁😁😁😁💕💕✨✨✨shi xx

Can I take your order please?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_pgPq4FGWfk

Your pants are awesome Karen 👍

Something else I never expected to say to someone on a forum when I joined in June 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
X
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Tune for tonight that Pizza Hut song thing from around 2000, that one that went a Pizza Hut, a Pizza Hut, Kentucky fried chicken and a Pizza Hut 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Ooooo sue, Chinese mmmm enjoy that 😘😘Karana my lovely if those are your thighs fat then you must have had cocktail stick thighs before, I’ve seen more fat on a McDonald’s French fry 😂😂🤣😂🤣😂💕💕✨✨shi xx

Sue, hate driving in traffic, hope you enjoy that Chinese! 😊

Karen, fab Photos! Can't believe you can manage a McDs and chocolate afterchemo!

Well done to both you and chaffinch 💃☁️💃🕺🏻💃👯‍♂️👯👯‍♂️👯🥂🥂🎉🎊🎉🎊🎈🎈🎈🎉🎊🎉🛎🛎🛎🛎🛎🔔🔔🔔you're in the post last chemo party carriage now! Rest up and get those fluids in we'll need your help getting the rest of the ladies in now! 😘😘🤗🤗

Rush hour traffic is rubbish...hope you enjoy your Chinese Sue xx

Thanks Shi 😘😘 xxx

Welcome home Karen and chaffinch xx

I just took my daughter to pick up her car left the house at 4.30 and just got back fgs
Garage only 10 miles away too but up the bloody m6 then m5 what a nightmare at rush hour grrrrr

Sent her to get a Chinese for tea as penance lol let’s hope I can eat something with the smells going on x

Hope everyone is okay love to all xxxxx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

🎉🎉🎉👏👏👏💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻👍👍👍😁😁😁😁well done Karana 😘😘great photo, great pants 😁😁and lovely nails 😘😘😘glad you had a 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻and here is a 🛎🛎🛎🛎🛎🛎for you 💕💕✨✨✨shi xx

I do it on my iPad liz...haven’t got a laptop at the minute! If you go on the reply box there is a picture icon at the top which you can click on...coz im on the cloud pic I take on phone come on my iPad!! Xx

Do you post photos from your iPad or laptop Karen? I wanted to post one of my certificate and me ringing the bell. You look very glam in your funky chemo chair x

Thanks...excuse the fat thighs.....after this chemos se have passed I’m gonna try and be a bit more healthy....says she eating a malteaser bunny!!

Love the pants Karen. Glad you’re back ok x
Community Champion

Congratulations ladies who have done their last chemo today (this week ) - fingers crossed you have an easy ride with your last one .You will find radiotherapy a walk in the park in comparison if a bit boring ...

52CDEB31-C93B-4F22-B7A1-130FBDAE8A65.jpegDA0E1368-6B13-4DB6-965C-6606BA2AD6BF.jpeg

Sorry yes I’m back...chemo brain already kicked in and I couldn’t find my iPad....it was in my handbag!!

All done...no bell so danced my way out of the unit and skipped down the corridor...prob just looked like I needed a wee lol 😂 glad I don’t have to do that again!  Celebrated with a mc Donald’s which I didn’t really enjoy!!

Hate this evening after chemo...get quite panicky about how I’ll im gonna feel, sending my brain good mantras  so my body’s kind to me!?

i put a post on fb and had 146 likes and 47 comments....I think it’s not only me that’s happy it was last chemo!!

Hope everyone else is ok 😘😘😘

Shi, yes Karen's ok and went to McDs for celebratory lunch! 😊So we're all checked back in for today! 

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Karana are you back? I haven’t seen post on thread? Hope you are ok and as chaffinch posted enjoying your McDonald’s? 💕💕✨✨shi xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

🎉🎉🎉👍👍👍💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🤩🤩🤩yehhh well done chaffinch 👏👏👏jellytot 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣glad I wasn’t the only one trying to hover above the hospital loo seat too 😂🤣😂🤣I’ve been 😳😳😳round Loos since meesh’s thing about double flushing and germs whoosing back up out the loo when you flush. Buddyfan don’t blame you for using wipes on everything, 💕💕✨✨shi xx

I’m finally back, 🛎 was well and truly rung! I even got a certificate, that was a surprise and stopped me from crying when everyone applauded and wished me well.
Was delayed 2 hours, began to wonder if they had forgotten me!
Well done Karen, shame you don’t have a bell but hope you enjoyed Macdonalds x

For the two ops, they had complimentary wipes use could use on the equipment. i used to go around everything, even my phone and tablet.

Guess that’s another positive to Hickman line then 🤣🤣 can wash hands properly and they got lots of hand gel about xxx

🤣😂🤣😂🤣Jellytot that made me laugh. The toilet in our unit was really high so hovering was never an option! I always had cannula in forearm actually but the little tubes used to hang down and get in way of hand.

Highlighted

Me too with the loos, so I hover and twice have managed to wee on myself and the floor....

I preferred them to put the cannulas in my wrist as then I had my hand free for washing. Always took hand gel anyway for when washing was a bit awkward. It was worse when I was admitted to hospital as toilet was shared with 3 other women. All were in due to some kind of infection and I didn't want to catch anything. Plus when the cleaners came there was no way they were in there long enough to clean that toilet properly. I wouldn't do my own toilet in that time let alone the sink floor and fill the dispensers up.