Re: October 2017 Chemo Starters

Do you post photos from your iPad or laptop Karen? I wanted to post one of my certificate and me ringing the bell. You look very glam in your funky chemo chair x

Thanks...excuse the fat thighs.....after this chemos se have passed I’m gonna try and be a bit more healthy....says she eating a malteaser bunny!!

Love the pants Karen. Glad you’re back ok x
Community Champion

Congratulations ladies who have done their last chemo today (this week ) - fingers crossed you have an easy ride with your last one .You will find radiotherapy a walk in the park in comparison if a bit boring ...

52CDEB31-C93B-4F22-B7A1-130FBDAE8A65.jpegDA0E1368-6B13-4DB6-965C-6606BA2AD6BF.jpeg

Sorry yes I’m back...chemo brain already kicked in and I couldn’t find my iPad....it was in my handbag!!

All done...no bell so danced my way out of the unit and skipped down the corridor...prob just looked like I needed a wee lol 😂 glad I don’t have to do that again!  Celebrated with a mc Donald’s which I didn’t really enjoy!!

Hate this evening after chemo...get quite panicky about how I’ll im gonna feel, sending my brain good mantras  so my body’s kind to me!?

i put a post on fb and had 146 likes and 47 comments....I think it’s not only me that’s happy it was last chemo!!

Hope everyone else is ok 😘😘😘

Shi, yes Karen's ok and went to McDs for celebratory lunch! 😊So we're all checked back in for today! 

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Karana are you back? I haven’t seen post on thread? Hope you are ok and as chaffinch posted enjoying your McDonald’s? 💕💕✨✨shi xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

🎉🎉🎉👍👍👍💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🤩🤩🤩yehhh well done chaffinch 👏👏👏jellytot 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣glad I wasn’t the only one trying to hover above the hospital loo seat too 😂🤣😂🤣I’ve been 😳😳😳round Loos since meesh’s thing about double flushing and germs whoosing back up out the loo when you flush. Buddyfan don’t blame you for using wipes on everything, 💕💕✨✨shi xx

I’m finally back, 🛎 was well and truly rung! I even got a certificate, that was a surprise and stopped me from crying when everyone applauded and wished me well.
Was delayed 2 hours, began to wonder if they had forgotten me!
Well done Karen, shame you don’t have a bell but hope you enjoyed Macdonalds x

For the two ops, they had complimentary wipes use could use on the equipment. i used to go around everything, even my phone and tablet.

Guess that’s another positive to Hickman line then 🤣🤣 can wash hands properly and they got lots of hand gel about xxx

🤣😂🤣😂🤣Jellytot that made me laugh. The toilet in our unit was really high so hovering was never an option! I always had cannula in forearm actually but the little tubes used to hang down and get in way of hand.

Highlighted

Me too with the loos, so I hover and twice have managed to wee on myself and the floor....

I preferred them to put the cannulas in my wrist as then I had my hand free for washing. Always took hand gel anyway for when washing was a bit awkward. It was worse when I was admitted to hospital as toilet was shared with 3 other women. All were in due to some kind of infection and I didn't want to catch anything. Plus when the cleaners came there was no way they were in there long enough to clean that toilet properly. I wouldn't do my own toilet in that time let alone the sink floor and fill the dispensers up.

🤣😂🤣😂🤣Shi, I thought it was just me paranoid about getting germs from those hospital loos. I was also sceptical about how I could wash my hands really well with the cannula in my hand too, although I did give it a blooming good try!

I love you ladies. You always make me laugh!

Good luck with the last round today Karen and Liz x
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Glad you are back from bloods ok sue 🤞🤞what are you going to do sue? You should 🎉🎉completing chemo it’s a massive achievement and one to be 😁about😘😘💕💕✨✨shi xx

I just got back from bloods they will call me if a problem.
I asked no bell at my unit they said they are not allowed it as some people find it upsetting as they will never get to ring the bell x
However they said they have got a hidden bell in the office which I can ring in private and have my photo taken with xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

I thought I’d pm’d you meesh 🤔🤔i’ll Have another go. Glam for rads meesh, chemo was nothing of the sort, is got that much sudocream and bum cream on to stop any infections from using a hospital loo, I’d got a pair of leggings under my jogging bottoms to stop any cream leaks i’d Got that much slapped on 🤣😂🤣😂🤣💕💕✨✨shi xx