cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2017 Chemo Starters

Re: October 2017 Chemo Starters

🤣🤣🤣🤣 no it doesn't Each not really. OMG I can see where you get the nickname 😂
Buddyfan I love to watch the puissance but don't think I have the guts to jump a horse over 7ft myself. I do like jumping tho it's my favourite and very much missing riding as much as i use to.

Loratadine is off the shelf I think. Just checked, Tesco's anti hayfever/allergy is Loratadine https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/282027376

Cassie, 😂🤣😂🤣😂😂I lôve it that your Fitbit phones the police! 

Sue, I'll let you know about the Philly PB combo. Not expecting much but you never know!

Cassie, hope your bath helps ease your pains,

Rach, forgetting your antisickness 😳😳😳😳you're brave! Perhaps you are still dizzy after all!  My team gave me loads of meds after first chemo and just told me to tell them when I run out. 

Oh my god WhyteFawn, does it really report you missing?

Thanks rach I will try that
As in dizzy my head is spinning like a whirlpool it never ends 🎶 ?
What a pain havingvto wait for snyisiciness to kick in before your treatment x

Way, way back in the day (1970's) I had a ex, v. long in the tooth Puissance jumper. He was 17.2 and had jumped 7foot something in his former life. He was miles too big for me as I was still jumping juniors.

Sue, my mom used to add a bit of sugar to fizzy pop to get rid of the fizz. Works a treat then you don’t need to leave it open.

Meesh, Dizzy was my song at Uni, also where I picked up the nickname. I obviously grew out of being Dizzy though 😂

WhyteFawn, I’m FEC all the way, no Tbird for me.

They forgot to give me my Emend today to take before I go and I forgot to ask for it. I’ll have to be there that little bit longer.

Buddy is Loratadine over the counter or prescription? X
Cassie I just got out the bath feel much more relaxed now

Will be using dream cream and sleepeaze tonight in the hope of combatting the steroids xx

My Fitbit says I need to move more. In the week after chemo it phones the police and reports me missing. Even tho I wear it 24/7 It's amazing how little you can move sometimes.
Sue I actually prefer flat lemonade. Sounds daft but cheap flat lemonade is the best ever. I like flat coke for if I feeling a bit crappy. It seems to give your stomach something to do if you're not eating much.
Just having a nice looooonnnngggg soak in bath for my aches whilst trying not to get my feet too warm. It's not working too well.
Anyone who likes horse sports it's Olympia horse show this week. The puissance is on BBC red button tonight at about 9.15. Can't wait it's my favourite
🐎🦄🐎🦄🐎🦄🐎🦄🐎🦄🐎🦄

Sue, I found taste went by next day, worse than my FEC1 so far. I hope you get some more sleep tonight. Remember the Loratadine for bone pain.

Love that photo, even OH did after I explained the whole 🚂, hot pants, 👻🏄🐱🏍🏹

Karana, raid the pubs dry roasted peanuts, they worked well for T and help loosen the 💩

My tongue is not sore or anything but seems hyper sensitive to fizzy x no sparkling wine for me over Xmas though to be fair I haven’t really fancied alcohol. I had to leave the lid off the lemonade I had earlier with honey and lemon so it went flat but it has really helped my annoying cough

Cassie fingers crossed 🤞 the worst of the aches and pains have passed

I got heart rate monitor on my cheap watch thing from amazon (refused to pay Fitbit price lol)
It says my heartbeat ok but keeps telling me I need to move more ... cheeky thing it is some days it’s an effort to get out of bed ... though I do everyday even if it’s to relocate to sofa 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
It’s saying I need more sleep ... no 💩 Sherlock
I am averaging about 5 hours during the night with my awake times but most days have a couple of hours afternoon today I haven’t probably because of taking the 2 x 4 steroids in preparation for tomorrow xx

Hi everyone. So far today (touch wood) the aches and pains have been less. Tho they do like to appear just as I'm getting ready for bed so we'll see what happens later. I seem to have been very aware of my heart beat today for some reason. My Fitbit seems to suggest it's ok even when I think it's a bit fast. Maybe I'm just paranoid.
Good luck you 3 for tomorrow are you all going to be T-birds?
My first T SE's started on Saturday night which was day 3 in the evening with the pains. Then mouth started feeling yucky. Got fluconazole and mouth washes so while it feels yucky it's not painful or stopping me eating or anything.
I've been less inclined to eat sweet stuff whilst on chemo. And in the first week I usually feel overfaced by a meal and prefer to graze throughout the day.

Sur i think it will be someone really random like the Vicar!!! My theory is that is why she did the funeral... Guilt trip.. Who knows the chemo brain works in Mysterious ways as i still have it 😣

I will let yoU try it first meesh lol
At least if you don’t like it you can have Philadelphia and marmite x

Karen, glad you're feeling better and nice to see OH treating you to a choc orange 🍊 too, he must feel guilty!

Sue, Rach and Jellytot, I've been onto the 🚂 👨🏻‍✈️today and given him a good talking to so everything should be good for you tomorrow 🤞🏻He'll make sure the train is super 🌟⭐️✨⭐️🌟🌈✨⭐️🌟🌈⭐️and cosy warm too. I'll have a couple of 🔫🔫pointed at the 👨🏻‍✈️head, Cassie' going to help me with her 🏹 and Shi will go all tai chi on 👨🏻‍✈️If he misbehaves. Hope Sue and Jellytot that you have surfboards at the ready for 🏄‍♀️🏄‍♀️on the roof🏄‍♀️Rach you can twirl in your gold hot pants Dizzy by Vic reeves.

Ive been scoffing crisps, mince pies, crumpets and bread the last few days. Sue, bought some Philadelphia to try on crumpets with peanut butter to see if it's good or not, but haven't tried it yet.

I still haven’t had revels lol and been fancying them since they were mentioned last

I have had lots of galaxy hot chocolate to drink though 👍x

Yes I prefer even numbers lol but then I know I am odd

My kids think I am mad I can eat spaghetti hoops but not tinned straight cut spaghetti
I also like corn on the cob but not loose sweet corn

🤣🤣🤣

I prob won’t have a clue who’s who Sue...but reckon I will still watch it!!

My diet has been really strange...I’ve not ate much meat just the odd bit of chicken, this round I’m really struggling to fancy anything healthy, malteasers and revels are going down well!! My mum left me some homemade biscuits earlier so reckon I’ll be munching on them soon!! Xxx

I feel like 4 is much more of a landmark than cycle 3 was. I’m looking forward to having it over and done with!
Highlighted

Shi thanks
I should be ok for lunch then
I have struggled with meat the last cycle think it’s to do with the smell thing I have going on I cooked steak jacket potato and mushrooms last night but literally just ate the mushrooms
Tonight I did chicken roasties and veg but had the smallest amount of chicken and still left some

I have craved carbs never have I ate so many crumpets or so much bread, before treatment started was on slimming world and I didn’t tend to eat them. This cycle I have even just boiled rice or pasta and ate that on its own
When I was weighed on Wednesday I had lost 4.5 kg but still with in wright parameters for my current chemo mix . The weight loss wasn’t intentional

Roll on tomorrow get chemo 4 done and dusted and see what it brings x

Sue, I thought it was just me that fitted my bath around 📺 😂🤣😂I keep thinking I would love a tv in the bathroom. Mnd you I'd never get OH out of the bath then!