Re: October 2017 Chemo Starters

I’m home now, after having ultrasound and with antibiotics for uti. My urine dip flagged up for all infection markers and it is susceptible to this new antibiotic. The ultrasound of bladder and kidneys showed a very, very full bladder, abnormally so, too big to fit on screen, possibly 2litres! Also showed ‘debris’. After sending me to loo, it had about 1litre showing that I’m not emptying bladder. They said it could have been creeping up and could be the cause of my uti over last two years. Ha, could also explain my pod. Maybe something good will come out of all this. I’ve got to assess how much I drink and pass and go in tomorrow for an urologist’s apt. Or before, if I’m in pain or stop passing urine. There’s definitely ‘debris’ in my wee-think clotted blood. (tmi???? Forewarned is forearmed).🎢🚽🎢🚽🎢🚽 Watch that pan ladies.

My bloods showed neutrophils of 34, again THIRYFOUR, so I definitely have spare to share today! 👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻

Hope everyone had an ok day today, I haven’t caught up with the chats yet. Anyone on that 🏥🚂 with me tomorrow?

Ali glad you are home safely x plenty of rest now Hun

I am feeling a bit better Ali thank you x

Ali, glad to hear you're ok . Did you have the drugs all together? I'm having the herceptin on a separate day ?xx

Hi All,.thanks for good wishes for today..first PTH done and dusted. Took 5 and a half hours in total and apart from feeling a bit eashed out and tearful i am fine. Will wait to see how it treats me now x

Sorry to hear you are suffering this round SueW, karen and buddyfan. Hoping you get sorted and Pick up soon.

Sue my optician told me i would need my glasses more and would need an eye test and new ones after treatment has ended .

Xxc

Thanks jelly will send hubby out to shops again lol he will never book a day off at this stage again
Today he has done the shopping, got a new battery on the car and now I sending him late night chemist ha ha
And he has put new blinds up in the bedroom xx

Meesh I am hoping tomorrow to be feeling less of a lazy tree frog and will look for yoga for beginners on you tube as since Friday chemo been very tired this time round x

Thanks Jellytot re tip on eye drops, I might try some of them. 

Ladies, I know I go on about the yoga thing, but I've found that it does help breakdown the scar tissue. 🙂

Sue, I just got optrix dry eyes but am sure you can get a prescription... can't open my eyes without them now !

Thanks reboot I am massaging in e45 so will continue with that it does seem to be helping xx

Jelly did you buy some over the counter ones or get from onco/chemo team ? X
If you bought them what do you use? XX

Good evening ladies x

Sue, I actually asked my nurses those same questions. Apparently it is common for eyes to change slightly during chemo, some people get new glasses for the time (seems a little extreme) but they will go back to normal. I struggle with my phone screen in this first week post chemo, though it isn’t as bad (so far) on the T.
My scar tissue is also more sensitive, I’ve really noticed it, and have been told to keep massaging it to try to break it down further.

Buddyfan, hope they’re looking after you well x

Lots of love to everyone x

Thanks shi xx
Ps Greg Wallace better looking than Anne Robinson 🤣🤣 x and not so scary

Hi Sue yes my eyes are suffering , I mentioned it at last chemo and they said it's normal. I use eyedrops daily now and need my glasses more than normal. Also my scar tissue is very tender and has been for a while ,guess it's the fast growing cells that chemo targets. My fingers are now peeling and ripping around the cuticles and my nails are discoloured and lumpy even before t...it's just a new joy everyday lol!
Hugs ladies xxx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi sue, yep scar tissue agitation is se from chemo, mention to onc team as only listvof thing to keep check that’s one of them. Hope that helps lovely 😘😘shi xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

😁😁😁😁well as I pointed out to oh, they were the ones that suited me the most, I did try others in too, just the gucci ones looked the nicest in me. I’m currently channelling a bit of a Greg Wallace look, but hope to progress to Anne Robinson when hair comes back 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣💕💕✨✨shi xx
Highlighted

Sorry here I am again full of questions today does scar tissue seem more sensitive after chemo too not really bad just as if nerve ends have been agitated? X

Ha ha mine are Sophia Lauren ones x hubby moaned at them at £200
Gucci sounds great 👍 x

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Yep been needing reading glasses more since starting chemo. I only had to get glasses earlier this year and sue you’ll laugh, I had my princess paddy and wanted the gucci frames which my darling oh lovingly purchased for me. 😁😁💕💕✨✨shi xx

Glad I asked as although I don’t like to hear your suffering with eyes too at least I know it’s normalish and I can get something for it x 👍
Thank you lovely ladies xxx

My eyes have felt sore the last couple of days like they're over tired I wonder if that's dry eyes too. I might mention that when I go for chemo next week. I had wle my bc was grade 2 stage 1 no nodes involved. I think I had quite a bit of dcis so maybe that's why I'm getting the extra rads.