Re: October 2017 Chemo Starters

Ruth let’s is know how you get on when you can we do worry about each other xx

Hi all just catching up
They didn’t have any tarts grrr
But I got tiramisu instead lol can’t fave coffee but missing caffeine also got some iced latte which I can
It’s just the smell as the hot water hits coffee 🀒 xx

Meesh sorry to hear about your order M and m direct had some in their sale might be worth a look x

I’m private for this stage too (thank you hubby’s work!) so get a bag with my pills/ jab each session and a total that they’re charging the insurance company. For Β£
800+ of their money, I get:
Lonquex (single injection to boost WBCs)
Fluconazole (for 10 days, for mouth soreness)
Dexamethazone (steroids x32 tablets)
Domperidone (though I’ve got a bit of a backlog now)

Sue, good luck for your next few injections xxx I totally chicken out and her hubby to do it each time. He was a wuss the first time but has sussed it out now πŸ™‚

Karen, you sound so busy! Take care of yourself and I hope you get some help from your doc/onc x

Ruth, I hope you aren’t stuck at A&E long and they are able to sort you out xx

My day 2 of T has been uneventful (waiting for SEs to kick in days 3-5 😱) and I’ve managed to sort out my wardrobe! By clearing out my maternity clothes, I now have space to hide Christmas presents πŸ™ˆ

Lots of love to everyone.

Oh Rach, had bad news about my dms and satchel! OH has had his money refunded, no explanation at all. Presume they're out of stock! So he's back to square one now for my Xmas present 😟

Evening ladies! Just catching up on you all.

Shi, flash mob dance was great we should definitely do that!πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ‘―β€β™‚οΈπŸ‘―πŸ‘―β€β™‚οΈπŸ‘―πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»

Ruth, hope you're ok. Let us know how you get on. βœ¨πŸ¦„πŸŒŸπŸ¦„πŸŒŸπŸ’«β­οΈπŸŒˆπŸŒŸπŸ¦„πŸ¦„πŸŒŸπŸ¦„πŸ’«β­οΈπŸŒŸβœ¨βœ¨πŸŒŸ

Ali, I'll make sure the driver warms the train πŸš‚ up ready for you tomorrow! Good luck with your first t treatment hope it goes ok.

Sue, well done on that injection. Did you treat yourself to that tart? Mmmm lemon and raspberry sounds πŸ˜‹

Karen, hope you get on ok at docs and you get that tummy sorted.

Buddyfan, glad your temp is back to being even on both sides πŸ™‚

Work wasnt too bad today, a lady bought me a present hotel chocolate dark chocolate ginger drops. She had bc 20 years ago and she said she knew I liked ginger. Didn't like to say that ginger makes me 🀒 πŸ˜–now! Still OH will polish them off no doubt.

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Ruth, sorry just seen poss prob with pic line, hope you are going to be ok lovely😘😘please let us know how you get on. For those of us who are tn and node neg, I’ve been told rads to chest wall after, I don’t know how many yet. Have you been told rads after chemo, I thought you had and someone else who’s tn said about a booster after rads too, I’m not going crazy and imagining things am iπŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Ruth that's pants... let us know how you get on. X
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

😁😁😁it’s ruths idea Karana, would be brilliant if all the threads wanted to join in for a mass flash mob to Cindi laupers girls just wanna have fun, I can’t upload a link to the tune as I’m rubbish at uploading, if one of you other brilliant ladies could we can start practicing our dance moves (not Monica and ross’s New Year’s Eve pRty dance tho) πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx
Highlighted

Shi that would be fab for all our threads to do something β™₯️
Am sat in the car as OH is picking DD up from after school club as it seems w need to take another family trip to a&e 😳 My PICC line played up when they tried to take bloods this afternoon and so now they want to make sure I don't have a clot!
Ho hum will let you know how it goes but have my overnight bag in the boot just in case 😏

That’s a brilliant idea Shi!!

These injections sound horrible...I’m glad I don’t have to have them!

Im feeling alit better today think the Biscopan (IBS) tablets are helping!  Have stopped the domperidone...they def made me worse...haven’t called onc nurse today as their advice yesterday to take domperidone was rubbish!!  Gonna make appoint at docs tomorrow as need some more Lansoprazole so gonna see what she suggests and maybe ask if I can have cetrozine (is that what it’s called?) OH has now gone off to footy...he was a bit worried about leaving me after last nite but I’ve got staff in at 6 and a friend popping in to check I’m ok before then....at the minute it’s just me and the dog in the pub!!

xxxx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Cassie That will be great if you get results before surgery so you can just have the one op, think Ruth and I who are waiting out gene results are currently waiting to see if we need further surgery next year when our come back. Ruth, it would be brilliant if not only our thread but lots of other threads were up for a flash mob in Trafalgar Square it would really highlight how wonderful these threads are and how much they help us all πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Hi everyone. How are you all doing?
I've been to hospital today for my genetics chat. The lady was really nice but she was telling me stuff I'd already read about and it was hot in the room so kept losing focus. Got a blood test form so can tag it into my chemo bloods next week to save having yet another blood test. Hopefully results will come back end of chemo time which may influence surgery.

Cassie x

Shi that was a fab flash mob - we should definitely do a Wonder Woman one in Trafalgar Square when we all meet up 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Sue, I’m the same as you when I have to start the roundvofvinjection too, try and think of it as another one out the way, know we still have a few more to do but consider us fortunate we are not on a 4x4 chemo that’s how I try and look at it, grateful for a 3x3 know I sound crazy, but try and take anything like that and turn it into a positive 😁😁😁jabs n all. πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Maybe buddy but I will be ok it’s day 1 that always gets me xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Karana, sorry you’ve had a bit of a night again with tummy, have you phoned onc clinic to see if they can give you anything else for that? You should have to suffer se’s. It’s so crazy how all our meds differ isn’t it, you’d think there was a standard that we would all be on and then the variations of they need tweaking, just in case anyone needs a big 😁😁😁tatyana has posted an amazing link to a flash mob on the May thread, will really give you a 😁😁😁so wanted you all to β€˜put on the ritz’ and enjoy it πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Sue, why don't you try hubby, maybe you won't have a meltdown if someone else does it. AND don't look, the anticipation is what gets you.

No I have to mix mine not fridge ones
I do ice area first and once I done the 1st one the rest ok x hubby did offer but I would rather be on my own when I have the inevitable meltdown xx

Wow so maybe Β£500 difference? I have 7 on both FEC and T

Just looked up cost of my gcsf injections. Β£250 for 5 I think.