Re: October 2017 Chemo Starters

Hello everyone, I am sorry to intrude, but I found out today that I am joining the chemo club. I won't start until next week, but I think I might just count as an October joiner by virtue of hearing today! The plan is for a 20 week cycle of 8 (every 3 weeks and then every 2 weeks) beginning next Wednesday. I knew it was likely, so it isn't a shock and I am pleased to have a bit of a plan.

After chemo, I will  have a mastectomy followed by radiotherapy with good old Tamoxifen thrown in for good measure. Whilst I know it will be a long haul, I feel better for knowing that the bone and CT scans were clear and that I have some clarity. 

I know everyone is different, but I would really love to hear your top tips for managing chemotherapy. I have been advised to get a thermometer and hand sanitiser, but other than that, I don't imagine there is much else I need in the house? I know I will be slap bang in the middle of chemotherapy when it is Christmas. Apart from delegating to my (adult) children and husband, is there anything I can do now that might make it a bit easier? 

Thank you to everyone who has supported me this far. I have begun to read and explore this part of the forum (I had previously mostly hung around the 'recently diagnosed' section) and am finding my way slowly. I hope you don't mind me joining in over the coming months. It is so uplifting to know there is a community of us going through this strange, unplanned and unwelcome journey. xx

Hiya Cassie just did a big to do list sent to me by my accountant phew! Trying to decide what to do next Smiley Happy

The boredom and waiting parts of this are so horrid aren't they. I have decided that I need to stock up on things to keep me occupied next cycle when the brain is only half functioning πŸ™ƒ
Hope there are lots of treats on your list for your husband β™₯οΈπŸ¦„

Thanks for ur replies, asked the nurses when I went for a wig appointment earlier and got some gaviscon for the time being as not too bad they just said to contact them if it carries on and they will prescribe something. It does just seem to be contained to my throat at the moment so fingers crossed. Hope things get better for you ladies who aren’t well at the moment x
CK

Is it a book kindle or a tablet type? If it’s a tablet type I’ll give you a game of scrabble.

Think we all seem to be having a bit of a down day today!!  Everything OH has done I’ve moaned at as he’s done it wrong!!  Went shopping on my own coz think I may have killed him!!  He won’t let me start sandwiches as saying him and dad can sort it....cld be hilarious!! 

Still got got a bit of a sore throat but no temperature, but keeping an eye on it....if it doesn’t clear up will ring the nurses!!  

It it doesn’t do any of us any harm to get angry, cry, shout or scream, at the end of the day it’s all a bit lousy and we don’t deserve it!!

Heres some sparkles to get to get us back in positive mode, 🌟🌟✨✨🌟🌟✨✨🌟🌟✨✨

I have my kindle so done some reading but I have the attention span of a 3 year old so I'm always looking for something else to do. Hubby coming up later with some more stuff. I've sent him a shopping list.

Cassie i did crosswords, read, coloured, sucked swerts and slept when i was in but yes it is boring!!

Moshy and jelly tot - we all have days like you are having today and sometimes it doesnt take much to open the flood gates. I alwsys say that the title for my journey is most definitel 'Crying in the Shower!' As its the one place i can cry, swear, feel sorty for myself and tell myself ofg without upsetying anyone else!!

Hope you all feel better soon xx

Hi WhyteFawn, I’m working from home today. Not very exciting, off to my onc appointment in a bit. Hopefully will get my antisickness meds tweaked for Friday.

No TV when you’re stuck in bed is rubbish. Are there any newspapers or magazines kicking about?

Thank you ladies means alot πŸ’– I got my big knickers on now and a smile back on my face little Ella has come for a visit so lots of cuddles to cheer me up
Jelly tot it's horrible when you feel like that it comes and goes and shi is right we are all only human at the end of the day this forum is invaluable to us really as no one else really gets it for they?! Also I really don't like to put a debbie downer on everyone so today my GP got it! I don't think he was expecting it haha!
I told him about this forum he had never heard of it but thinks it's a great idea x back to my cuddles she just starting to stir love to you all πŸ’–πŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸ’–

Hi all. Still in the NHS premium hotel. No tv and my button doesn't switch my lamp off so I keep having to get up. I spend my lonely hours drinking and peeing and recording volumes of each. At least that gives me something to do. I feel fine just completely bored out of my brains.
What's everyone up to?

Ladies we have good days and bad days but no matter what we got each others backs so hugs to each and everyone of you xxx

Got my Hickman tomorrow eek 😬 x
Highlighted
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Jelly tot, it is bleepty bleepty bleep, good to get it out and have this forum to enable us to do it with people who fully understandπŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨good luck with next chemo, we are getting there and we will get each other through this ladies. Cassie hope you are ok and sending another πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•Ίto get well soon. πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Bless you Mishy.. this is all so **bleep**ty and yet we somehow soldier on, no wonder we have to let it out sometimes.Big hugs x
Have had my own wobble today, handfuls of hair coming out, blackened toenails 1boob like a deflated football ( soon to be chopped off).. Haven't slept properly since chemo 1 and constant diarrhoea....consequently I look like I'm permanently ready for Halloween.
FFS it's not fair is it!
Anyway I'm alive and hoping to stay that way so that's that.
Sorry rant over....
Chemo 2 on Friday woo hoo all aboard!
Xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Mishy, I am sure we all get those wobbles, you would be a robot if you didn’t and it does help to just let go get it out and then get the positive pants back on again and get back on the forum where we all are who understand and can send you πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺto help you get through. You’ve been on the chemo train longer than we have mishy, you are doing amazing and have been such a big help to all us here on Oct thread. πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨love you shi xx

Big hug Mishy this is a tough tough journey we have all been press ganged into πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

Caddie hope you get well soon xxx you must have been a bit frightened passing out like that 😲
Hoping you are all we this morning Karana hope you are taking it easy Shi glad you are so positive about your hair it really the best way to be and yeah a nice surprise when it comes back a different colour and curly
I'm thinking of being uncle fester got the head the white face and dark circles only need the clothes πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ not doing anything just be handing out sweets and treats to the kids who call trick or treating πŸŽƒ
Had a big wobble this morning went to docs for my bloods for Wed and ended up crying my eyes out and it all came flooding out maybe I needed to I don't know I am typically one of those people who just laughs and smiles my way through stuff so maybe I needed to offload ☺️
I do feel better since I did!!!
I'm hoping all you SE are behaving for you all and Cassie you are in the right place if you are poorly they can keep a better eye on you πŸ’–

Welcome Jem16 I am also on lansoprazole for acid reflux. I was prescribed it quite a few years ago as it is a family trait with us. I only take it from time to time now but always for the first week after chemotherapy to keep the acid at bay. The nausea is enough to contend with. If you were actually sick after chemo ask you oncologist to tweak your anti sickness meds next time. I have it been sick on cycle 2 but have still felt nauseous no fun but better than first cycle.

Hi Jem x

Good luck for today BuddyFan x

So sorry you are in casa NHS Cassie. Here is my little dance to hopefully get you home as soon as possible. πŸ•ΊπŸΌπŸ•ΊπŸΌπŸ•ΊπŸΌπŸ•ΊπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌ Day 3 of second cycle for me so back to the dreaded injections. First signs of any pain in my hips and back this time and I will be asking for stronger painkillers. Also husband has a cough and cold and not sure how worried I should be about catching it? He’s banished to the spare room for sleeping but still managing to wake me up in the night! xx