cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2017 Chemo Starters

Re: October 2017 Chemo Starters

Cassie that should've been "good to hear you've had a lovely day"!

Cassie, could to hear you've had a lovely day! 🙂

I have been been using corsydol daily wash (I was using it before chemo) and touch wood haven't had any mouth issues. I think other threads also mentioned bicarbonate if soda miseducation with water as also being good so that might be worth a try! 🌟✨🦄🌈🌟🦄🦄

Thank you all for the great response to my wig...makes me feel a little more confident!  

Feeling bit exhausted today, so now back upstairs, wig off & pjs on, may even get in bed soon!

Seems like we’re all having an ok day, Meesh is definitely doing a good job driving that train and getting us to the other side safely 🌟🚂🚂🌟🌟💪💪🌟🌟🦄🦄✨✨

Great wig Karen and love the scarf accessory 😊
Going to give the honey a go because my neutrophils were only just high enough for chem 2 should I start straight away?
Managed some turkey and veg fir my tea, nice to eat real food. Already have that hollow feeling back though. Going out for a stroll with hubby and then to bed.
Glad you had a nice time with friends and family Cassie. Rest up for a bit now though xx

Hi lovely ladies.
Had a great couple of days with friends and family coming to visit. And they brought cakes. Now feeling very tired so bath and bed for me. Finished my injections today which is always a huge relief as I hate doing them. Still suffering with sore mouth. It's down one side at the moment towards the back and is making eating tricky. I have mouth wash from hospital but it doesn't seem to be doing much. I think corsodyl was probably more effective last time.

Karen you wig looks amazing! It looks so natural and great styling.

Hope everyone is doing ok
Cassie x

Ruth yes my hips ached loads but ck told me about Epsom salt baths and it helped loads x

Evening ladies wasn't it a lovely day today? I made my first visit into town since chemo and sat outside enjoying a take away coffee and muffin in the sun - felt like I had escaped from captivity!!

Chaffinch I know what you mean - I spent the first 4 days with my eyes closed as much as possible not really sleeping but trying to be as near unconcious as possible to avoid feeling the nausea and sickness. Meesh my acid got really bad and I am now on lansoprazole for gastric reflux (not sure how long I will have to take it for 🙄) smells are still a major issue and nausea is on and off. Looks like my chemo is going to be the equivalent of getting pregnant 6 times!!!

Day 5 of my injections and my bones are starting to tell me about it - hobbling quite a bit this evening as my hips are seizing up - has anyone else experienced this?

Karen - love the wig picture! I finally shared a picture of my pixie cut with my friends and am getting a little more used to it especially if I wear very bright lipstick - will have to see if the cold cap retains any of it though.

Wishing everyone a fab evening especially everyone who had their next round of chemo this week ♥️♥️♥️ Ruth
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

That frobishers has some lovely wigs Karana, I’m going posh wig shopping when the chemo is over, my cheapies will do me till them. Mishy I was ok last round till day 9, so hopefully not a repeat of last time, only time will tell have a nice night with your mam xxx💕💕💕✨✨✨✨to everyone and that’s another 2 on the train for round 2 ladies, we’ll get each other through this and look forward to our meet up next year😘😘😘💕💕💕✨✨✨✨shi xx

Karen, you look absolutely amazing, you'd honestly never know it's a wig! Thanks for sharing the picture! I really really need to get mine trimmed a bit. I'm wondering if mine would look better with a scarf or some clips, haven't had it on since I brought it home! Think I'm still in denial that I'll need it, but am losing quite a bit of hair now so think I need to seriously think about it! I think it's beginning to Matt, but not supposed to was it til monday 😕

Great wig Karana - you would never know! Mine is a simar style but a different blonde. Mine gets bigger the longer i have it on. You look amazing x

Hi everyone how you all feeling today love the hair Karana
Shi how you feeling good OK you seem upbeat so fingers crossed for you
Staying with me mam tonight so check in tomorrow ladies 😊
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks Karana, it’s such a good blonde very natural, I’ve struggled to find a good blonde one that looks so natural. 💕💕✨✨shi xx

That’s what I think too runnerbean...it gets more bouffanty the longer I wear it!!xx

Karen that looks fab and. Not like a wig at all x thank you for sharing x

Your wig looks fab Karana I would never have guessed it wasn’t your hair. I find mine looks better with a headband or some clips in. Don’t know why it just seems to make it less obvious. Xx

Yes it is!!  I really didn’t like it last week but with a scarf I think it looks better!  It was the one I got free thru the hospital, but is from a company called Frobishers xx

Karana, is that really a wig!??? It looks ace!
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Karana, I love your wig, where did you get it from please? You can’t tell at all looks grwat😘😘😘💕💕💕✨✨✨shi xx
Highlighted

2147ABB7-7A05-46B7-93A1-12C7E4BE82BB.jpeg

Well done runnerbean, now drink lots and rest, and Sam make sure you do rest as we don’t want you back in hospital.!

Are you still feeling ok Shi, will they be keeping a closer eye on you this time?

Meesh glad your acid has subsided, I hate that feeling!

I’ve been sitting down in pub having a bit of a chat with some girlie friends but now feel a bit zapped so gonna chill out! I have been wearing my wig today though...what do you think?? Xx