cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2017 Chemo Starters

Re: October 2017 Chemo Starters

Hi lovely ladies.
Had a great couple of days with friends and family coming to visit. And they brought cakes. Now feeling very tired so bath and bed for me. Finished my injections today which is always a huge relief as I hate doing them. Still suffering with sore mouth. It's down one side at the moment towards the back and is making eating tricky. I have mouth wash from hospital but it doesn't seem to be doing much. I think corsodyl was probably more effective last time.

Karen you wig looks amazing! It looks so natural and great styling.

Hope everyone is doing ok
Cassie x

Ruth yes my hips ached loads but ck told me about Epsom salt baths and it helped loads x

Evening ladies wasn't it a lovely day today? I made my first visit into town since chemo and sat outside enjoying a take away coffee and muffin in the sun - felt like I had escaped from captivity!!

Chaffinch I know what you mean - I spent the first 4 days with my eyes closed as much as possible not really sleeping but trying to be as near unconcious as possible to avoid feeling the nausea and sickness. Meesh my acid got really bad and I am now on lansoprazole for gastric reflux (not sure how long I will have to take it for 🙄) smells are still a major issue and nausea is on and off. Looks like my chemo is going to be the equivalent of getting pregnant 6 times!!!

Day 5 of my injections and my bones are starting to tell me about it - hobbling quite a bit this evening as my hips are seizing up - has anyone else experienced this?

Karen - love the wig picture! I finally shared a picture of my pixie cut with my friends and am getting a little more used to it especially if I wear very bright lipstick - will have to see if the cold cap retains any of it though.

Wishing everyone a fab evening especially everyone who had their next round of chemo this week ♥️♥️♥️ Ruth
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

That frobishers has some lovely wigs Karana, I’m going posh wig shopping when the chemo is over, my cheapies will do me till them. Mishy I was ok last round till day 9, so hopefully not a repeat of last time, only time will tell have a nice night with your mam xxx💕💕💕✨✨✨✨to everyone and that’s another 2 on the train for round 2 ladies, we’ll get each other through this and look forward to our meet up next year😘😘😘💕💕💕✨✨✨✨shi xx

Karen, you look absolutely amazing, you'd honestly never know it's a wig! Thanks for sharing the picture! I really really need to get mine trimmed a bit. I'm wondering if mine would look better with a scarf or some clips, haven't had it on since I brought it home! Think I'm still in denial that I'll need it, but am losing quite a bit of hair now so think I need to seriously think about it! I think it's beginning to Matt, but not supposed to was it til monday 😕

Great wig Karana - you would never know! Mine is a simar style but a different blonde. Mine gets bigger the longer i have it on. You look amazing x

Hi everyone how you all feeling today love the hair Karana
Shi how you feeling good OK you seem upbeat so fingers crossed for you
Staying with me mam tonight so check in tomorrow ladies 😊
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks Karana, it’s such a good blonde very natural, I’ve struggled to find a good blonde one that looks so natural. 💕💕✨✨shi xx

That’s what I think too runnerbean...it gets more bouffanty the longer I wear it!!xx

Karen that looks fab and. Not like a wig at all x thank you for sharing x

Your wig looks fab Karana I would never have guessed it wasn’t your hair. I find mine looks better with a headband or some clips in. Don’t know why it just seems to make it less obvious. Xx

Yes it is!!  I really didn’t like it last week but with a scarf I think it looks better!  It was the one I got free thru the hospital, but is from a company called Frobishers xx

Karana, is that really a wig!??? It looks ace!
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Karana, I love your wig, where did you get it from please? You can’t tell at all looks grwat😘😘😘💕💕💕✨✨✨shi xx
Highlighted

2147ABB7-7A05-46B7-93A1-12C7E4BE82BB.jpeg

Well done runnerbean, now drink lots and rest, and Sam make sure you do rest as we don’t want you back in hospital.!

Are you still feeling ok Shi, will they be keeping a closer eye on you this time?

Meesh glad your acid has subsided, I hate that feeling!

I’ve been sitting down in pub having a bit of a chat with some girlie friends but now feel a bit zapped so gonna chill out! I have been wearing my wig today though...what do you think?? Xx

Ha ha Dizzie, are you having rads? Perhaps you can ask to have them done then? 😂

Runnerbean, well done on second round, rest up and drinks loads.

Karen, thanks for the tip off for the lanzerpone I'll definitely ask about that as acid seems to be a thing for me on day 4 (had it last cycle too). Didn't take anything in the end for the acid (had an apple and some almonds, which I googled as anti acid foods) seem to be a bit better at the moment. Although the garlic and onions in my curry might cause a problem later! 🙄

Good to hear everyone on the Chemo 🚂 this week is doing ok, let's hope it continues! 🌟✨💫🦄🌈🌈🦄✨🌟💫🌈🦄🌟🕺🏻💃🏻🕺🏻💃🏻🕺🏻🌟✨🦄🌈💫

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Well done runnerbean and Sam (sorry to hear you were in hospital too that 1st round, what happened? Was it neutraphils fur you too)? Dizzy well done with pumpkin, post us a photo 😁Karana stop rubbing it, it’s hard as we all want to but leaving it alone has helped a bit with mine so far especially since went to the grade 4. Hope everyone has had a better day with se’s and meesh keep that fun at the drivers head, you are getting us all there gurl😘😘👍👍💕💕✨✨✨shi xx

Wishing you a good night and quick recovery Runnerbean xx
I’ve spent most of the day watching tv to distract from that horrible hollow morning sickness nausea feeling. Really want my bed now though. Hubby off out to buy some fish for tea.
I ate curry a couple of times last cycle but homemade. I love my spicy food. Went out for a few meals but stuck to well cooked food and avoided seafood pate etc.

Well that’s the second round of chemo done. Back at home and resting up now as didn’t sleep much last night. Sam34 sorry to hear you have been in hospital. Make sure you rest up and look after yourself this round xx

I’m gonna get them tattooed on once therapy finishes to ‘hide’ the permanent indents they’re going to leave!

Ha ha Dizzy, will you be wearing your sick bands until January! Mine started to dig into my wrists and leave indentations, they've already started doing that this round. 

Good job on the pumpkin carving! 🎃

Hi everyone chemo went well yesterday 👍 Resting for a few days now though as I did to much 1st cycle and ended up in hospital...so this time I'm chilling and being a slob for abit haha xx

If I rub my spikesy head hair it comes out so I think shinny baldy won’t be too far away!!!

Well done with the pumpkin carving Dizzy 🎃

Hi everyone, back from work and the children’s pumpkin carving is done 🎃🎃.

I’m still wearing my sick bands. To scared to take them off and it’s day 14 😳

I think you can have curry, I suppose the risk is food poisoning so if it’s a reputable restaurant I don’t think there’d be an issue.

Rest up as much as you can Chaffinch x

Autumn has definitely arrived in the lady garden, armpits are also thinning 😊 head hair is still in place 🤞🏼

We've got a homemade lamb curry tonight, that I made last week and put the leftovers in the freezer, not the same as a restaurant one but ok.

Karen, just think you have to be careful with eating out as you need to make sure it's freshly cooked and hot all the way through.

I’ve made it to Tesco today and got a few bits for Halloween 🎃 

Feeling ok just a bit dizzy, I got Lanzoprene (think that’s wot they called) from Onc and they def get rid of the acid feeling, maybe ask for that Meesh?

are we not allowed to eat Indian?  My friend wants me to go for one in a few weeks?!!! Xxx

shi cook your own curry x not quite the same but may sort the craving out x

I went to charity shop and got 2 lovely scarves and only £2.50 each so will be you tubing for more ways to tie them.

I just been for my carvery for lunch .... blooming lovely too now I need a nap lol x

Hope you are all enjoying the nice weather x

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

No 3, har har that was wishful thinking this morning wasn’t it seeing as it was only fec 2 yesterday😂😂😂I’ve got a real craving for a curry, can’t wait till chemo done i’ll Be having a nice curry got my first meal afterwards, nans, pickle tray the works. Is everyone else’s craving going made on the chemo train? 💕💕✨✨shi xx

Forced myself out of bed and into the bath. Lost loads of hair but felt better for it. Put a washing then decided that the only thing I fancied to eat was bacon and egg. So have eaten small amount of bacon and egg with microwaved mushrooms and tomatoes and so far so good. Exhausted now and on the sofa with the cat but definitely feeling brighter than yesterday 😊
Glad everyone is managing and that the sun is shining definitely helps xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Sue my no4 is still clinging on, going for the buzz and swapping to silk pillowcase has helped for sure. I don’t know how long it’ll last now done no 3, but when we switch to t after the next tound it should start to grow back, so hopefully be sporting a grade 4 again by March if we are all lucky. Isn’t it lovely today again, blue skies and sunshine, how lucky to be enjoying it, even though we are on this journey.💕💕✨✨shi xx

I might see if we've got any thanks SueW

I bought cheap Tesco rennie type tablets x didn’t have heartburn but slight acid felling found they helped it’s as if because there chalky they absorb the acid xx

Hi everyone! 

Just been out out for a walk in the lovely sunshine, was going to walk to Tesco but feel a bit acidey today which is annoying me, so didn't feel like Tesco was a good choice OH will have to get the few bits we need. Does anyone know what can help with that acidey feeling, don't have heartburn.

My ladytuft and armpits have thinned but I think that might be it for a while.

Shi good t hear you're feeling ok, drink loads today too it'll help flush everything out. 

Karen, enjoy your walk in the Norfolk sunshine! 

Chaffnch hope you feel feel a bit better today, just listen to your body and go with it.

🌟✨🌟✨💫🌟✨💫🌈🦄🦄💃🏻🕺🏻💃🏻🕺🏻💃🏻🕺🏻

Hair ... just had a shower lady garden vanishing but number 2 shaved bonce no loss yet on day 14 xx

Hugs chaffinch
Just rest as and when you need to x listen to your body hope you feel better today x
Good luck runner bean x

First couple of days are always the worst Chaffinch, let’s hope today is a better day, sun 🌞 shine helps ✨✨🌟🌟😘😘

Hope today goes smoothly for you Runnerbean xx
I had a reasonable night. Felt pants all day yesterday only managed about 5 hours out of bed. Slept intermittently from 9:30 to 7:30. Prefer being asleep to being awake at the moment.
Will try a bath in a bit and try getting up and dressed this morning weather is better so that might encourage me. It was dreary and dark here yesterday and my mood matched!
Hope everyone has a good day xx

Morning ladies, here goes for round 2. I have my water and sea bands so hopefully no sickness this round either. Husband has a cough and cold now so is banished to the spare bedroom for the next few days. My appointment is for 10.30 and not even dressed yet so best get moving! xx

Morning everyone Smiley Happy Off to the doctors with YD this morning, she's having the flu jab as she lives with me and works with children. She doesn't like needles,so I'm going with her to give moral support.! It'll make a change that's not me having something done! xx

I wore sea bands to day 6 not sure if they do anything but would not take chances x

Morning ladies...hope u slept ok x I had a much better night, think the Epsom salts helped, although OH came to bed at 130 after falling asleep on sofa and was in chatty mode then I struggled for a while to get back to sleep 💤!

Hope you feel ok this morning runnerbean, jump on that train 🚂 and we will see you on the other side ✨✨✨🦄🦄🦄✨✨✨

Meesh, its a bright sunny day this morning so may attempt a short walk with the dog for some fresh air, got a busy weekend with family visiting tomorrow & a Halloween party but have stressed to everyone that I’m not quite back in party mode yet so will have to take it easy!!

OH was chatting to someone last night who’s sister has had chemo and think it’s made him realise how nasty it really is, think he’s feeling bad now, ha ha!!

love to you all on this bright sunny Friday 😎 xxx

Hope it goes well today Runnerbean x I wore seabands too and I wasn't sick-don't know if it was the bands or the tablets that helped, but I didn't want to risk taking off the bands! xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Morning everyone, hope everyone had better nights😘had an early night last night and rested, was up 4 times in the night after all that water getting the tizer pee out. Good luck runnerbean 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺and hope everyone’s se’s are getting more managable. 💕💕✨✨✨shi xx

Good morning everyone how are you all x
Good luck for any treatments today sorry I can’t name you individually I cannot remember who is when my memory seems a little bit off at the moment xx

Morning everyone! Hope everyone slept well! I had broken sleep last night (OH up and about at 4:00am stressing) but don't feel too bad this morning. Done a bit of yoga and meditation, my friend is coming round to see me later and I might see if I can get a walk in this morning.

Runnerbean good luck today 🌟✨🌟✨🦄💫🌈✨🦄🦄💃🏻🕺🏻💃🏻🕺🏻The 👨🏻‍✈️🚂 will be with you shortly. Remember to drink plenty oh and remember your sea bands both Karen and I nearly forgot! 

Whats everyone else else up to today? 🌟✨💫🦄🕺🏻💃🏻

I wont be doing 7 again!

Thanks Ali, still a bit tired, but nothing like it was earlier in the week. Went out for a pub lunch and a wander round the shops and had a lovely time.  

Glad you're feeling a bit better. Noticed you posted on Sept thread about the injections-I only had to have 5 and Sue W is the same, so not sure why you have to have 7 xx

I'm through menopause too so no worries there either. Also used to the odd flush too!! Hope you are all feeling ok tonight xx

I suppose that's one advantage of me being older than all of you, I've already got through the menopause! It must be really tough having chemo and periods xx