cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

November 2017 Chemo Starters

Re: November 2017 Chemo Starters

Yes what a lovely weekend 🌞🌞🌞🌞👒👒👒👒😎😎😎😎🍦🍦🍦🍦

JC yes I get a completely numb arm every morning then the pins and needles take about an hour to go it in right arm which is a pain as right handed also effected side was told it was SE of T 😱😱😱😱 and could take a little while to go

Lesley hope your sores improve I've just been left with a very itchy patch of skin and still gets a bit red were under strap of bra rubs

Getting a bit stressed about going back to work as now 2 of the New team have resigned I want be able to ease myself back in and like you say Lesley are mines are willing but our bodies let us down

Anyway hope you are all safely enjoying the 🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞

Morning all - beautiful weather again, hope everyone is enjoying it

JC - got all my jobs done..... patio cleaned at mine and OHs, garage sorted out - my eBay listings are testament to it!
As for my sores ...... that’s another story!! Under boob continues to be troublesome, but new ‘burns’ have popped up in my armpit and near the nipple. I’ve got more dressings on now than I’ve ever had before 😫 And I’ve got another week for more to appear!!
Had a good old cry with OH yeaterday - which helped enormously. I feel completely back to normal in myself, but as OH says, my mind might think that, my body clearly disagrees... and my body is always going to win! I need to be more patient with myself.
I’ve got my rescheduled LGFB session tomorrow - hopefully that will perk me up and stop me feeling sorry for myself!!

xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Jc yep sounds similar to what I’ve been experiencing, when I discussed with consultant when I had a check over and ultrasound a couple of weeks back she advised the rads can aggravate nerves which can cause that. Best to check with your unit though to make sure all ok. I was a bit 😳😳😳the first few nights it happened to say the least but it has been getting better this last week again. Hope that helps a bit 💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

What a glorious weekend 😎🌞☀
Anadan, how's the sewing going - did you make yiur pyjama bottoms? I can't sew for toffee but do knit & crochet, but I lost interest during chemo & you've inspired me to finish off my projects - a turtle blanket for 1 daughter & 2 shoppers for friends as a thank you for their help and support.
My hair isn't long enough to dye either
Lesley - I hope you've managed to finish your jobs. I've been enjoying breakfast & lunch in the garden. How are your sores, hope they've started to heal.
Otter you sound very creative - I've found picking up my needles/hook very therapeutic. Good luck for Tuesday going back to work.

Just wondered - has anyone suffered from a numb arm/pins and needles. I've been suffering on and off since my last chemo. I woke up this morning with a numb right arm with pins & needles in my fingers, which took some time of manipulation for it to wear off.

Anyway, enjoy the sunshine tomorrow xx ☉

Well done for finishing rads Lesley, sorry I'm late with the congratulations! Hope you enjoy your celebratory meal, you deserve it Smiley Happy xx

Hi Lesley

When you finished you can come round and do mine😘 were do you get your energy xx

Hope the sores get better soon I still have one patch wear my bra rubs 

Lovely to see the 🌞🌞🌞😎😎😎 but typical when I'm due back to work on Tuesday and just heard that 2 of the New team have resigned 😱😱😱so God knows what mess I will be going back to 🙃🙃🙃

Oh well sure it will all work out ok in end

Enjoy the sunshine all remember your 👒👒👒😎😎😎🍦🍦🍦

Xxx

Morning all - and happy long weekend !!

My friend over at the met office ASSURES me that we will be having lots of lovely sunshine and it will be warming up considerably ....... and about time too!!

My 'sores' are improving and getting worse in equal measure!  The main one from the 15 sessions is definitely clearing up and reducing, but now I have new ones springing up in my arm pit from the 5 targeted sessions 😠 Which means I am going to have to go back into the wardrobe to work out what to wear tonight as my original outfit now isn't suitable ... it will only aggrevate the situation 😡  Hopefully another week and I will be sorted 🌞

Off to jetwash the patio now!  What could possibly go wrong!!  🚿

xx

Thanks Otter. I think I'm going to go with Shi's solution -- trusty Mrs Button of Balgowlah! Silly, I know -- I used to make clothes myself. But she'll do it so much better in a fraction of the time. 

HF

xx

HF

First you would have to unpick the lining the pin up to length required on main fabric see then reattach lining

I could set up a little sideline here ✂✂📍📍

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Lesley cocktails and 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻On club Tropicana for you beautiful 💕💕✨✨Shi xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Harry fiddler, I’d google for a little cal seamstress and get it over there. Don’t you have any alterations shops in any of the malls? 💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Otter, this is so useful!! 💜💜thank you very much 😘😘 good I told you about my sewing plans , now I know where to turn for help 😘

Hi Anadan

Regards dress sizes you would need to measure your waist and hips so

10 would be waist 25 in hips 34.5

12 .                 Waist 26.5 hips 36

14 .                     ".     28 .    " .   38

Hope this helps

😘😘😘😘

Big hugs Carole.

It's such a rollercoaster. I've just drunk a rather stiff gin and tonic with a girlfriend after my day at the hospital. All measured up and tattooed, ready to start a week on Monday. I've got 25 zaps to look forward to. Bit devastated to hear that they want to do my chest wall on both sides, as well as right side armpit but, as you say, belt and braces. We can do this!

As for sewing, I most definitely CANNOT do that. Bravo Anadan, I am impressed. My daughter just threw her school tunic at me and said "I need you to take it up". It's her winter tunic, heavy cloth fully lined and I don't know where to start!

On that note, to bed, with some nice pain killers to calm down my fiery boobs. Hugs to all of you lovely ladies,

Hf

xx

Otter, you sound like a sewing expert 💕 I might come back with questions Smiley Happy one thing I can’t work out is what size pattern do you choose for a dress / blouse when you have no breast 😱😂

Bythesea the thing with curtains is make sure you measure correctly giving plenty for hem and if you are lining it's always better to do a separate lining I find so if you wash the curtains the lining want shrink

Knitting is my evening pastime but never learnt to crochet

Donne a bit of gardening but already too hot out there for me will have to try again this evening when it' cooler

👒👒👒😎😎😎🌞🌞🌞

how long is your hair Bythesea? mines not even to a number 2 yet, so no point dyeing it yet.... which is annoying.  Also how many weeks is it since you stopped chemo?

My weekend plans consist of a celebratory meal out tomorrow with my man, then gardening and sorting out the garage and then listing all the stuff I have been hoarding on eBay!

I'm very impressed with you needle women, I always start off with the best of intentions, I make a mess of it and throw it away.  Knitting is more my thing

Enjoy the sunshine peeps

xx

I've got curtains I'm too afraid to cut so at the minute the neighbours can see my every move. Otter and anadan I'll send them down x
Extreme blonde hair dye arriving on Tuesday woohoo. Hope everyone has exciting bank holiday weekend plans???

Morning ladies 🌞🌞🌞🌞😎😎😎😎👒👒👒👒

Let's hope it stays for awhile 😘

Think I might need new contact lens or glasses too 👓👓👓

Anadan you can do it ✂✂✂✂ just remember give yourself plenty of seem allowance and test out stitch tention on a spare piece of material before you start seeing

My machine is over 30 years old and is getting a little tempramental so haven't used for a bit but as I haven't got any shorts that fit you have inspired me to get it out and get making 😘😘😘😘

JC, I think my eyes will need new stronger glasses after chemo 😱 

Carole, sending hugs your way 😘😘😘😘 I can’t advise anything, no experience yet 😜 but try to think you’re doing everything possible to get it done and over with , FOrever 💕 

JC, my pre op visit was ok, I’ve been given go ahead, so it’s happening! Next Tuesday.

I’ve challenged myself lately, just to focus on somethig different and useful 😃and want to learn to sew clothes for myself and the girls. I bought some fabric for new pyjama bottoms that I’m going to take to hospital 😜 but I’m too scared to cut it now 😂 I keep telling myself, get these scissors working or you’ll be in trouble 😜😜 I’m not allowed to buy any new pyjama bottoms without trying to make my own first! I’ll do it tomorrow ... 🧐✂️ Promise 👊

Have a good night everyone xx

Carole permission to feel deflated and down iknow I went off on a pity party when I was told I would need chemo as that wasn't in the initial plan but realised that it was to ensure I killed off this little b######

The weeks will fly by the worst bit for me was the shoulder pain which I still have but I did have an existing injury

Hope you are feeling a bit better after your glass of wine

Thank you for your support ladies, just feeling so deflated after being told all was good and that I didn't need more treatments. I know it's for the best but just feel so annoyed too about the whole thing as I was starting to get back to normal.
I am waiting to hear to book in the treatment, it will be just 15 sessions, so 3 weeks. Hoping sooner than later as I have a holiday to go on too.
Large glass of red is going down very well x

Hi Carole, so sorry to hear ur news, it must have been such a shock. How long after your surgery are you due to start rads?
I'm raising a glass of prosecco to you 🥂 and sending hugs ur way x

Pimms on its way!!

Hotel and meal vouchers ..... NHS Scotland definitely do things differently!!

We are all the queens of the comeback ... there will be no stopping us .... just little humps in the road to slow us down from time to time!!

xx

Send one of those pimms up Lesley x

Carole sending a huge hug and echo the other ladies. One more insurance policy is for your own good even if it doesn't feel like it now. I had my planning meeting today so currently on the ferry in the sunshine with my new tattoos 😎 New hospital today and I have loved the attention of people looking after me. When my regular trips end I think I might feel abandoned but I'll deal with that when it happens!
My radiotherapy comes with a hotel stay and meal vouchers which I'm almost excited by.
Buy yourself something nice Carole as a treat. I had a bit of a tiff last night with OH so bought pretty shoes and hair dye from live better with. I'm making a comeback 😜

Sorry to hear your news Carole 🤗🤗 xx

Oh Carole ... that is just pants 👖....
I bought loads of creams - aloe vera and more udderly cream and didn't use any of it!! The only consistent bit of advice from all the radiographers was to use cream that you have used for a while and recently so you know you are not allergic to it. And then only really use it if your skin is getting dry. I was told to stop using creams on day 3, but my 'burn' came up really quickly .... it is still an open wound and moving around my boob which is very common apparently. I am also starting with some new redness until my arm. Do you know how many sessions you are going to have? I had 15 all over the boob and then 5 targeted on where the lesions were. I'm sorry, I can't remember if you were a mx or lump girl!!! Any dates to start? You will be fine and better to have belt and braces now rather than something 'unexpected' pop up in the months/years to come!! And although it isn't a biggy to do, it is a biggy to get your head around..... you are hereby given permission to feel proper sorry for yourself, blub a bit and open a nice bottle of wine!! We will all have to open one with you!! (There does appear to be an alcoholic theme to today!!)
Sending oodles of hugs and love 💕🤗

Hi ladies
Just had the rug pulled from under my feet. Was expecting a nothing appointment with onc to just finish things off but now need radiotherapy, aarrhh, I know it's no real biggy but after been told that your done to them be told that for belt and braces it's a good idea it has knocked me sideways. So back into treatment I go.
So loads of advice on creams, lotions and potions needed.
Feeling pretty down

Fab picture Lesley 😀😀🥂

🌧🌧🌧🌧💨💨💨💨 here this morning but 🌞🌞🌞🌞😎😎😎😎👒👒👒👒 I've got about 2 cm and either wear a woolly hat or a selection of sunnats

This afternoon so managed to get out for a walk after I attempted to do some spring cleaning this morning got half the front room done before someone unplugged me 😱😱😱😱

Lesley I have a review with the Radiologist in two weeks then the oncologist in July but get me boob squeezed on September on anniversary of lumpectomy but as still gets painful not looking forward to it

I wish!!!

Brilliant!!!!!! A girl after my own heart, although I thought the picture was taken today!!!! 😄🍹

I was sooooo bad went I went to St Lucia - I got into the habit of having a Pimms on the beach around 1030am - a bit of a liquer after breakfast.

Then the hurricane hit and a lot of the staff couldn't make it in ..... so I went on a Pimms runIMG_1072.jpg

It was still raining and very windy ... but also very hot ....... had to be done!!! 

😄🍹

Before 10am??? You are naughty! ❤️❤️❤️

I too have a very large sun hat, large sunnies and various caps!

We will all be the embodiment of Audrey Hepburn on the Riveria!!    

Somebody hand me a cocktail dahling!!!

🍸

Lesley I go away in just over 3 weeks so may not even have 2 cm!!! Am doing a Bythesea by rocking sun hats & sunnies - obviously not at night though!! (But maybe a straw hat) xxx 🕶👒

Lesley you will look amazing! The way I see it can't look any worse? I've bought a huuuggggeeeeeee sun hat and sunglasses. I'm going to look like a movie star ⭐️ ( in a tiny town in Scotland that rarely gets the sun)!

Bythesea - looking forward to the pics!!  Enjoy coffee and after everything you have been thru rads will be dreamy! 🤞

Just been out for my walk and as JC says cold, miserable and windy here - but better weather on the way apparently.

I am due my first review appt in July and expect to have a mammo then ..... is anyone who had a lumpectomy having their mammo/review before me??  I am already beginning to worry about having my swollen, damaged  boob squeezed! ☹️

I've spent this morning trying to figure out what I will look like with 2cm of hair growth for my holiday - it didn't end well!

xx

Cold & miserable here 🌧🌫☔

Bythesea enjoy your glorious weather ☀️😎 please send some down to us!!!

Xx

Lesley still not beautified so will post pics when done. Might keep the moustache and go grungy with my new tattoos!!!
Carole still got fluid but this week it seems to be going down as a little pimple has appeared which is scar tissue but think I couldn't see it before for fluid!
I'm getting ready to head to planning and the weather is glorious after yesterday which was awful!!! Newly shaved dog was shivering Brrrrrrrrr!!!! Meeting a girl for coffee who started rads last week so hoping she can show me the ropes 😜 Have a great day xxx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻❤️❤️❤️❤️🎉🎉🎉🎉👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏well done Lesley, hop on into club Tropicana now 🍹🍹🍹🍹awaits 😘😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

I've been advised that once tooth has been taken out I will need to wait at least 2 weeks before z acid can be administered. I had dexa (bone density) scan last week and the medic was surprised I was having z acid and not anadronic tablets (I think that's the name). I see my onc again in June. I wasn't told about the 6 week windows, maybe they'll explain more when I actually go - it's worth knowing though xx

Yes all finished now JC.

I asked about ongoing dental checks with the z acid and they said no treatment 6 weeks before or 6 weeks afternoon acid - gives a small window of opportunity.

xx

Lesley well done on finishing your rads!!! Whoop whoop 🎉🎉🎉🎉 Are you all done now? 🤗
Anadan how did you get on today - when's your op? 🤗
Bythesea good luck for tomorrow. Regarding dying hair I think it has to be a few cms long and we need a full head coverage. It might be worth asking a hairdresser for advice. Mine won't do anything at the moment, she wants it to grow a bit & also wants to speak to hair dye company (I use herbatint) for their advice. 🤗
Carole good luck to you too for tomorrow 🤗

My mammogram went well thank you - it was very quick as only had one to do!! Results next week 🤞 I was ok about it - it's almost a year since I was first diagnosed.
Saw dentist hygienist also today for the first time ever!! She said teeth & gums were really healthy, except for one that needs to come out!! I'm still waiting to find out when that's happening as they can't start zoledronic acid until I've completed all major dental work. I need to be sedated for extraction & dentist doesn't do it!!! 🙄
Also got new glasses today - had eye test after chemo & needed a new prescription. Not sure if it's age or chemo!!

Anyway enjoy your evening and have a lovely rest of the week 🤗💕🤗💕🤗💕
Xxx

Thanks Carole xx

Hair is a funny old thing isn’t it??

I’ve got another ‘burn’ starting, which is annoying. But they did warn me that they might pop up for another couple of weeks 😫

Have tried most of today to add this link from today's daily mail re chemotherapy & hair growth ...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/MY4p0fNCa8Zewzrq1

Can't remember if I said 🎆🎆🎆 well done Lesley 🎆🎆🎆 - still have chemo brain. Hope you didn't break the bell, but still gave it a good old ring 🔔🔔🔔

Thanks for the advice on car insurance, checked my policy again and all looked okay so renewed 😃

Still have a swollen boob after two weeks of ibuprofen and tight sports bra 😠, Bythesea did the draining work for you and did the fluid stay away. Off to see Onc for my last visit tomorrow so will ask BCN about fluid removal.

Oh also watch the Cancer Hospital today on catch up. It was really interesting and very positive. Was good to watch something that wasn't doom and gloom.

Have a lovely evening ladies and fingers crossed for more sunshine

Xx