Re: November 2017 Chemo Starters

Oh Anadan, you poor love. Sounds like they did the surgery then bounced you around the room like a squash ball. I hope you're doing loads of resting up. And like AK said, don't forget it's not a straight line. You can feel terrific one day but it's totally OK to feel a bit crap the next. My nurse friend told me that, in fact, it's quite usual because when you feel great you push yourself, energy and movement-wise, more, then the next day the body pushes back and slows you down a bit. Two steps forward, one step back. 

Great idea for a FB page, Lesley. I'm not ready to say goodbye to you all. 

Hope everyone's lumps and bumps are coming on fine. I've got cording too, but I gather that's all reversible. In the end, I think my foobs are going to be rather more smooth and round than my original boobs. 

Spent yesterday dealing with eldest daughter who is having dizzy spells. A levels, mother with cancer, it's all go! She was freaking out yesterday. Luckily my GP is fantastic and listened wisely to all her worries. We've now been referred to get an MRI which I hope will confirm what my instinct says, which is that it is hyperchondria + stress. 

(Hope you don't mind me sharing that, but the effects of this whole boob job on the family just keep rippling out...)

Meanwhile, back to work (from home) for me. 

HF 

xx

Thanks for the description Bythesea. Mine is harder at the top than at the bottom, but if I lean forward it in places feels quite soft. 😂 what would anyone think reading this.
All my scaring is underneath a no lumps or bumps. I am just hoping as the swelling goes down it softens up 😃

Yay Anadan it's good to hear from you 💕🎉💕 Sending healing vibes x
Lesley loved the run down and I've asked to join fb group x
Carole foobie is looking better! The top half tucked under the pec looks and feels good if not still a little swollen. The hammock half is hard and really soft in places. With hard bits of scar tissue that you can feel through the skin. I think it will eventually all feel soft and I'm hoping it will droop a little into tear drop shape but at the moment it's a solid hump!
I just took it for a road cycle and so far so good. Feeling good 😊 ☀️😊

Anadan, you are here but I am so sorry about the ordeal. You poor thing. I really hope you can heal in the comfort of your own home without the intrusion of hospital routines/noise etc. 

I am still in seroma land. Unfortunately, the release of the draining lasted only a few days and, as they warned me, the fluid is back in town. It is very irritating to end up with pretend breasts that are bigger than those that were removed (and not reconstructed). I had my radiotherapy consultation this afternoon and we need to settle on a size for the seroma so they can do (and stick to) the planning on Friday. It is like choosing a prosthesis size, but less fun.

Lesley, inspired idea about FB and it may be time, as I said in my PM to you, to reveal that I am not, in fact, a heroine from a Tolstoy novel....Can't wait to see you all on there soon. Wishing your poor wounds swift healing and hope you begin to feel less sharkbitten very soon.

Otter and Carole, take it steady with the work routine - it is so tiring going back and we definitely need to be as kind to ourselves as we would be to others. 

HF, you poor thing. I am just finishing my antibiotics and they do the job, but it is not much fun, especially when it delays other treatment. Hang in there. 

JC, FMB: how are you both doing? xxx

Hi Anadan

You poor thing sending gentle hugs and healing thoughts

💖💖💖💖🤗🤗🤗🤗😘😘😘😘

Lovely to have you back Anadan, I can't imagine how you must be feeling after what you have been through.
Sending you all the healing thoughts and hugs possible. 💕💕💕💕💕

anadan - so glad you are back with us and intact ..... but bruised! My goodness you have been thru the mill! Sounds like the surgeon was trying out his WWF moves on you!! But you seem to be approaching it in good spirits - keep that up!!
Healing and loving thoughts still winging their way to you and your PJs 💕 xx

Hello my lovely friends 💜💜

thank you for all your healing thoughts 💜 I felt them throughout this bumpy ride called surgery.

I’m at home now, feeling much better 👊 

the op was on Tue morning, everuthing seemed ok, but on Tue night my left side felt really tight, blowing up and I felt like Hulk. They said I was bleeding internally, watched me over night and took me back to the theatre on Wed morning. I felt much better straight away (no more Hulk sensation in the chest) but due to the bleed my bloods were really low. It took them all day Wednesday to choose between blood transfusion or iron pills, eventually tjey put me on the pills. In the meantime the drain started leaking and we couldn’t find out from where; the stitches were intact, but whenever I moved it leaked so I had a huge surgical dressing applied on it and they let me go home on Friday night.

The brusing and swelling  from the op is horrendous. The district nurse who came to see me last night sent me to A&E because she was worried I was bleeding again. My chest, arms, back are purple. I’m even swelled up and bruised under my stomach, in the labia and groins. It’s going down my thighs today.  I had and appointment with th BN today, they took the drain out as it wasn’t working properly anyway and they said the docs must have thrown me off the table during op at least twice 😂 and that they haven’t seen anything like this before... The surgeon said, the body will slowly absorb everything, it’s just one of the possible things that might happen post op, and it happened to me. Luckily, I’m not in much pain anymore, it looks worse than it feels xx 

my pyjama bottoms are great 😀✂️ I still haven’t taken a picture but promise I’ll show you what I’ve made 😜✂️ 

I hope all is well with you, appointments, rads, work, holidays 😃 I’ll catch up with you soon xx

have a good afternoon xx

💜💜💜💜

oh and meant to say if you want to join drop me a PM on here so I know who you are!! xx

me again!!

Had a lovely blowy walk around the village ..... that's when I do quite a bit of my thinking ..... anyway.....

I have made a group on facebook - Nov 18 Chemo girls - I've set it up as a closed group at the moment, so anyone on FB can see it and who the members are but not the posts.

My thinking behind setting it up, is for any of us that want to stay in touch more personally than this board???  For me, I feel as if I have made friends for life thru this journey, but I'm not sure if I want to have to come to BCC to talk to you ...... does any of this make sense??

Anyhow, I have set the group up, if you fancy joining go for it, if it's not your bag, no worries.

If it works and we are all happy we can make it a secret group so no one can see posts or whos on the group. I am just conscious that this board is completely public as well.

💕

Morning all

lovely to read all of the posts from over the weekend...... update from me is as follows

Rads finished 2 weeks ago

Under boob 'rad burn' all cleared up and you can't see there was anything there ..... I would question why you are looking under my boob ..... but I digress!

'rad burn' over scar area ............ looks like a shark bite!!  HF might contradict me on that, but I think it does anyway!!  lots of very red skin which was broken and is now healing, but still lots of open, weeping skin.  In the end I couldn't be bothered arguing with the HCP about prescriptions so I have purchased all my own dressings - I've spent just under £100 so far, but I see it that it has bought me serenity rather than agg as I argue with doctors and nurses!

Weight has stagnated over the last 5 days - but I have been a bit naughty, so to be expected

Hair is a steady number 2 all over, still very Sinead O'Connor'ish but I will be going without wigs now unless presenting or to new clients who dont know my current circumstances.

I'm not feeling as tired now, as long as I get one good lie in a week, that seems to be working for me.

Concentration is back up and I am now devouring books like its going out of fashion - nothing very high brow, but I love it!

My subconcious has been busy at work and I have cleared my house and garage out from top to bottom - if it's not been used in the last 12 months, it is gone.  Majority of stuff I'm selling either on eBay or FB MarketPlace.   I've never used the MarketPlace before but I would recommend it - very easy ...... so far!

I am definitely clearing the decks for my new post cancer life!

OH continues to amaze me - so loving and supportive. Gynae issues continue, I have tests next week and the week after and my Onc has given the green light for topical hormone solutions in the short term to try and improve things - one of the advantages of being TN .... I knew there had to be one somewhere!

My mum's health continues to be a worry, she is being so fobbed off my her GPs - and she has categorically told me not to get involved .  I really want to phone the practice and speak to the practice manager, not to kick up a fuss, but just to let them know my concerns....... any advice ladies???  Mum is 250miles so I can't just pop in with her when she is next due to go ☹️

Busy week ahead for me - Epsom Tuesday, Olympia Wednesday and Barnsley Thursday .... clocking up the airmiles!

Sending lots of love and hugs to Anadan - hope you are ok - let us know how you are doing xx

Good morning ladies
On my commuter train in to London and starting to wonder how I ever did this week in week out. Again just a short week as rearrange rads planning is tomorrow and days holidays on Thursday to try and sort out our allotment. OH is off all week doing major weed and overall, and I'm joining him Thursday for planting.
Hope this week goes well for you at work Otter.
JC hope you are now feeling better and cold has nearly gone.
HF hope the antibiotics do the trick and you can get those rads going.
Bythesea how's foob going I am still quite swollen but I think it's going down, it's also quite hard. Just want to compare notes if that's okay.
Anadan hope you are doing okay, sending healing vibes.
Have a lovely day ladies xx

Welcome to Monday! (I'm always a bit ahead of the game here...)

Thank you AK, for reminding me that it's a zig zag line to feeling better. I just got back from what should have been my first radio session and my right boob wound is all yucky, so it's antibiotics and a week's delay for me. Boohoo. I'm trying to embrace it. I know the (mostly self-inflicted) pressure to feel better / normal is not helpful. I'm thinking it might be time to book into a Looking good seminar -- I think they're the same here -- to just spend a day having a bit of fun with some other cancer ladies.

Hope you all had a good weekend and don't work too hard!

HF

xx

Hi all

Having had my port removed under local anaesthetic with sedation followed by being hit with a summer head cold I now feel as if I am emerging and can catch up with everyone.

AK - how are you now?
Otter & Carole - how was your first week back at work? Hope you were able to relax over the weekend. Carole huge hugs to your other half, I think this journey is sometimes harder for them as they can feel helpless. Well done on your weight loss
Lesley - your hotel room sounds horrid. Glad they changed the room for you. Well done on your weight loss too

Sending you all 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗💕💕💕💕💕 and wishing you all a safe and healthy week xxx

Hi AK

I'm also having session with a coach from Working with Cancer who has been great not just getting me through treatment as she had BC but also preparing me and the team for what's likely to happen in the future and that progress isn't a nice straight line but a wiggly one that could take 12 to 18 months before you are back to were you were before all this crap just a pity when she did the awareness session with the team that they have know gone

Hope everyone is having a restful weekend bit 🌥🌥🌦🌦 here just done a bit of gardening but know time for a sit down with a cup of tea xxx

Thanks

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone, 

HF, I am 3.5 weeks on from double Mx/node clearance and can definitely still feel it with random sensations that seem to come and go with no rhyme nor reason. Much worse when I was carrying 1250 ml of gungey fluid on my chest. I think healing properly takes time and my sense is that it is very easy to think it will be linear and consistent progress, but it is much more up and down/dynamic than we'd wish. Hang in there and listen to your body. I am fortunate that my work is cerebral and not physical, but I still find it tiring and am taking it flexibly, working at home/shorter days when I need to do so. Be kind to yourself and go gently, my friend. 

Otter, well done on your busy week. I am so pleased you have support, but do take it steady. We none of us want to undo the healing we've done together or deny what we've gone through and work will still be there, hungry for your wisdom, when you're ready to do it full-time. My experience is that managing boundaries and expectations is really hard when people see you in the building, but I have been working with a coach at 'Working with Cancer' throughout this pesky process and it has really helped me stay in work, but also protect myself a bit. 

JC, great news about the mammogram. Thrilled for you. And FMB, equally good news you are getting the swelling and lumps/bumps checked out next week.

Lesley, rest up well after your battle with the sheets this week!

Anadan, we are still thinking of you and wishing you the very best of healing and recovery. 

Love and happy weekend vibes to all. xx

Hi all! Greetings from Sydney. Good to hear that you're getting a bit of sunshine over there. 

I finally got a time for rads -- mid-morning, every day for 5 weeks, which is good because I miss the traffic but bad because it blows the whole morning. Oh well. I spent this week doing the rush-around-before-treatment thing. Can I ask, how much pain have people had, and for how long, after a double mx? I am still getting the tits-on-fire feeling, five weeks on. I guess it's a very large wound inside. And I'm still wiped out just from taking the dog for a walk. I am in awe of those of you who have gone back to work. (Feeling lucky to work from home). 

Hope everyone is taking care of themselves. It's Mothers Day tomorrow in Australia so I'm expecting a cup of tea in bed!

Cheers

HF

xxx

Carole well done on losing some weight I think I've lost about 5lb only 1 .5 stones to go 😱😱😱

Survived the first week Just 🙃 been hard not having. My best friend for support and not sure I actually achieved must other than getting in each day hoping next week will be easier new team member seems ok time will tell but at least the director was very supportive and so is my manager an they know it will take time and they have also agreed I can do some of my hours from home so that takes the pressure off if I have a bad day

Had a air hair yoga session at Macmillan today while was a nice was to round off the week as it was very gentle on my still swollen painful knees

Hope you all have a good weekend it's turned a bit colder here an was raining earlier 

😘😘😘😘🤗🤗🤗🤗

Good evening ladies, sorry I've not been about for love and support but been at my work pretending life is normal before my rads start. Started work yesterday at lunch time and finished tonight at 5. Disco last night for 80 kids and an overnight stay and I've survived!!!
Well done Carole and Otter for your first week back. Otter hope there are some friends lurking in the new team xxx
Carole well done on the weight loss and for still looking shamazing in a bikini xxx

Fmb my fluid filled foobie started to soften yesterday. Op was end of march, wash out was middle of April. As the swelling went down I had a little hard lump appear that surgeon said was scar tissue
which should eventually break down. So maybe not fat necrosis????

Annakarenina well done for FINALLY seeking help! Hopefully lesson learnt for all of us! Thank you xxx

Lesley boke to those sheets and well done for noticing. I usually just jump in! Probabally slept in hundreds of plucked and tuckeds!!!
Hair dye arrived and is not so much extreme blonde but has given my hair a well needed lift 😊
My sun advice was to stay covered so I've bought a huge sun/rain hat and have been applying factor 30 to my face every day. Please send up some sun ☀️
Abadan sending love ❤️ and hoping that your ok and getting spoiled xxx

Thanks AK, I will definitely go and see the breast centre nurses when I go in for my herceptin jab next week so they can have a look xx

Hi Anadan - how are you doing? Sending postive thoughts and hugs ur way xx

Yeah JC 😀😀 happy u got the all clear for ur mammogram xx