Re: November 2017 Chemo Starters

I'm thinking factor 50, but hopeffully nothing too floppy.

Here's a link to a pic of my hair growth https://photos.app.goo.gl/ycExI4FhcpNAUPUa2

(wasn't sure how to add actual photos)

Xxx

HF - what advice do they give you re the sun - do they recommend any particular brand/creams at all?

We don't get enough exposure to this sort of problem ☔️

JC I have been using factor 30 and no burns ....where I have applied it! Just bog standard Nivea.

But I have only been out in the sun for short periods of time

I am thinking when I go away I need factor 50 or higher tbh ???

I've put it all over my head as well - my hair seems to like the attention  

I've got a baseball type cap which I have been wearing when I go for my daily walk, but in the garden I've been wearing a wide brimmed hat - I think both will be a staple element of the summer.

I am really surprised how sensitive my skin has become to the sun - how does that happen?

But I am still determined to enjoy it ☀️

xx

Good afternoon ladies on this bright and cheerful sunny day

Bythesea, so far no more nails lost, though I did laugh at Carole and imagined her nail in her stir fry!!! Hopefully your wound has stayed closed 🤞. Are you able to have a bath?  🛀

Lesley, about time they made a decision regarding your dressings . Thanks for sun cream advice  - there always seems to be a bit somewhere missed. I don't know if it's fluid retention or extra weight 😄

AK glad you're home and it wasn't as bad as you thought. Enjoy relaxing in your garden and remember to do your exercises as they do help

Fmb, good news regarding  your  mastectomy and reconstruction . Enjoy your rest in hospital. My toe is slightly tender, it looks as if there is a nail underneath.

Ladies, what sun screen are you using - I don't tan too easily, red first and then a light gold if I'm lucky, so have been avoiding the sun a bit. I have a straw hat to wear in the sun, my gp also advised sunblock on my scalp.

Enjoy the good weather xxxx

🤗🤗🤗🤗

I am going to have to order a parasol for the garden!!  Another thing I never thought I would have to!

Can I ask - has anyone else noticed more fluid retention since the temperatures increased?  Or is it just me 😫

xx

My head is not ready for the public but sitting in a shady spot in the garden hatless and wigless as its far too hot. I hope I don't frighten the neighbours 😜 xx

Yay well done FMB. Holy smoley I thought I was long with 5 hours!!! Your a hero. Bet you've got a sore throat and some stuff to cough up! Although coughing not easy with stitches. Rest up and take it easy ❤️❤️❤️

Fab to hear from you fmb, so pleased that all has gone well, wow 9 hours you are a real hero. Keep looking at that sun it will lift the spirits too.

I can't believe loosing my nail didn't hurt it was about 2/3rds down that it detached itself, it must if just snapped some how, who knows.

Thanks for the advice Lesley covered myself in factor 50 yesterday and was okay but like you usually tan easily but was terrified of burning

Hugs to all xx

Good on you FMB!! as the others have said, rest up and allow yourself to be cared for.

Just a little note about the sun - I tan quite easily .... well I used to! I sat outside for my lunch yesterday and also went for my usual walk. I covered myself in sun cream ..... but I obviously missed a few bits - the missed bits - all in random places - are crazy red! Fortunately the radiographers didn't notice it this morning so I didn't get a lecture! xx

JC...aggghhh losing a nail was one of my fears after docetaxel, funny what we dread.
I hope its ok.

Bythesea- sorry to hear about your experiences, hope everything is glued up wirh no reoccurring leaks x

My hair is growing which is great although like you all there are some areas I wish wouldn't come back 😂😂

Lesley - well done you on getting thru the rads 😀
It will all be over soon

Yes...thanks for sending the 🌞🌞 HF even if I am stuck indoors, its nice to look out on blue skies.

Carole...good job the blue nail didn't make itninto your dinner!! I cant believe it didnt hurt!

I hope Otter and all other ladies are doing well xx

Hi FMB

Glad all went well 😘😘😘 take it easy and enjoy the room service 😊😊

Hope everyone else is doing ok and enjoying the sun 🌞🌞🌞😎😎😎

AK rest well, glad all went well x

Hi everyone 😀 lots going on as usual.
Apologies for not posting...went from Spain to settling in in-laws who are child minding this week to my op in Oxford.
Successful mastectomy and reconstruction.. drugs at the push of a button. Expect to be in hospital 1 week. Op was 9 hours on Tuesday but managed to sit up and stand briefly yesterday so Dr is happy.
Goal today is walk to my chair...woohoo.
Am covered in a hot blanket to encourage capillary connection...trust it to be on 2 of our hottest days this year.
Enjoy the 🌞🌞 ladies and take care
Xxxx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

❤️❤️❤️annakarenina so pleased to hear you are home and ok lovely lady ❤️❤️❤️keep positive thoughts for next week, you’ve got this 💪💪💪💪lady ❤️❤️❤️😘😘😘😘💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

So pleased to hear you are home AK, rest and relax, and enjoy the lovely sunshine. Try not to stress. But I know easier said than done. 🤗🤗

Bythesea glad everything is sorting itself and no more leaks. I can't believe that I was glued together it is amazing stuff.

Still waiting for fluid boob to subside but not getting worse.

Lesley hope your sore / redness is behaving itself.

Hope everyone is okay and putting on that factor 50 and enjoying the sun

Xx

Welcome back AK. Relax enjoy the sun and hope it's a good book. Love that you've got the wig and makeup on ❤️. I'm desperate for a shower but have resigned myself to baby wipes and dry shampoo for now. Although you have inspired me and I might go paint my nails. Take it easy little warrior x❤️X❤️X❤️

Yeahhhhhhhh!! AK is home 🍾 and enjoying the rays! Don't forget sunscreen!!
Continue with the gentle recovery, immerse yourself in a good book and try not to think about results until next Thursday morning!!
I am incredibly shallow and rationalised that they had taken what they had taken, and the results wouldn't change no matter how much I dwelled and worried about them....... The odd glass of Merlot helped as well. Fingers crossed they will be clear .
Sending hugs and love as always
Robin redbreast is doing ok!! 🤣☢️

Hello lovely people, I am home, dressed, compressed and with wig/makeup on which feels much better. Surgery on Monday was much less terrible than I anticipated (then again, my mind has a capacity for nightmare scenarios which would put a dramatist to shame).

I had a disappointment afterwards when the recovery nurse told me that they had taken 4 nodes, but I subsequently learned that was a mistake and it was full clearance. Still, the surgeon apologised for the misunderstanding and explained why it was the right thing to do. Apparently post-chemo, the dye can be blocked from running to a sentinel node either by disease (gulp) or by fibroidosis/scarring from chemotherapy. I am, of course, terrified it is the former, but we won't know until I get my results next Thursday afternoon. I am trying not to worry but it is so hard - I am dreading the potential of bad news and more chemotherapy etc. 

For now, I am (mostly flat) on both sides with a bit of swelling. No drains as my surgeon doesn't use them and managing okay in terms of pain. I came home yesterday morning. I am exercising as instructed three times a day to maintain movement and overall, surprised at how I am doing. The sun is a huge bonus. I am about to sit in the garden and read my book which is quite the treat for a Wednesday in April!

Bythesea, I am so sorry about your horrible experience - you so deserve a break.

Lesley, how is your red boob doing?

HF, are you feeling better?

Anadan, how are you doing post-final chemo and pre-surgery?

All on the thread, thank you for your love, friendship and support. 

thanks Bythesea - let us know how you get on this afternoon 🤗

They have finally agreed to the dressing prescription for me - as if they had an option!!  But will have to wait until tomorrow to pick it up and then wait in pharmacy for them to fill it .... good job I'm not desperate for it.

Lovely sunny, warm morning in Kent - always a good sign when you need your sunnies before 8am 😎

Don't forget the factor 50

xx

Morning Ladies ❤️
Jc they had been trying to glue the wound shut! Stitches seem to have done the job, no leakage this morning 😊
Lesley I'm sending Bon Jovi down for your halfway party, sorry he's late x
Carole and JC hope the lost nails were just a one off.
FMB how are you doing??? How was surgery/Spain????
Off to see onc for me this afternoon 😬