Re: November 2017 Chemo Starters

I am such a klutz. I just posted in the October thread because I found out chemo is beginning for me today, but I don't actually start until November, so I should have posted here. Forgive my ineptitude. Below is my story and I am looking forward to getting to know everyone who is about to begin this new phase of treatment. 

The plan is for a 20 week cycle of 8 (every 3 weeks and then every 2 weeks) beginning next Wednesday. I knew it was likely, so it isn't a shock and I am pleased to have a bit of a plan. After chemo, I will have a mastectomy followed by radiotherapy with good old Tamoxifen thrown in for good measure. Whilst I know it will be a long haul, I feel better for knowing that the bone and CT scans were clear and that I have some clarity. 

Thank you to everyone who has supported me this far. I have begun to read and explore this part of the forum (I had previously mostly hung around the 'recently diagnosed' section) and am finding my way slowly. I hope you don't mind me joining in over the coming months. It is so uplifting to know there is a community of us going through this strange, unplanned and unwelcome journey. xx

Community Champion

Hi otter

And welcome to the thread.

I'm sure there will be other ladies along soon but in the meantime, if you have any questions please ask. 

Hope it goes OK tomorrow, and let us know how you get on.

Sue xx

Hi

I was diagnosed in July but had several delays due to first being found anemic so had to have two transfusions MRI CT two scopes and heart echo

I had surgery on 4th October 17 to remove two small grade 2 tumours one hormone + but after results they found it was one 3 cm tumour I had originally been told I would not have to have Chemo but after a Onotype test it was decided I would benefit

So as long as oncologist visit on Tuesday goes ok I will be starting FECT on 2nd November

😭😞😂

S xx

Community Champion

Community Champion

November 2017 Chemo Starters

Hi Ladies

This thread is for anyone starting chemotherapy next week and into November.

It's a place to come and chat about any concerns you have and to share tips about your chemo experience. Hopefully you can all support each other through this challenging time.

I had chemo last year and finished my active treatment by the end of 2016. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have and I'll do my best to help!

Best wishes

Sue xx