Re: November 2017 Chemo Starters

Thank you Carole x. I think the animal hammock is little used here??? Did you pick it???

Hi Bythesea
Sorry to hear that the margins weren't clear again looks like we'll be doing this together next week, unless there's anything a miss with my pre-op I'm in Monday and I'm going for an implant with the animal hammock as first choice but this may be an expander if my surgeon thinks that that is a better option once she's started.
Not sure if that's any help
Sure you'll make the right choice for you 💕💕💕

Oooo little gremlins been at work!!!
Well done on ct results Lesley. I also passed mine yay but failed the clear margins test, again! Booo and the only place I'm retaining water is in my surgery boobie. It's like a water balloon!!!
Got a tin of spam in my fridge, not sure I'll be eating it anytime soon. Boke!!!
Sooooo I'm booked in again on Wednesday but this time for mx. Problem is ive got choice of two approaches. Use Muscle as hammock to hold it in with an expander or use a bit of animal as hammock and just stick in implant???? Any advice welcomed with open arms. Got a DVD to watch tonight!!!
Off for bone scan tomorrow so will be glowing in the dark ☢️.
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻🎉🎉🎉celebrations Lesley 🥂🥂🍾🍾wonderful news for you 😘😘😘💕💕✨✨ thanks helena for sorting the thread for the 💪💪💪Nov ladies 😘😘💕💕✨✨✨shi xx

My thoughts exactly AK!!  Purely medicinal!! 🙃

xx

Day made with that news, Lesley. I am delighted. Enjoy those bubbles - alcohol is a diuretic you know . . . .two birds and all that. . .

Great news about the scan Lesley.

Will give it six weeks before I panic too much about water retention 😃

Enjoy those bubbles 🍸🍸 xx

Just had a call from my BCN - scan on Tuesday all clear, the small lesion on the liver has not changed, so as suspected, it is something I have always had! So, so relieved!

I asked her whilst I had her on the phone about the water retention ..... she said it is to be expected post steroids and with the increased dose on T, it makes it worse.  Apparently my onc doesnt like to use diruetics but prefers to let nature takes it course.  But she said she should get better by 6 weeks post chemo.  I am seeing the onc in 2 weeks time and will be 5.5 weeks by then - so will raise it with her then.

Taking the parents out for a meal tonight - a glass of bubbles might be necessary!! 

xx

And that kind of response is why I missed being able to post here yesterday and this morning! You do make me laugh Ms Lesley62

You've been looking at my legs again, haven't you??

Desperately need some sunshine to hide stretch marks, cellulite, swollen ankles, swollen everything else!! 

☀️😎🏖🍹

Thank you so much everyone! I am sorry to have appeared as spam. I promise to avoid all similarities to tinned meat in future! xx

thanks all for sorting!

Welcome back AK! 💕

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi all,

Thank you Shi for alerting us to this issue Smiley Happy Having looked into this, it seems a few messages from last night (AK's included) went into our spam box, which we have now rectified. I think perhaps because there were multiple attempts to post the same message to the forum, our spam bot thought this was suspicious and marked it as spam - too clever for its own good sometimes! Rest assured, this rarely happens and on a daily basis we make sure to double check that any messages marked as spam are indeed junk. 

All the best and please do let us know of any further issues,

Helena at Breast Cancer Care

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

It was ladybowler and Ann who advised me girls, I’m so much to learn so thanks to ladybowler and Ann ❤️❤️😁😁👍👍💕💕✨✨shi xx

thanks Shi - I knew if anyone could sort it, it would be you!! 

xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Lesley and ladies, I’ve asked the moderator to look into it for you all. Ladybowler and Ann, thanks or your help with this too 💕💕✨✨shi xx

Hi Shi

missing from Nov Thread, JC cant see them and AK has said that she cant see the posts that she has put on 

thanks for looking into Shi

xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Lesley are they missing from your pm box or the Nov thread? And if it’s the Nov thread have others been able to see them but not you? Please let me know 😘😘💕💕✨✨shi xx

This is AKs message from last night - she sent it to me and asked me to post it!

FROM AK

Hello everyone,

Harryfiddler, it is good to see you here, but I am really sorry you've been having a low time. The end of chemo is such a strange thing - so anticipated and yearned for, but then we have the side effects and space for all th other stressors and worries to flood in. It sounds like you are being a fab mum too on top of everything else which would be draining and worrying under any cicrumstances. It is really okay not to be okay. We've all had huge changes and upheavals in our lives and with that comes a lot of complex emotions, even a kind of grief for what we've lost. Everyone I know who has travelled this path tells me that there are good and easier times ahead but the trajectory is not a simple and straightforward upward one, unfortunately. We will all struggle at times and it is because we all know about that struggle that we 'get' each other. This is the one place where being 'fine' is optional - one day at a time and go gently. 

Lesley, I hope ther results of the CT were reassuring. You poor thing having yet more tests. I remember the BCN telling me right at the beginning when I was having scans of all kinds that when they go looking, they do sometimes find innocuous things and not to worry too much if they picked up something that might be anomalous. In medicine, we call them 'normal variants' and there are tonnes of them - so many that I used to wonder as a student if they still counted as 'variants'!

Oh, the weight battle. It has been a fight for me all my life and I can only say that I have learned that slow and steady boringly does work. I know it is annoying, but keeping on with it will yield results eventually but, if you're like me, you'll be frustrated beyond words at the time it takes. I am sure as we get more active and the weather improves, it will get a bit easier. Well, kind of 'sure' . . . xx 

This is AKs post - she can see the board but not get her posts on there - so she has sent it to me and I said I would post it

FROM AK

Hello everyone,

Harryfiddler, it is good to see you here, but I am really sorry you've been having a low time. The end of chemo is such a strange thing - so anticipated and yearned for, but then we have the side effects and space for all th other stressors and worries to flood in. It sounds like you are being a fab mum too on top of everything else which would be draining and worrying under any cicrumstances. It is really okay not to be okay. We've all had huge changes and upheavals in our lives and with that comes a lot of complex emotions, even a kind of grief for what we've lost. Everyone I know who has travelled this path tells me that there are good and easier times ahead but the trajectory is not a simple and straightforward upward one, unfortunately. We will all struggle at times and it is because we all know about that struggle that we 'get' each other. This is the one place where being 'fine' is optional - one day at a time and go gently. 

Lesley, I hope ther results of the CT were reassuring. You poor thing having yet more tests. I remember the BCN telling me right at the beginning when I was having scans of all kinds that when they go looking, they do sometimes find innocuous things and not to worry too much if they picked up something that might be anomalous. In medicine, we call them 'normal variants' and there are tonnes of them - so many that I used to wonder as a student if they still counted as 'variants'!

Oh, the weight battle. It has been a fight for me all my life and I can only say that I have learned that slow and steady boringly does work. I know it is annoying, but keeping on with it will yield results eventually but, if you're like me, you'll be frustrated beyond words at the time it takes. I am sure as we get more active and the weather improves, it will get a bit easier. Well, kind of 'sure' . . . xx   

AK