Did you mean: 

November 2017 Chemo Starters

Re: November 2017 Chemo Starters

Good luck Carole - hope all goes well for you today 🤞🤗 xx

Good luck Carole hope it all goes well

😘😘😘😘🤗🤗🤗🤗

Good luck Carole, hope your first on list x.
Just a heads up, if you get a gown and a pair of socks the paper item is a pair of pants Not a hair net!!! I almost had an embarrassing moment!
See you later when your a bit of an animal! And I'll be joining you on Wednesday x❤️x

Good luck Carole!  Have a fabulous (!) time. Big hugs. 

HF xx

Well ladies my bag is packed and I'm ready for my mini- break. An early start as I have to check in at 7:30, but not too bad as its only 5 mins down the road. Just hope I'm first on the list.
Wish me luck !

😄 Lesley I 'm thinking of getting a haircut too as mine is growing unevenly 💇‍♀️

Otter, I find wearing my wig is like wearing a fur hat,  apparently  our hair grows more slowly on top and at the front. 

Bythesea  thank you for sharing your spring flowers with us, they are beautiful and so cheerful. I think spring flowers are my favourite. Sorry to read about your margins,  what rotten news. I have a bit of animal hammock in me.

I had my LGFB on Friday, so have a bag full of goodies, a mixture of brands and products  - mostly useful some not so. I found the session a bit patronising, as if we had no idea how to use the products.  I was hoping to pick up some useful tips, esp as my skin feels dry, but it was all about how to apply moisturiser & then the make up. I'm glad I went though - a nice day in London, lunch with my brother.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend - need to get my bins out!!

Xxx

Hi Lesley

You are very brave 💇💇💇mine is starting to grow more round the back and sides but not much at top of front so not brave enough to cut it yet

But as you I want to go wig less as soon as possible as find it very hot and with still getting hot flushes on an off all day gets uncomfortable so hoping it will be long enough by the summer if we every get one 

🤗🤗🤗🤗😘😘😘😘

Had to share with you .... because you will understand!

I have just cut my hair!!  Which is good and bad at the same time!!

It is growing unevenly - alot at the sides, quite a bit at the back and on top but very little at the front.  So I thought I would try and Wahl it to try and get it even so as it comes thru at least I can go wigless without looking like Bobby Charlton!

I got quite a bit off (I thought) ..... OH just chuckled when I showed him.... but as he said it's going in the right direction!

It's the little things in life that make you happy isn't it??!!

💕

xx

Morning all 

Feeling a little fragile this morning after all my physical efforts yesterday - arms and back aching quite a bit - but feels so good to be getting stuck into activity again!

Hope the weekend is treating you all well!

xx

Beautiful flowers!
I’ve spent the day working in the garden - digging over 300sq ft to make into a wildlife meadow - so enjoyed it!!

I’ll try and get a surgery ninja outfit fit you all!! xx

Gorgeous flowers bythesea - you are the one who most deserves them at the moment. So sorry to read about the margins. I am thinking of you and, quite often, also of Lesley in her gold ninja outfit as per Shi's suggestion. That may  be the image I have in a few weeks as I head to theatre. I will be the patient giggling manically as she waits for the anesthetist.

Anadan, I hope the tunnel of side effects is not too horrid. You are nearly there and we will be waiting for you when you emerge. 

Wishing everyone a happy weekend. xx 

Sending my spring bouquet to you all xxx

image.jpeg

Morning ladies,
What a beautifull day x
Hoping you all have a wonderful weekend planned and you can spoil yourselves at least once xxx.
Much love to you all ❤️
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

By the sea, we need ninja Lesley in her gold suit to kick your margins butt, sending you ❤️❤️❤️And imagine Lesley ninja’ing away during op, keep 💪💪💪as you have done and the Nov ladies have got you 👭👭💕💕✨✨shi xx

Bythesea 💕 sending love 💕💕

Lesley, great news 🎊 on your CT scan x

I started the injections yesterday, so counting down 7 painful days ... I’ll see you later on the other side 💜

Rotten news on the margins, Bythesea, but it sounds like they're on to it, which is great. I haven't been offered the animal hammock option -- maybe they don't do it here. And as for expanders, my surgeon said he doesn't have expanders small enough for my chest !!!! So I'm getting silicon chicken fillets under my own muscle. Apparently I'll then be able to move my boobs like raising my eyebrows! But more to the point, it was the shortest, simplest way to go and leaves my options open for tissue reconstruction later if I hate the silicon. Or, for that matter, going flat, which is a definite option seeing as I'm already so small. I found the pressure to make decisions, fast, quite hard, but was reassured by BCN that it's not final, I can adjust later, with minor surgery. Not that I want further surgery, but I felt better when about decision making process when I separated out the mx get-the-cancer-out operation and the reconstruction pathway. Love and hugs and hope it all goes well.
HF
xx

Ooh thanks, Leslie, for the info about water retention. I've been consciously drinking as much water as I can. Maybe it's that (rather than bakery items for morning tea) that is sitting so resolutely around my hips! HF x

Oh Bythesea, so sorry you didn’t get clear margins, but at least you’re back in soon.
Sorry can’t give any advice about the options, but as Carole says, you’ll go with the right option for you!

Sending love and hugs to you both ahead of your big week!

Xx

Hi bythesea

So sorry you didn't get clear margins again will be thinking of you and sending🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗😘😘😘😘

Lesley good news on your scan 😊😊

I'm still getting problems with water retention my last chemo will have been 8 weeks when I see my oncologist next so hopefully will have sorted itself by then but no movement on the weght front 😢😢😢

My surgeon prefers the animal version as opposed to the synthetic one, she finds it easier to use, sorry can't remember her explanation, but unless anyone has ethical reasons she goes for the animal version. She always uses a tissue matrix if she can as it give a more natural look. I have gone for a straight forward implant as after measuring me up she believes that should we say an 'off the shelf' version size wise should be a good match, however if she decides that the match is not a good as she would like she will swap to an expander. She is being flexible because she wants to get the best final results possible. And seeing photos of her work I was amazed at what she can do. I am hoping that I look as good as the photos she showed me.

Thank you Carole x. I think the animal hammock is little used here??? Did you pick it???

Hi Bythesea
Sorry to hear that the margins weren't clear again looks like we'll be doing this together next week, unless there's anything a miss with my pre-op I'm in Monday and I'm going for an implant with the animal hammock as first choice but this may be an expander if my surgeon thinks that that is a better option once she's started.
Not sure if that's any help
Sure you'll make the right choice for you 💕💕💕

Oooo little gremlins been at work!!!
Well done on ct results Lesley. I also passed mine yay but failed the clear margins test, again! Booo and the only place I'm retaining water is in my surgery boobie. It's like a water balloon!!!
Got a tin of spam in my fridge, not sure I'll be eating it anytime soon. Boke!!!
Sooooo I'm booked in again on Wednesday but this time for mx. Problem is ive got choice of two approaches. Use Muscle as hammock to hold it in with an expander or use a bit of animal as hammock and just stick in implant???? Any advice welcomed with open arms. Got a DVD to watch tonight!!!
Off for bone scan tomorrow so will be glowing in the dark ☢️.
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻🎉🎉🎉celebrations Lesley 🥂🥂🍾🍾wonderful news for you 😘😘😘💕💕✨✨ thanks helena for sorting the thread for the 💪💪💪Nov ladies 😘😘💕💕✨✨✨shi xx

My thoughts exactly AK!!  Purely medicinal!! 🙃

xx

Day made with that news, Lesley. I am delighted. Enjoy those bubbles - alcohol is a diuretic you know . . . .two birds and all that. . .

Great news about the scan Lesley.

Will give it six weeks before I panic too much about water retention 😃

Enjoy those bubbles 🍸🍸 xx

Just had a call from my BCN - scan on Tuesday all clear, the small lesion on the liver has not changed, so as suspected, it is something I have always had! So, so relieved!

I asked her whilst I had her on the phone about the water retention ..... she said it is to be expected post steroids and with the increased dose on T, it makes it worse.  Apparently my onc doesnt like to use diruetics but prefers to let nature takes it course.  But she said she should get better by 6 weeks post chemo.  I am seeing the onc in 2 weeks time and will be 5.5 weeks by then - so will raise it with her then.

Taking the parents out for a meal tonight - a glass of bubbles might be necessary!! 

xx

And that kind of response is why I missed being able to post here yesterday and this morning! You do make me laugh Ms Lesley62

You've been looking at my legs again, haven't you??

Desperately need some sunshine to hide stretch marks, cellulite, swollen ankles, swollen everything else!! 

☀️😎🏖🍹

Thank you so much everyone! I am sorry to have appeared as spam. I promise to avoid all similarities to tinned meat in future! xx

thanks all for sorting!

Welcome back AK! 💕

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi all,

Thank you Shi for alerting us to this issue Smiley Happy Having looked into this, it seems a few messages from last night (AK's included) went into our spam box, which we have now rectified. I think perhaps because there were multiple attempts to post the same message to the forum, our spam bot thought this was suspicious and marked it as spam - too clever for its own good sometimes! Rest assured, this rarely happens and on a daily basis we make sure to double check that any messages marked as spam are indeed junk. 

All the best and please do let us know of any further issues,

Helena at Breast Cancer Care

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

It was ladybowler and Ann who advised me girls, I’m so much to learn so thanks to ladybowler and Ann ❤️❤️😁😁👍👍💕💕✨✨shi xx

thanks Shi - I knew if anyone could sort it, it would be you!! 

xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Lesley and ladies, I’ve asked the moderator to look into it for you all. Ladybowler and Ann, thanks or your help with this too 💕💕✨✨shi xx

Hi Shi

missing from Nov Thread, JC cant see them and AK has said that she cant see the posts that she has put on 

thanks for looking into Shi

xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Lesley are they missing from your pm box or the Nov thread? And if it’s the Nov thread have others been able to see them but not you? Please let me know 😘😘💕💕✨✨shi xx

This is AKs message from last night - she sent it to me and asked me to post it!

FROM AK

Hello everyone,

Harryfiddler, it is good to see you here, but I am really sorry you've been having a low time. The end of chemo is such a strange thing - so anticipated and yearned for, but then we have the side effects and space for all th other stressors and worries to flood in. It sounds like you are being a fab mum too on top of everything else which would be draining and worrying under any cicrumstances. It is really okay not to be okay. We've all had huge changes and upheavals in our lives and with that comes a lot of complex emotions, even a kind of grief for what we've lost. Everyone I know who has travelled this path tells me that there are good and easier times ahead but the trajectory is not a simple and straightforward upward one, unfortunately. We will all struggle at times and it is because we all know about that struggle that we 'get' each other. This is the one place where being 'fine' is optional - one day at a time and go gently. 

Lesley, I hope ther results of the CT were reassuring. You poor thing having yet more tests. I remember the BCN telling me right at the beginning when I was having scans of all kinds that when they go looking, they do sometimes find innocuous things and not to worry too much if they picked up something that might be anomalous. In medicine, we call them 'normal variants' and there are tonnes of them - so many that I used to wonder as a student if they still counted as 'variants'!

Oh, the weight battle. It has been a fight for me all my life and I can only say that I have learned that slow and steady boringly does work. I know it is annoying, but keeping on with it will yield results eventually but, if you're like me, you'll be frustrated beyond words at the time it takes. I am sure as we get more active and the weather improves, it will get a bit easier. Well, kind of 'sure' . . . xx 

This is AKs post - she can see the board but not get her posts on there - so she has sent it to me and I said I would post it

FROM AK

Hello everyone,

Harryfiddler, it is good to see you here, but I am really sorry you've been having a low time. The end of chemo is such a strange thing - so anticipated and yearned for, but then we have the side effects and space for all th other stressors and worries to flood in. It sounds like you are being a fab mum too on top of everything else which would be draining and worrying under any cicrumstances. It is really okay not to be okay. We've all had huge changes and upheavals in our lives and with that comes a lot of complex emotions, even a kind of grief for what we've lost. Everyone I know who has travelled this path tells me that there are good and easier times ahead but the trajectory is not a simple and straightforward upward one, unfortunately. We will all struggle at times and it is because we all know about that struggle that we 'get' each other. This is the one place where being 'fine' is optional - one day at a time and go gently. 

Lesley, I hope ther results of the CT were reassuring. You poor thing having yet more tests. I remember the BCN telling me right at the beginning when I was having scans of all kinds that when they go looking, they do sometimes find innocuous things and not to worry too much if they picked up something that might be anomalous. In medicine, we call them 'normal variants' and there are tonnes of them - so many that I used to wonder as a student if they still counted as 'variants'!

Oh, the weight battle. It has been a fight for me all my life and I can only say that I have learned that slow and steady boringly does work. I know it is annoying, but keeping on with it will yield results eventually but, if you're like me, you'll be frustrated beyond words at the time it takes. I am sure as we get more active and the weather improves, it will get a bit easier. Well, kind of 'sure' . . . xx   

AK

Something funny going on here - posts from Anadan last night and AnnaKarenina again this morning not showing, even though I've had emails thru to say they are there ...... I've contacted Shi to see if she knows someone who can look into it!!

xx

Hello everyone,

Hello, phantom poster here. I tried to post several times and appeared to have succeeded but then it vanished. Below is what I was tryiing to say!

Hello everyone,

Ooh, thanks Shi. Good tip on the front button pjs. I still remember getting a new nightie to go into hospital for my tonsils when I was ?8. Might treat myself this time as well! Daughter's gone from 'I want to leave school' on Tuesday to making cupcakes and arranging parties today. Such a rollercoaster! 

Lesley I had email saying AK had posted and then told page had moved, but there seems to be nothing from her.
Have had a better day, saw my gp who explained the whole letrozole and zoledronic acid to me, what I can expect - menopausal symptoms for 5 years. We had sun cream discussion, factor 50 and it's important to protect my scalp, even in this country with sun cream and a hat. She also prescribed me vitamin D with calcium to take daily.
AK thank you for your comments, I was going to contact my BCN but my gp was so helpful and reassuring, she put my mind at rest.
Anadan, hope you're good today, resting and taking it easy.
HF it seems the last one can take it out of us a bit but you need to give yourself time, remember we were on 3 week cycles and the chemo is accumulative. Hope you're feeling brighter soon, enjoy your visit with your mum

Xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi harryfiddler 😘😘good to hear from you, sorry you’ve been a bit 🙁and your daughter had 🙁too, it’s strange finishing chemo you expect unicorns flying through the air and having by a Maria Von trap moment spinning in the hills don’t you🤣😂🤣😂🤣lovely that your mums coming over and good luck with the surgery, have you got your front button pj’s ready, sliders for feet etc ready 😘😘please keep us posted and let us know you are 👌😘😘💕💕✨✨shi xx

I got an email saying that AK had posted but I can’t see it??
Am I missing something?

So Otter, not so much sugar tits as chilli tits!   Sorry - terrible inappropriate! 

You will have to give me all your hints and tips on ☢️, are you still ok wearing what you did?  

Carole - OH is getting fed up of me moaning about my weight ..... I'm being so so good with food and the scales just aren't shifting!  I will be having a melt down if it doesn't start soon.   My son is getting cross with me too - he's accusing me of trying to rush things..... but I don't think they realise how important it is to feel normal again ..... or as normal as someone like me can 🤣

xx

Hi Lesley
Lovely and sunny here too!
I too am fed up with the weight gain that refuses to shift. Had a mini melt down about it the other day. I am trying to be good but it's one step forward and two back. Let me know how the tablets go, I may give them a try too.
I also wish my legs weren't still so achy. I feel that this last treatment is hanging around far too long.
Okay no more moaning for today
xx

Hi Lesley

Sunny here to xx I have excess water as well as weight as ankles and knees keep getting puffy so also would like to try something but didn't know what but don't want to take sliming pills 😜

Day ,5 of rads going ok most appointments are around 10 but tomorrow not till 7 pm 😱today I had a trainee so took a bit longer to get in the right position but they have to learn so don't mine mine  a 🐹🐹😊😊 

Boob is a little🔥🔥 not too bad 

😎😎😎