cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

November 2017 Chemo Starters

Re: November 2017 Chemo Starters

Morning all,

Finally, I feel better πŸ˜€ so off for a walk with the dogs Smiley Happy 

JC, BMX for me after chemo; I have an appointment with a psychologist in two weeks to check I’m menatally fit for this surgery 😱 I’m not sure what to expect from this meeting, what questions they want to ask ...

Oh, ladies, I will still have one chemo left when you’ve finished your rads 😱😱😱😱 so frustrating!!! 

How are you feeling on rads? What are the SE? 

Lesley, I hope you have a great weekend with your parents xxx

Lesley good luck with your mum & dad being with you - I think the drugs are probably still in our system as I'm still feeling sluggish. I'm planning on doing more walking πŸ‘£ - especially as It's sunny here at the moment.

Happy Friday  πŸ€—πŸ’•β˜„

I'm just starting mine as you finish Otter - 20 for me starting on the 3rd April!

I know that I have had a few naughty days this week with food, but the rest of the week I've been super good, but I seem to have put back on almost everything I have lost so far ..... I am very frustrated!

I'm wondering if the drugs could still be in my system??

Mum and Dad arrive over the weekend for a week, so they will be trying to feed me up - despite me telling them at every opportunity I need to watch what I eat!

I know it's a really shallow and superficial thing to worry about - but my BMI isn't good and I feel awful being this heavy!  

I think I need a Rocky soundtrack in my head for the next few weeks! 

xx

15 should finish 6th April

Evening all

Just catching up after a hectic week. Lesley & fmb it was great meeting up with you on Monday & I can't wait for the next one!!
AK hope you were successful today & rang that bell!!
Anadan good luck for Tuesday's 🍸 - what's your treatment plan once you're done on this 🎒?
Sorry to hear about your feet Lesley, are you able to rest up now for a few days?
I'm sorry we couldn't get to FaceTime you Bythesea, but we guessed you were caught up with the hospital, just not a different one!! Glad you're home again - recovery is always better at home
Carole & Otter I had problems knocking the fatigue off & am still suffering a bit with heavy legs. I am managing short walks & then legs up!!
Otter, we'll done on getting your first rads done, how many are you having?

Wishing you all a fab Friday xx

πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ’•β˜„πŸ’•β˜„
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Zap bap a loo la a zap bam boo 😎😎πŸ₯“πŸ₯“fine ladies, when you finish club Tropicana πŸ–πŸ–awaits which spiderwoman in Feb rads thread with me set up for us all to use for after a treatment free bit where we can πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ₯‚πŸΈπŸ·πŸ₯‚πŸ₯‚πŸΈπŸΉπŸΉπŸ–πŸ–πŸ–πŸ–chill whatever, so something for you all to look forward to πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Hi ladies

First πŸŒžπŸ› session done was early and seen early but they have changed all !y appointment so from all being at 10 so easy to remember they are all different times 1 in the evening 😒

I will also be on different machines so will just say I'm in the Caribbean 😎😎😎😎☒☒☒☒☒

Bythesea glad you are home rest up and fingers crossed the ******** has finally gone

Xxx

I did joke with them Carole ..... but they weren't playing ball!

It is quite an odd feeling having someone draw on your boobs!  But I'm not going to knock the attention 🀣

Glad everyone is coming out of the chemo fog - AK and Anadan will be there before we know it!

Bythesea - rest up - the anaesthetic will have taken it out of you 

xx

Morning ladies

Good luck today Otter and I hope those aches and pains start to go soon. I can't believe I'm still dragging around heavy legs

Hope the tattooing goes well Lesley, I dare you to ask for something more creative than a dot πŸ˜ƒ

Bythesea good to hear your home and let's hope all our dancing and finger crossing has done the trick.

And Annakarenina nearly there πŸ€—

Now thinking about that walk before the rain clouds come back 🌦🌦🌦

Xxx

Morning ladies,
Many many thanks for the dancing and wishes, hopefully that's the bugger right outta me! So long mother f@!!er!!!!!!!!!!!!
Annakarenina got the space blanket ready for you xxx
Lesley good luck with the tattoo, we are soo modern! Rebellious Warriors ❀️
Otter hope they don't have you waiting long and your first sunbed goes well. What's your machine called????
I got home last night so lazy day for me listening to the wind and maybe picking winning Cheltenham ponies πŸŽπŸ‡πŸŽπŸ‡πŸ‡
Highlighted

Hi Lesley

Yes first rads for me today just hope they don't keep me waiting around to long as my legs are very stiff and painful at the minute and sitting still for too long doesn't help

Hope your planning goes ok it was my first tattoo always said I would never have one πŸ˜‰ but they just Lok like a little black dot 1 either side of your chest and 1 in your cleavage so no one can see them

Lovely and wet here again so will be a wet walk to hospital

Hope everyone is doing ok 

πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜β˜’β˜’β˜’β˜’πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜Ž

Morning all

hope Bythesea got on ok with surgery - if you are out of the fugg - lets us know you are ok

AnnaKarenina - last one for you!!  Remember when you didn't think you would ever get to the end??  

Anadan - the last two seem like a massive mountain to climb, but you are well on your way to planting a flag at the summit!!

Two days stood around at an exhibition, I have discovered, plays havoc with docetaxel feet.  I have lost another complete layer of skin and I think another one will be going shortly. The nerves are still obviously very sensitive and I'm in discomfort this morning .... but there's worse things happen at sea, as my nana used to say!

I'm off for my rads work up today - my first tattoo!

Otter do you start rads today?

Hope everyone else is getting over the side effects and returning to the human race and preparing themselves for whatever is next on this 🎒 journey! 

Happy Thursday peeps!   🌞

xx

Hi Carole

I've been the same also keep getting swollen ankles and knees which doesn't help with the getting about and legs are painful

Lovely photos ladies so sorry I couldn't make it, but will hopefully make the next one.

Still suffering from this last docetaxel a bit, legs are so tired and heavy. Having to drag myself along for my daily walk, feeling like a poor little old lady. Hopefully it will pass soon 😊

Xxxx

Good luck bythesea have everything crossed 

πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€

Bythesea doing a good luck dance now with fingers and toes crossed too. πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ€πŸ€πŸ’•πŸ’•

Hang in their AK! It's the final sprint for the line. I confess I've felt a bit worse since the final chemo, but I think it's that thing where you hold it all together for so long then collapse. Just went to a seminar thing on 'beyond treatment' and shared lots of stories about how the end of treatment brings up all sorts of mixed feelings. Hope everyone gets some sun and some rest. I'm off to interview Alina Ibramigova (Brit/Russian fiddle player) so desperately trying to stop my eyes watering everywhere. I think sunglasses may be my best bet. Harryfiddler xx

What a gorgeous photo! Raising a glass to all you beautiful ladies!

Hi Jencat, Lesley

I had a meeting with the genetic oncologist too, and will have the blood test eventually, mostly because I have two daughters. I came out realising how little I knew about my family! I thought that both sides of our family were relatively cancer free -- mostly heart attacks and strokes as cause of death. Subsequent phone calls revealed that one of my aunts died in her 50s from breast cancer (I knew she died but I was 6 or 7 -- never knew why) and that one of my cousins also suffered breast cancer. It put my father's reaction to my diagnosis into perspective. 

Hope yours goes well.

Harryfiddler

xx

Thanks for the heads up about other relatives Lesley, I'm not sure how much more info I'll be able to remember or even know x

hi Jencat - yes I sent mine in prior to the appt as well, but they went thru that again and pushed further - trying to remember how many children my cousins children in australia had (the one's I have never met and don't hear from !) was a bit of a challenge!
x

Bythesea - doing dances and sticking pins into a wax effigy of unclear margins!! Knock it into the ball park girl! You'll be tucked up in your own bed before you know it.
take care and sweet dreams! xx

Evening ladies. Kicking myself that I missed FaceTime. I had a hospital boo boo on Monday. I basically turned up at wrong hospital!!! It was a rescheduled app and they switched hospitals. I never noticed and neither did they. Doh! Got seen anyway but had to wait longer. Daddy took me to appoint then dragged me shopping so by the time I got home it was nearly 5pm, I thought about face timing but thought idve missed you. Mighta known you would still be chatting/drinking x
Well that's me booked back in same ward as a fortnight ago!
Everyone please cross your fingers and do good luck dances for me, for clear margins PLEASE xxx.
Hopefully should get out tomorrow. Loved the pictures of you all. Soo nice to see what you look like 😊 Warriors xxx

Thanks very much Lesley for the info. Glad they do the blood test there, wondered if it might be another hospital visit! I had to fill in a form about parents etc and send it to them before tomorrow's visit, so already had to have a bit of a think about relatives xx

hi Jencat

saw the consultant - was there about 30 mins (I think), blood test was done there and then.

He asked about relatives - parents siblings and their children and their children - which was a bit of a challenge - probably worth having a think about them in advance - boys vs girl numbers and any occurence of cancer anywhere

I found it quite casual and informal - was made to feel very at ease and he was generally very helpful about other none generic cancer questions I had.

FMB- had a great catch up with my son - it was soooooo lovely!

Absolutely cream crackered now after a day at the ExCel - back again tomorrow 😫 ....... I'll sleep tonight!

xx

Hi Lesley, I noticed that you're TN and went to Guy's for genetic testing. I've got an apointment there tomorrow, and hope you don't mind me asking, but just wondered how long you were there for and what the meeting involved. Did you have a blood test whilst you were there? Thanks  xx

Ladies, so nice to see you happy and smiling xx big hugs from me xxx 

AnnaKarenina, I have a good week this weekbefore the next 🍸on Tuesday and I’m trying to catch up with things.  I’m 6 down, 2 still left and this ratio 6:2 keeps me going. 

Have a good evening xx

Hello everyone, what wonderful photos. I thought of you all, including Bythesea on FaceTime, yesterday and I am delighted there will be a summer opportunity. I would love to join you and say thank you in person for all the friendship, support, humour and listening.

Today was my pre-chemo assessment and I am delighted to say that I am all set for the final and 8th round on Thursday morning despite some borderline bloods. I am right on the edge with my neutropils, but they're happy for me to go ahead as it is the last go and they think I should recover a bit between now and Thursday. Phew. Haemoglobin is also a bit rubbish, so spinach for supper for me. I am wrung out now, but just thrilled to be able to keep to schedule, especially with surgery booked in for 16 April.

How is everyone doing? Bythesea, do you have a clearer idea of next steps now? And Anadan, how are you managing? Harryfiddler, we had some sun (now gone) but I suspect you'd laugh if you saw passes for 'sun' in March in SW London. JC, Carole, Otter, FM and Lesley - hope you're well too? xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Nov girls, Rosie h had posted a beautiful post on jan thread, please read if you get chance πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Had such a lovely afternoon meeting you both 🍾🍾
Count me in for a summer meeting, I'll bring my washboard abs 🀣🀣

Lesley, hope you had a lovely night with your son.

Lovely picture Lesley, looks like you had a great time together Smiley Happy x

Thanks Lesley  - it was a fab afternoon πŸ₯‚

Bythesea how did you get on today πŸ€—

Xx

Here you go ladies - raising a glass ..... or two πŸ˜‡ to all the beautiful November heros

We sat down at 1pm and before we knew it it was nearly 5pm .... another met up in the summer I think and hopefully we can get a few more along who have finished treatment

Couldn't have got this far without you all

xx

fullsizeoutput_109e.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_10a0.jpeg

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hope you’ve had a lovely get together in Covent Garden, sorry I couldn’t make it this time πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Hope you've all had a lovely day. I've been thoroughly spoilt by my girls & OH πŸ’–

Lesley & fmb looking forward to meeting up with you tomorrow & having face time with you Bythesea. Good luck to you for tomorrow , we'll be thinking of you πŸ€—

Carole sorry you won't be joining us tomorrow and to hear your sad news. Good luck to you and your family for the next few weeks πŸ€—

Wishing you all a good week xxx

πŸ€—πŸ˜—πŸ€—πŸ˜— β˜„πŸ’•β˜„πŸ’•β˜„

Lunch booked for 1pm - you've got my number so give me a Facetime when it suits!!

I'm sure we will all be happy to hold your hand .... regardless of the appt 🀣  but could put your consultant off a bit!!

xx

Carole, so sorry to hear πŸ˜”x. Sending you and your family much love ❀️ xxx
FMB Hope your dinner worked out well and you were spoiled x
What time is your meet up tomorrow so I can FaceTime? Got hospital appointment tomorrow for my other problem and would hate to be on a bed with legs akimbo when you call 😬
I'll be up for another meet up unless tomorrow's is wild and you all get arrested 😊
Have fun xxx

Oh Carole - I am so sorry to hear your sad news - awful time for you and your family - love and hugs to you all

We'll definitely have to have another one 

xx

Happy belated Mothers Day ladies!

I hope you have all been spoilt rotten today. I am now finally relaxing 🍸 waiting for my Sunday roast.

I am afraid that I will not be able to make tomorrow's lunch date, I myself am now fine, but I am very sad to say that I lost my father-in-law on Friday evening to secondary prostate cancer and I am spending tomorrow with my OH helping out. I hope you all have a fun time and hopefully I will make the next get together.

Carole xx

Fab - FMB - I'm looking forward to meeting up in person too!

Otter are you still ok tomorrow?

Carole - how are you feeling?  would be lovely to see you if you feel able, but understand if the T is still getting the better of you!!  Pesky stuff!

FMB, I'd get them to do the washing up at least .... and they do say it's the thought that counts! 

xx

Hi Lesley- just to confirm I'm still coming tmr, c u and the other lovely ladies tmr, looking forward to meeting some of the members of this fab group.

Happy Mothers day to the Mums in this group, reading the comments it sounds like our kids have been amazing thru our journeys.
My hubby announced that today our 14 year old is going to cook a roast dinner to celebrate mothers day...so far I've put the roast in the oven and hubby, son and dog have gone to play football so dinner will be interesting 🀣🀣

Dear Bythesea
Sorry to hear you are back in again, but like Otter shared, good that you are in again so soon. I didnt have clear margins after my first lumpectomy and had to wait 3 weeks to have another one.
Big hugs to you for wed xx

Anadan, so sorry to hear you are having a bad time on the Docetaxel - it is evil stuff.

Lots of great advice from JC, and I would echo the request to reduce the dose for the next two.

I didn't have the fatigue, but had awful problems with the feeling in my feet and the dose was reduced by 25% for the last two - it made a big difference.

We will raise a glass to you and everyone else tomorrow!!

Happy Mother's Day everyone - I'm seeing my mum next week - first time since October, and my son tomorrow..... going out with two other home alone mums later on!  Not necessarily the best way to kick off week 2 of my diet! 😫

love to you all 

xx

Hi Anadan  - I really feel for you as I found the docetaxol really knocked me for 6. I had it on a Friday  and was ok until Sunday afternoon  and then wham the fatigue would hit me for up to 10 days or so. My tastebuds would go and I didn't have any energy, just felt bleurgh and struggled with food and drink.

I was advised to eat little and often,  graze throughout the day.  I sometimes drank Lucozade , various squashes (as I went off water and still can't drink it), fizzy water. I found toast hurt my mouth so I had croissants,  crumpets , soup , peanut butter, banana, egg mayo, jam, honey on bread. My OH used to tempt with any (shop bought) fish dinners as I went off meat. Oh & chocolate helped 🍫

It was a struggle sometimes but it does pass - I found I didn't have the energy to write on here and would disappear for a week or so. You will get through this - how many do you have left on thus 🎒? I had a 20% reduction on my last 2 cycles as I was so knocked out.  Can you ask for a reduction as it does make a difference.

Don't forget we're here for you to help pick you up when you're down. Take care and good luck with everything , rest when you need to, take your time and be kind to yourself,  you're nearly there    xxx

πŸ€—πŸ˜—πŸ€—πŸ˜—πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Abadan 😘😘😘the Nov girls have got the 🎒operator by the πŸ€πŸ€till your car gets in lovely and they’ve sent for back up from us Oct ladies and we are on our way, meesh with her πŸ”«πŸ”«πŸ”«cassie with her 🏹🏹Karana with her πŸ₯ŠπŸ₯ŠπŸ₯ŠI’ve got my πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘and our buddy fan will tie the operator to the back of your 🎒 keep πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺyou can do this and we are all here for you. I’ll get you some gold hot pants sent out too, so we’ve got some extra grip on you πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Hello lovely ladies, I do apologise I do not keep up with you. I don't feel well and I don't want to pour all my negativity in here Smiley Sad
I just feel so fed up and tired, I had my 2nd docetaxel two weeks ago, it is killing me and I have two more treatments Smiley Sad why does it take so long πŸ˜₯ do you remember back in November, I was the first in line for chemo... Then it was delayed, and now I'm still on chemo... I just don't have any more supplies of energy.
I'm very happy for all of you who have finished chemo πŸ’– and you're so brave going through surgery. I admire you all, lovely ladies, I don't know What I would do without you πŸ’žπŸ’žπŸ’ž
Have a fantastic Monday together xxxx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Annakarenina 😘😘 the jab for snb is really just a little prick and once you’ve run through further questions with anesthetiser they are so lovely and kind and reassuring as they take you through you will feel safe in their hands, they ask you to lay on table and put your arm out on a side bit on the bed and they are putting canula in while all this is going on your mind won’t concentrate on it and I was told to count to 10, think I might have made 2, next thing I knew I was being wheeled to recovery room, I came straight round from it. Honestly, compared to chemo it’s a walk in the park β€οΈβ€οΈπŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

hi AK - yes all emerged from the chemo doom and back to fighting form.  This week has been mad! to be honest.

As for your SNB - which injection are you worrying about - silly question really.

I had a SNB - work up the day before in radiology, I know I had an injection but I didn't feel any pain to speak of. It did sting a bit but nothing extraordinary.

I think there is a far amount of scaremongering on some of the forums - you only ever hear the extreme stories.

We will give you a wave back in City Hall on Monday and I will get some photos - if everyone agrees Smiley Happy 

xx

Hello everyone,

Bythesea, I am so sorry to read your update. Everything is intensified in this pesky process and any setback just feels as if the world is against you. There is nothing wrong with feeling the feels: ranting at the injustice of it all, doing your best 'ugly crying', distracting yourself with silliness and expressing the fears. As others have said, although it's wretched and unfair, this is far from unusual and your clinical team will have a panoply of strategies up their scrubs! I think uncertainty and disappointment are the two emotions I have found hardest to manage, so be kind to yourself - there is no right way to respond and whatever happens, your team is right here for you.

I confess to being a bit teary reading about all these brilliant off-spring and how they're thriving even though they've been thrown a curveball with our diagnoses. I was so scared and upset about telling my (young adult) kids and they have been amazing. Immensely resilient, caring and adaptable, even when the chemo monster has been in the house. It gives me huge hope for the future that we all have such talented and compassionate off-spring. 

Lesley, how are you doing now? Have you emerged from the final round of side effects? I do hope so. I wish I could join the gang on Monday, but I will be across the river speaking at City Hall, so I'll wave in the general direction of Covent Garden. We want to hear ALL about it and see photos please. Deal?

JC and Carole, I can confirm that Paclitaxel is also a bugger for the fatigue thing. It is definitely cumulative too. Each cycle is taking a bit longer to pass in terms of side-effects, but I keep telling myself 'just once more' and this too will pass. In the meantime, sending you some energy and love.

Harryfiddler, I think you are the week before me in terms of your op. Have you decided which way to go yet? I am now, in true neurotic AK fashion, fretting about the lymph mapping/injection for SNB before the op. Yep, always focusing on the right things! As lots of you know, I am terrible about needles - bordering on phobic and get through chemo with industrial quantities of Emla cream. I have heard such mixed things about the injection and how much it hurts with some comparing it to childbirth . . .I asked my BCN about local and she said it wasn't needed. I think I may be slathering my soon-to-be-gone boob wih Emla like I am icing a cake nonetheless. I am petrified. And don't get me started on cannulas/IVs pre-anaesthetic. Maybe I will just wrap myself in Emla for a week or so beforehand. 

FMB, I hope you've been taking lots of baths and are feeling okay about your op (and Carole too). I bet you're both much braver than me!

Wishing everyone on this thread a happy weekend. xx

Bythesea

Sending hugs to you πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

At least they are having you back in quickly

😘😘😘😘