Re: November 2017 Chemo Starters

Morning all,

Finally, I feel better 😀 so off for a walk with the dogs Smiley Happy 

JC, BMX for me after chemo; I have an appointment with a psychologist in two weeks to check I’m menatally fit for this surgery 😱 I’m not sure what to expect from this meeting, what questions they want to ask ...

Oh, ladies, I will still have one chemo left when you’ve finished your rads 😱😱😱😱 so frustrating!!! 

How are you feeling on rads? What are the SE? 

Lesley, I hope you have a great weekend with your parents xxx

Lesley good luck with your mum & dad being with you - I think the drugs are probably still in our system as I'm still feeling sluggish. I'm planning on doing more walking 👣 - especially as It's sunny here at the moment.

Happy Friday  🤗💕☄

I'm just starting mine as you finish Otter - 20 for me starting on the 3rd April!

I know that I have had a few naughty days this week with food, but the rest of the week I've been super good, but I seem to have put back on almost everything I have lost so far ..... I am very frustrated!

I'm wondering if the drugs could still be in my system??

Mum and Dad arrive over the weekend for a week, so they will be trying to feed me up - despite me telling them at every opportunity I need to watch what I eat!

I know it's a really shallow and superficial thing to worry about - but my BMI isn't good and I feel awful being this heavy!  

I think I need a Rocky soundtrack in my head for the next few weeks! 

xx

15 should finish 6th April

Evening all

Just catching up after a hectic week. Lesley & fmb it was great meeting up with you on Monday & I can't wait for the next one!!
AK hope you were successful today & rang that bell!!
Anadan good luck for Tuesday's 🍸 - what's your treatment plan once you're done on this 🎢?
Sorry to hear about your feet Lesley, are you able to rest up now for a few days?
I'm sorry we couldn't get to FaceTime you Bythesea, but we guessed you were caught up with the hospital, just not a different one!! Glad you're home again - recovery is always better at home
Carole & Otter I had problems knocking the fatigue off & am still suffering a bit with heavy legs. I am managing short walks & then legs up!!
Otter, we'll done on getting your first rads done, how many are you having?

Wishing you all a fab Friday xx

🤗🤗🤗💕☄💕☄
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Zap bap a loo la a zap bam boo 😎😎🥓🥓fine ladies, when you finish club Tropicana 🏖🏖awaits which spiderwoman in Feb rads thread with me set up for us all to use for after a treatment free bit where we can 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻🥂🍸🍷🥂🥂🍸🍹🍹🏖🏖🏖🏖chill whatever, so something for you all to look forward to 😘😘💕💕✨✨shi xx

Hi ladies

First 🌞🛏 session done was early and seen early but they have changed all !y appointment so from all being at 10 so easy to remember they are all different times 1 in the evening 😢

I will also be on different machines so will just say I'm in the Caribbean 😎😎😎😎☢☢☢☢☢

Bythesea glad you are home rest up and fingers crossed the ******** has finally gone

Xxx

[ Edited ]

I did joke with them Carole ..... but they weren't playing ball!

It is quite an odd feeling having someone draw on your boobs!  But I'm not going to knock the attention 🤣

Glad everyone is coming out of the chemo fog - AK and Anadan will be there before we know it!

Bythesea - rest up - the anaesthetic will have taken it out of you 

xx

Morning ladies

Good luck today Otter and I hope those aches and pains start to go soon. I can't believe I'm still dragging around heavy legs

Hope the tattooing goes well Lesley, I dare you to ask for something more creative than a dot 😃

Bythesea good to hear your home and let's hope all our dancing and finger crossing has done the trick.

And Annakarenina nearly there 🤗

Now thinking about that walk before the rain clouds come back 🌦🌦🌦

Xxx

Morning ladies,
Many many thanks for the dancing and wishes, hopefully that's the bugger right outta me! So long mother f@!!er!!!!!!!!!!!!
Annakarenina got the space blanket ready for you xxx
Lesley good luck with the tattoo, we are soo modern! Rebellious Warriors ❤️
Otter hope they don't have you waiting long and your first sunbed goes well. What's your machine called????
I got home last night so lazy day for me listening to the wind and maybe picking winning Cheltenham ponies 🐎🏇🐎🏇🏇

Hi Lesley

Yes first rads for me today just hope they don't keep me waiting around to long as my legs are very stiff and painful at the minute and sitting still for too long doesn't help

Hope your planning goes ok it was my first tattoo always said I would never have one 😉 but they just Lok like a little black dot 1 either side of your chest and 1 in your cleavage so no one can see them

Lovely and wet here again so will be a wet walk to hospital

Hope everyone is doing ok 

🤗🤗🤗🤗😘😘😘😘☢☢☢☢😎😎😎😎

Morning all

hope Bythesea got on ok with surgery - if you are out of the fugg - lets us know you are ok

AnnaKarenina - last one for you!!  Remember when you didn't think you would ever get to the end??  

Anadan - the last two seem like a massive mountain to climb, but you are well on your way to planting a flag at the summit!!

Two days stood around at an exhibition, I have discovered, plays havoc with docetaxel feet.  I have lost another complete layer of skin and I think another one will be going shortly. The nerves are still obviously very sensitive and I'm in discomfort this morning .... but there's worse things happen at sea, as my nana used to say!

I'm off for my rads work up today - my first tattoo!

Otter do you start rads today?

Hope everyone else is getting over the side effects and returning to the human race and preparing themselves for whatever is next on this 🎢 journey! 

Happy Thursday peeps!   🌞

xx

Hi Carole

I've been the same also keep getting swollen ankles and knees which doesn't help with the getting about and legs are painful

Lovely photos ladies so sorry I couldn't make it, but will hopefully make the next one.

Still suffering from this last docetaxel a bit, legs are so tired and heavy. Having to drag myself along for my daily walk, feeling like a poor little old lady. Hopefully it will pass soon 😊

Xxxx

Good luck bythesea have everything crossed 

😘😘😘🤗🤗🤗🍀🍀🍀

Bythesea doing a good luck dance now with fingers and toes crossed too. 💕💕🍀🍀💕💕
Highlighted

Hang in their AK! It's the final sprint for the line. I confess I've felt a bit worse since the final chemo, but I think it's that thing where you hold it all together for so long then collapse. Just went to a seminar thing on 'beyond treatment' and shared lots of stories about how the end of treatment brings up all sorts of mixed feelings. Hope everyone gets some sun and some rest. I'm off to interview Alina Ibramigova (Brit/Russian fiddle player) so desperately trying to stop my eyes watering everywhere. I think sunglasses may be my best bet. Harryfiddler xx

What a gorgeous photo! Raising a glass to all you beautiful ladies!

Hi Jencat, Lesley

I had a meeting with the genetic oncologist too, and will have the blood test eventually, mostly because I have two daughters. I came out realising how little I knew about my family! I thought that both sides of our family were relatively cancer free -- mostly heart attacks and strokes as cause of death. Subsequent phone calls revealed that one of my aunts died in her 50s from breast cancer (I knew she died but I was 6 or 7 -- never knew why) and that one of my cousins also suffered breast cancer. It put my father's reaction to my diagnosis into perspective. 

Hope yours goes well.

Harryfiddler

xx

Thanks for the heads up about other relatives Lesley, I'm not sure how much more info I'll be able to remember or even know x