Re: November 2017 Chemo Starters

hi Jencat - yes I sent mine in prior to the appt as well, but they went thru that again and pushed further - trying to remember how many children my cousins children in australia had (the one's I have never met and don't hear from !) was a bit of a challenge!
x

Bythesea - doing dances and sticking pins into a wax effigy of unclear margins!! Knock it into the ball park girl! You'll be tucked up in your own bed before you know it.
take care and sweet dreams! xx

Evening ladies. Kicking myself that I missed FaceTime. I had a hospital boo boo on Monday. I basically turned up at wrong hospital!!! It was a rescheduled app and they switched hospitals. I never noticed and neither did they. Doh! Got seen anyway but had to wait longer. Daddy took me to appoint then dragged me shopping so by the time I got home it was nearly 5pm, I thought about face timing but thought idve missed you. Mighta known you would still be chatting/drinking x
Well that's me booked back in same ward as a fortnight ago!
Everyone please cross your fingers and do good luck dances for me, for clear margins PLEASE xxx.
Hopefully should get out tomorrow. Loved the pictures of you all. Soo nice to see what you look like 😊 Warriors xxx

Thanks very much Lesley for the info. Glad they do the blood test there, wondered if it might be another hospital visit! I had to fill in a form about parents etc and send it to them before tomorrow's visit, so already had to have a bit of a think about relatives xx

hi Jencat

saw the consultant - was there about 30 mins (I think), blood test was done there and then.

He asked about relatives - parents siblings and their children and their children - which was a bit of a challenge - probably worth having a think about them in advance - boys vs girl numbers and any occurence of cancer anywhere

I found it quite casual and informal - was made to feel very at ease and he was generally very helpful about other none generic cancer questions I had.

FMB- had a great catch up with my son - it was soooooo lovely!

Absolutely cream crackered now after a day at the ExCel - back again tomorrow 😫 ....... I'll sleep tonight!

xx

Highlighted

Hi Lesley, I noticed that you're TN and went to Guy's for genetic testing. I've got an apointment there tomorrow, and hope you don't mind me asking, but just wondered how long you were there for and what the meeting involved. Did you have a blood test whilst you were there? Thanks  xx

Ladies, so nice to see you happy and smiling xx big hugs from me xxx 

AnnaKarenina, I have a good week this weekbefore the next 🍸on Tuesday and I’m trying to catch up with things.  I’m 6 down, 2 still left and this ratio 6:2 keeps me going. 

Have a good evening xx

Hello everyone, what wonderful photos. I thought of you all, including Bythesea on FaceTime, yesterday and I am delighted there will be a summer opportunity. I would love to join you and say thank you in person for all the friendship, support, humour and listening.

Today was my pre-chemo assessment and I am delighted to say that I am all set for the final and 8th round on Thursday morning despite some borderline bloods. I am right on the edge with my neutropils, but they're happy for me to go ahead as it is the last go and they think I should recover a bit between now and Thursday. Phew. Haemoglobin is also a bit rubbish, so spinach for supper for me. I am wrung out now, but just thrilled to be able to keep to schedule, especially with surgery booked in for 16 April.

How is everyone doing? Bythesea, do you have a clearer idea of next steps now? And Anadan, how are you managing? Harryfiddler, we had some sun (now gone) but I suspect you'd laugh if you saw passes for 'sun' in March in SW London. JC, Carole, Otter, FM and Lesley - hope you're well too? xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Nov girls, Rosie h had posted a beautiful post on jan thread, please read if you get chance 💕💕✨✨shi xx

Had such a lovely afternoon meeting you both 🍾🍾
Count me in for a summer meeting, I'll bring my washboard abs 🤣🤣

Lesley, hope you had a lovely night with your son.

Lovely picture Lesley, looks like you had a great time together Smiley Happy x

Thanks Lesley  - it was a fab afternoon 🥂

Bythesea how did you get on today 🤗

Xx

Here you go ladies - raising a glass ..... or two 😇 to all the beautiful November heros

We sat down at 1pm and before we knew it it was nearly 5pm .... another met up in the summer I think and hopefully we can get a few more along who have finished treatment

Couldn't have got this far without you all

xx

fullsizeoutput_109e.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_10a0.jpeg

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hope you’ve had a lovely get together in Covent Garden, sorry I couldn’t make it this time 💕💕✨✨shi xx

Hope you've all had a lovely day. I've been thoroughly spoilt by my girls & OH 💖

Lesley & fmb looking forward to meeting up with you tomorrow & having face time with you Bythesea. Good luck to you for tomorrow , we'll be thinking of you 🤗

Carole sorry you won't be joining us tomorrow and to hear your sad news. Good luck to you and your family for the next few weeks 🤗

Wishing you all a good week xxx

🤗😗🤗😗 ☄💕☄💕☄

Lunch booked for 1pm - you've got my number so give me a Facetime when it suits!!

I'm sure we will all be happy to hold your hand .... regardless of the appt 🤣  but could put your consultant off a bit!!

xx

Carole, so sorry to hear 😔x. Sending you and your family much love ❤️ xxx
FMB Hope your dinner worked out well and you were spoiled x
What time is your meet up tomorrow so I can FaceTime? Got hospital appointment tomorrow for my other problem and would hate to be on a bed with legs akimbo when you call 😬
I'll be up for another meet up unless tomorrow's is wild and you all get arrested 😊
Have fun xxx

Oh Carole - I am so sorry to hear your sad news - awful time for you and your family - love and hugs to you all

We'll definitely have to have another one 

xx

Happy belated Mothers Day ladies!

I hope you have all been spoilt rotten today. I am now finally relaxing 🍸 waiting for my Sunday roast.

I am afraid that I will not be able to make tomorrow's lunch date, I myself am now fine, but I am very sad to say that I lost my father-in-law on Friday evening to secondary prostate cancer and I am spending tomorrow with my OH helping out. I hope you all have a fun time and hopefully I will make the next get together.

Carole xx

Fab - FMB - I'm looking forward to meeting up in person too!

Otter are you still ok tomorrow?

Carole - how are you feeling?  would be lovely to see you if you feel able, but understand if the T is still getting the better of you!!  Pesky stuff!

FMB, I'd get them to do the washing up at least .... and they do say it's the thought that counts! 

xx