25-02-2018 10:39 PM
Good luck for tomorrow 🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀
I have white marks and also ridges on all my nails plus thumb's have received flecks which I presume is bleeding under the nail but condition wise they are stronger than pre chemo as they had been splitting for over a year 😱😱😱😱
Keep warm everyone with the big freeze upon us❄❄❄❄❄❄⛄⛄⛄⛄
25-02-2018 09:40 PM
25-02-2018 07:53 PM
25-02-2018 06:27 PM
25-02-2018 06:25 PM
25-02-2018 06:06 PM
25-02-2018 05:58 PM
25-02-2018 03:41 PM
I know Bythesea - I am counting the hours now! 20 hrs and I will be walking out of there..... done!! What could possibly go wrong!!
My son is really bad today, so definitely the right choice to cancel our meet up!
So I headed to the wildlife reserve instead, to see the other cheeky monkeys! The monkeys and big cats were all inside and having none of this cold weather - but I still had fun!
Are they going to be checking your bloods again? I didn't have any blood checks prior to my surgery but that was before chemo.
They just checked temperature and pregnancy test - despite the hysterectomy!
As long as it's just a sniffle and not full blown flu I think you should be ok. But you need to give yourself the best chance. It's a big op you are having.
I bet you are counting down the days and getting all those last minute jobs done ......... how's the home makeover going??
25-02-2018 03:29 PM
24-02-2018 05:30 PM
24-02-2018 04:29 PM
Shi has asked me to post this photo for her.
Its a tattoo that a friend of Emma Hannigan the author who wrote "All to live for" has had done to honour Emma.
Shi is tempted to get the same .... I think she should as a Community Champion!!
24-02-2018 11:51 AM
Oh no Bythesea, you need to get rid of that!
I woke up in the night and thought my throat felt a bit sore, but seems ok now.
wrap up warm everyone!
I'm counting down the hours to chemo 6 and ringing the virtual bell!!
24-02-2018 08:32 AM
23-02-2018 04:51 PM
Oh Bythesea - you would have thought they would consider your bloods when they scheduled everything.
Spinach or any greens
Liver - I've eaten quite a bit of lambs liver ... not everyones taste!
Eggs are really good - but carefully you dont bung yourself up
most nuts and seeds
multivitamin tablets with iron??
23-02-2018 04:13 PM
23-02-2018 02:58 PM
I've just come back from a blowy walk, I look like coco the clown with big red cheeks now!!
I've cancelled going to see him. I've got the rest of my life to let him buy me lunch!! As we all have .....
If I came down with something awful then he would feel wretched and so would I.
As fmb said, no real choice!
Sending you hugs - now go out there and get some fresh air!! And if you pass a cafe - a hot chocolate with lashings of whipped cream or marshmallows with a cookie is compulsory 💕
23-02-2018 02:53 PM
Lesley, I think I love you. Thank you. That is so wise and timely. Just what I needed. I have spent too long sitting tearfully in splendid isolation in my study. I need to go for a freezing walk and blow the emotional cobwebs away.
What did you decide about seeing your cold-ridden son? x
23-02-2018 02:48 PM
AnnaKarenina - I know what you mean, once you hear/read something like that, you can't unhear/unread it.
I also had lymph node involvement, but limited it has to be said. 2 out of 11. But for me thats what I see the chemo for - to pick up any rogue cells. And the rads are for any rogues left in situ.
If you asked your consultant they wouldn't be giving you any sort of stats, so although it is really easy to say, I would take it all with a pinch of salt. It's just scare mongering.
After all, there are lies, damn lies and statistics!! It is so, so true.
A friend of mine who went thru this 5 years ago, when I first told her about my diagnosis, said, the one bit of advice I can definitely give you is dont read the threads on diagnosis or outcomes - its all 💩 . She went o n to give me lots more great advice but this one still resonates!
23-02-2018 02:41 PM
Hello everyone, thanks for the encouragement as I approach the finishing line.
I think I may have made an error today in my slightly fragile state. I read a post on the MacMillan Cancer Forum (I dip in and out but quite often find it a bit upsetting because of the unsifted nature of how threads appear) in which the author said she had been told by her oncologist because she had lymph node involvement there was only a 20% chance that cancer WOULDN'T recur i.e. 80% likely for those with lymph nodes involved that it would. I have stayed well away from predictors and statistical calculators, but like everyone I really worry about recurrence. I feel a bit floored as the thread title gave no indication that was going to be the content. As someone who had a positive lymph biopsy at diagnosis, it is horrible to read. I have never heard that statistic before and it is just grim. Feeling quite tearful and overwhelmed. Sorry to be a misery, but I think it has hit me hard because I am feeling a bit wrung out by everything. How do you respond when this sort of difficult information arrives unannounced in your consciousness?
On a more uplifting note, I am loving the preparation for surgery tips and banter about Lesley's er-hem cosmetic options . . .