Re: November 2017 Chemo Starters

Very happy...although next bath date is still unknown, I've just treated myself to tickets to see Soft Cell in september...😍😍😍😍

Thats a tough one Lesley, but i think u know the answer. You only have one more to go and then you'll be free to see whoever whenever xxxx

I need some advice ladies ....

I've not seen my son since Christmas - the plan was for me to go to him in South London on Sunday and we would go out for lunch.

He has come down with a cold - his description - snotty nose and sore throat.

Last chemo is Monday ...... do I risk it and go see him.... or stay away.

This is a real head/heart one ..... my head is saying why risk it for the sake of a couple of weeks, I could make myself properly poorly.  But my heart wants to see him and his girlfriend???

xx

I'd also recommend the Sopranos ...... great series and highly addictive - saw me thru my hysterectomy!!

That makes sense - at least you get it over and done in one hit ... so to speak .... we don't want anyone hitting you!

Dont forget your chargers and get the wifi code!

xx

Great advice Shi as always, thanks

I've been told the hospital stay is up to 7 days when u have mastectomy and reconstruction as its 2 major ops.
I would suggest downloading some box sets also...my plan is Downtown Abbey as I've never seen it - yes shock horror 😁😁

OMG Bythesea you need a small TV production team to turn up and help you!!

I had the DN come out to check my drain, I didn't/don't sleep in hospital so wanted to get home to my own bed. They removed it as well when the time came.  You might be ready to come home, so I wouldn't discount the DN option??

I think mum was only in for 3 days when she had her single mx - and she was pushing 80!

xx

Thank you ladies. Not tmi shi that's what I'm after :0) earning your CC stripes there x
In for 5 days. Might get out after three but gotta get drain emptied and checked on the 4th and 5th day so might stay in to save yo yo ing on the ferry :0(
I thought the pre chemo organising was bad but currently got whole house upside down. We have moved hall cupboard door up a bit. Glass banister is off, wardrobe doors are off getting painted. Bought flat pack shelving unit for living room which is now lying in 4 boxes like a coffee table. Bought paint for hall, living room and outside wood work oh and new curtains for living room. eeeek! Running out of days!!!!
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Fmb, pair of sliders for your feet, easier to get on than slippers, a dressing gown, you can keep dignified when walking to surgery, rather than having a flapping hospital gown, get one with pockets tgat’ll Take about a litre bottle if you can or one with a tie inside, so if you are having a drain bottle it helps while you have that attached to you for a few days after, if you are in overnight, take lip balm and hand cream, you’ll get dry in there. Take a bit of anosol cream too, the things they give you can back you up and anosol will sooth things, sorry tmi but just want to help you be more comfy 😘😘💕💕✨✨shi xx

It does make me cross the way you have to drive things forward ... it ok if you are that sort of person, but there’s a lot of people who would just sit and wait for someone to get in touch ... not wanting to bother them or make a fuss
It’s a recurring theme of annoyance!

I think that my onc should have requested removal appointment on my chemo 5 check up. I was the one that asked when it would be removed on my chemo 6 check up, i think it was an oversight. I guess in NHS world they r going to prioritise the new Hickmans in rather than the less urgent removals.
I'm going to chase again today
X

Hi Lesley - Vajazzle away I say 😁😁

Are they leaving your line in for surgery? Might be worth asking the question??

I know for my repeat CT, they’ve requested a vascular access nurse to be on hand for the cannula.

My unit nurses remove the PICC as soon as chemo is done ... I’m not that familiar with the Hickman lines!

Still no bubble bath for me 😣

Sorry, was suppose to be a link 🙄 its one of the top topics under surgery thread.
I was told to take in a fan as you get really hot under the 'hot blanket'you have to be under for at least the first 24 hours...this heat will help the capillaries connect. So anything that helps u cooldown.
Also i have bought button top pyjamas as they look at your boobs alot, every 30 mins through the first night apparently. Also front fastening bras...i just bought 2 that were recommended from Asdas.

How long are you expected to be in for ... I had 2 lots of surgery ... the first one in and out the same day and the second just an overnight stay ... so didn’t really need much at all ... sorry not very helpful! 😫

How’s everyone doing?? xx

Hi Bythesea,
I found the following really useful as i start to research the surgery:
forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Surgery/What-to-take-into-hospital/td-p/860471
Xxxx

Oooooo defo on the vajazzle Lesley! That'll surprise your surgeon x
Ok starting to pack for next week. Top tips please on what I'll need. Clothes, bras, mags, snacks???? Not a lot of space in those tiny bedside cupboards. What's the secret item that will make it all easier????xxx

Bythesea ... do you think I should go the whole hog and get a vajazzle??? (Is that how you spell it!?) 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Busy day for me!
I was in the unit at 7.15 for my pre checks - all seems ok, can’t see me getting a call about bloods 🤞
Then straight on a train into London for some more presenting!
One of my old colleagues was there so she’s chasing up my CT appt - brucie bonus!
I did walk back to st Pancras, it was such a lovely day ... but I’m now sat on the train with very sore feet!! 😫😫. I need to remember that I not thru this yet!

Hope all the 6 girls are getting on ok!

AnnaKarenina - you can do this!! You have a battalion of us behind you! If you start to fall we will catch you!!
Having treatment fortnightly is a bit of a bugger but if anyone can do it, you can!!
Sending lots of hugs and love and positive vibes your way!!
🤗🤗💕💕🎢🎢🎢

Harry fiddler I'll do the war dance for you. Hang in there x
Annakarenina it's ok to be grumpy. The 15th of March will be along in no time bringing a whole new you full of fresh new cells in your body like the new little buds on the flowers and trees. A clean slate and an exciting future to look forward to with a renewed knowledge that life's too short for the mundane xxx
Lesley sorry to hear about your little set back but designer vaginas are very popular these days. It'll be a whole new you everywhere! xxx
Carole a celebration sounds wonderful. Let your hair down xxx