Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

November 2017 Chemo Starters

Re: November 2017 Chemo Starters

Back from flush..... last one delayed.

They showed me the email that the onc had sent back 

"DOCETAXEL IS VERY TOXIC AND REQUIRES A 21 DAY BREAK BETWEEN TREATMENTS'

shouty capitals!!

So 2 weeks today I will be sat in the chair for the final full session.   I will still be going back every 6 months for the next 30 months for my zoledronic acid - but thats a quick 15 min session which is more of an inconvenicence than an event.

Off to change all my calendars!

Bythesea - the one question I have for the LGFB sessions is this.... do you go 'naked'?  I wouldn't normally turn up without some form of makeup on .... presumably that all comes off and you start again?

Have fun and enjoy it - looking forward to seeing your goodie bag!

xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi harryfiddler, I πŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰nearly 4 weeks ago now and start 😎😎😎πŸ₯“πŸ₯“rads on Thursday, Just managing a few days away before starting 😁😁keep πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺyou’ll be πŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰soon too πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Morning, not so nice here but we've got snow yay! :0)
Jc I'm with you and all the watery eye ladies. Slept with an eye mask last night just to frighten OH ha! But better this morning This is my LGFB course today so hopefully they will have some tips.
Lesley I have had the peeling feet all the way through like they are dissolving every now and again.
Love that number 6 has come round and love the thought of photo board although I might have finished on number 5 without the party :0(
Good luck everyone with appointments today. I'll be back to report on my LGFB day and goodie bag xxx

Looks like a beautiful morning out there! - just off for my flush and find out my final date ..... can't believe I'm even saying it out loud!!

Good luck for bloods for all you lovely chemo 6 girls πŸ₯Š go and sock the hell out of it and ring those bells!!

I think we need a photo board of all our final chemos to mark the end of the journey???   And it doesnt  matter if your last one is this week or in a few more weeks time - we will be holding hands the whole way thru!!

love to you all

xx

πŸ’•πŸ€—

JC, Shi, Otter, seeing you getting ready for #6 gives me so much strength! It's crap, but we're winning! Hope it all goes according to plan. HF xxx

I've given up on eye makeup after spending the day regretting a try last week. I've got no eyelashes to speak of now. Keep reminding myself it's temporary!
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

That’s brilliant no 6 already, plenty of πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ›ŽπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•Ίthis week nov girls and our Ruthie babes and jencat from Oct πŸš‚ whooop whooop πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

🀞 all chemo 6 starters get to go this week. I can't believe we're here already, it doesn't seem 5 minutes ago I had no. 5.
Good luck to everyone this week πŸ–’πŸ€πŸ–’πŸ€πŸ–’πŸ€πŸ–’πŸ€ xxx

Hi Shi

No your not being a mother πŸ”πŸ”πŸ”πŸ” your advice is much appreciated as we would all agree that this 🎒🎒🎒🎒 would be lonelier and harder without this place to rant cryπŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜±πŸ˜±πŸ˜±πŸ˜±πŸ˜±πŸ˜±πŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒπŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

I know that personally I would not have got this far without it as at low points it would have been too easy to just give in 

I phoned unit but as usual I just get fobbed off with ' oh that normal just tell oncologist on Tuesday' πŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒ

Can't believe 6 is nearly here

😱😱😱😱

Highlighted
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi otter, sorry to mother hen as usual please just ring your unit about swellings, my unit advised me to ring them if any swelling on anything 😘😘Lesley, that sounds lovely as snow Snow White, it’s on trend still isn’t it as all the teens and 20 somethings were all getting theirs done grey and white weren’t they πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

I'd love to live by the sea, lucky you Smiley Happy  I'm near Rochester xx

Hi jencat - I’m near Hythe
xx

Hi Lesley,

I'm from the Oct thread. Just noticed you're in Kent, I am too. Whereabouts are you from? x

Fresh bread sounds lovely πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

I'm going to try an give up chocolate for Lent 🍫🍫🐰🐰 unfortunately knowing me I will start eating something else instead🍰🍩πŸͺπŸͺ

I've been getting watery eyes which isn't helpful with my contact lenses 😒😒

I am trying to be a bit more active to try and get the weight down so hopefully it will help with the swollen ankles

🌞🌞🌞🌞

Bread in the oven JC!!

My friend who went thru this 5 years ago had really bad watering eyes on T - it's another SE appartently.

Not a lot you can do about it ..... probably need to stay away from the eye make up whilst it's doing it's worse!

My eyes look really small and piggy like with nothing on.  But I'm just convicing myself that it's not for ever and things will sort themselves out.

OH has done a thorough scalp check  this weekend and confirmed that I have hair growing all over my scalp, no bald patches, the back is slightly thinner, but coud be due to being rubbed more as I sit/lie like a little budda!  But it is snow snow white!  Which it wont be staying!! 

i'm going to let it carry on growing until I can Wahl it on a number 2?? and then let it go it's own way for a while! xx

Can't help with swollen feet and ankles etc,  I am suffering with really watery eyes. I have practically no eyelashes  and where I  put make up to enhance my eyes I water it away and am left with red puffy eyes - su h a good look!!!

Lesley, make that bread 🍞 and enjoy it, there's  time enough later to go on a diet

πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—β˜„πŸ’•β˜„πŸ’•β˜„

morning all

beautiful sunny day in Kent too πŸ’™ β˜€οΈπŸ˜Ž

Anadan - I was given co-codamol without even asking for them - they expect you to be in pain .... you definitely need to chase this up for next time, there is no point in suffering when there's a solution out there.  I'm cross that they have left you to deal with this on your own!

Otter - I was told to expect swollen feet and ankles, think it's a mixture of the steroids and the T - and was told that movement was the best way to shift the retained fluid!

I forgot to take my Clarityn yesterday, so my pelvis is a little tender, but nothing I can't deal with.  My right foot is tingling, despite the reduced dosage and my heel feels quite numb.  I have also noticed that the skin on my toes is beginning to peel off .... almost as if I have bee in the water for too long??  Anyone else had this?

Wales were robbed yesterday!  some dodgy referree decisions...... not that I am bitter!!  πŸ˜—

Considering making some bread this afternoon - but then I will only want to eat it all!  But I have a diet start date marked on the calendar - 3 weeks tomorrow!

Have a safe and content Sunday xx

Hello lovely ladies β™₯️β™₯️ I'm so grateful I have you 😘 I'm crying reading your posts xx is this normal ? 😘😘
I feel better today, still feel a concrete block on my neck and shoulders and my jaw hurts, but my back and legs are better x I was only told to take ibuprofen, but will definitely discuss how to manage this pain next time

Hi all 

Lovely sunny 🌞🌞🌞 day here too

Has anyone else had swollen feet and ankles 😬😬😬😬 skin feels tight and knees also look a bit puffy .is it due to steroids or maybe as I have put on nearly two stones and I've try to be good this cycle but still the weight is piling on😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

Morning - it's lovely and sunny but windy here 🌞🌬
Harryfiddler I had bad acid reflux and my unit recommended gaviscon. Hope it passes for you soon x πŸ€—