Re: November 2017 Chemo Starters

Yay Carole! It's the final countdown (cue music). That is brilliant. Stay warm and watered. Well done. xx

Number five done 🎉🎉 🎉 just one more to go !
Now time to drink loads and chill. Nearly there 😊

Beautiful photo Bythesea, so jealous I can't see views like that.
I from time to time get twinges around my lumpectomy area, and this includes the area where my surgeon moved tissue about to balance me up. My onc said that as long as there was no swelling then not to worry.
Have a lovely Thursday everyone, will be in the chair at 11:00 as Lesley presents down the road. What a small world!
Carole x

Bythesea- what a setting, just beautiful .... very envious!

Another morning of waking up and feeling ok .... long may it continue.
The reduced dose is obviously having an effect. Even taste isn’t going as much as it did.
And thankfully no nerve tingles - but could still be a bit early for them.

Really looking forward to going down to a full English breakfast! 🍳 how bad is that.
But I’m trying to be good in this cycle and am actually losing a bit of weight!
Has anyone else developed that round face look? Or is it just me looking like a greedy hamster???

Good luck in the chair Carole - will be sending positive vibes across the yards that separate us!
Bythesea are you in as well?

Love to all .... may the sun shine hard and your side effects be gentle! 🌞🌞

🤗💕💕
Community Champion

Wow! Can't believe the finishing line is in sight! I started chemo on 31 October 2014 and didn't finish until 10th April 2015 - those dates will forever be in my head! I have several delays during FEC because of infections. I then had reconstruction (expander implant) before rads throughput July. So my treatment was nearly a year from start to finish (diagnosed 3rd September).

It is odd once the appointments stop. We bought a much wished for puppy to keep me occupied and I started to do a few casual hours as an exam invigilator at my son's school. Both of which eased me back into the real world. It was only then that it hit me that I'd had cancer.... I'd gone through that surreal year in a blur of what seemed like an out of body experience.

I went on a 6-week Macmillan moving forward course, had counselling and found a fantastic support group at a local hospice which all helped me come back down to earth.

You're on the home straight ladies and you've all done brilliantly supporting each other xxxx

image.jpeg

This is yesterday's snap Bythesea x

Good luck tomorrow Carole maybe Lesley will send Wendy in to see you while she's presenting x.

Otter maybe redness is just wind burn??? If we are allowed a wind burn tan I'll need to find somewhere really blowey for my summer hols!

Harryfiddler hope you're doing well over there, note there's no people swimming in my sea ha Brrrrrrrr!

Good luck tomorrow Lesley presenting. Your amazing!

I've had my first real lazy week just not feeling on top form so booked my LGFB course for Monday. It's at the same place I'll get my rads so going for a recce.

got another scan and surgeon app tomorrow as my lump isn't doing much and my lymph node is sore :0( anyone else get pain???

this weather has been amazing and made another batch of that ice cream today, don't make it as it's addictive!!!

Otter - I think all Clinique is a min of 25??

Xx

AnnaKarenina, I like blueberries, will give it a go, thank you for the advice x no, I'm still on every three weeks regime.

Otter, I'm not sure how much more my veins can take 😱 I have 3 more to go ...

Yes, walking in the sun is uplifting Smiley Happy spring is in the air 👏👏

Hi Lesley

Just rocking the beetroot look at present and feels warm

I got a Clinique mostisure cream which isn't SPF so I think I need a higher as I wouldn't normally need anything on my face so kind of proves skin is more sensitive due to this 🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢☢☢☢☢☢☢is going to make it worst

😬😬😬😬😬

A suntan in February Otter? you shouldnt be complaining!!

My face cream is SPF30 - I think 15 might be a bit low - have you had your LGFB session yet? was there anything in there moisturiser wise.  Alot of the big marque creams are actually SPF but dont advertise it - might be worth looking at the small print or online?

I am a very naughty sunworshipper and dreading having to cover up in factor 50! but it's only sensible .... appartently! 😜 xx

Question l know our skin is meant to be more sensitive to sun so I got a face cream with SPF 15 and put on before I went out today just looked at my face and it's bright red like you get if you have had wind burn

It was Olay so would have thought it would have been ok any suggestions as to what I could use as I hate the smell of suncream

🌞🌞🌞

Hi

I've just had a lovely walk along the river in Romsey cold but sun made all the difference lots of snowdrops and crocuses out giving the hope Spring is just round the corner 🌞🌞🌞🌞

I love blueberries so will give it a go as I think they are going to find it hard to find a vein for last one as two have blown and hardened on right and left isn't much better 😱😱

The latest I've heard from work is they have taken on 4 Super temps as my friend is calling them as they have to pick up the job without any training as she leaves this friday which leaves no team till I go back so a bit of as mess but director fault so trying not to loose sleep over it

Hope everyone has had a god day🤗🤗🤗🤗

sent you a pm

Just thought you cold ninja your way into my chemo season 😂😂

I don't think you could get any closer I'm in Bracknell!

Enjoy your greens Carole ..... I've been munching on brocolli and spinach this week - my HB was 121 🌱

I'm off to Bracknell - not the leafiest bit of Berkshire.... I should really pop in and see my Aunt who is only 12 miles away - but I'm just not up to it .... so I'll be sneaking in and out of the county .... she's got an amazing radar that woman!

xx

Hi ladies
I have been playing work catch up for the last few days before I have number 5 tomorrow, so been a bit quiet, but all's well.
Just back from seeing the oncologist and she is happy with everything to go ahead tomorrow, blood Hb is only 113 but she's not too worried just told me to eat lots of leafy greens to ensure it gets no lower.
I hope that everyone is doing okay and enjoying today's sunshine even if we don't have the temperature to match like harryfiddler does ☀☀
Lesley hope your trip today goes well and tomorrow's presentations go well too, I'll be thinking off you as I sit in the chair as you will be somewhere nearby as Berkshire isn't that big.
Happy Wednesday everyone off to find some leafy greens to eat 😄😄
Carole xx
Highlighted

Hello everyone, just back from a cold but gloriously sunny walk with my daughter at Wisley which was really uplifting. Something about seeing new life and tenative buds emerging, even in these temperatures, that was moving and encouraging. 

Anadan, so sorry about your poor veins. This may be a load of rubbish, but I have been told that blueberries are excellent for veins and one of the chemo nurses mentioned it to me as a supportive thing to eat for veins when I was debating whether to go the port route or not. If you hate them, forget it, but if you like them, it might be worth a go? Hope you managed to get some sleep eventually despite the evil steroids? Are you on a fortnightly regime now? 

Lesley, I so empathise with hating all the darn drugs we get given. I think occasionally that has led me to undertreat symptoms and side effects, but I am always so aware that whatever I take will help, but also lead to more nonsense. I really feel my head hasn't adjusted from my pre-diagnosis state which was you would be lucky to find paracetamol and a plaster in our house. Long may you stay side-effect and symptom-lite. No feeling guilty - it is just brilliant that you are feeling okay, especially after the long haul we've all been through. 

Harryfiddler, I hope you are fast asleep now and look forward to our daily update on summer when you wake up. Yay for completing chemo 5 - is it one more to go for you? I think I am an oddity (in so many ways) in having 8 cycles to do. And I'm with you - chemo is rubbish. It is horrid and intrusive and worrying, but we have all got on with doing it anyway and for that reason, I reckon we should be proud of ourselves. We faced the reality and our fears. So there!

Otter, so sorry to hear about the additional stress of work. Not what you need at any time, but especially not now. Is there any update? 

Carole and JC1262: how are you both doing? 

Sending sunny Wednesday love to everyone. xx

Hope your vein is better Anadan. Mine have been taking a beating too but hopefully on the mend now. And steroids off the menu, thank goodness. I'm gonna take a little helper and hopefully get a bit of shut-eye at this end of the earth. Hang in there all xxx

Morning anadan
Sorry to hear about your vein, so glad I had a PICC in the end. But good they sorted straight away!
I woke myself up with the hiccups at 4! Another first!
First day off steroids thank goodness today, I won’t be sad to see the back of the puce face!
No nausea for me either and so far no nerve tingles. Hopefully the fatigue won’t kicked in as I’ve a busy couple of days.
Off to Berkshire late this afternoon with a full day presenting tomorrow 😫 seemed like a plan before my delays and now I don’t want to let anyone down!

Going to try and get a few more 💤
Hope everyone is ok xx