Re: November 2017 Chemo Starters

Oh JC - that doesn't sound a good experience ..... are you going to check it out with the unit tomorrow??  I think you should.

I will have a look at the youtube - good spot!

I didn't ask about delaying the last one ... When it was from Thurs to Fri, they said it wouldnt affect the next one.  But I will be checking with them tomorrow, you can be sure!

hope you continue to feel ok and that feeling doesnt come back xx

Lesley, won't this have a knock on effect - so your last one will be 3 weeks tomorrow?

I had a strange experience last night.. I was just sitting watching the voice  when suddenly I felt as if my temperature dropped, my forehead was warm but my face felt cold, apparently  my colour wasn't too good either. My hands felt ok but my arms were cold,  it was an effort to keep my head up at times. Once in bed I was fine & I'm ok today. I didn't take my temperature as no one could find my thermometer,  which is kept in my bedroom with all my chemo bits, so there will be a big hunt for it today. Has anyone else experienced this?

On a positive note, I went on the Becca (breast cancer care) app yesterday and one of the 5 daily notes was about faking eyebrows, lashes, false eyelashes etc. It's from a cancer blogger called Carly, her blog is called Eyelineher, she has tutorials on YouTube . I watched some of her videos and she is lovely,  very easy to follow with clear instructions as she's making up her eyes. I think she's worth checking out as, like us, she doesn't have eyebrows/lashes but you wouldn't know it to look at her. Her tips on applying fake eyelashes were very good.

Wishing you all a lovely day  xxx

🤗😗🤗😗☄💕☄💕

Morning all!!!
I’ve got over being pee’d off, just want it done now!

I took steroids Wed to Friday, had yesterday off and now back on them Sun - Tuesday!
I’m being very busy ..... but also sleeping! It’s all a bit odd, My taste is changing, so maybe it’s not just the T that affects it. Can’t stand my lovely green tea already and I need to get my volumes up today!!

I’ll be there at 8 am tomorrow.... hopefully no more cock ups! The unit are filing an adverse incident and I’m putting in a complaint! That will be the voices of my ‘roid rage today!

Hope all you lovely ladies are going ok .... I’ll only be a few days ahead of you Carole and Harryfiddler instead of a week.

They better not move my last one back either ..... I’d like to see them try!!!

OMG!!!!!! Lesley,  that's absolutely terrible!!!!!! How are you doing, how have you been over the weekend. As Otter said, is that more steroids? Hopefully  they'll get it right for Monday  - I did double check when I had mine that it was a reduced amount (20%).

It sounds as if you're going to have the cleanest house, hopefully playing loud music  and having a boogie whilst you're doing it, just think of the pounds you can burn off 😉💃💃💃

Seriously though, 🤞 for tomorrow - we'll all be with you xxx

🤗😗🤗😗☄💕☄💕

Happy Sunday ☀️

Anadan, I had a single mx last summer and wore loose t shirts as the tube came out from under my top and then went into a bag, they supplied.  It had long straps and was roomy inside, it was quite discreet.  I think the only thing I couldn't wear were dresses. I did ask my surgeon about an mx on my other side as a precaution but he explained that if it were to come back, it may not necessarily be in my breast and they don't do precautionary mx's. Btw, i found some pretty and reasonable post surgery  bras from George  (Asda online). Oh yes and i bought a V shaped pillow, a dressing gown with deep pockets but to be honest I found loose comfy clothes in layers easier. I think I had mine in for about a week max. Good luck to you as you go forward 👍 

Xxx

🤗😗🤗😗☄💕☄💕

Sending you some 'Roid Rage' Lesley and if nothing else hope it helps with the bathroom and oven.
Hope everyone manages to enjoy their weekend xxx. I've just washed out my cold cap conditioner from Wednesday so away for the blow dry to see what's left. Fingers crossed my Barnett can hang in there till number 6 x

Morning all

I crashed at about 8pm last night - emotionally drained more than anything I think to be honest.  You don't always realise how keyed up you get for these blinking sessions..... then when they don't happen.

But need to move on.

I'm going to get out in the garden and try and burn off some of these steroids before they start again tomorrow .... the bathroom will be receiving a full deep clean along with the oven!! 

Perhaps I should be thanking the nhs for a cleaner house!!

Hope everyone is coping with the SE  ok ..... how bad is it that I wish I was suffering too 😂

Anyway only another 48hrs and I'll be done!

Better to cock up Chemo 5 than the last one!!

xx

Highlighted

Lesley, I am so sorry. I just saw what happened. What a mess up. I really hope you can have a weekend that isn't dominated by steroids and stress. It is wretchedly frustrating. You may need a dose of LaBlast to burn off the rage . . .Let me know if you need me to send the link again.

Anadan, thanks for asking the questions re: surgery. As you know I am on the 8 cycles, then surgery treadmill too, so I really appreciated being able to hope on the thread and see the discussion. I know just what you mean about awaking the surgery demons too. Now it is getting closer, there are a whole new set of questions and worries lurking, but we have come this far. We can do it, along with Harryfiddler and others on the November chemo starters who will be moving into the new phase. At least we are doing it together. We'll be comparing button up pyjamas and dressing gown pockets before we know it!

Bythesea, I LOVE the idea of the shrinky dance. I may add it to my LaBlast routine. Sounds perfect. xx

!!!!!!!!!

Rage on your behalf! And I haven't even started the steroids yet!

Good luck on Monday. Your delay puts me right behind you, Tuesday am, Monday night your time.

Harryfiddler

xx

Oh no! Lesley! How much more steroids do they want you to take... I really feel your anger 😤😤😤  I hope you have a good night sleep xxxxxx

thank you for all your advice re surgery and the drains xxxx I will surely ask more questions when I’m done with T, jumping ahead a bit at the moment but that’s because I saw a surgeon last week. The conversation woke up all surgery demons  😱

Don't worry Shi - I will be checking everything.

Another complaint to lodge unfortunately.  But they can't mess around with people's lives.  It impacts on so many other things!

xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Blooming heck Lesley that’s terrible, you’ll be bouncing off the walls with all the steroids, if I were you next week when they check your name etc with you check with them it’s a reduced dose. On one of mine they had got someone else’s dose of drugs and had checked it off between them and it was only when they asked me my details they realised it was the wrong. So please check your dose is lower on Monday after this fluff up today. 💕💕✨✨shi xx

Hi Lesley

I'm not surprised you are annoyed I would be fuming 😬😬😬😬

I presume you also have to take more steroids over weekend 🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃

Fingers crossed they get it right on Monday 👌👌👌👌👌

Back from the unit ...... but no treatment!!

They 'forgot' to make up my chemo!!  But the unit didn't realise they didn't have it until after they had given me the first flush, the anti-sickness meds and then the second flush.

Back again 8am Monday!

So unnecessary medication - 3 days of steroids and anti-sickness.   I was the 4th person today it had happened to.

To say I am slightly annoyed is an understatement!

xx

Hi anadan, stretchy camisole vests I found were great. Asda do packs of 2 with the pjs etc. I found stepping into them & pulling it up was fine & stretchy enough to put the drain & tubing through the arm hole. I wore those with pyjama bottoms & a cardigan or dresssing gown whilst in hospital. They’ll be checking your blood pressure etc every 30 minutes at first so you probably won’t want long sleeves. I found stretchy vest tops a god send when home with a cardigan & scarf, it hid anything from my squeamish daughter! Squash & snacky bits for hospital stay as the water always tastes foul! Good luck xx

Also some ladies used a handbag over the body with the drains in, I think that might be safer but I didn’t have snugging suitable.

Big deep pockets for the drains are a must.
If I didn’t put it in a pocket I kept walking off and vegetating it and getting paranoid that I’d broken the seal. They work on a vacuum and you have to keep an eye on the dial to make sure it’s working.

The feeling of relief when it was removed was amazing. It was one of those things where I didn’t realise it was the drain causing the discomfort, I thought it was the surgery. Once that was gone it was so much easier!!
Mine was in for a max of five days or if less than 100ml had drained in 24hrs (from memory) I had mine in for 4 days. The DN came every day to check on it.
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Abadan dressing gown with big pockets and also I had a jacket that had pockets on the inside which accommodated really well. The bottles are about the size of 8” long by 9.5” circumstances like one of those water bottles you used to get with a racing bike. Hope that helps 😘😘💕💕✨✨shi xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻Go Lesley ♥️♥️♥️Bit of everybody was Kung foo fighting playing on the nov 🎢for you 😁😁😁by the sea and harryfiddler 👍👍👍 well done and all nov amazing ladies, getting closer to those 🛎🛎🛎🛎can’t wait to see your celebrations 😁😁😁😘😘😘💕💕✨✨shi xx