cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

November 18 chemo starters

Re: That’s so good to read , I actually got more upset at hea...

Hi ladies,

Well another weekly T tomorrow so trying to enjoy today and get some more tidying done. I wish this grey, gloomy weather would lift again. Was lovely to see some sunshine yesterday though the icy pavements weren't great on the school run. My little boy turned 8 Tuesday so it brought a mixed bag of emotions.

My hair has started sprouting again - looking white as I thought, but feels good to have some new growth. And hairy lower legs again - good job I bought that LadyShave with Xmas money - ha ha!
Hope you're feeling ok after T Kate and TBird so sorry to hear you've had to endure a hospital stay, thinking of you all. xxx

That’s so good to read , I actually got more upset at hea...

That’s so good to read , I actually got more upset at hearing I was going to lose it again then actually losing it the first time xx
Tbird I do hope your feeling better I have just had my first T and awaiting whatever Nasty effects this one brings along to us
So far just a little off taste in my mouth was worse on EC xx

Re: November 18 chemo starters

Hi Ladies

well that's one week I don't want back.  I spent most of it in hospital on iv antibiotics, so glad I'm home now.  

I think I have left my sense of humour in the hospital - I am so fed up of it all, but also aware it's got to be done.  I have a week off now before the cycle starts again 😁, I hope my next T won't be as bad.  Keep safe ladies.

love Tbird x

Kip

Hi Kate day, don't panic my hair started growing during end of Fec/beginning of T and kept on growing

Hi first T went ok now awaiting the side effects
Arm still swallon but they said key take some time to resolve
Had a few tears today as my hair had grown back maybe only a cm or two but today the nurse was quite frank I’m telling me it would fall out again I have been so happy that it had started to grow back so really got to me
Some of you ladies well you seem to be going through it In and out of hospital preying it picks up for you along the way xx

Hello lovely ladies! 

Kateday, good luck with your first T today, hope it all goes smoothly for you. I can understand the bell ring making you weepy, I'm just all over the place emotionally at the mo. I don't think there's a bell at my chemo ward. Sorry to hear of your swollen PICC line, hope all is sorted now.

Liloc, all that for a miserly little cold virus, how annoying! My OH is also a non medical doctor, and he has been fine with giving me the filgrastim injections, just remember to go in at 45% angle if you pinch less than 2" of flesh (had to find that out through Google!) I am also needle phobic (have passed out having bloods done and in chemo chair Smiley Embarassed ) I have my injection at night as they advised it when we were discussing times due to OH's work pattern.

Lou43, hope you are recovered from the last round now, I have read about the accumulative effect of chemo and I appear to be feeling it too.

Found myself a silk headscarf in a charity shop for 50p, a really nice Past Times one, so now I have a swanky turban for reclining in the evenings Smiley LOL

T doesn't really like me, although I'm pleased the smell is different from FEC, cor, what a pong! I could smell it coming out of my skin, vile!

So far, T day was OK, slept for 5 hours that night, despite steroid overload, but downhill after that. Friday was fine, went out for the day with OH, no problems, but got home and started to feel tired. Had no sleep that night or the next, not one jot. Now on vastly reduced steroids for today then no tablets to take so hoping sleep comes tonight.

Bought myself some figs to eat and get things moving, as I can't take senna tablets (have tablet swallowing issues!) and already have wiped out feeling with bone pain, especially jaw and teeth, bit odd! Having to take paracetamol already for pain, it's mildly annoying at the mo and I hope it doesn't get worse. Also noticing lots of heart palps with T, not pleasant especially with little exertion. Strangely, not so much of the craving with T either, and on such high dose of steroids I thought it would be worse, I do wonder if it was just FEC that made me crave food?

Edited to add: Just remembered I have mouth changes, have a mouth that feels on the point of soreness so am being careful with certain foods as I don't want a breakout. I'm using baking soda toothpaste as an onc mentioned rinsing with bicarb, and also gently brushing my tongue when brushing teeth. Lots of swilling with water, which I have surprised myself by actually liking to drink as well!

Well, that's enough from me for now, hope you are all doing OK.

Keep going ladies Heart 

Hi ladies,

Hope you're all doing ok. I haven't posted for a little while as had a rough time after my last EC before new year. Ended up feeling rubbish and really down over new year but picked up in week 2.

Had my first of my weekly T chemo yesterday and went ok but the piriton they gave me beforehand made me feel really wiped out. However today I feel ok again (just usual rosy cheeks) so hoping it will be manageable weekly and I'll have less fatigue. So I'll keep you posted Gogga on how I get on with the next week and 2nd T next week.

I'm lucky it works for me as know it's not practical for everyone. I have lots of offers from family and friends to take me each week as there's no way I would have been up to driving myself home. I did get the horrid metallic taste in my mouth during the chemo which I'd not noticed before so my mum had to go and buy me some wine gums which helped. Tea tasted yucky which is a shame as a nice cup of tea is usually very welcome at chemo. The tea trolley ladies keep us all entertained.

Liloc, hope you go on ok with the injections. I did them myself which I found ok but reacted badly if I injected too close to mealtimes and swapped to earlier in the day. I needed a hot water bottle and took paracetomol to get through the backache / bone pain but think I reacted worse than most and it was only to the first 2-3 injections the rest were fine,

Take care everyone. xxx

Hi all, just checking in. Still ups and downs here, like us all. Carried on having temperature spikes after being released from hospital last Friday but as my white blood cell count was back up, I was still on the antibiotics and I was seeing the oncologist after the weekend, I didn’t call the hotline again but was feeling rough. When I saw the oncologist, she said the only test that came back positive (out of dozens I did in hospital) was for a cold virus!! All the midnight wake ups for antibiotics drips, no point at all! And I was hardly even blowing my nose. What a palava....
Anyway, moving on, did my EC chemo #4 yesterday (temp was normal), so when I get over the side effects of this one, I’m half way there 🎉🎉🎉🎉. Just got to get through the next 10 days of grimness but ‘bin there, dun that’ so know what to expect by now. Grin and bear it. Then on to T on 7th Feb so taking notes on what you girls are saying about it 😬.
Been also reading back on what you’ve all said about injections. I know it’s old hat for most of you now but I’ve never had to do any yet, probably just the doctors being considerate about my needle phobia. However because of my neutropenic sepsis this last time round, the oncologist has decided I’ve got to do some to boost my immune system mid-cycle so I don’t end up in hospital again. Not looking forward to it but most of you seem to take it in your stride now. I seem to gather it’s better before bed to avoid any aches and pains? Going to have to see if OH lives up to his Dr title (even if Doctor of Astronomy 😳) cos I sure as hell ain’t doing it to myself 😱.

Ladies

Back from first T, only delayed because they spent an hour seeking a vein! I had Herceptin as an injection and it was a little painful but fine, then had to have T intravenously and by the time that was done and the flush I was good to go. We were let out just before 1.30 so less than 4 hours all in, including settling me as my BP was high following massive steroid doses and walking quickly through hospital and car park.

I was up all night with the steroids and felt a bit anxious and weepy, need to focus on just two more chemos to go though. Oh, made a prat of myself in the hospital, thankfully only two witnesses, pulled my woolly hat off and my wig!! Hastily had to whip it back on again and use selfie camera to adjust Smiley Embarassed

Sals, I will get the epilator out tonight, most of the hairs have snapped off it seems, so I'll finish the job Smiley Happy

Thank you pigeon for the best wishes, all good so far and no immediate hit from the drugs, although I do have a huge pale patch on my leg where the herceptin was injected!

Will report back as the days go by but I am prepared for a pain slump by Sunday.

Stay strong

Hi ladies
Just having a catch up
I have my first T due Monday
It’s good to read your posts of those who have started all ready
Bit of a crap time since last cycle , worse by far then a long day at hospital due to swelling on PICC arm now on blood thinning injections too
I heard the bell being rung for the first time yesterday and nearly burst into tears
Funny how things get us
I just keep saying four just four more to go 💪🏻💪🏻

Hi Holeinone

Best of luck for your treatment today! xx

I have to say, while I haven’t exactly been OK with T, I haven’t been as bad as some of the other ladies on here - although I had a reduced dose this time, so this may affect it.

Oddly, the bone pain didn’t really hit me until yesterday (day 6), and is pretty bad again today. Ive also had heartburn, a sore mouth and throat, terrible taste buds, and the worst “chemo brain” since I started chemo.

But I had a terrible time with side affects on FEC, and if I had to pick one, so far I’d choose the T.

I’ll likely be back to 100% dose for the next treatment if my liver cooperates, so we’ll see if it carries on this way.

Good luck holeinone for your T tomorrow, today is the first day I feel better - yay!! So I had T last Tuesday felt pretty good until Friday and have tipped the scales back towards feeling human today so 5 rough days - also hoping that T5 and 6 won’t be as bad. Fingers crossed you weather the storm better than the rest of us have. Go girl, agree on the leg hair but in the end by my 2nd chemo I waxed them and I haven’t seen a hair since so basically no re growth it’s the only thing I love about chemo 😂

Hello ladies, I will be joining the T girls tomorrow Smiley Sad Is anyone in this group OK with T?

Meant to come on here a couple of days ago but had appointments all over the place! This must be what a social life feels like, going out all the time and getting invites Smiley LOL

Tbird, wow, so sorry you've been so ill. Gentle hugs to you and hopefully you will fly through the rest of T. 

Pigeon, thank you for your informative reply, I've cut my nails short and managed to do the base coat nail hardener stage, and am leaving it at that for now. First T tomorrow morning so may paint my nails when I get home. I am also squeamish about nails (amongst other things!) so hope to avoid any nail sagas or I may be wearing massive plasters all over my finger ends!

I've started my 8-a-day steroid diet in readiness for tomorrow, thankfully no bright red face so far, I do feel completely wiped out though, with the occasional racing heart on slight exertion. 

Hair talk: Unlike most of you, I chose not to shave my head, I've never had my hair cut really short, a just-off-the-shoulder bob was as short as it got. I chose to brush my hair furiously until it mostly came out, and it did between day 14 of first cycle of FEC and by day 7 of 2nd cycle it had gone, bar a few stragglers. I've actually not looked at my bald head in a mirror, and don't intend to, so any hair changes are noted by feel.  Tonight I noticed I have a Manchu style ponytail left on the top of my head! Most bizarre!! I also have just one fringe hair at the front which waves at me when I have my wig on, the defiant little blighter! WTF is going on with leg hair though, why does it not go? After losing our tresses the least we should get in compensation should be hair-free calves?! Good news is some tiny moustache hairs have gone, and my one and only chin hair has disappeared too. Not even on T yet and my eyebrows and eyelashes are down about a third, hairless mole rat here I come Smiley Sad

Will report back on T tomorrow evening, I'm hoping to be OK for the first few days at least!

Love to you all Heart

Ended up in hospital yesterday, had to stay over night having intravenous antibiotics.  Came home lunch time today feeling so much better.  I had liquid morphine in hospital which really helped with the pain, just feeling a bit sickly from all the medication again.

on the plus side everybody has reassured me I shouldn't feel like this on T 5 & 6.  How's everyone doing.

Love Tbird xx

Glad I could help Tbird and Sals x I felt really rough on my first T with the pains in my legs and feet. Ended up having a doctor come to see me (2 in the morning!) who prescribed Oral Morphine as I'm allergic to Coedine and that definitely helped, but I didn't need to take any on 2 and 3 x

3 weekly fingers crossed for you it’s jyst the first one that’s like this 🤞

Are you doing weekly or 3 weeklyT? I’m going to do weekly but won’t be able to cope if feel like that every week??

Hi Tbird, still feeling pretty gritty, although a tiny improvement each day, my throat and mouth feel disgusting it’s the first time I really can’t taste anything, the aches are a bit better but still feel like someone has kicked me in the chest and back 😩 it can only get better and @jencat reassuring to hear hopefully T 2 and 3 might be a bit kinder 😘

Hi Jencat

thank you so much for your response and reassurance, for a few of us this has been our first T and some of us have found it really hard.  It's good to know the 2nd and 3rd won't be as bad.  I thought I had got away with it had my T Tuesday and Wednesday felt fine until Friday afternoon then the proverbial bus ran me down.  Starting to feel a bit better now using both ibuprofen and paracetamol and hot wheat bags.  Hopefully will sleep tonight and be better tomorrow.

Stay well girls.  P.s. I had to cancel my friend who was going to teach me to croquet because I felt so rough, but I can always reschedule.

love Tbird xx

Hi Tbird and Sal, I'm from the Oct '17 thread and like you, found T hard. Don't know if this your first lot of T, but just wanted to say that the 2nd and 3rd one were easier for me, so hopefully they will be for you too x

Hi girls

well this T takes the biscuit I can't remember feeling as rough as I do since all this has started. Today I have taken ibuprofen and my sister sorted out some wheat bags and halleuia I have had some relief, the first since Friday afternoon.  I have a sore throat but temps are fine, so fingers crossed I've put the worse of it behind me now - hope everyone else is doing ok - how are you Sals 

love Tbird xx

Hi T-girls!
This is honestly the worst i’ve felt through the whole BC saga, I don’t know if it’s the reaction to T or if I have a virus although I have no temperature so i’m Thinking it’s more likely the T, I had mine Tuesday felt great Weds and Thurs and then have felt like absolute 💩 since Friday, aching, dry and sore throat headache can’t do anything much not even focus on TV or a book but so so bored!! I think it’s easing a tiny bit so hoping tomorrow will see an improvement, wishing you all the best 😘

I'm coping with the T it's this virus I've picked up, I suppose as immune system is shot to pieces it will take longer to shift at least got another week before next bloods are due, I've completely lost my voice so nice and quiet in my house 😅

Love Tracy x

Hi Tracey,  

i felt so so rough yesterday and paracetamols wasn't helping, still a bit rough today but hopefully tomorrow should see an improvement.  

I have heard your body has a memory and as This is a new treatment it might be rough but other ones should be fine  - fingers crossed.

how are you coping

love Tbird xx

Hi Tbird I just took paracetamol, how are you feeling ?
Tracy x

Hi Tracybev

Did you take any painkillers for that bus run over feeling.  If you did what did you take.

Love Tbird xxx

Hi Holeinone,

For me, the injection process wasn’t drawn out at all (apart from the week’s delay), but I’m not having herceptin etc. For me it was just an hour on the drip for the T, then a 10 minute drip of saline to flush it through my PICC line, then off home.

Ive felt surprisingly okay today, we’ve had my father in law round today replacing some tiles in the kitchen after we had a leak under the floor (nightmare), and I was able to sit in there and even help out a little bit with passing things to him, making cups of tea, etc. It makes a change - the day after FEC, I was it was a struggle for me to get out of bed to go to the toilet!

I’ll keep you posted with how I get on with the T over the coming days.

Re: nails - I’ve had the following advice from my hospital:

BCN said the chemo unit would recommend a particular gel nail polish (they didn’t)

Chemo unit said to just paint them black/dark

The “wig and well-being” shop in my hospital suggested cuticle oil.

What I’ve done is - a base coat of OPI “Nail Envy” nail hardener, a coat of black polish, and a coat of a dark grey (just because it looks a bit nicer than the black).  

And then I’m also rubbing my fingertips with OPI “Avoplex” cuticle oil and Nivea cream morning an evening, and topping them up with Lanolips balm when they feel dry any other time.

I’m squeamish about anything to do with nails breaking or falling off, so I’m desperate to try anything as long as it’s not too expensive. I went through a bit of nail polish phase last year so luckily, with the exception of the Lanolips, I had all this stuff to hand.

The Lanolips, I found via Liz Oriordan’s blog, not sure if the spelling is right - the breast surgeon who had Breast cancer. Its great for dry lips, dry fingers, etc - I’ll carry on using this even after treatment!

Phew, this post has turned into a bit of an essay 😂 

All the best to all of you! Xx

Hi ladies

Those of you now on T, thanks for posting your experiences, it's all useful. I start T this week and not looking forward to it, especially if it is rather drawn out.

Tracybev, sorry to hear you've had a virus, but good to know that the hospital dealt with you so swiftly.

Liloc, good to hear you are finally home, yay!

Pigeon, hope you are not feeling too drained at this point after your T, I also had bone pain on FEC so reading your experiences with interest.

Tbird, hope you get on OK with crochet, something I would love to do as I always gravitate towards gorgeous crocheted jackets and cardis. Think I need to find some classes and get myself enrolled. 

Mouth issues, I haven't had any major problems but wanted to try preventative methods. Not sure why I didn't think of this before but one of the oncologists I saw said to use bicarb if I had mouth problems, I've bought some baking soda toothpaste from a pound shop and am finding it much kinder to my mouth.

Anyone on T care to share their nail care plan? I'm still undecided as I hate nail varnish on my fingernails and also they are chemicals, which we are supposed to avoid. I'm just using cuticle oil and cream at present. FEC has caused no damage or change to my nails so far (it's just wrecked my stomach! Smiley Sad )

Keep going girls, we can do this! Heart  

Hi Pigeon, glad you managed to get #1 T done today, I was doing fine up until today had the "hit by a bus" on day 3 but by yesterday was feeling ok, woke up this morning will a really sore throat but normal temp but by lunchtime had spiked to 38 spoke to chemo hotline told to take myself off to a&e who were absolutely brilliant treated like a vip all investigations and treatment started within an hour the only wait was for bloods to come back which thankfully were all ok was told the platelet count was fantastic....those bloody injections are working 👍they even emailed the oncology team who popped down to make sure I was ok, so after iv abx was allowed home....no infection just a nasty virus 😲

Good luck to all who have or are about to start T

Stay strong ladies, take care of yourselves we can do this 😘

Tracy x

Hi everyone,

Finally got to have my first Docetaxel this afternoon after last week’s delay, my liver function went from 171 last week to 99 this week, (40 or below is normal) which although not perfect, I think is a pretty big improvement!  And of course good enough for the team to give the okay for treatment to go ahead, which is the main thing.

I did have to have a reduced dose at 80%, so hopefully the side effects will be a bit kinder. 🤞

Tracybev, how are you doing following your first T last Friday?

Sals and Tbird, by the sound of your experiences on T so far, I’m guessing I’ll start feeling rubbish and achy by Monday or so - day 4? Bit nervous about that “hit by a bus” feeling, but I know everyone is different so we shall see. That said, I did have bone aches even on FEC, so maybe like you said Tbird, it is more of a side effect of the filagrestim injections? Anyway, I’ve got he painkillers and bath salts at the ready. 💪

Tbird, speaking of chemo brain, I’ve just had an extra week of no chemo so you’d think my chemo brain would be improved, but it feels like mine is just getting worse and worse! I couldn’t remember what I had for lunch today 15 mins after I ate it! 🤪 

All the best, ladies, xx

Sals, I'm a bit like you aches starting to creep in, I have had a extra day on steroids (yesterday) and if I'm aching like this now I can only imagine what tomorrow will bring - my one remaining energy level has frazzled out today ha ha.  On the plus side chemo foggy brain is not too bad and so far no feeling of sickness.  Like you my chest is a bit tight and I feel so bloated but as you say probably the streiods.  I was wondering if the joint pain is from those littLe piskey injections we all love so much.  But anyway if this doesn't get worse then it's very do able.  Just to add I am very red so on antihistamine foR a few days.  It's nice to swop side effects.

Lilocci  I was so happy to hear you escaped Casa NHS and slept in your own bed, now rest and let people look after you.

im sitting here now waiting for Ken Bruce's pop quiz - I so rock and roll ha ha.  My friend is coming to visit on Monday to teach me how to croquet? I have nine grandchildren staring from age 18 to age 7, two of them will be going to uni this year so I want to make blankets for them all, I don't do things by halfs.

take care ladies 

Love Tbird xx

Tbird, how are you feeling? I have woken up this morning aching from head to toe feeling like I have the flu but I think that is the ‘ you might feel like you have been run over by a bus’ effect the nurses told me about!
Sals

Hi there, finally at home, got my 24hrs below 37.5 (without the ice cream trickery 🍨, OH said he didn’t want a message that I was in the morgue with a temperature of -5C). Sooooo happy to be back, couldn’t sleep very well there with all the antibiotics drips through the night and blood tests even at 5am! Exhausted but so looking forward to being in my own bed. They never found a cause for the fever 🤷‍♀️.
Was booked in to do a Reiki session as part of the complementary therapy offering tomorrow. Intrigued to do it as I don’t know anything about it but can’t face going back up to the hospital right away so have postponed for now.
T sessions certainly sound long! Was downloading episodes of comedy series from Amazon Prime onto my phone in hospital, so I must remember to get a few in reserve (need to free up some phone space though).
Right, resolution now is to stay healthy for a week til my last EC on the 17th. Not great shakes in terms of new year’s resolutions but little steps...
Thanks for all your good wishes x

Hi All,
Now first thing is i’m Typing without glasses as I left them at home so maybe several typos! I had my first T on Tuesday, and was similarly surprised and a little frustrated by the time it took - same thing I had my targeted herceptin over an hour and a half then a flush then more saline and anti allergy then finally the dovetail again over and hour and a half then another flush or something like that! Anyway it was continuous administration of drugs for 6 hours - arghhhh!
So I didn’t have to go over 2 days but next time I will take more entertainment! I have to say I feel much better than after FEC in fact because of the high reactivity of theses you have so many steroids i’m buzzing about, cleaning, cooking, dog walk yoga but they are finished today and I am sure I will come crashing down soon. I do feel very bloated and my chest is tight but I think this is more how the steroids affect me than the chemo!
Lilocci hope you recover ASAP but just relax and go with the flo
It’s all you can do 😘 Tbird hope you are feeling ok after your 2nd session, love and strength to all - we are getting there 2 to go for me although I have to have the herceptin every 3 weeks after I finish for15 more sessions!
Take good care and be kind to yourselves there is a good book called mindfulness that is worth a read 💕

Hi Holeinone

the reason I had to have it in 2 days was because the first targeted drug I had Took an hour then I had to be observed for 4 hrs to make sure I didn't have side effects after that the 2nd targeted drug took an hour then I had to be observed for another hour for side effects.  I didn't know until then I had to go back today - apparently they don't like to give you the chemo until the next day so if you get side effects they will know which drug caused it - for number 5 +6 I will have both targeted drugs and chemo on same day as I didn't have any bad side effects.

i wasn't offered ice mitts or given any advice about uv lights, I think I might give breast care nurse and see what they advise (thanks for the tip).

hope everyone stays well

love Tbird xx

Well said Tbird, we are all behind you Liloc, enjoy that ice cream and fingers crossed for 24 hours at normal temperature Heart

Tbird, absolutely no shame in having a little emotional release, I think we all need to do it every now and then during this treatment, just to stop us boiling over!  Congratulations on getting through your first T, although I'm anxious to know why it took 2 days? Were you offered any of those ice mitts or were any suggestions made for dealing with side effects at all?  I hate painting my fingernails but am thinking about it, I understand the damage is done due to UV exposure after having T, and as I always forget gloves in Winter I might just paint my nails to stop the light getting at them.

Keep strong November ladies xx

Lilco

so sorry you're still in Casa NHS, don't save your ice cream eat it and enjoy.  It's so frustrating but you are in the best place ( I bet you're so fed up of cliches).  

Try  and enjoy your private room and the peace and quite and try not to get too down we are all rooting for you and sending hugs and positive vibes.

Love Tbird xx

Well done on getting through your first T, Tbird, we’re all hoping the SEs are much less dibilitating than FEC/EC. 🤞
Still in hospital as I had a temperature spike last night so didn’t get my 24hrs clear 😡. Having vanilla ice cream for tea, wondering if I should keep some in reserve for just before my temperature’s taken...😂

Hi Ladies

i hope everyone is keeping well.  

I have just just finished my 4th treatment which was my first T.  My T consisted of Pertuzumab, trastuzmab which are targeted drugs and docetaxel which is a chemotherapy drug.  I had to have them over 2 days which was a bit tiring but no 5 and 6 will all be done on the same day fingers crossed.  Apparently if you don't get side effects whilst it been adminastrated then side effect shouldn't be much - just them little blasted injections which get you (oh the pain) but watch this space and I'll let you know.

to be fair though I did have a major melt down yesterday morning and sobbed like a lass but it was just the fear of the Unknown all over again but apart from the length of time it took it has been fine (let's hope I haven't spoke too soon).

love Tbird xx

Liloc, oh my goodness!

Are you out of hospital yet? At least they are sorting you out and I hope you feel much better soon.  

Hi all, caught up with your posts after being out of action for a few days, sorry to hear of postponements and delays to next rounds. I’ve been struggling to get through round 3 of EC which I had on the 27th. Last two I was over the nausea and exhaustion by Day 10, this time I just couldn’t get out of my hole. Then on Sunday I started sniffling and shivering by the afternoon and went into A&E in the evening. Wow, the 11pm to 6am shift was like a war zone in there, goodness knows on a Saturday night! Really admire the staff for what they have to deal with. Anyway, they kept me in as neutropenic (white blood cells had given up the fight and packed their bags for the Caribbean) and been here since. Temperature ok today but they don’t want to let me out until it’s been stable for 24hrs which I’m not going to argue with as the last thing I want to to go home and do the whole A&E experience from scratch. Have also got an upset stomach now but think that might be a reaction to the antibiotics. Hoping it’s not another spanner in the works. Got my own en suite room with a lovely view so not all bad being in isolation 😁😷🧤. OH spent two hours here yesterday with his mask on back to front. Hoping to go home tomorrow🤞.

Hmdhelen, thank you, looks just the joband good reviews too! 

I'm hating my wig at present, the ends feel frizzy and dry, they don't look it thankfully. Thinking of changing my forum name to Mrs Frizzywig Smiley LOL (apologies to Charles Dickens!) 

Apologies, I'm about to have another moan. I've just been to see the oncologist, it was a different one, this is the third different oncologist I've seen in four meetings, I'm a bit fed up!  This one informed me that T is highly toxic and I must take the massive amount of steriods I've been given as I questioned the dose. I did stupidly tell him that I had a constantly grumbly stomach due to the steroids and he said "why do you think it's the steroids?" because the last oncologist suggested it might be!!! He told me to add Gaviscon to the meds I've already been given. I didn't want to ask any more questions so we just left,.

Can't wait for next week now and the "highly toxic" T Smiley Sad 

Re: hats, I've got this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/LILYSILK-Womens-Sleeing-Bonnet-Mulberry/dp/B012ER5I6M/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qi.... It's great - really comfortable, warm etc.

Ah my oncologist said the red one is a nasty one and can cause a problem with the veins when I said I had some arm pain. Glad to hear it’s so far so good for you. I’ve had my steroids today so will probably be up all night 😬

Tbird, looks like you are paving the way with your T this Tuesday, good luck with that and I hope everything goes well (and you have nothing but good things to share!!). 

Kateday, I'm with you, I've also had trouble on FEC, not much respite from SE's and feeling constantly ill, oh and the bleeping constipation!!!! Since the last round I've been dragging myself around the house and keep feeling faint, I'm guessing my bloods will not be great this time Smiley Sad 

I also have the sore arm, I did have very prominent veins in the elbow joint on both arms but the one on my chemo arm has disappeared to be replaced with a bruisy coloured patch, hope it returns Smiley Sad Can't fully straighten my arm now either and it's the one I use the most. Had a fair amount of discomfort in my arm following the second round of FEC, but round three was much less painful. I'm now finished with FEC, so if it is the E causing the vein problems (thanks for the info there tracybev!), I'm hoping for arm and vein recovery from now on (now drinking extra water all the time to assist with vein recovery Smiley Wink ).

I've had a rough weekend following my last FEC on 27th, very spacey and lethargic. Still having the occasional stomach gurgles and plenty of wind, but appetite back to near normal so I'm thankful for that. 

My wig has had a wash, I was quite anxious until it had dried that I may have killed it and would have to go around with a frazzled lump of nylon on my head, but it turned out fine. The ends feel horrible though, might have to give it a condition on the ends only. 

I may need to treat myself to a new sleep hat, has anyone purchased a nice silk one, and if so are they any good?

Oh, and does anyone know when hair regrowth starts, I've heard it can start on T so I'm hopeful of some stubble by the end of January, fingers crossed. 

Hi Sals I'm still doing ok since starting T on Friday, no nausea actually forgot to take any anti sickness tabs as haven't needed them !! Although I think SE tend to kick in on the 3rd day mainly joint and bone pain....😱😱...will see how I am tomorrow !!

it's the injections that I have the problem with have a really full uncomfortable feeling above my ribs have been given lansoprazole and gaviscon which doesn't seem to help much.

I also have pain along my arm, the nurse looked at it on Friday and said that it's cording of the vein and it's from the E chemo ( the red one !)

Thanks Tbird and kitkat, i’ve not got any redness just a weird aching sensation and a bruised feeling but no visible bruising, the thought of a needle being inserted in this arm is making me feel nauseous! Problem is my other arm is the one where I had the mastectomy and lymph nodes removed so it’s not recommended to be used🤷‍♀️ Will have to wait and see what the nurses say.
Good luck Tbird for Tuesday I guess you have the steroids at the ready for tomorrow 😬 tracybev how are you doing since T on Friday?
Highlighted

Hi Sals, I have also had arm pain since my 3rd dose. Not at the cannulea site but mid forearm that went up to the bicep but it is easing after nearly 3 weeks. If it is red and swollen it should be checked cos yes it can be phlebitis or possibly a clot. Mine I think is cording as the vein seems to have shortened. Fortunately my other arm is still usable but it doesn’t bleed well, but will have to try that this time x

Hi sals

i had pain in my hand and forearm from the chemo starting in cannula site, I told doctors about it on several occasions I even went to assement unit because the pain was getting that bad.  I saw my oncologist Friday who said it was Phlebitis and told me to use ibuleve gel which I have and am now getting some relief from the pain.  I am also having a PICC line inserted tomorrow (so nervous) for the rest of my chemo treatments because my vein is that sore.  Sals ask your chemo nurse to use your other hand this time then ask your oncologist to refer you for a PICC line.

i am starting T on Tuesday and am so scared of the Unknown SE's again 😰😱 

Love Tbird xx

Hi everyone, can I ask, does anyone who is having their chemo through a cannula have any pain in their arm? I have had some pain that feels like bruising since my last sessio I thought it would wear off but it seems to be getting worse, i’ve got my next session on Tuesday and I really don’t feel like my arm will be able to take it! Just wondering if anyone has had any similar experience?
Thanks
Sals