Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May chemo starters 2018

896 REPLIES 896

Re: May chemo starters 2018

Thanks Linda and Leanne

Sue

Hi sue my hair has come back thick and fast and I have not used anything. I shaved it after I finished chemo as it started coming back very fine like baby hair but since shaving it it’s come back dark and thick. Hope that helps. I was looking at products but haven’t needed them. Xx

Tanya sorry to hear that.
SB i use Palmers or any coconut oil and biotin tablets. I have also got the red dot shampoo from Lush. I hear black Jamaican castor oil is good too and rosemary oil but not sure if rosemary oil has oestrogen in it so I havn't used it but you can rub it in your hair and leave it in. I think you put the castor oil in 20 mins before washing it. Hope that helps. I had my hair cut 3 weeks ago but used the cold cap although lost alot at the top. Love Linda . x

Hello May Ladies

I'm from the August thread and I've just finished my chemo treatment. My hair is just starting to come back and I've been wondering if it's worth while investing in a hair growth product. Given you are further ahead than me on this path I was hoping you could share thoughts, tips or experience on this topic.

Many thanks in anticipation,

Sue xx

Tanya not sure I can anything that Shi, Jo and Leanne haven’t said. Sending huge hugs to you and praying for you both.
I’ve not been on forum for a while but will now keep on here- please post.
Keep going on your rads- nearly there.
Xx

Tanya that is such sad news. Look after yourselves and be strong 💪. Sending best wishes and positivity your way xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Tanya ❤️❤️❤️❤️👭👭👭💪💪💪💪💪I’m lost for words at that shocking news about your husband, as jo said, I hope you’ve family and friends to help and listen and support in any way you need them to, you know you have all us on here as much as you need darling 👭👭👭I’ll keep you in my prayers 🙏🙏❤️❤️Shi xx

Tanya ... sending all my love to you and your husband . You have no other choice but to carry on but as its your second body blow of the year I cannot imagine how hard it must be . Even harder as you are coming to what must be the end of your treatment? As hard as it is dont lose sight of your own care and health ...have you help from family or friends who can help out.? I think you are right about taking each day as it comes and try to find a bit of sunshine in each day ..thinking of you xx

Hi everyone it's been a while since I was last on here but things have been really hard. One week into my radiotherapy my husband was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer and is now on his second chemotherapy and coping ok at the moment. I can't believe what has happened to us this year to both have been diagnosed with cancer in the same year. We take each day as it comes but this is the hand we have been dealt and will fight it all the way together. I'm sending love to all you ladies and hope everyone is doing ok xx

I guess normal for me again is perhaps a little distant .. maybe a new normal ? . I am always better week 3 after heceptin injection after stomach problems settle . I have tried to do a bit more walking this week . 10k steps yesterday and today cooking sundays lunch in my pjs so definitely an up and down in terms of energy . Have lots of naps too and lie ins . Starting radiotherapy in few weeks and would like to start bck at school before Christmas for a couple of weeks . A lot is about eating well and drinking fluids to stay hydrated. My body says no ..lets do comfort food biscuits and tea ☕️!! X

Ellen I feel drained too now and had 7 cycles plus surgery nearly 2 weeks ago. I still am taking laxatives and my mouth is salty causing a sickly feeling. I think both my OH and me are the same so it's probably psychological too and just hit us. I don't even know if I can get to my appointment tomorrow to have picc line flushed/removed atm. I did manage a walk yesterday and went food shopping but had to go back to the car while my OH finished off shopping.
Jo are you feeling the same or are you back to normal now?
All the best,
Linda

Pleased for you Linda x

Just to say that the chemo left 1 in 10 cells alive so my response was good. Only 1 in 10 get a complete pathological response. I got clear margins after my op. The size was 42 mm and so didn't change much but it changed as was not as hrad. Elated! Nice to share success with all on the forum. Thanks for everyone's support. Makes the last 6 months or so worthwhile! Radio next. Got appointment on 4th December which seems a long way off. X
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Ellen if you pm mai7 she could help with the 8 chemo question 😘😘 she did 8. Have you got your things ready for op? Lip balm, hand cream, button front pyjamas a pair of sliders to walk in at hospital? You could use the someone like me bcc option if you want to speak to someone if you need to who’s been through same operation, just a though if you need extra 👭💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Wow - I really handled all sessions of chemo quite well but now that I've finished number 8 two weeks ago, I really feel exhausted... has anybody else had this problem?  I did hear that the 8th is the worst, but maybe it's just psychological as it's the end?  I am trying to rest every afternoon so hopefully this will pay off.

Would love to hear from others that have noticed that the last one was the hardest - I guess it's the accumulation of all?

I have my double mastectomy date set for 13th November - scary monsters but I'll get through it, I guess....

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Linda, bum tips, plenty of anosol and also speak to your unit and let them know, they might prescribe something that’ll get thing settling. 👍💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Ok i still have a salty taste nearly 8 weeks post chemo. I was feeling sick prior to sugery in the mornings too and still am sometimes. I thought it was due to my gums bleeding but i don't think it is now. I am trying to drink lots of water.
Also i have been taking laxatives on and off due to pain when going to the loo.
Any advice? Ta.
Ps. Off painkillers now but feinted yesterday when i had my picc flushed. I am quite squeamish and they tested my temperatue, oxygen saturation using thing on finger, blood pressure and if diabetic and all were ok eventually. They were checking my wounds as thought that was sensible while there although not necessary as being checked on Thursday. X
Community Champion

Linda

Click on the link below it should take you to it.

https://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Recovering-from-treatment/Club-Tropicana-Pull-Up-A-Chair-an...

helena xxx

Wheres the Tropicaa thread? Ta
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi tropical 😘😘 well done on finishing rads, still pace yourself and keep fluids up 👍👍 get your bum onto club Tropicana thread ❤️❤️ And keep in touch. Everyone on every thread are stars, everyone is 💪💪💪and amazing and then we have double stars like Jill who can get the threads fixed when they go wrong, Jill’s amazing and a very kind cc with a lot of knowledge a double, triple star ⭐️ 💫 🌟 seconding tropicala big ❤️❤️❤️To everyone hope you are all doing ok 💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Hi all, just thought I would check back in here as have been on the FB page a little more but wanted to say hello to Lovely Shi and see how anyone who isn't on the FB group is doing.💜

I finished he'd radiotherapy on Friday and don't feel too bad. A little redness developing so putting lots of E45 cream on. Radio was way easier than chemo, just a bit of a pain going every day.

Trying to look forward a bit now, although still have Herceptin and permuzutab infusions until next year so lots to come with hormones.

Hope all goes well this week for you all. Shi, you're a star on this group ⭐️

Tropic_al x

Community Champion

Spooky goings on !!! I will e mail mods again .

Jill the November surgery thread has disappeared too.

Yes thanks Jill.
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Jill you are a superstar, thank you very much for contacting the moderators and helping the ladies on this thread with everything ❤️❤️❤️You are wonderful. 💕💕✨✨Shi xx
Community Champion

It's back .
Community Champion

I have e mailed moderators .
Community Champion

How strange !! I will message the moderators .

It has disappeared Jill.
Community Champion

Hi ,was there an October surgery thread that has now disappeared or just not one been started as yet ? Anyone can start it up - or I can do that if you want ?
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Lina, I’ve asked for help in cc thread for you regarding October surgery thread, hope the moderators can get it working for everyone soon. ❤️❤️Take it steady darling and do what’s right for you. I think keeping my post op bra on was more of a comfort blanket thing for me if you know what I mean. You are doing 💪💪💪💪great 😘😘😘💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Shi the October surgery thread has not returned. Can you mention it please as just had op and cant work out how to send a message re this. Ta. Thanks for tips re surgery as were helpful. Not been told to wear a bra although can try to see if a bra is comfy. 

I do get your messages Linda, but I couldn't find you on FB Smiley Sad

Ellen Fraser - I live in Vienna - my photo is a side shot with shoulder length hair (obviously old picture) and the other photo is with my husband in ski gear.... Hope you are able to find me as I wasn't able to find Linda Smiley Sad

Ellen,

Please advise your FB profile photo details so either Deborah or I will find you.Are you set up to get messages on the forum? 

Linda

Hiya,

Unfortunately I didn't get a message from you Smiley Sad  Would you mind sending it again - ellenfraser1@gmail.com

Thanks a lot,

Ellen

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi, oh dear we are a bunch of old crocs aren't we!  Oh well at least i know its normal, I walked about 10 minutes to the hospital today and my calves and thighs felt like I had done a hike... hope it passes eventually.

Thanks for your input though.

Kip

xx

Hi Kip
Before chemo I used to sit on the sofa with my feet tucked under, I can’t do this any more. My knees and ankles ache and my hips are stiff when standing. I know I need to get out and do some gentle exercise and I’m hoping that will help.
Jacq x

Ellen
I’ve just sent you a private message. Look forward to hearing from you.
Love Jem x

I have achy thighs and bottom too which started after the last chemo no.7 and feel 90! I also am cold alot and a second nail fell off yesterday. My teeth also bleed alot and weeks ago my bloods were low but i assume they are ok now following blood test 5 weeks 2 days after last chemo!
Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi JemPD, thanks for the reply, glad to hear I'm not the only one!   Unfortunately treatment not finished yet... I had a masectomy in May, then the chemo and am scheduled for a node clearance on 23rd Oct followed by radiotherapy so still have a way to go, but nothing can be as bad as chemo can it?   Would be glad to hear how you get on with the achyness, its definately something I wasn't expecting.  I feel like I have done a huge workout, without actually doing the workout!   My calf muscles ache, my thigh muscles ache too and if I squat down I can get up but boy does it hurt.... everyone thinks because I've finished chemo I must be bouncing around.. far from it.. but I'm still here so thats a bonus!

Kip

x

Hi Kip

congratulations on finishing chemo - it's a great feeling to have finished but then we are left with these horrid lingering side effects. How good is it taste and enjoy food once more 😀

i finished 6 weeks ago and then had radiotherapy (finished this on Friday), so today is my first week day without treatments/worries of op or wondering which se are going to appear today for 8 months - a strange but great day.

like you I have suffered from terrible achy legs - climbing stairs is still hard work, I'm ok walking on the flat, also suffer with restless legs. My oncologist 6 weeks ago said this was a normal side effect.  Sorry you're suffering too but It is good to know I'm not the only one.  After speaking to the physio at the 'moving on course'  she recommended that I ask for a phyio assessment, to ensure I was helping my recovery rather than hindering it. Going to email my oncologist today.

I'll pop onto the June thread and let you know any outcomes and ways forward.

Is that you finished with active treatment?

have a good day.

Jem xx

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello May chemo ladies, sorry to hijack your thread.  I'm from the June chemo page and have finished my FEC-T 3 weeks ago today.  Just wanted to ask a question.  Since finishing chemo (the last week or so) although I feel great in myself, taste back etc... my legs, back, bottom and feet and arms really ache, I have such restless legs in bed at night and have to toss and turn to get comfy only to feel really stiff again.   Even walking makes me feel like I've done 10 miles.. is this a normal SE from chemo?  I feel like 100 sometimes.. I'm much better once I'm up and moving but just ache and feel old...

Thanks

Kip

xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Jacqb, hope you phoned up and got everything sorted darling ❤️❤️Please let us know you are ok 💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx
ktk

Hi Jacq. Chin up!! Ring your BCN first thing and get it looked at. I am sure they will get it sorted in time for you to start chemo. Sending you a big hug this morning Kxxx

And apparently, I’ve lost the ability to type! 😬

Feeling a bit dispondent this morning. My axilary scar has opened up a little, I think under pressure from the seroma. The skin hasn’t broken but it is weepy and there’s a seperatiin of the scar under the skin. I can’t imagine it will heal up again in time for my chemo on the 24th which means another delay. If anyone has any tips on healing I would be very grateful.
Jacq x

Shi,
Will have a look in m and s.
I am using aveeno it I also have an aloe Vera based cream to use as well
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Linda, just treat yourself you deserve it ❤️❤️You should all be treating yourselves to what ever you want 😘😘 have a big blow out in London as a thread when you all meet up, us oct17 girls did, we had weekend 😁😁 you’ll enjoy planning it and meeting each other ❤️❤️❤️💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

OH IS still looking for accommodation on Friday night Shi. Will book somewhere to mod. It's expensive in Surrey due to golf so may stay near Bath on way home. Maybe find somewhere for us to meet up!