61146members
322351posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May chemo starters 2018

Re: May chemo starters 2018

I have got 34f but will use an expander or exchange if need bi. Did you have an op to the other boob Shi? Dont they give you one when you have op?i am having op at a different hospital as I trasferred the surgery so not sure who is responsible for the fillet. I can ask where i live and see what they say maybe. I have 1 knitted knocker and i think you can buy fillets locally.
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Linda front fastening zip bras m&s with a racer back perfect for after op go up a size or 3 I am a 36 but had a 40 because you’ll be a bit swollen get a 36 or 38f I had therapeutic mammopkasty to one side too and that worked for me. Also see the Breast nurses and get appointment for your half a chicken fillet to put in bra and level you up for after op too and m&s do pretty bras with fillet holders and take vat off too. Hope that helps 💕💕✨✨Shi xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Kris yes I was offered test because of age and family history. I know some ladies on here have had to make a bit of a song and dance to get the test, lay it in thick till you get one it’ll give you peace of mind when you have it. I know none of us like to make a fuss, but we have to are you are a 💪💪💪lady so don’t take no for an answer, if that means crying or whatever you need to do to get the test do it. 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Went to see the surgeon yesterday and so have a date for surgery. I need to get some rear fastening sports bras but as I am only having a therepeutic mammoplasty on one side not sure what size to get. I wear 34F at the mo. Any suggestions? Its my birthday today too so am off work!
7 days to go until last chemo!
Hope all ok.x
ktk

Hi Shi and Jencat. I am TN and although I’ve sdked about genetic testing I don’t think it will happen. Did your oncologist offer it to you? Kx

Hi Tropic_al, I'm from the Oct thread like Shi. I was also offered genetic testing as I'm TN. I decided to do it when it was offered as like Shi said, if my bc was caused by a genetic problem I could do something about it and also I have two daughter's and female relatives, so I felt I needed to find out for them. (After ten weeks waiting for the results, I found out that I didn't have a faulty gene) x

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Tropical, I’ve been tested for brca, it was a no brainer for me as a Tn, I wanted to know and then if necessary do all I needed to do to live. It’s another hurdle on a the journey but one that you will 💪💪💪get through beautiful 💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Hi Tropic_al hope you have had a relaxing afternoon. I would be interested to know how you get on re genetics testing- after being in touch with very close relative found out they have had bc too- trying not to think about yet, get over treatment and all clear, build my strength up & then investigate I think.
Tanya- thanks for anti histamine thought- I usually take for hay fever & hadn’t for a few days - rash on hands and face very pale now 😊. How are you doing post chemo? Oh that’s such a good thing to write😊🎉.. hope se have been good to you.
I’m having a good week 3- walked 12km yesterday, bikes rides each day - that almost normal feeling. But finding my muscles ache and I’m not as strong as I was but looking forward to ringing the bell next Tuesday and building strength up.
Herts- are you OK? Not heard from you post chemo.
Jacq- hope wig survived washing-‘ Audrey’ being washed on Monday, again grown quite attached as she gives me confidence to go out.
Greece is in reach of us all- cocktails all round 🍸xx

Hi Tracey Mac

Glad you're feeling better..l am day 12 and also felt much better this time, think the cooler weather helped also. My aches were early on and less mouth issues. Feeling a big down and less lively today so going to have a bit of time out I front of a film this afternoon or with a book..don't want things to go wrong. 

Cant wait to get the last one over with personally..move onto the next challenge!

Hope everyone else is ok today.

ive been to see the genetic department to talk about testing. I guess I need to know and then maybe have decisions to make. Have others been for testing?

Tropic_al x

Hope everyone is doing okay, we seem to be quiet over the weekend.
I am day 6, second T and I am (Fingers crossed 🤞) suffering less SE this cycle. I did decrease steroids more gradually this time on the advice of my chemo nurse and I have been taking regular pain relief instead of waiting for pain to start. My mouth issues are not peasant but I definitely have less bone pain and general aches. I feel fatigue and weakness but it seems more manageable.
Hoping I haven't spoke too soon but i do believe some other ladies experienced this too on the docetaxol.

Hi all,

Just checking in..some of you have been busy on here.

Tanya and Hets..congrats on finishing chemo..looking forward to it myself. Hets, hope you feel better about the way it's happened now.

Hope that everyone who's been feeling ill of a little low over the weekend is on the mend now ❤️

I've been feeling ok this time so hopefully that continues into the last cycle in September. Have ventured out and about a bit over the weekend  and spent time in the garden and will aim for a good walk today as yesterday was so cold and miserable.😊

Nothing too much to report here, which I'm definitely taking as a good thing for once and keeping my fingers crossed that it continues that way.

Enjoy the remainder of the bank holiday everyone xx

@jempd hi I had a rash on my first T and was told it was a delayed reaction, it was all around my neck and hands under my chin and around my eyes and itched like mad I was told to take an antihistamine every day and to continue all the way through it cleared up within a few days and touch wood has never come back. Hope that helps a bit . Xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Jem sorry to hear you’ve rash, it can happen think some of the Chemo ladies last year had it, just ring the rapid response to be sure all ok darling, it’s all about keeping safe which you’ve all been brilliant at along with you all keeping 🤪😁🤪😁🤪😁 well done with gcse results 👍👍👍excellent news, hi jay68 😘😘jay68 was one of the amazing 💪💪💪beautiful may17 thread who got us oct17 thread through chemo, rads safely ❤️❤️Love you jay. Well ladies airport lounge filling up nicely with all the 🛎 ringers 👍👍👍 😁😁😁time to get your creams for rads and bits and bobs for ops 👍👍👍 keep focused, club Tropicana thread is just down the road now ❤️❤️❤️💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Hi Jem,

Day 4 for me and have the mouth coating and fatigue so having a rainy Pyjama day. Not had a rash so can't help you there. I am sure someone can relate and give you some advice. Xx

All quiet on here! Hope this means everyone OK. I'm feeling so much better.  A quick question - anyone on the dreaded docetaxel come out with a rash on their face? I have a rash on my hands again but now on my face- under the skin red rash - even the green make up doesn't hide it. Doesn't itch or hurt just looks awful.

jem x

Tanya well done you, you've crossed the finish line and made it to Greece😎🛎🎉 hope se are minimal over next 10 days.

Herts you too congratulations on crossing the line and making it to Greece 🎉😎- hope you are ok with the decision, was chatting to my nurse at PICC line flush today and her thought was the current thinking 4 cycles are all that's needed. Hope you can celebrate- just think - no more side effects 😀

Joandbasilthedog - well done on venturing out. I know what you mean about celebrating- earlier last week a friend was trying to be helpful saying in 15 days it will all be finished, all I could think was I've got to go through all this again😥😥.

Sarah - hope tomorrow you will be over the worst of the horrid horrid se- keep focussed on no more😀

Tracey - hope se ok

Well done to all who's children had gcse results yesterday - how amazing and resilient are our children😀

Yesterday was first day feeling OK. Somehow managed children having friends over in the pool and packing for us all. Now in sunny warm Somerset - not! Raining and blowing a gale😥

Big hugs to you all xx

Does anyone know how long after chemo ends surgery is done at the Royal Marsden in Sutton? Many thanks.
Community Champion

Hi Ladies

I've been popping into your forum from day 1 - I'm particularly interested as I am a warrior from May 2017 group.

I just want to say well done and congratulations to ladies who have completed their chemo journey today in particular - a year ago today that was me! 

Good luck to others yet to finish  -  Jay68 xx

Hi Tracy there are a few around but as you go into main entrance there is a bell in there by the entrance on the right by the main doors not long now for u now xxx ring it loud and proud Hun ❤️

Well I have broken out over the prison fence and managed to see the outside world . Although with a horrible taste still but getting towards that third ‘good’ week . Sarah , I have lost count of the people who say Last chemo coming up ! And then think I will be partying .. As you say got to get the sideeffects out the way first !! ..
Hets .. Weird feeling for you but I am assuming the docs have made the decision for the best and safe reasons . Now you need to concentrate on getting better and though you might not have jumped over the last hurdle you have definitely finished this race 🥇!! I too had a teen yesterday with amazing gcses and I had though I had ruined it for her when diagnosed in April and starting chemo on the same day she had an exam .. They surprise you 💕
Tanya , You have finished .. well done 👍🛎🛎🎉heads down for se and push through
So hope everyone has good bank hol weekend , tracey, linda , Michele, jacq, Tropic , Kip..and everyone else .. Jem finally hope weather is good in Somerset and enjoy your 3rd week hope you can relax ( even with kids) xx

Congratulations Tanya on your last chemo, I was thinking of you when in was there yesterday. I cant stop falling asleep today.
Where is The bell located, I haven't seen it al all?
I will need it in 3 weeks time.

Manuka honey, green vegetables, fruit juice all worked for me when my neuts were low!

Hello ladies x well done Sarah for finishing chemo. Today I crossed the finish line too, NO MORE CHEMO all went well straight in plus had an early appointment as it was my last. Got to ring the bell and photos too, now three weeks break before rads. So sorry to hear that some of you lovely ladies are having a rough time with the side effects I am so lucky that I have stayed away from hospital throughout my treatment. Wishing everyone one a speedy recovery and just remember the finishing line is getting closer xx

Oh I meant to say I had surgery a week ago and have enjoyed the post surgery tips you’ve all been giving, especially the swimming one! Thanks everyone x

I know it is difficult to push yourself escpecially when you don’t feel well, do what you can hopefully it will help x

Thanks Michelle
I definitely need to get out and walk more. I know I would feel better after, but I haven’t had the energy. Need to push myself.
😊

Hi Jaqb sorry to hear you have a bad cough and cold. I walk a lot and have read how this boosts immunity and can even reduce risk of infection after surgery. I also drink echinacea and elderberry tea, I don’t know if if helps but it tastes nice! Hope you feel better soon x

Hi ladies
So I’ve just washed my wig (dead cat) for the first time. I’ve been putting it off as I’ve grown quite attached to it and was nervous about it getting it all tangled. I Added fabric conditioner to the final rinse so I will be jasmine and orchid blossom scented!
Fingers crossed that my dead cat dries ok!
Jacq x

I’m Currently battling a nasty cold and chesty cough, my surgery is in nine days time and I really hope I’m over this bug well before then. I was checked out at hospital yesterday but as it’s a virus there’s nothing they can do but advise rest. Does anyone here know any immune boosting supplements? All suggestions gratefully accepted.
Jacq x

Hi Kip
My oncologist agreed to a reduction of 10% for docetaxel, that and the filgrastim injections kept me out of hospital for the last dose. Hope yours can come up with a plan to keep you at home. Great news about your son’s exam results, just got to love that warm fuzzy feeling when your kids make you proud 😊
Jacq x
Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Well done Sarah for finishing chemo!!! Ive watched your posts since you began, youve inspired me to go through this! Now stuck in hosp with neutopenia but youve made me smile... Flippin T 😡

Aww, Hets, I don't know what to say.
Great that it's over but maybe not the way you wanted it to end.

I'm day 5 after my last chemo and after the euphoria of finishing got plunged into the side effects I'd sort of glossed over in my head.

Bone pain and and a sljmy feeling mouth with dulled taste have marred the last two days for me, and I've really struggled to sleep at night due to feeling whacked and resting in the day.

Docetaxol certainly ends with a sting in its tail!

Sarah x

Less severe se even!
Highlighted

Mixed feelings Hets I am sure but you are finished with the poison, let's celebrate that. Great success for your daughter too.
I just returned from 5th chemo so one more to go and fingers crossed for less sever we this time.
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hets many congratulations to your daughter too for brilliant gcse result 👍👍👍💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

👍👍tropical about exercises post op, don’t do too much too soon, get some sticky dots so you can mark your daily progress up the door and door frame, give you indication how well you are doing daily and make you 😁😁because you can see daily progress 🤪🤪🤪🤪💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻Keep going girls that 2 in airport lounge getting the round in now. 🎉🎉🎉🎉✅✅✅🎉🎉🛎🛎🛎🛎Herts well done beautiful you’ve completed chemo too 😘😘😘😘💕💕💕✨✨✨✨Shi xx

Been to see onc this morning (plus still feeling v nauseous and a bit dizzy). Long story but he’s stopped my chemo so no cycle 6 - risks with clot, passing out, hip pain etc have become too high. I’m struggling with it but will come to terms with it over the next couple of days. I does mean without realising it I’m at the end of this phase and fingers crossed no more (already have a prescription for tamoxifen!). I also have an MRI scan on my hip and local next week to remove the port. All too overwhelming. But on the positive side my daughter got fantastic GCSE results - kids really do keep u going don’t they! X

Hi all

Hope you're all feeling ok today. Don't want to tempt fate today on day 7 but haven't been to A&E this cycle yet! Had a few days of aches, particularly lower back and around hips but have felt much better than on the first T cycle in general...maybe the cooler weather has helped too as sleeping a big better, though last night wasn't amazing as was so hot in our house.

Hopefully as people have said the first T cycle is the worst. Food is tasting a bit strange over these days so not particularly enjoying it again but feeling less sicky with bile in mouth and my mouth isn't so sore. Maybe the omeprazole is helping there...thought that one more drug wouldn't hurt! 

Thanks for your constant support and advice Shi ❤️

My advice for after your op is to get active and do your exercises every day, lots, then you'll get the movement back in good time. I have several Physio friends so was pushed to make sure I kept them up. It worked though and I had good movement quickly. 

We're all all doing so well and I can see Greece on the horizon now.

Hope your last cycle is going well Sarah..you're leading us in 😊

Tropic x

Thanks Jem,
Have a lovely time in Somerset 😉🌞

Morning Tracey

Hope all goes as well as it can today, another 1 ✅

Xx

Hets, Leanne, Linda, Tropic, hope you are all feeling better than earlier this week.
Tanya, I am in Velindre for my 2nd T this afternoon. Managed 2.5 hours sleep after 16mg of the lovely dexamethosone even though i take my 2nd dose no later than 1pm. Good luck with your last one on Friday.
We are all getting closer to the finish line so get packing for Greece 🤜🇬🇷🌞 we can do this.

Herts - so pleased you are feeling a little better today 😊. Me too 😊bone pain gone- meds reduces drastically, still have the horrid metal mouth but feeling a little more ‘me’ like - was beginning to think the whole cycle would be rubbish.
Hope se are starting to diminish for others- back to the 1 day at a time.
We’re off on hols to Somerset on Friday morning/ not even done the washing 😖- but after a better day somehow will be ready.
Jem xx

Slightly better day here - no energy and some nausea but everything’s relative!

@leanne I hope no further setbacks, and the SE’s are being managed.

Op tips from me (v basic one) - take the advice from hospital and drink plenty of fluids and lots of carbs in the 48 hours before. For me I wish I had turned down codeine in the first 48 hours because of constipation complications. And one for further down the line but a friend started swimming 4 weeks after DMX and node clearance and after 4 sessions the pain/stiffness under her arm had gone. Xxx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Sarah 🛎🛎🛎🛎🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻👍👍👍👍👍👍🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪whoop, whooppp we’ll done, so you’ll be getting the round in the airport lounge for rest of the ladies, Leanne, glad to hear you are home now catch up on the 💤 nearly there everyone, 🚌 ready for ops ✅ 🚌 ready for rads ✅ ops ladies, front fasteners by pyjamas and bras ( good zip front bra and racer back which is comfortable for nodes too from m&s go up a size or two because of swelling after op I.evif a 36 then get a 40) take hand cream and lip balm for some reason your hands and lips get dry after op. Rads ladies creams with no sos, dr organically aloe Vera gel with t a tree was good, keep in fridge and one in handbag for slapping on when you are out and about, other good ones ladies used was e45, Moogoo, aveno drink lots of water too helped with fatigue which rads can cause 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻You are all 💪💪💪💪and get ready to sing ooooopppphhhhhh as you get off in 🇬🇷 😁😁😁💕💕💕✨✨✨✨Shi xx

Hello ladies
I’m home and resting. 2 nights in with hardly any sleep not nice. They couldn’t really tell me what was wrong but had to rule out clot to be in safe side. Starting to ache now and mouth sore. Got plenty of meds from hospital tho to get me through

Hope everyone is feeling better we’ve all had a rough few weeks. We will be chasing Sarah over the finish line soon

Oh has anyone els suffered with spotty scalp. Not had it before quite sore and itchy!?!?

Hugs xx

Leanne so sorry you’ve been a resident at Casa NHS- hope today has been better. This docetaxel is so hard on us all, keep going we are getting there.
Here it feels that there is great turbulence on the last leg of the journey to Greece. 1 week in and starting to come out of the nightmare but not there yet- still needing a long sleep in the middle of the day. Not putting on weight as mouth so horrid eating has no pleasure, trying to drink is bad enough .
Joandbasilthedog - haven’t been to The Haven yet, nurses keep talking so positive about it. But with my 3 chn at home for the summer hols - juggling them takes all my energy - let me know if you’re going down in Sept - only 15 mins from me. It must be so hard waiting to know which op- keep asking the questions.
Linda Corrine hope you are feeling a little better now. My temp is still all over the place but just hovering below needing to ring nurse. Hang on in there.
Herts - how scary passing out- hope you have had lots of tlc today.
Sarah - hope se minimal today
This chemo is really taking its toll on us all now, but thank you to you all as you are making this more bearable for me.
Big hugs to you all x
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Leanne ❤️❤️❤️How are you my lovely? I’m glad you kept yourself safe and rang unit darling don’t forget to discuss with onc switching back to fec or if you can have abraxane instead of t next time. It’ll be ok keep 💪💪💪💪, they have seen these reactions to t all before and you are in safe hands 😘😘💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

@mustardandgrey 2k? I’ve put on about 7 as at end of cycle 4! Jo and Basil sounds like a plan! Spoke to the chemo nurse about me passing out with no ability to control my legs in middle of the night. She thinks I’m a bit de-hydrated and low blood pressure. I decide not to point out that it was never a problem when I woke up in the middle of the night after a night out on the bottle - thought she may not see the funny sideSmiley Happy

Ah Hets its me you probably have seen at the train station either collecting one teenager or dropping another with Basil the dog howling trying to get on train too whilst trying to get to my school work whilst cursing at lack of parking !! Obviously being a lady of chemo leisure 😂!! havent been for a while . But post chemo next month next time you are this way a medicinal tea and cake may be in order .( or was it sponge puddings??) 😊

Got v bad diarrohea today so on tablets for that now instead of laxatives.stayed home from work today.found out yesterday i can claim on income protection after being off for 12 weeks continuously via work.its pays 75% but is taxable.