Re: May 2017 chemo starters

Wolfee re the ovaries have a good think and maybe arrange an appointment to have a chat to discuss all your concerns its a big thing fir you don't apologise for your rant i was a right okd mess earlier today then i thought howay man mishy you did the worst thing ever already you did bc you can def do this i hope you come to tge right decision for you 💖

Thanks Shi Wolfee not going to lie i cried with relief to hear it wasn't mets and i know the other stuff as painful as it is will be rectified with an op just need to be extra careful in the meantime can't lift anything carry shopping bags and no jumping around or jerky neck movements in the meantime haha you are totally right this would have been the end of the world to me before bc but now its like oh well 😨 and yeah the redundancy was a blessing in disguise wolfee i hope your back is ok too im really taken back by my results wasn't expecting it so I hope yours aee good i literally can't understand how its happened i hope chemo and rads hasnt weekend my bones 😨 im thinking of asking about the bone strengthening stuff some people are getting to prevent mets as my bones are clearly not very strong!!!!
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Wolfee 😘😘if you are having 2nd thoughts about op, speak to your team to say you are unsure and would it be possible to delay? It’s a massive decision you are make by and one you have to be a million % happy to make. There is the someone like me option in here that you’ll could try, might help you. Sending you big ❤️❤️❤️💕💕✨✨✨shi xx

Mishy18 god what a mess the spine stuff sounds but I suppose something that would have once sounded awful and to most people sounds ok 2 is now because as long as it isn’t the C back it’s good news 👍 but what a **bleep** 2 deal with after everything else. You can do this and yeah sounds like the redundancy was a blessing.

I’m off to see the oncologist later today 4pm as part of my assessments on the add aspirin trial. It was after my last appointment 3 months ago that I was sent for the bone scan on my back. I’ve not had any results as such but a phone call saying it wasn’t mets so that’s good I’ll ask for any update on why my back is so painful.

I’m getting cold feet about my overies and hysterectomy in two weeks time. I know I have to do it I’m scared not 2 but I’m so worried about the consequences of doing this before 40. Apparently your bones, heart and memory can really suffer especially because no hrt allowed. Also I’m worried I’ll become even more short tempered and moody and end up with no friends (or job) I think also being single I’m wondering with all that lot gone and both breasts will I ever have the confidence 2 meet anyone or do I even want 2?? Oh and it being so final noW that I won’t ever have children. Not that I probably would have because again I’d have been to worried to come off the tamoxifen for a pregnancy anyway and in 10 years I’ll be 48 to old for children anyway. That’s all assuming that the chemo hasn’t ruined that anyway.
Gosh that all sounds doom and gloom but in actual fact I’ve been feeling quite well recently it’s just all of a sudden I’m not sure if I’m doing the right thing with these overies or not?????
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Mishy 👍👍👍😘😘😘fantastic news it’s not mets really 😁😁😁for you darling, I know it’s not all brilliant news but at least it’s not mets which is a massive relief ❤️❤️❤️😘😘💕💕✨✨shi xx

Hi ladies got my results in not spine mets thank Goodness but back to being a patient have got two mild spinal cord compressions and significant scarring of the sheath surrounding it not what i wanted to hear now a neuro patient looking like spinal fusion surgery is on the cards as doc say i have myelopathy symptoms which will progressively get worse it can worse case scenario cause permanent paralysis if left but is also dibiltating not what i want at 47 hence why I was red flag.. the symptoms are the same as mets in c spine 😨 i thanked the gp for his swift action on this i have been told i can't work whilst this is going on and if and when i have surgery i will be unable for at least 6 months afterwards i know this from my previous surgery in 2005 so maybe my redundancy happened for a reason to keep me safe so to speak im fed up i have made such a great mental recovery as well as physical from bc not relishing becoming a patient again 😨 sorry for offloading ladies 💖
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Jay 👍👍👍🎉🎉🎉wonderful news thanks for sharing 😘😘😘really happy for you 💪💪💪💪may warrior. Mishy 🤞🤞🤞🤞👭👭👭for your results ❤️❤️❤️ And sorry to hear you are now redundant, you could have a go at something you’ve always fancied trying now and what about takes bag up on any of those free training courses to help you get back into work the government are always banging on about, make good use of all the free stuff you can get your hands on and are entitled to darling 💕💕💕✨✨✨shi xx

Well done Jay how great to hesr no more onclogy for you!! I have to see mine once a year now as surveillance so to speak but not in a meds capacity
Im currently now officially jobless made redundant on the 1st August had to go and empty my cupboard hand my badge fob passwords etc in got some redundancy which was ok not great but not bad either will tide me over till i can figure iut what the hell im doing next!!! Physically things are good apart from chronic pain i seem to have in spine had mri results back tomorrow not cancer related fingers crossed it can be managed with painkillers!!
Hope everyone is well and enjoying life as we should any suggestions for a new direction on the job front?!!! 👍

Hey ladies,

Just returned from my "FIANL" oncology appointment!  She's happy with everything, I'm happy with everything so that's it no more oncology....  

The final echo heart scan I had done a week ago has shown my heart to be functioning well and the percentage has gone back up to 60% - so I can now stop taking the Ramipril with immediate effect!  

Hooray - no more meds!

I've been recommended to have blood tests for thyroid and diabetes - just precautionary as all the meds I've been on can cause these problems - so to nip any problems in the bud it's best to get them checked.

It sure feels good to know - no more oncology - hopefully forever....! xx

Thanks, ladies. I will go to the BRA group in early September to see how other ladies are coping and then chat to the surgeon again. As I have that scar tissue that needs removing, the plan was for it to be done at reconstruction. I may also wait until about March as I have to go to Leicester Hospital for the DIEP reconstruction and then have to have recovery time so more time off work and dealing with post surgery issues. 

Jay, maybe we can do this bit together too before our May get together! 

Hope everyone else is enjoying the holidays.

Hi Daffodil - I'm in the same position too - and I really can't decide what to do!  One day I think without question I'll go for reconstruction - next day or even that same day - I'll think no way do I want any op's etc and quite possibly the thought of it going wrong!  

When my time comes to discuss with the surgeon which is ages away - next March(!) - I'll listen to all he has to say but won't make any rash decisions - it's something that can happen anytime - maybe I'll wait until my 5 year anniversary is up and celebrate with a new boob!!  

I'm interested to hear what you decide to do.  I know Heather is happy with her decision of staying mono and yet others are happy with the recon they've had - no decision is easy!

Hope all is well and you're enjoying the summer weather! x

Thanks Mai and good luck Jay and all you wonderfully brave ladies xx
Community Champion

Daffodil, im going to be facing the same soon also. I'll be guided by the surgeon, I think! At the moment I'm thinking of having a reduction on my good side to make it easier so the skin doesn't have to stretch so much on the other side of which I shall not speak! Xx
Community Champion

Trisha, I too get aches and pains in knees, thighs, lower back and hips. If I keep moving regular it helps but sitting for prolonged periods makes it worse. Hope you enjoy Amsterdam. I love it, such a pretty place. Xxx
Community Champion

Jay, hope all goes well for you and your heart holds out ok. It's all very worrisome. Look after yourself and don't push too hard on exercise. Sending hugs. Xxxx

Good luck, Jay. Trisha, hope your pains disappear soon.

I am still trying to make a sensible decision about reconstruction before my next appointment with reconstruction surgeon at the end of September.

Any advice from those who have either had, or thinking of, having.

Enjoy the rest of summer. x

Hi ladies. Sorry just been getting too much to be reading posts on here and Facebook. Please.dont anyone take offence. Am ok. Look really well apparently.
Don't always feel that I do but my pains although still they are better than a few months back. Stopping Anastrazole made no difference but I think since Herceptin am in less pain in the legs. It's my hips and back now but MRI scan for my back and CT habe shown Arthitis in my spine. Physio die to start and am hoping to swim soon. In the meantime August will be a busy month with friends and family visits. Hope the weather holds ;-) and off to The Netherlands end of the month see my brother whom havent seem for 3 1/2 years. Had lovely time visiting my Step Dad in South of France too 3 weeks ago. Just need more of my family to live in warmer climates! Do have a cousin in Aussie land but that's a dream. Love to all. Trisha xx

So wish me luck as I'm off this afternoon for what could be my final echo scan - finished herceptin on 14th June - been on rampiril since February as the heart was starting to show signs of failure.  Won't know until August 14th when I see the oncologist, which again may well be my final meeting with her...  Fingers crossed x

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Wolfe not heard of that, have you tried it yet? ❤️❤️❤️To everyone 💕💕✨✨shi xx
Community Champion

Hey ladies, a little BCC reunion! Mishy, hope you are doing well. Our Facebook group is a closed group so only us on there if you want to join us. Xx