15-08-2018 09:43 PM
15-08-2018 09:38 PM
15-08-2018 06:48 PM
15-08-2018 03:18 PM
15-08-2018 12:49 PM
14-08-2018 08:59 PM
14-08-2018 06:50 PM
14-08-2018 03:04 PM
Just returned from my "FIANL" oncology appointment! She's happy with everything, I'm happy with everything so that's it no more oncology....
The final echo heart scan I had done a week ago has shown my heart to be functioning well and the percentage has gone back up to 60% - so I can now stop taking the Ramipril with immediate effect!
Hooray - no more meds!
I've been recommended to have blood tests for thyroid and diabetes - just precautionary as all the meds I've been on can cause these problems - so to nip any problems in the bud it's best to get them checked.
It sure feels good to know - no more oncology - hopefully forever....! xx
06-08-2018 07:49 PM
Thanks, ladies. I will go to the BRA group in early September to see how other ladies are coping and then chat to the surgeon again. As I have that scar tissue that needs removing, the plan was for it to be done at reconstruction. I may also wait until about March as I have to go to Leicester Hospital for the DIEP reconstruction and then have to have recovery time so more time off work and dealing with post surgery issues.
Jay, maybe we can do this bit together too before our May get together!
Hope everyone else is enjoying the holidays.
02-08-2018 03:16 PM
Hi Daffodil - I'm in the same position too - and I really can't decide what to do! One day I think without question I'll go for reconstruction - next day or even that same day - I'll think no way do I want any op's etc and quite possibly the thought of it going wrong!
When my time comes to discuss with the surgeon which is ages away - next March(!) - I'll listen to all he has to say but won't make any rash decisions - it's something that can happen anytime - maybe I'll wait until my 5 year anniversary is up and celebrate with a new boob!!
I'm interested to hear what you decide to do. I know Heather is happy with her decision of staying mono and yet others are happy with the recon they've had - no decision is easy!
Hope all is well and you're enjoying the summer weather! x
01-08-2018 10:14 PM
01-08-2018 10:11 PM
01-08-2018 02:53 PM
Good luck, Jay. Trisha, hope your pains disappear soon.
I am still trying to make a sensible decision about reconstruction before my next appointment with reconstruction surgeon at the end of September.
Any advice from those who have either had, or thinking of, having.
Enjoy the rest of summer. x
01-08-2018 02:15 PM
01-08-2018 01:24 PM
So wish me luck as I'm off this afternoon for what could be my final echo scan - finished herceptin on 14th June - been on rampiril since February as the heart was starting to show signs of failure. Won't know until August 14th when I see the oncologist, which again may well be my final meeting with her... Fingers crossed x