Re: May 2017 chemo starters

Hi,

I am also starting 6x FEC-T starting on 10th May. Had my first appointment with my oncologist today.

Just wondered what people's opinions are on cold caps, I am unsure whether to try one? 

Find the forums on here amazing for advice on how to get through it and little tips people have picked up!

xx

Hi all, I'll be starting on the 3rd May for 3 ec, other half hasn't been decided yet as I need to have genetic testing first. Hope we can all support us each on this "journey" of the unknown xx

Hi I wondered why some people didn't have the F part of FEC-T and now I know. I am slightly nervous having chemo, I feel so well after surgery and the thought of 18 weeks of well I am not sure how I will feel apart from poisoned, makes me a bit unsure of chemo.  I know in the long run it is the best thing to do. Just need to get it started. Did you ask for Hickman, my chemo nurse didn't even mention anything other than cannula. I have one more blood test to do and then all ready for 9th May. Let me know how you get on with your first one.

Best wishes

Heather

Community Champion

Hi Raitchr, I'll be with you on the journey. Met you on the diagnosed thread. Been for my pre chemo assessment last week, bloods done next Tuesday, Hickman line in Wednesday then rock'n'roll Thursday, May 4 . Just enjoying the week before the madness starts.

I'm having 3 sessions of EC, then three of T. Every 21 days, so a total of 5 months. Missing out the F as my oncologist is a bit concerned re heart issues. I'd prefer to miss out the whole bl****ng lot, but hey ho!

Annie X 

May 2017 chemo starters

Hi I am starting chemo on 9th May at Nottingham City Hospital. Having 6 x FEC-T. Anyone else about to start and wants to compare side effects?