19-09-2018 05:04 PM
19-09-2018 03:29 PM
19-09-2018 02:37 PM
Hi May ladies,
I hope you don't mind me asking a question or 2 about a nail cream I have been advised about by my new consultant for using through T part of chemo. It is called Polybalm and had been trialled in my area.
I have explained more about it on the August thread, but wondered whether or not anyone could say whether or not this may have worked for them. I could then report back to the August ladies.
19-09-2018 07:26 AM
19-09-2018 07:09 AM
18-09-2018 09:03 PM
18-09-2018 06:44 PM
18-09-2018 06:02 PM
18-09-2018 05:34 PM
18-09-2018 03:16 PM
14-09-2018 04:26 PM
GP confirmed the initial result, a very underactive thyroid. Would ordinarily prescribe a very low dose of medication but given my previous heart problem (caused by Herceptin) and on-going high blood pressure she's going to liaise with the Endocrinologists and see what they advise. Will now hear on 4th October when I return to GP for blood pressure monitoring....
On the plus side - I went last night for my first ever taste of Yoga and loved it! Will definately be returning in 2 weeks time... x
09-09-2018 10:02 PM
So at my final onc appointment she suggested I should be tested for Diabetes and Thyroid following the treatment I've had (chemo, herceptin, rads (to upper clavicle area). A simple blood test (well fasting for the diabetes one).
Visited the GP last week for results - I'm delighted the diabetes is clear, however the thyroid one came back that I've got an underactive thyroid. Further blood tests to re-check and also the TPO part of the test. I'll get the results on Wednesday - depending on the results will depend on the medication required to treat....
I've subsequently researched and it would appear quite common for thyroid problems following treatment for breast cancer.
I've also been increased to 2.5mg of Ramipril as my blood pressure is still a bit high!
Other than this - I'm doing OK - put it this way, there's people far worse off than me.
Hope everyone else is doing well x
20-08-2018 08:50 PM
WolfEE, tough decisions for you. Have they mentioned Zoladex injections to deactivate your ovaries? I guess this would bring with it more side effects but it would give you more time to think about ovary removal. I wish we didnt have to think about all of this, its so burdensome isnt it? Sending hugs. xxxx
Jay, my head is still firmly in the sand on the recon front. Whilst I dont want more surgery, I do want to try and move forward with my life feeling a bit more balanced. I dont have an appointment with the surgeon yet but it will be looming on the horizon! You dont have to rush into a decision, if you need a bit more time to think then you could delay it a bit more. xxxx
19-08-2018 04:45 PM
18-08-2018 09:12 PM
18-08-2018 04:51 PM
Mishy - I repeat what others have already said - thank goodness no spine mets but sad to hear you've more surgery ahead of you.
Wolfee - so sorry for the decisions you're having to make. Whatever you decide and whatever happens you know us May Warriors are right behind you - supporting you all the way my lovely x
Mai - interesting. Do you have an appointment to see surgeon to discuss recon? I'm not seeing my surgeon until March and then he's going to refer me to a recon specialist depending on my thoughts. Have you made any decisions yet? I'm still unsure whether to have any recon. Most of the time I'm happy as I am - but every now and again I wish I could just put on any bra or bra top and not have to spend time adjusting myself (if you know what I mean) - also I do find the implant heavy and I'm sure that makes me achey at times especially after a long walk!
I'm currently in the big wide world with very little support harness and I'm not quite sure how I feel about it all! I'm just under the GP now and it feels......strange.....!
18-08-2018 09:45 AM
Mishy, glad it's not spine mets but not nice that you have to go through more treatment to fix it. Glad you don't have to try juggling a job around all of this as well. Xxx
Wolfee, my ovaries are staying in at the moment as they are monitoring my menopausal status for now, I haven't had a period since June 2017 and if they don't reappear by June 2019 then they consider me post menopausal and therefore ovaries inactive anyway so no point in removing them. I had blood tests to check menopausal status and it confirmed menopausal stats, Have you had all of these checks and discussions with a gynocologist?? Xxx
My recontruction leaflet arrived a couple of days ago and I've got to read it before seeing surgeon so I'm fully aware of all options. On scanning it it's looks like implants only = 2 lots of surgery 3 months apart due to expander but diep flap = 2 lots of surgery in a 5 hour session for tissue transfer.
Hi Shi, I look forward to seeing you later today! 💗 💗😍😘😝