Did you mean: 

May 2017 chemo starters

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: May 2017 chemo starters

Wolfe not heard of that, have you tried it yet? ❤️❤️❤️To everyone 💕💕✨✨shi xx
Community Champion

Hey ladies, a little BCC reunion! Mishy, hope you are doing well. Our Facebook group is a closed group so only us on there if you want to join us. Xx

Hi ya, just wondering have any of you ever heard of it tried mountain blood it’s some kind of suplimemt also called Shilajit ??? Xx

Well done Jay lovely to hear from you and Trisha Daffodil how you getting on???
Treehouse mai Andi Heather hope you are all enjoying life xx
Im going to be joining whats app soon is there a page on there where everyone is?!
Don't do Facebook or anything like that im like Shi but the girls from ny where now maggies group have a closed group and im the annoying one that doesn't have it so probably going to join them soon
💖 to you all its a year today had my 1st chemo how surreal!!!
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Jay 😘😘😘great news you’ve finished treatments and fabulous news on raising all that money, you are amazing and thank you for everything on the his journey 💕💕✨✨✨shi xx

Well done Jay xx
ktk

Fab Jay! Well done to you and congratulations on getting through all the treatment. Xx

Jay, what a wonderful idea, and what a great result! Well done!

Well done, amazing lady. 

Hello ladies - long time no post - but I feel I simply must put on here the news that last night I held my celebration party - to celebrate end of treatment - after chemo, surgery, radiotherapy and 18 herceptin treatments - I'm the other side.  In order to pay something back to this amazing charity Breat Cancer Care - I had donation pots strategically placed around the room.  I did a speech in which I praised this charity - saying without it, my "journey" would have been significantly more difficult - I met a wonderful group of ladies - we shared some amazing experiences together and we found support, hope and love from one another - accordingly, I wanted to pay something back - I'm proud to say at the end of the evening we emptied the pots - a total of £269 was raised - I am totally amazed! x

All good here. Busy too with visitors and part time work. Trying to get back to normality and enjoying the good weather.

Enjoy hearing how the rest of you are getting on. Proud of the walkers and runners doing it for charity. Well done. 

Take care and keep strong!

Daffodil x

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Treehouse ❤️❤️❤️Well done amazing 💪💪💪lady for being back at work and doing well, you are our treehouse storm trooper 😁😁hope cardiologist and rehab apps and next weeks apps go well 👍jay great news you’ll be finishing active treatment and have family get together to look forward to 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻And very well done raising all that money too 👏👏👏mishy, hope mamma went well today darling, please let me know all ok 😘😘I’ve been back at work too 🤪🤪🤪, not a fb or anything like that type of gal as mai7 knows, so sorry always sending my ❤️❤️❤️And thanks to you all and if you get time just to drop a quick update you are ok on here that’d be lovely 💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Well done Jay so happy for you no more treatment 💖 enjoy the family celebrations you deserve it yeah "normal life' is pretty tiring aftrr everything isnt it, but also a good feeling too, so don't work too hard everyone but enjoy not being a patient too after all this stuff im finding i want to do mire things that make me happy and enjoying the new work/life balance fitting in good times and just enjoying the little things instead of always stressing about everything xxx
Treehouse i think you too have came so far in terms of getting back to 'normal' your a proper trouper !!! In fact a big pat on the back for everyone getting through it all and getting back 💪 strong 💖May ladies xx

Hi Shi and Mishy - yes all doing OK - I guess as most of us have returned to work and our "normal" lives, we're too tired to report on here!  We are in touch on facebook more regularly - why not join us over there?  I do try and come on here at least once a week!  I'm sorry to hear your boob is still playing you up Mishy - and good luck with your 1st mammo today - eeks - I had mine just before Easter - it was strangely nerve-racking - even more so waiting for the results.....  well done on having the genetics test (fingers crossed for you).  

I've got my final Herceptin injection a week today....!  Yippeee - end of active treatment for me!  (Just got to get my heart back on track and off the Ramipril!)   I'm really busy and absorbed in organising a huge family/friend celebration party for 14 July - I'm so excited and so is everyone around me!  I can't believe I've made it to the end of active treatment! 

I also did a 5K Race for Life "walk" last Sunday - raised an amazing £770 (plus £90 gift aid) for Cancer Research UK - it all felt so surreal whilst I was taking part - truly fantastic!

Love to all x

Hi Mishy we have all been a bit busy by the looks of things. Glad you are doing well. So you decided to have the test, how did your son react? It’s a long wait for this one. I still hadn’t heard after 7 weeks so I phoned them. They called me back with my result a few hours later. I wasn’t surprised with my Mum’s history.
This is my second week back at work. I spent the whole day in yesterday. It’s going ok. Cardiologist and rehab this week. Herceptin and blood test next week. I still feel like I’m in the system.
Take care x x x

Hey ladies hope you are doing well and enjoying life, things are going well with me my boob is still playing up a bit but not letting it get me down its my 1st mammo tomorrow 😨 had the genetics test ladies just waiting on results will keep you posted
💖💖💖 to you all x
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Just posting ❤️❤️❤️❤️To May ladies, hope you are all ok 😘😘😘💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Mai, great attachment thank you 😘😘😘love you and hope everyone has a lovely bank holiday/half term week ❤️❤️❤️💕💕✨✨Shi xx
Community Champion

Here's an interesting article about BRACA mutations. WolfEE, this shows there are other known mutations which are not tested for and you must be in one of those categories: https://glennsabin.com/consumer-direct-genetic-testing-consumer-power-or-grief-ahead/

Yes Treehouse - two more days and then YIPPEE it's half term - I can't wait. I'm sure he will take you - Ha Ha! That sounds a perfect present - might have to get my hubby one of those! Enjoy!
xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Treehouse, I love your humour beautiful 😁😁😁That break you’ve got your husband sounds lovely, hope you have amazing time. Mai thanks for article, I know some of the tns are already getting this but our once not mentioned it to me, so i’ll Be getting my little note book out when I have my app. And asking about it too. Hope everyone has been enjoying the 🌞🌞🌞🌞 mishy, I’ve answered you on Oct thread my blue titty friend, I still 🤣😂🤣😂about that, love you 😘😘😘💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Thanks Jay I’m fine I promise. I’m looking forward to half term. I got hubby a night away ( for 2) in a country house for his birthday he deserves a bit of spoiling 😁 - just hope he takes me 😂

Treehouse - oh I  feel for you I really do, it's so horrid having to wait but personally, I take it as it can't be anything too bad or else you'd be seen urgently.  Not great and I know it's difficult but try and put it to the back of your mind - easily said, I know how I felt very recently but really try not to worry my lovely xx

Hmmm just phoned surgeon’s secretary and she said clinic is busy and surgeon will be away for next 2 weeks so will have to wait for an appointment 🙁
Not sure how I feel about this. Back to waiting again ☹️

Thanks Mai i appreciate your opinion x hope today Is good for everyone don't work to hard and look forward to the heatwave coming!!
Community Champion

Mishy, I agree with everything Treehouse said. You're in a difficult divided position but your daughter needs to know for her own peace of mind. X

Tree house, hope the outcome of your scans is good. It's hard to not worry about everything now, living in a body you can't trust any more! Try and keep your mind busy and focussed on good things. X

Work is going well only doing an hour a day this week and I am loving the part time thing.
I had an MRI last Tuesday ( it was to check right implant as it feels a bit squishy) and am still waiting for results. I did notice another lump ( about an inch away from original tumour about the size of a pea) while having a feel the night before scan. I phoned my surgeon secretary on Wednesday but have not heard anything back so will chase up tomorrow. Trying not to worry. If it is our old enemy back for a second try it is tiny and I will kick it’s arse again.
I still get shoulder pain in right arm and when I lie on my back I can’t put my hand on the floor but I’m not sure who to tell?!?!

Oh Treehouse how have you got in with your tests and the work stuff my work stuff is happening now feeing really strange like the new kid on the block!!!!

Treehouse 💖 thank you for your honesty i really appreciate it, i know i will have to have the test i owe it to myself as well as my daughter and him hopefully he will understand and respect this in time i really need to hear other peoples take on this as i felt like i was going mad all this conflict stuff going round in my head and yeah you can now have ovaries out as a prevention, they served you well when you needed them and gave you beautiful children but now because of the knowledge of the gene you can now keep yourself safe 💖

Also knowing I am brca 1 means I am having my ovaries removed so has directed my treatment and enabling me to take preventive measures. You may need to know just for you!!!

Sorry I will shut up now x

Hi Mishy oh what a difficult situation. I understand your son is having a strong emotional reaction to this and how it may affect him in the future but I personally would get tested. That will enable you to make choices about your treatment and then give your daughter the chance to get tested if she chooses. Your son doesn’t have to get the test if he doesn’t want to . But if it saves your daughter from this horrible treatment I think it is fair for her to know if she is at increased risk. ( you can give her that choice before )
I am brca 1 and this meant my sister got tested and she is clear but at least had the chance to consider if she wanted preventative surgery.
Your son does not have the right to prevent your daughter from knowing her risk if you are willing to go ahead.
The risk to men although increased is still lower than for women.

Sorry but that would be my two pence worth. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Yeah Mai thanks i think i will ask too as its quite important if we could benefit from this stuff maybe thats why you are having it Jencat?? All i really know about TN and ny own particular cancer is what i mentioned in my earlier post and it was an IDC which i think is quite common site for a tumor anyhow but the word basal like is kind of ringing a bell like i have heard it before!!!!
I have a family quandary ladies had genetic counselling meeting 2 weeks ago my app for testing should i wish to go ahead is 29th the quandary is my son doesn't want me to have it hes a doesn't want to spend his time worrying he could get cancer but my daughter does want to know as a woman and mother herself basically they both know that i may not have it anyway and there is no guarantee if i had either of them would have it anyway but he has point blank said no!!??? Advice on this one from you all would be really helpful or just an opinion 🤔🤔🤔😨😨😨

Mai - thank you for flagging it up - I'll be checking with my onc when I next see her in August (which should be my final one....!).  x

Morning ladies just had a look at the article Mai The only thing i remember about my TN diagnosis tumor was described aa an ill defined mass grade 3 with high grade surrounding DCIS never offered the zolendric acid infusions didn't get my pathology report!!!
Community Champion

Jay and Jencat, I just read this article and I'm non the wiser about basal! 😂 do we get to know if we are basal or is that a research only marker at present. May have to request histology report? https://bmcmedgenomics.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12920-017-0250-9

Hi Mai and Jay, I'm from the Oct thread and TN. I was given Zoldronic Acid every other chemo and then as a stand alone infusion in April and will do again in Oct and then six monthly for another couple of years. My oncologist told me that it was orginally given to protect the bones, but in fairly recent studies in the US it was shown to help prevent recurrances of bc. I've been told to make sure that I have regular dental check ups as it can affect the jaw x

Hi Mai - thank you sharing that interesting article.  Forgive me but is basel-like breast cancer the same as triple negative?  The lady I met during chemo - she's HER2+, but she's on this acid infusion twice a year - it's for bones - ie if you have arthitis in your family or your bone scans have shown a sign of it.  I didn't know they were using it like a targetted therapy - very interesting.  It does have side effects associated with it though - ie gum problems - making some dentistry a little complicated. 

The beautiful weather is slightly breaking down here with the odd rumble of thunder, ergh!  However, the birds are still chirping!

Community Champion

Hope everyone enjoyed the beautiful weather over the weekend. Life feels great when the sun is shining and the birds are chirping.

Heres an interesting article to read: http://www.canceractive.com/cancer-active-page-link.aspx?n=4081&Title=Basel-like%20breast%20cancer%2...

I did Shi thanks 💖looking like another lovely weekend we have coming up taking Ella to seaside so watching Royal Wedding on catch up 😊
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi mishy I pmd you last night, did you get it? 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Hi Jay i was advised if doing anything strenuous a full hoover through or gardening type strenuous to take an ibuprofen before hand!! also to not carry anything heavy on that side apparently a bad cold can worsen it oh and try to sleep on opposite side he explained that it can improve and all of a sudden come back some can have it indefinitely, tbh Jay in used to the aches and pains so im not bothered as you say i wake up every morning and thats good enough for me!!! Im just relieved it was nothing else and happy that the anxiety monster moved on and giving me a break hes been in my ear fkr a couple of weeks and was starting to do my head in😨😨😨😨 😂😂😂😂 take care

Mai - I agree our May meet up was a truly amazing experience.

As you say, we came from a group of ladies who have been dealt one of life's terrible traumas. In those difficult, dire days we built a fantastic relationship on this forum - not really knowing who we were talking to - a bit like an imaginary friend that young children have - and not dissimilar to a guardian angel - always someone there to listen, offer advice and give support.

We then proceeded to our secret facebook page - where we all suddenly became real humans(!) - we got to know a little more about each other - sharing photos, etc.

Finally meeting each other in person was truly surreal - to hug each other - when I've already given and received so many virtual hugs from each of you ladies was truly amazing!

As you say, "we already had that special bond and then we met" - we could make a movie!!

That day in London will live with me forever - to 8 of my best friends, thank you xxxxxxxx

Oh Mishy - I'm delighted that you too have been reassured - it was the same for me, and it's really weird how the feeling of lead immediately comes off your shoulders isn't it?   

As Mai has said - isn't it strange that we can cope nowadays with any other diagnosis thrown at us - I think that's because we've all experienced the day the Breast Consultant using the word "cancer" in our diagnosis, we know almost nothing can ever be as soul destroying as that moment.  However, we've battled and we're still here to enjoy today.  At the end of the day, there's no denying, cancer really is a truly horrible disease and it affects not only those who have been diagnosed with it but all the people close to them.

I've read about chostondrities, following which, I'm sure a lot of us ladies who have had chemo and rads experience from, however, we all put it down to internal scarring and just carry on.  Was you given any medication or advice for dealing with this discomfort at all.

As you rightly say - all of these new diagnosis are a pain but a small price to pay for being able to wake up this morning - smile and be alive xxx

Great to read about your good news Mishy, Jay and Daffodil x

Community Champion

Sorry I've been a bit quiet but just been really busy.  Our May meet up was fantastic and it was so lovely to meet everyone in person.  Kinda strange that we already have a special bond and then meet afterwards.  💗

That's great news Mishy.  Can you believe that we are now grateful to have anything wrong with us as long as it isn't cancer.  What a twisted world we live in! Xx

Jay, that's fab news, you must be feeling very relieved and perhaps celebratory. Xx

Dafodil, great news for you too. Such a beautiful word "benign". I would just be saying it repeatedly now if I were you! X

Treehouse, don't feel that your are putting on any of us if you need a rant, that's why we all came here in the first place! Hope things get better soon with your work and checkups.  Just think how far you have come, so don't let a few rocks get in the way when you've already moved a mountain. Xxx

Shi, hope you are doing well lovey and still sparkling. ✨✨✨💗💗xxx

Treehouse 💖 yes you are true my friend hope your work meeting went well x

Love you Mishy I think we all know that feeling but keep pushing it down. . Please not again ☹️.
Glad it is nothing nasty . I know lymphodema isn’t nice but as you say could be worse x x. Hugs

Oh Jay just read your post fantastic news isn't it awful when our minds take us to worry land this seems to be the new normal for us bc ladies my surgeon did say to me that he was more pleased i went rather than sit at home making myself I'll in worry land or with a real problem festering away i have had the worst meltdowns ever since original diagnosis bit ashamed to say i was thinking the worst and was dreading doing all of this again so today i thank God i have lymphodema😨 💖

Hi ladies thank you for your best wishes update is i have lymphodema of breast the orange peel pitting is through fluid swelling under the skin surface ito say i was so relieved was an understatement i could have had an ultrasound to reassure me but was happy with surgeons examination he explained that orange peel texture is usually a sign of infection or inflammation especially after extensive treatment for breast cancer, he is referring my to the lymphodema clinic and is satisfied that my mammo which is nearly due will be a sufficient, he also check me for lymph node swelling and has discovered that the pain i am in is also due to Chostondritis which is inflammation of ribs and sternum cartilage another side effect from rads but a small price to pay!!!!

Daffodil glad to hear there also for you was nothing sinister as they say and it can be sorted i just wanted to update you all x
Treehouse im sorry you too are experiencing boob problems i hope the scans will resove everything and you too get positive news, who would have thought i woukd be happy to have some lymphodema I'll take anything over a recrrance and Treehouse i have been suffering a bit wuth anxiety which can cause a whole host of symptoms including palpitations which can be scary i hope this settles soon 💖 love to all of you ladies and thank you for your support always 👍

Good luck for today Mishy x