Community Champion

Re: May 2017 chemo starters

Community Champion

Thanks Mai. Is this IGF carbs from food?
Community Champion

[ Edited ]

Hi Jay, well done!  x

For anyone interested, just wanted to share this piece of research with you: https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-01-specific-protein-breast-cancer.html

IGF is found in dairy products and Tamoxifen and Metformin are known to reduce IGF levels (as pointed out in Jane McLellands "How to Starve Cancer" book. 

Today is all about wearing PINK and bringing awareness to Breast Cancer.  At the same time I've held numerous fundraising events - raising funds for Breast Cancer Care.  This charity is here - it's full of advice, support, friendship and hope - long may it continue x

Wolfee - it's the same for me on my thyroxine - I have to take it at least half hour before breakfast and any drink containing caffeine!  That's every day....!!!  x

Tatyana, that’s so encouraging so maybe I can reverse this bone thing? Yes I’ve been reading that it’s so important that you take on an empty stomach. Oh my!!! Early morning Emma without that 1st cup of coffee ☕️ Watch our nicky, postman or any other human that may cross me on this morning each week!!!!!!!! Hahaha I’ll take it then jump in the showers hopefully by the time I’m out and dry the 30 mins will be almost up!!

Wolfee I was on those alendronic acid pills for a while after my first BC, I had the early menopause thing and was on letrozole so they did a scan and just like you, suddenly I had osteoporosis. I took the pills for two years, they are a nuisance to take because you can't even have a cup of tea only water and I can't function without a coffee as soon as I wake up! But I didn't have any side effects from them, and the good news is that after two years, they repeated the scan and I didn't have osteoporosis anymore! Yay! So it's worth it. I hope it works just as well for you!
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Wolfee hope you get your tooth sorted so you can start your tablets, it must have been a surprise to say the least finding out, but at least they know about it and are treating you wolfee ❤️❤️ Treehouse ✨✨✨✨✨just for you 😘😘😘Mai, glad you posted your blog on new oct18 thread ❤️❤️Think it’s very helpful and done beautifully 💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Jay, it’s a mountaineering/ski shop it’s on a corner in Kendal, if you phone the tourist board, they will tell you the name of the shop, sorry I can’t remember name of it only how to get to it 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Me too - I don't think we have anywhere in my area either!

Thanks Shi for the tip though - I'm investigating further...!

WolfEE - good luck with the acid pills - they don't sound very pleasant but at least they've discovered the problem and hopefully this pill will be the solution to further problems.

Good luck too with the tooth - when are you having it done?

Is like some custom insoles. Don’t think anywhere on Milton Keynes does them????

Alendeonic acid 70mg.
One per week on empty stomach before eating or drinking first thing in the morning and then you must stay upright for half an hour so ot doesn’t agitate your food pipes

Jay do you have groupon app on your phone. They have special heel pads and socks on offer. We have just ordered them.
I had a dexa scan a few weeks back it was supposedly to see how my bones are now as a starting point so they can monitor going forward any deteriation going forward because of the early menapause from having overies out and not being able 2 take HRT
It was a shock to find I already have it. I had an email from my gp saying a prescription for bone strengthening weekly pill has been sent to pharmacy for me to pick up. I can’t take them though until my troubled tooth comes out at the end of the month. (I think the medication can weeken your jaw and it. An break when having a tooth out)
The pill they are giving me is called something acid I’ll quickly check and post the name in a sec after googling I think it can help prevent spread of cancer on bones or it might be used once it has??
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Wolfee, sorry to hear that 😘😘how did you find out? Jay there is a walking shop in Kendal that mould inner soles specifically to your feet that you wear in your shoes that will help you with your issue, my husband had that and since he got those a few years ago he’s been ok, just thought I’d mention it ❤️❤️❤️💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

WolfEE not the best news ever and I'm so sorry to hear it.  How was this diagnosed? 

I've still got the on-going high blood pressure 150/90 and I'm on Ramipril - got to double the dose!  

The underactive thyroid is due to my immune system attacking the thyroid glad - quite possibly as a result of the Herceptin/Radiotherapy treatments.  I will know more when I see the endrocologist in January!!  In the meantime, taking my 50mg of throxine a day is making me feel amazing!

I've got the on-going pains of planta fascilitis which again was aggravated by the chemo and has regular flare-ups now where it's so painful I simply can't stand let alone walk!  Can't take ibrophren which would help because of the heart meds but can use the gel.  However, Dr gave me an exercise sheet yesterday - four quite basic exercises to do twice a day - I'm not the best at getting in a routine but must say after doing them this morning my foot feels a little more comfortable so I must persevere.

In the meantime, I have just one thing to say - active "treatment" for cancer might be out of the way but my goodness I'm rattling just as much with all the subsequent meds.... not counting the healthy supplement pills!!!  Oh shake, rattle and roll..... and good wishes to all.  lol xx

Oh no I’ve now got osteoporosis!!!!!

Hi Treehouse how are you doing these days yez funnily enough ive got a cold too isn't it funny we could ward off the plague during chemo days should have kept some of the remedies up 😂😂😂😂 i feel strangely detached from the events if last year its as if a different person went through it talj about self preservation my kids reminded how its nice to be able to be in the same room as me with a cold but yeah it does take your mind back a bit to the dreaded chemo haze days x
Super excited my little Ella Bella is one in Tuesday cannot believe its a year since she came into my life she was just what was needed to carry on when it was frankly getting tough love her to bits 😍😍😍😍
Hi Jay nice to hear from you too im currently debating what to have for tea!!!!! Its a late one x

Thanks Jay. Yes it’s a cold but my usual badass attitude it back 👍😉💪🏻

Sorry Treehouse - I wasn't here after 11 to share in your pains!  I do hope you managed to get some sleep and are feeling better this morning.  I get where you're coming from - when you're feeling under the weather it's easy to recall all of last year in the spate of an hour - it can be quite depressing!  Then suddenly you'll bounce back and think to yourself - my god I survived that.... I can survive this.....!  Onwards and upwards - we are survivors - we can face any battle (especially you my lovely!).  xx