Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

May 2017 chemo starters

8,889 REPLIES 8,889
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: May 2017 chemo starters

Hi treehouse and Jay 😁😁😘😘we are all πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»On πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ and you made me 😁about pulling top up for dentist 😁😁you just get so used bopping your too up, mai7 got me doing it within an hour of meeting showing her my surgeons handiwork πŸ˜πŸ‘big β€οΈβ€οΈπŸ‘­πŸ‘­to everyone, thank you again for looking after us oct17 girls 😘😘 we couldn’t have Dont it without you πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Hi all! 

So, this afternoon - it's top and bra off time!  My second mono-mammogram - time is a healer it's true - I'm feeling anxious about having to bare my boob to others!  Take me back to April/May 2017 and never would I have imagined feeling like this, for even a visit to the dentist made me feel like I should be pulling up my top!!

and then the dreaded waiting for results - ergh it never gets any easier!

Hope you are all doing well, I hope your recovery period is going well Treehouse.

Love to all - J x

Hi Shi ✨. I was in overnight as I was last on the list. Yes key hole which is 4 small wounds which are healing nicely 🀞. Having headaches but that seems to be me from anaesthetic. It was quite painful while the gas was dispersing but I’m on day 6 and doing fine. Will be off work for a couple of weeks. Blood test results showed I was post menopausal after chemo and so far symptoms are the same ( a few flushes day and night)

how are you all doing ladies?

lots of love πŸ’• x x 

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi treehouse 😁😁😘😘hope your appointment goes well any idea how long you’ll be in for when you have the op? When I went for gene testing because of tn status, the lady said it’d be keyhole if the needed them out, have you had this option? I hope so 😘😘sending much πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Hi ladies it’s been a while. Just checking in to see how you are all doing. ( and seeing if I can log in to the new look bcc) things are plodding along here but I am back in for a scan this weekend  to prepare for ovary removal. My surgeon did ask if I would consider being part of a new trial for Brca1 ladies but my blood test showed  I am post menopausal so not suitable. If anyone else is Brca1 and planning preventative surgery, it might be worth mentioning it.

keep well ladies.

much love 🌳 🏠 

Community Champion

Mishy, glad to hear you are doing well.  Humour definitely got us through a very difficult time.  I only had a few days where I had zero sense of humour.  When I was in hospital I felt too week to see the funny side of anything which just shows humour must require a certain amount of energy and wellbeing.  Where would we be without it!? xxx

Highlighted

Haha Mai I remember now wit got us through the barrage of **bleep** didn't it πŸ˜‚ no it's all finished now had a little scare this week but onc is confident all is well so I'm confident he's confident!!! I really admire you for putting your story out there you have racked up some views it's great to know it's helpful for others to read πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Community Champion

Thanks Mishy,  I love that your joke is woven into my story.  Do you remember when I said "paranoia is the new fragrance" and you added the "utterly seductive with delicate hints of over-reacting"?  That's on my blog on the moving on thread.  How are you doing?  Are you having any treatment? xx

Mai I think it's fantastic that you have turned your experience into helping others and now I have seen your story on BCC you look fab!!!! πŸ‘πŸ‘­
Community Champion

Shi, yes, the blog is gathering momentum world-wide but none of my story would be possible without my BCC buddies.  I'd forgotten about treehouse's naughty adventure to the hospital Christmas tree last year!  Those lovely little stories of mischief we all have that got us through our darkest days.  Like me being banned from the toilet in hospital, so I took imodium: no loo, no poo!  Smiley LOL xxxx Heart

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

mai, you knock yourself out with your bloggerholic disorder darling, it’s being seen all over the world and helping so many people ❀️❀️❀️ Happy new year treehouse and jay. Treehouse I can’t believe it’s been a year since you and your partner in crime went for a few laps of the Christmas tree, where did 2018 go? Love to all May17 ladies πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx
Community Champion

Mishy, I'm still blogging!  It's growing! I think I have a bloggerholic disorder.  I'm just pleased its supporting people with this sh***y disease.  Hope you are doing well. xxx

I'd just like to say I wish you all a very happy 2019.....!   Keep strong, keep positive - stay happy! x

Ladies here's to a 2019 filled with πŸ’– laughter and good fortune as you say mai may it be kind to us all πŸ‘­
Community Champion

My dear May ladies, may 2019 be kind to all of us.  xxxxx

HappyNewYear.JPG

Hope eveyone has a good Christmas. And Happy New Year xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 2019 here we come.

Hello Mishy , Shi ✨ and all the lovely ladies. I hope you are all well and enjoying the festive season. I’m doing good and enjoying family time this year. I have been less emotional than expected. The anniversary of my heart surgery brought up mixed emotions but Christmas was a huge distraction and I enjoyed every moment even getting up at 6am ( when are kids too old for that?) although I did go back to bed for a power nap before putting the turkey on. The leaking living room ceiling made Boxing Day extra special!! All fixed now though.
Here is looking forward to another year. Still appreciating what I have .
Lots of love to you all x x x x

Just wishing you fantastic ladies a wonderful Christmas you are probably all busy enjoying the Christmas build up not affected by chemo rads or surgery so enjoy
Wishing all of a a goid one with an even better 2019 πŸŽ„πŸ’–πŸ‘
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Just want to wish all you amazing beautiful may ladies a very happy Christmas and a lovely new year and thank you all again for being so amazing and looking after us oct17 thread 😘😘😘❀️❀️❀️Love you πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Hi ladies Mai πŸ‘ pleased to hear you are a community champion well done!! you have looked after everyone on the forum during your own treatments and still now offering advice much needed reasurrance and some fantastic information through your links and of course your blog xxx thank you Mai β™€οΈπŸŒŸ
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Rockin around the πŸŽ„ have a happy holiday πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺgot some decorations today, is it too soon to be getting Christmas crazeeeee πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺthrish that’ll be lovely for your 50th πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘enjoy β€οΈβ€οΈπŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx
Community Champion

Shi, I haven't even thought about Christmas yet and last year after chemo and surgery I was mega organised on Amazon because I couldnt get out to shop!  Hooray for spontaneous shopping! Heart  xxx

Lovely to hear from you Trisha and glad you *and your teeth* are doing well.  xxx

Mishy, you and me too on the whoop whoop skipping in and out of those shops this year!  People just dont realise how lucky they are to be well enough to go out Christmas shopping.  Hope you are doing well. xxx

Hey ladies Trisha good to hear from you too i agree this Christmas needs to be a good one no online shopping this year im hitting the shops whoop whoop can't wait πŸ‘ hope everyone is well sending you all my πŸ’–

Hi girls. Been awol. Sorry. Hope your all doing well. I'm determined to have a good Christmas after such a rotten one lasr year. My 4 days off from rads I felt so poorly. Anyway Have a mini break for my 50th in January at Centre Parks :-)
My 2nd Zolendronic infusion 8th November and all good with my teeth!! Lots of love Trisha xxx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»Just wanted to send everyone a dance and ❀️❀️❀️❀️Hope you are all looking forward to Christmas πŸŽ„ πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx
Community Champion

Community Champion

Thanks Mai. Is this IGF carbs from food?
Community Champion

Hi Jay, well done!  x

For anyone interested, just wanted to share this piece of research with you: https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-01-specific-protein-breast-cancer.html

IGF is found in dairy products and Tamoxifen and Metformin are known to reduce IGF levels (as pointed out in Jane McLellands "How to Starve Cancer" book. 

Today is all about wearing PINK and bringing awareness to Breast Cancer.  At the same time I've held numerous fundraising events - raising funds for Breast Cancer Care.  This charity is here - it's full of advice, support, friendship and hope - long may it continue x

Wolfee - it's the same for me on my thyroxine - I have to take it at least half hour before breakfast and any drink containing caffeine!  That's every day....!!!  x

Tatyana, that’s so encouraging so maybe I can reverse this bone thing? Yes I’ve been reading that it’s so important that you take on an empty stomach. Oh my!!! Early morning Emma without that 1st cup of coffee β˜•οΈ Watch our nicky, postman or any other human that may cross me on this morning each week!!!!!!!! Hahaha I’ll take it then jump in the showers hopefully by the time I’m out and dry the 30 mins will be almost up!!

Wolfee I was on those alendronic acid pills for a while after my first BC, I had the early menopause thing and was on letrozole so they did a scan and just like you, suddenly I had osteoporosis. I took the pills for two years, they are a nuisance to take because you can't even have a cup of tea only water and I can't function without a coffee as soon as I wake up! But I didn't have any side effects from them, and the good news is that after two years, they repeated the scan and I didn't have osteoporosis anymore! Yay! So it's worth it. I hope it works just as well for you!
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Wolfee hope you get your tooth sorted so you can start your tablets, it must have been a surprise to say the least finding out, but at least they know about it and are treating you wolfee ❀️❀️ Treehouse ✨✨✨✨✨just for you 😘😘😘Mai, glad you posted your blog on new oct18 thread ❀️❀️Think it’s very helpful and done beautifully πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Jay, it’s a mountaineering/ski shop it’s on a corner in Kendal, if you phone the tourist board, they will tell you the name of the shop, sorry I can’t remember name of it only how to get to it πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Me too - I don't think we have anywhere in my area either!

Thanks Shi for the tip though - I'm investigating further...!

WolfEE - good luck with the acid pills - they don't sound very pleasant but at least they've discovered the problem and hopefully this pill will be the solution to further problems.

Good luck too with the tooth - when are you having it done?

Is like some custom insoles. Don’t think anywhere on Milton Keynes does them????

Alendeonic acid 70mg.
One per week on empty stomach before eating or drinking first thing in the morning and then you must stay upright for half an hour so ot doesn’t agitate your food pipes

Jay do you have groupon app on your phone. They have special heel pads and socks on offer. We have just ordered them.
I had a dexa scan a few weeks back it was supposedly to see how my bones are now as a starting point so they can monitor going forward any deteriation going forward because of the early menapause from having overies out and not being able 2 take HRT
It was a shock to find I already have it. I had an email from my gp saying a prescription for bone strengthening weekly pill has been sent to pharmacy for me to pick up. I can’t take them though until my troubled tooth comes out at the end of the month. (I think the medication can weeken your jaw and it. An break when having a tooth out)
The pill they are giving me is called something acid I’ll quickly check and post the name in a sec after googling I think it can help prevent spread of cancer on bones or it might be used once it has??
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Wolfee, sorry to hear that 😘😘how did you find out? Jay there is a walking shop in Kendal that mould inner soles specifically to your feet that you wear in your shoes that will help you with your issue, my husband had that and since he got those a few years ago he’s been ok, just thought I’d mention it β€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈπŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

WolfEE not the best news ever and I'm so sorry to hear it.  How was this diagnosed? 

I've still got the on-going high blood pressure 150/90 and I'm on Ramipril - got to double the dose!  

The underactive thyroid is due to my immune system attacking the thyroid glad - quite possibly as a result of the Herceptin/Radiotherapy treatments.  I will know more when I see the endrocologist in January!!  In the meantime, taking my 50mg of throxine a day is making me feel amazing!

I've got the on-going pains of planta fascilitis which again was aggravated by the chemo and has regular flare-ups now where it's so painful I simply can't stand let alone walk!  Can't take ibrophren which would help because of the heart meds but can use the gel.  However, Dr gave me an exercise sheet yesterday - four quite basic exercises to do twice a day - I'm not the best at getting in a routine but must say after doing them this morning my foot feels a little more comfortable so I must persevere.

In the meantime, I have just one thing to say - active "treatment" for cancer might be out of the way but my goodness I'm rattling just as much with all the subsequent meds.... not counting the healthy supplement pills!!!  Oh shake, rattle and roll..... and good wishes to all.  lol xx

Oh no I’ve now got osteoporosis!!!!!

Hi Treehouse how are you doing these days yez funnily enough ive got a cold too isn't it funny we could ward off the plague during chemo days should have kept some of the remedies up πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ i feel strangely detached from the events if last year its as if a different person went through it talj about self preservation my kids reminded how its nice to be able to be in the same room as me with a cold but yeah it does take your mind back a bit to the dreaded chemo haze days x
Super excited my little Ella Bella is one in Tuesday cannot believe its a year since she came into my life she was just what was needed to carry on when it was frankly getting tough love her to bits 😍😍😍😍
Hi Jay nice to hear from you too im currently debating what to have for tea!!!!! Its a late one x

Thanks Jay. Yes it’s a cold but my usual badass attitude it back πŸ‘πŸ˜‰πŸ’ͺ🏻

Sorry Treehouse - I wasn't here after 11 to share in your pains!  I do hope you managed to get some sleep and are feeling better this morning.  I get where you're coming from - when you're feeling under the weather it's easy to recall all of last year in the spate of an hour - it can be quite depressing!  Then suddenly you'll bounce back and think to yourself - my god I survived that.... I can survive this.....!  Onwards and upwards - we are survivors - we can face any battle (especially you my lovely!).  xx

Hi Shi lovely to see your ✨ sparkles.
I’m struggling to sleep with a stuffed up nose so I’ve sneaked downstairs and come back here. It’s like the old times on the steroids. Been thinking about last year a bit lately. It pops in my mind from time to time. Mostly it’s just passing but feeling ill takes me to bad memories. I have little sympathy when family have a cold but it does suck when you’re sniffing and sneezing 🀧.
Moan over. Hope everyone is doing ok.
X x x x x x.
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Mishy yes it’s lovely to πŸ‘­πŸ‘­have quick catch up with amazing may ladies 😁😁😁 mai, my hairs πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺbut it’s hair and I’m happy, just want it long enough to get the straighteners on it which is why I’m just going with the mullet. Yes treehouse πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺyou are amazing and then some hope you have biggest Christmas planned for this year, I remember you and your neighbour in hospital going for a lap round the Christmas tree πŸŽ„ who was it who glanced up and thought Greg Wallace was outside their window? That still makes me laugh now, you all have the best humour πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Treehouse i have the Alice bands too the ones with scarfes on Mai i love your analogy of hair its right actually i do know one thing it has never been in such good condition as it is atm xx

Georgie is always lovely to have something to focus on so keep that wedding as your focus you will be looking great and feeling in the mood for a celebration when i was having my chemo my focus was on my 1st grandchild she was born on the morning on my 5th chemo i was my daughters birthing partner watched my little ray of sunshine being born then went to chemo straight after with a new focus on getting the job done!!! You might find by making something like maybe a wedding journal ir something might help take your mind somewhere else during treatments i made a baby hamper and scrapbook
Treehouse Mai Daffodil Annie great to hear from you too as well as Jay and wolfee isn't it great to hear from everyone xxx
Community Champion

Hi Georgie, you just focus on getting to that wedding. Planning for it will give your spirits a much needed lift, and hopefully take your mind off the current stuff a bit. Apparently I had a rough time with chemo. My Onco thinks the F bit is old fashioned so I was put on EC-T. Unfortunately I had three infusions, followed a week later by a hospital admission. The last one was a corker as I went into rigor and was in hospital a week. Turned out my body didn't like my Hickman line! My fourth infusion was ok as the Hickman wasn't used. So we are all very different, but with the help of my team I'm through it all. As you will be. Onward and upward. X