Re: May 2017 chemo starters

Treehouse - Well done lady, you are through the other side!!! Hope your not feeling too groggy and get a comfy nights sleep and painkillers are doing a good job.  Sending you big hugs πŸ’œ xx

Hello beautiful team. Welcome shi happy to receive all sparkle offers. So my calves are being massaged. My pee is blue and my boobs are lumpy but I couldn’t be happier

Well done Treehouse. Rest up, sleep well and tomorrow is a brand new day! xx

Well done treehouse. Sleep and recover. Speak soon xxxx

Well done treehouse xx
Highlighted

Well done Treehouse, glad your surgery is over now and you can focus on mending. Take it easy. πŸ’—

Well done treehouse hope you are feeling better later x just rest and tc of yourself xx

Done. Sleepy. Will catch up soon x

Wolfee , mamoplasty it like lumpectomy but incision is under breast so like upside down t shape from nipple. It also lifts and reduces as shi mentioned. I had it on both sides! So boob job too! Lol x

Glad you have sorted treatments andi. Rosie and myself also had weekly treatments for our 2nd half of treatments. I had 9 weekly paciltaxol and it was much manageable and went quickly considering. I ended up with picc line though as veins had enough but think that damage was through ec.

Mai you do make me chuckle! You must be doing well now if you are managing to work just after last chemo. Well done you! Xx

[ Edited ]

Tatyana, speaking of chemo brain: I decided to get back to work (from home) today and in my lunch break I fell asleep on the sofa, when I woke up I came and sat back at my desk and within seconds spilled a whole mug of herbal tea all over myself! Goodness sake! 🎭 πŸƒ

Andi, glad you now have a more suitable treatment plan. I've had to have adjustments on the Docetaxol as it was totally kicking my ass at first. I had first dose at 100% then the last three have been 80% then 75%.

Shi, glad you are settling into the group. Have a bounce over to October starters as well. I sometimes pop onto other groups just to say hi and wish them all the best. 

Shi

HI WolfEE, Mamoplasty was where they took it out and gave me a reduction and lift at the same time on the one that needed help.  I had SB at same time while I was under in the op.  Shi xx

Andi, so glad they've sorted out a gentler regime for you. Jay, so much normality, you will soon be totally back to normal and then you'll have to find a new excuse for the craziness, you won't be able to blame it on chemo anymore! I quite like chemo brain as an excuse for when I get people's names wrong or forget stupid things. But it doesn't work on people who really know me, they know it's nothing new!
Shi, welcome. I'm like Mishy, I hang around here and in the July group where we're a bit further behind. It's been great to have support and advice from the May ladies who are one step ahead down this jolly road we're all walking!
Shi

Hi everyone, thanks very much for the warm welcome.  Katie11, 5 rads away from finishing - yehhhh, how have you found the rads?  Andi 71 - glad treatment gone better than you hoped for, i am just at the start of the chemo journey and luckily for me met Mai7 who has been my tip sparkle queen this last week - love you Mai7.  I was already crazy before the chemo (as Mai7 will confirm) but think for me being crazy through this and a sprinkling of sparkles helps me deal with it.  Love and Hugs xx

🌲🏠, I've got everything crossed for you, can't wait to hear that you have come out the other side. Lots of gentle hugs coming your way.

What does mamoplasty surgery mean? X

Hi Shi 

Welcome to the group!!! Everyone on here is as you can see very friendly and supportive, so any questions you have or just want to let off steam or give friendly advice we're all in it together πŸ˜ƒ xx

Hi Jay - It's so good to hear your getting back to 'normal' and I'm chuffed your doing great!! It's like your the big sister of the group having been there and done it kind of thing 😁

Today went better than I could have hoped for. So I unfortunately I had been reacting very badly with severe chest pains (and back pains) and ending up in A&E (5 trips in and 1 overnighter) so we've decided instead of having 2 more hard hitting sessions, we're breaking the dose down into weekly sessions!!! So side effects should be a lot easier.  

This isn't something hospitals want to do as a rule because of putting a strain on staffing and it's less cost effective for the hospital to do so.  But in the odd case theyll go for it!! The downside is a weekly bloods appointment to add to the weekly sessions, but a small price to pay for feeling slightly better.  Apparently in America, the hospitals get paid for every chemo session, so it's normal practice for a lot of chemo patients to be in and out every week! 

Next chemo is next Friday (1/6 weekly) and counting 6,5,4,3,2,1 .... πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ

Feeling more positive and less anxious now :-)

xx

Hi Shi welcome I go between her and the July group they ladies on here and over there are all lovely helping each other through treatments rants and laughs!! 😊

Hi Shi and welcome to our lovely friendly group of ladies Although if you look back through the many previous pages - I'm sure you'll conclude we're all a bit crazy - that's what chemo does to you!?!

I'm sure you'll find any info you need will be forthcoming from one of us and I hope your "journey" through chemo is smooth and uncomplicated. x