Kip

Re: June 2018 Chemo Starters

Thanks everyone, I know the bell etc is a bit cheesey, but it definately marks a point in time and meant a lot to my kids to ring it with me.   Feeling emotional today still, hoping i can fend off the worry gremlins until after Christmas at least!

Kip

xx

Lovely photo Kip and congratulations on finishing treatment xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻😁😁😁😁😁🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊Kip fantastic lovely lady ❤️❤️❤️❤️Hope you rang the clanger off it 😘😘😘sent you pm the other day don’t know if you got it? Don’t forget to choose tune for club Tropicana thread, hop on over, dance floor, Sunbed and 🍹🍸🍹🍸🍹await 😁😁😁💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺🕺💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

[ Edited ]

p.s. @Kip: I just saw that they mounted the bell right under the "Way Out" sign. Nice touch.

Ack! Edited to add: 🎊CONGRATULATIONS! 🎊

What a great photo Kip. Shame the one with your OH didn’t work out but this is a super photo and so special. Congratulations on getting through active treatment! Xx

@SallyG63 Gah, I snort-laughed at your comment. And that's even though I teared up when I read the quote on the bell when @Kip shared it. I'm a sentimental cynic or a cynical sentimentalist -- just can't determine which.

An American friend of mine -- diagnosed and treated for ER-, HER2+ DCIS a couple years at age 37, who just got word of something amiss in her follow-up scans and so is having an MRI-guided biopsy -- US shared a link to a poem, "The Fourth Sign of the Zodiac" by Mary Oliver, that she turns to at times. It wasn't my thing -- well, cynically and sentimentally, there were lines I liked and loved, and others at which I rolled my eyes -- but it might be exactly right for some of us...

Oh is that why it is?

Is it like the cancer equivalent of the naff Rainbow Bridge poem for dead pets?
Kip

[ Edited ]

Sally, Yes he probably was!   The bell ringing marks the end of active treatment.. there is a poem engraved on it which says  "Ring the bell 3 times well, its toll for all to say, my treatments done, the journeys won and now I'm on my way". 

Kip

xx

Bloody Doctors!

Useless with photos. Is your son checking his reflection in the bell Smiley Happy

I don't get the bell ringing thing and why it's done.i
Kip

I've done it and rung the bell (that's my lovely children supporting me)  did get the doctor to take one with my husband in it and when I got out, it hadn't worked!   Grrr.. never  mind nothing can dampen my smile today... hope the happiness lasts and I don't hit a low tomorrow... but for now... smiling!

Kip

x

Kip

Ringing the Bell2.JPG

Kip

Oh Sally nothing is ever straight forward is it, hope they sort the appointments... 12 hour days is not doable especially as they harp on about the fatigue kicking in!   And as for the mammogram... just grrrrrrr

KIp

xxx

Planning was ok. Kept asking if I was comfortable and the answer was no but we could the position that was least uncomfortable. I have a problem laying on my back because I get cramp up my back.

Gave me my list of appointments and all bar about three would leave me having to get on a train at London Bridge in the middle of rush hour and not getting home till between 7.30-8pm. So that'll be 12 hous out of the house daily because I'll be working too. I have basically told them it can't happen and they need to move the appointments so I can be on a train before 5. They're going to see what they can do and send out more appointments so we'll see. Start on 7th January. Also got home to an appointment for next mammogram in my remaining breast for the beginning of February after I chased it up a few weeks ago. My last one was October 2017 so if I'm back to annual from every other year then I should have had one in October.
Kip

Thanks for tips Sally unfortunately im so small i cant reach the door frame!!  Hope planning went well.  Im now booked in foe the Hope Movjng on Course jn February and also gots lots of information about other therapies available, may have reki and reflexology after xmas.  Was quite surprised to be told as a cancer sufferer uou are now classed as disabled!  And as such have all the benefit rightsnof a disabled person.  A sobering thought.  I aas also given an exercise dvd especislly designed for breast cancer patients to help with gettjng movement back and preventing lymphoedema.  So a productive afternoon. 

Great new Jen, just what you need before Xmas.

Kip, door hanging is great for cording. I had loads of it after ANC and hanging off the door frame and walking backwards and forwards cleared it over a couple of weeks, especially if you can hang with the bad arm whilst rubbing cream in and massaging with the good one.

At Guys now waiting for my planning scans.
Kip

Yayyyyy that is such good news Jencat!   So pleased for you.  Smiley Very Happy

Reddi - oh dear sorry to hear you have another bout of tummyness!   Hope it sorts itself quickly for you.

Kip

xxx

@Kip I'd missed that they played the Titanic theme at your first RT. I would have busted up laughing, making it impossible to treat me. My OH and I got hitched at the borough hall and they'd asked us if we wanted any particular music played at the end of the ceremony. We said no, thinking that they'd play some Handel or something. We got Titanic. And this was 2008.

Such nice news -- especially the sign-off on your CT scan, @Jencat. Woohoo! I can imagine it is almost overwhelming, getting all that good news at once. And @Kip, so glad that you have finally got a name and action plan for your arm pain. Now you can mend it! Hoping the same comes for the other aches -- or that they quiet as your body gets used to the tamoxifen.

@cdc Belated grrrrrings over the response to you complaint. I'll echo @Shi, however: fight the most important battles first. You've got a big surgery coming in less than a month, and you'll want to be rested up beforehand. I'd suggest doing the minimum now to keep your complaint alive -- and then, on the other side of surgery, go after them. But that's just me. You have to do what feels right for you.

My post-op update: it does seem I have a recurrence of the lovely C diff. -- that or some low-grade stomach bug. Going in to see the BCNs this morning. Think I'll have to take a car service to avoid jostling on the bus as well as reduce chances of having diarrhea in transit. At least my fever has broken and I have some appetite again this morning.

Kip, your last post made me laugh re music played whilst havingscan/rads! Smiley Happy

Michelle and Kip, I had good news yesterday, CT scan was clear of cancer! (A bit of 'fluffiness' on my left lung, but onc said it was in the exact spot where I had rads, so it is inflamation from that and she's not worried) Onc said I'm now in remission and has discharged me! I wasn't expecting that as I thought before I started chemo she'd said she'd see me alongside consultant for a few years as I'm TN. Tbh, I'd rather I was still seen, but perhaps I should think of it as good news that she doesn't feel she needs to! xx

Kip

Morning ladies! 

Michelle thanks for the response, funnily enough I saw the radiotherapy nurse yesterday for a catch up and she said I will see them again 4-6 weeks after finishing the rads and then it will be a mammogram and an ultrasound (sounds promising but I'll wait and see) 1 year after diagnosis (so May) and then regularly check ups after then. I think I am being seen by ONCs to check on progress with Tamoxifen too, so sounds the same as you.   It was good to see the nurse because I finally know that I do have Cording!!!   All the way from wrist to armpit.. .fabulous!   She showed me how to massage it gently and I am on the list for an appointment with the Lymphodema clinic so that they can have a go too.  So glad to know thats what it is.  She was lovely and I told her about the fear after finishing treatment and she said that its so so common but that they have lots of therapies and counselling and exercise classes to help and that I will always have an open door to Radio, Oncology and Breast clinic so I can call at any time for evermore if I need to chat or am just worried about something.  She said some ladies just come in when they are feeling fearful just to have their minds eased.   I asked about my aches and pains too and she thinks its chemo hangover  plus a bit of Tamox thrown in.. She said it should ease over time (not sure how much time mind!).   She also advised to keep a note of how I feel on the different brands of Tamox as some can make you feel different and you can request the chemist only supply you with the brand you like.

Reddi - I hope you are feeling ok today, sounds nasty and something else you can do without.  Take care.

Sally - That is a nightmare time for an appointment for Radio isn't it.. hopefully they can get it changed for you?

Well its the penultimate radiotherapy session today... still doing ok, not sure if I am feeling more tired.  I think over this last year I have just got used to feeling tired so its become the norm!   Had christmas music playing as they did the rads yesterday.. that was a very bizarre thing.. not sure entirely appropriate... as the song was "Simply having a wonderful Christmas time"  as a machine buzzed over head and routinely fired beams at me!   Oh well I had the theme from Titanic playing as I had my initial MRI so can't expect too much.

Kip

xxx