cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

June 2018 Chemo Starters

Re: June 2018 Chemo Starters

Hi ladies. I to am starring 5th June Fec-t like cazzy50 im happy to have date and move on through this( remind me I said that ) it will be good to chat to everyone and share experiences and tips. Good luck ladies. Val x
Community Champion

Hi Embolorry
Welcome to the forum and the thread.
Re. side effects.... The first week is the toughest so if you can get any help with childcare that would be ideal. Also if you can take any time off work then try to do so for that first week. You may get some sickness, but they will give you medication for that. Also, you will probably experience some fatigue so just prepare yourself, in terms of stocking up the fridge, washing etc. So then you can just relax.
Re.fasting.....there is a thread on here that deals with that, and also you can message Blueash who is a community champion who has experience of fasting.
Best wishes
Sue xx

I am going to but kept use the cold cap, 12 years ago, other breast, I used the cold cap lost all hair below my neck  kept all above, though it did thin a bit. As to fasting I read back over several threads and there is some very good info have a browse. Cazzy

Hi ya,
I am due to start chemo on 4th June, 3x FEC then 3xT. Am very worried re side effects as I am a single mum to two girls and have a full time job.
Thinking of trying fasting to help with side effects, but all medical people I have asked have said β€˜no’ to fasting.
Would also like to know if the cold cap is worth trying???
Thanks all

Starting Chemo 4 and 5 June , actually looking forward to it. X

Community Champion

June 2018 Chemo Starters

Hi Ladies
This thread is for anyone starting chemo in June.
Hopefully you can all help and support each other through this challenging time.
I had Chemo in 2016 and happy to answer any questions you may have.
Best wishes
Sue xx