Re: June 2018 Chemo Starters

Great news Reddi x

That is good news Reddi and I’m glad you can now move forward with rads planning xxx

Reddi, what lovely news, I'm so pleased for you! x

The results are in, and they are good. 😊

Left WLE has 3mm margins; right mastectomy had more than 2mm on all sides except anterior (skin side), which was a bit tight to some DCIS; there was a margin -- no cancer cells on ink -- but it was less than 2mm. However, my surgeon feels the tight margin is fine, especially since that side was very responsive to Herceptin, and I have 12 more doses of Herceptin to go as well as endocrine therapy. (The DCIS in that breast shrunk from 63mm to 34mm, and DCIS often doesn't respond to chemo, even when apparently related IDC is HER2+.) I'll need to watch for any changes, of course, but I am happy to be vigilant.

Plus, the nipple sample was all clear, so the nipple can stay, too. Which is really nice, since my surgeon did amazing work. The scars are going to be barely visible when all is healed.

So my appointment with the oncologist next week will be RT consent and planning for the left breast! It will be a 4-week course, as path found left was (*look at that past tense!*) actually mixed mucinous IDC, not pure mucinous, so they will want to hit the tumor bed.

It's such a delight to finally be getting to the rads stage of this journey. Hurrah!

Keeping everything crossed that you get good results this afternoon Reddi.! Thinking of you xxx

I've only just started to see minimal eyebrow growth (one side only) nearly 12 weeks (or is it 13) after I finished chemo.
Kip

Hi there Reddi and Jencat, on the eyebrow front mine came back about 5 or 6vweeks after chemo, funnily enough I did use to rub the lush soap carefully on eyebrow area!!
Reddi weird about the aches isn't it but I was wondering whether I have been over compensating on one side since surgeries etc.
Cdc hope u got on well at hospital.

Hi Reddi, I'm from the Oct '17 thread and finished chemo in March. Like you my hair has come back well (really thick on top, I've had to have it thinned out twice!) but my eyebrows seem to have given up half-way! I can feel that hairs are there, but they're not showing much yet! x

[ Edited ]

@SallyG63 Exciting! The voucher would be a complete waste on me (the one time I went skiing, I took out a mother and two small children), but the nice watch sounds fab. Good luck with RT -- 2 down by the time your read this!

@Kip I'm getting the creaky old muscle aches now, too. I don't know if it is lingering chemo side effects or Herceptin side effects or some combo. Some might be walking off-kilter to avoid putting pressure on the spots where my soles are still tender and developing blisters; some might be wakling off-kilter post-surgery. Too many confounding variables.

@ktk You're an empty nester again, now, yes, with all of the brood off at uni? I hope the house doesn't feel too, too quiet. 

@cdc How did your planning meeting with the surgical team go? Less than a week to go! I expect you must be excited and nervous. 

@Shi & @Mishy18 Another fan of the red dot shampoo here -- thank you! 🙌 

I get my pathology results tomorrow afternoon, followed immediately by ophthalmology check to see if my eye has recovered from the inflammation in the uvea and the elevated pressure/glaucoma scare. I'm so hoping they sign me off to wear contacts again. I think my eyebrow-creating is seriously hampered by not being able to see anything further than 2 inches away without my glasses. It's always a surprise to see what I've done when I put them back on. No wonder I look like my grandma. Which reminds me:

How long about til eyebrows start to reappear? Mine seem to be stubbornly resistant to regrowth (unlike my hair). But using the red dot shampoo so close to the eyes doesn't seem like a good idea -- cinnamon stings!

Kip

[ Edited ]

Yayy well done Sally.... thats great news... I love skiing but haven't been for years.. don't think these wrattling old bones could stand it at the moment!  Still have achy hips and knees, but think they are improving (or I am just getting used to them)... and going to try to join my son and husband at yoga classes soon... not sure if I will get up off of the floor at the end.. .but I'm gonna try!

KTK - no scan then... oh well just have to wait and see what/if I get through the post, perhaps nothing until yearly mammo on anniversary of diagnosis (thats what radiotherapy told me would happen).   Feels odd not having lists of appointments to attend doesn't it.   Good odd though!

Kip

x

Well done Sally for getting through 1st radio but also your competition win!  Great to hear some fun news!  Xxx

Sally ... thought I’d pop on and say congrats on your win plus great you’ve started rads ... hope sessions go well xx

Morning ladies,

I'm so excited. Not for my 1st radiotherapy today but because I won a competion on instagram. A nice watch and a voucher for 2 free sessions either skiing or snowboarding at some place called Chelski.

How do I want to break my leg?
ktk

Hi Kip, no, no scans or anything. Just a chat with the oncologist. He looked to see if my boob had recovered from rads, but that was it! Xx
Kip

I love my red dot shampoo! I can't wait for the Billy Ray cyrus
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hiya Mishy 😁😁I’ve already passed in your red dot lush shampoo tip to the terrific June girls 👍👍ladies mishy18 is a fantastic lady who 👭👭👭helped us oct17 through chemo and rads and gave us 🤣🤣😂🤣🤣😂😂😂daily 😘😘😘love you mishy 💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

👍sorry for gate crashing thread but loving the hair stories I'm a way bit in front of you ladies finished Chemo Dec 17 😨 I have been a skinhead then Jamie Lee Curtis pixie wolverine with the curls arriving I'm not kidding you 😨 then 80's football mullet Doris from the bingo complete with a shampoo and set look, the a mess more mess and even more mess 😂😂😂 currently have a curly wavy short layered type graduated Bob perseverance pays off my advice is if you want it to grow leave the sides and top and just get trimmed at back once the mullet arrives I kid you not I was sporting a one that Billy Ray Cyrus would have been proud of!!! Oh and get the lush shampoo Red in colour called new its magic for your hair 👍👍👍

@ktk Congratulations! It must be a bit weird, but I am sooooo jealous. Luxuriate in it.

My milestone today: shaved my legs! with a razor! Very exciting.
Kip

Hi ktk glad to hear things are settling down for u. Did u have a scan or anything after treatment finished? It's all a little weird isn't it after all the treatments
ktk

Happy New Year everyone. Good to hear your news. My hair is still only a couple of centimetres long and shades of grey, but looks ok. I think I’ll definitely keep it short for a while. I had my oncologist meeting on Wednesday. Now it is just yearly checkups and mammograms. It all seems a bit odd not having any treatment but I am beginning to feel more back to normal. I just need to lose some weight and get fit again!!

Just waved son goodbye as he’s gone back to uni. I’ll take daughter back on Monday. Feel a bit sad, but it has been a lovely Christmas. Kxx