61266members
323015posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

June 2018 Chemo Starters

Re: June 2018 Chemo Starters

Seems better today thanks. No pain when going to the loo. It seems cervical cancer is due to a virus from having sex. I didn't realise that. 

I found my lump a year ago tonight so have been living with cancer for a year now although it was all removed in October when I had surgery.

Hi Shi, I’ve had a look on the breast cancer now website but can’t find anything about m&s bucket collectors. Do you have anymore info? 😀

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Oh Linda I hope you are ok soon 😘😘breast cancer now need bucket collectors at M&S stores up and down the country if any of you fancy volunteering go to breast cancer now and sign up 😘😘anything to raise awareness and reach more and more people who could be in the same oblivious state we all were, we could prompt someone to go home and check themselves ❤️❤️💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Ooh Linda sounds sore,.  I dont know if thats normal but im having one on 26th so thanks for the heads up.  I imagine it is to do with hormones tho...oh what joy.  Glad Egypt was good..lucky you

Just got back from 10 days in Egypt which was fab.

Anyway I had a smear yesterday which was painful. Is this normal after menopause when on hormone treatment? The last one was ok but had not gone through menopause then although I was drier than before. I am also in pain today especially when I go to the loo.

I also had my hair coloured today and ordered new glasses. I feel more normal again now my hair is coloured again. x

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Georgiegee 😘😘nothing wrong with going the whole schebang when you are mother of the bride ❤️❤️You enjoy shopping around 😁don’t forget chemo can whallop your insides, a couple of oct17 ladies who were with me still have foods that upset tums and virtues and this we are all still more 💨💨farty bum windy than we were before 😁let us know how you get in and look forward to seeing your outfit and daughters dress. Red rose did you laugh as he hopped about 😂🤣😂🤣do you have a tailors who could make him some? Great songs too ❤️❤️To everyone 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Hi everyone,

I am sorry this is my first post for a week!  

I have been busy with various tests this past week; heart scan for herceptin, chest ct scan for monitoring the blood clot on my lung.... am getting an endoscopy soon too, as have had really severe heartburn with throwing up sometimes (sorry to be graphic....) which has been troublesome for about 2 months, and of concern to my oncologist. 

The wedding arrangements are getting there - my daughter chose her dress last year, and has a beautiful curvy mermaid tail style lacey dress with a lovely train and off the shoulder sleeves - has asked me not to show you yet, which is fair enough... June isnt far away!  I have not been very good at going out to try things on - so have been internet shopping.... had 2 dresses so far which were not 'the one', and have just ordered another few to try out and choose from, plus jackets.  I will show you all when the right outfit is found!  It has been a treat to splash out a bit on something special for being mother of the bride; however compared to what the wedding dress cost, it seems like peanuts!! 

Hopefully all of the tests I am having will prove to be good news, and that I will be able to go back to work in April, and enjoy the wedding without any worries. 

I'm excited for you too RedRose, and hope you get the suits sorted out!  There is so much to do, isnt there!

bye for now,

Georgie xxx

https://youtu.be/AnWWj6xOleY        

Time in a bottle - Jim Croce (predictive text spelt it wrong sorry) 

https://youtu.be/L7TN0hyONjw 

A million dreams -pink 

Hi ladies. It’s getting closer! 91 days 👰🏼.  Trying to get a few more bits organized, but had a nightmare with suits, or more to the point the size of my mans calves. Suits were ordered and when he tried it on he was hopping around and the trousers were just too skinny for his muscle 😏. So off we go at the weekend to find him ones that fit. Not yet Reddi, we have a few in mind such as time in a bottle by tim groce or pinks version of a million dreams. Suggestions welcome 🙏 xx

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Shi,   hello to you too!   Yes June chemo has gone quiet, I think we are all posting on May surgery as Reddi said,  i tend to pop over to both to see if anyone is around on here, in fact I pop all over the place and put my two pennethworth in!!  I love a chat and to see how others are fairing... I'm off to week 2 of my Hope course today, just baked cakes to take along ( I was delegated last week).. looking forward to it as really enjoyed last week and found it comorting to be around others in the same boat. Hope you are well...and keeping on dancingSmiley Very Happy

Kip

x

Hi, Shi! I think June 2018 is a bit quiet because our conversation is split between May 2018 surgery and June 2018 chemo starters. (I'm posting in May surgery sometimes, even though I had my surgery in December.) 

@RedRose Do you have a "first dance" song?

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

😘😘just a quick hello to see how everyone’s doing 😘😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Thanks so much for sharing the photos of your chosen dress Red Rose- you look stunning! Really made me happy to see them.  Love the choice of bridesmaids dresses too.

cdc xxx 

ktk

Love the bridesmaid dress and shoes RedRose 🥰. It is difficult to decide about the hair. You will have plenty more by June, but it will still be quite short. You look great in the wig, but will it always remind you of bc?  Whatever you decide will be the right decision and you will and do look beautiful. Lots of love Kxx

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Lovely words Shi 

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Red rose 😘😘😘so pleased you said yes to the dress, you are stunning and you glow in that dress ❤️❤️Love the bridesmaid ones too 😁😁beautiful colour. Plenty of wedding planning going on with georgiegee family at it too 😘😘 keep us posted on pictures of flowers red rose and there is nothing low-key about marrying the love of your life ❤️❤️ It’s called having a marriage not just a wedding ❤️❤️😘😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Welcome back RedRose... you've been missed, we've be itching to know the dress!!   That is a beautiful one, actually made me well up to see you in it, with and without the wig...you look amazing! Love the bridesmaids too, lovely colour and you couldn't really have any other flower apart from a red rose could you!!   Lavender yummy too.   Its so exciting... we will be arm chair wedding planners and watches from afar.. but a brilliant thing to be looking forward to after the doom n gloom of last year.   It will soon be here!  Oh and very jealous that you are managing to get the weight going downwards.. mine seems to only go uphill  Smiley Frustrated

Kip

xx

@redrose Hurrah! So wonderful to see these updates -- and so sweet. 🌹🌹🌹 I love the combination of flowers (I'm another sucker for the scent of lavender), and they will look lovely alongside your dress and the red of the bridesmaids'. You look gorgeous in the dress both with wig and without -- if there's going to be dancing 💃🕺 , I suspect the wig will go... at least based on my experience getting overheated in my wig whenever I'm ever so slightly active. 

First booster rad today -- took nearly as long as the first 15! But I managed to just get a return bus within the 70-minute window for free "hopper" fare home. I love it when that happens.

P.s. I really liked that wedding dress from the start, it was the first one I tried on but wasn’t sure because I thought it showed off my tummy but when I asked my mother in laws advice she burst into tears and said it was beautiful. I decided there and then that that’s the one I would walk down the aisle in, to be joined in marriage to her son as a nod to her xx

B621EE8F-BE14-4CAE-815E-9AA140DC7D49.jpegBridesmaids

9623B61F-5AB7-4A14-8353-192BE765052A.jpeg

Thank you ladies. Not sure if going to wear the wig or not yet 🤔. Hair is still very short and it’s not how I imagined it to be on my wedding day. Yes Georgie wedding is on 08/06/2019. Congratulations 🍾 to your daughter, lots to sort and so little time to do it 😱. Ours is going to be low key as we have brought it forward and on a strict budget tbh, we were hoping to save and do it maybe next year or the year after but with all that’s happened, we want to be husband and wife as we don’t know what the future holds. Has your daughter got her dress yet? Have you got yours? Xx

ktk

Red Rose you look magnificent. Love the one with your short hair too. It must be so exciting planning the wedding, and loads better than work!!  I’m not back yet. Still enjoying the lack of stress. I’ll probably have to go back after Easter. Keep posting the photos 👰 Kxxx

Hi Ladies, 

Great to hear all your bits of news.... 

Red Rose, is your wedding on June 8th?  

My daughter gets married on  1st!  

Georgie xx

Morning all lovely ladies! Sorry been quiet here, this new lay out is shocking and took me ages to find the thread. The wedding dress is decided! It the one I posted on the forum previously, I’m just waiting to get measurements sorted as weight is heading downwards and need it to steady off a little before the size is confirmed. Spending most of my days trying to organize the wedding 👰🏼, still not back at work yet. Residual side effects from chemo and radiation make me so so tired. Wearing a bra is also uncomfortable on left side underneath breast where radiation treatment burned me but it’s a lot better then it was. I agree with you all on the hairy front though. Slight beard appearance, leg hairy growing at an alarming rate but under arm hair almost nonexistent, on both sides. My beautician friend sorted my eyebrows out for me with a tint and shape and they are so much better as I over plucked them in the past although when she first put them on I did have a little slug 🐌 brow issues! Just wasn’t used to it 😂. Have bridesmaids dress for some of the girls and bouquet 💐 is ordered - red roses 🌹 (as OH calls me his sweet red rose) and dark blue lavender (as he loves the smell and can’t walk past it without running his hands through it) mixed with foliage and gyp and Lilly of the valley. Will try and find the photos and put it on of similar one. I hope you are all well and taking the time you need for yourselves to recover.  Eeeeeck! 98 days 👰🏼💍 xx

E10BE8DA-24FC-49F9-8BA9-4805E319C7C4.jpeg

4D8427FA-732C-459F-BACB-3855DF7EA94F.jpeg

363D371C-75D2-469B-BEE3-2417BEB1C31F.jpeg

9264BA2D-B4B1-4647-9400-1A150EB7E211.jpeg

914B2810-EC10-4E47-8953-80C23F721D3A.jpeg

BBA7DD0A-FF26-487C-9633-B3D8073D216C.jpeg

67D03020-E895-4CBD-ADAA-74BBB41DEC58.jpeg

This is the one ☝️ 👰🏼 Xx

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Reddi, hope the skin is bearing up.  I found mine didn't burn until after I had finished treatment but it soon cleared up, i used Aveeno cream on it, now its just a little darker than the rest of the skin,looks suntanned!  Glad your OH is healing, but annoying you are having to do the laudry trips!   Oh dear...

Kip

x

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi reddi, sorry to hear you’ve got 😎🥓going on, keep slapping cream on and air as much as you can and loose tops, I didn’t have bra on for a good few weeks after either. Don’t you over do thing either Mrs, just do as much as you feel you can, rads needs treating with respect too because the fatigue can be managed but only by looking after yourself and resting when you need to 😘😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

@redrose - More clamouring for dress news!

Sorry to have been quiet; I've been super busy between radiotherapy (day 14 of 20 today) and work stuff, and starting to feel and see the effects of the RT (poor little pink breast). OH's bone in his hand is healing well, so the orthos removed his plaster on Monday, but he must refrain from heavy lifting with that hand for another 4 weeks. Alas, that means I'm still in charge of launderette trips. Now that I'm starting to feel pain from RT, it will be interesting to see how this all washes out. 

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi ❤️❤️Hope you are all doing ok 👍 any news from red rose on dress yet? 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Ktk,  sorry just re-read my post.... Terrible spelling... Apologies!! My keyboard on my tablet is dreadful 

ktk

That is reassuring to know Kip. Glad you enjoyed the wedding. What wonderful weather!  Kxx

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Hj all,. Ktk glad you had a fab time in Wales and managed to get some walking in.   I did a spot of gardenjng yesterday and sche even more today, i have a very stiff knee to add to my hips and shoulders etc...the firmer hotel bed in York was definitely more agreeabke than mine!  Not sure if i posted on this bit or the mah surgery thread that i had a chat with a senior charge nurse whilst away (he was at the same wedding) and he said it takes 2 years for chemo to fully leave your body and to truly start to feel normal again so we are all cery early days still ...  Kind of reassuring that im not goimg crazy ag least!!!

Kip

ktk

Nightmare trying to get on the forum for the last couple of days!!  Wales was fantastic. Did lots of nice flat walks but ache like mad too!!  Am eating and drinking for England this weekend as I want to start diet on Monday. Love to all x

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻😁😁😁excellent effort kip glad you had a great time 👍hope you got a cheeky macerena in there too 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻Whoop whoop. Hows red rose wedding dress hunting going? Update red rose please, can’t beat a bit of you shall go to the ball shopping 😁💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks Shi had great time  .. Did some boogieing too xx 

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Enjoy the wedding kip 😁😁😁and 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻Dance your legs off girl 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Morning all,

Georgie Gee - hello there, glad you got the post sorted.   As for the eyebrows, mine are back but not as thick as before, so not sure if I'm in fashion or completely outdated!   TBH.. I don't care Smiley LOL   Just having some is fab.   I also want to see the outfit you chose.  I'm off to a wedding in York on Wednesday... had to purchase new things as the flabby body didn't fit any of the old bits!  Eek.. its registry office so nothing to grand but will be lovely to get away for a couple of days.

KTK - your chicken dish sounded so lovely, made my mouth water... and as for the walk.. well done you.  I managed to do about 5 miles yesterday (with a pub stop in the middle) but my poor legs ache like I've done a marathon.  Luckily I was with someone who is curently training for Manchester marathon and had run 16 miles yesterday before the 5 mile walk (crazy woman) so she was aching too... albeit for different reasons.   Hope you are enjoying the break away.

I've now had 4 days of aspirin and so far no SEs to speak of, hope it stays that way.   Just having to remember to take it and tick the box on the diary sheet they supply.  

Children are off school this week (down in the South anyway) and still sleeping whilst I am working.. lucky them.   Will be nice to have them around for a bit..although ask me again at the end of the week ... might be a differnt story.. not really love them to bits!

Kip

x

ktk

Georgie Gee, lovely to hear your news. My eyebrows are still patchy, not really up to shaping yet!!  Don’t forget that the fashion seems to be for heavy brows, or was that last year and has changed when we weren’t paying attention!!!🤣 I’ve been for a lovely walk this afternoon along the Ystwyth, about 7.5km. Started at 10 min per km, finished at over 12 on my knees. Still I did it!!  Waiting in the Moho for OH and son to come back from orienteering comp. chucked some chicken and veg in the Remoska with a load of wine. Will be great when they get back. Would love to see your outfit. You will defo have hair by June xxx

So here is attempt 2 (or is it 3?........) of my reply, hoping it does not disappear into a black hole somewhere in the digital quagmire!!.....

Thanks Reddi for sharing about the zolendranic acid (spelling?) and I really hope for your sake that it doesnt carry on giving you these fluey and achey symptoms!  I am still looking at research papers on this drug.....

Kip, KTK and Shi, I too have  'hairy monster' syndrome!  I was so happy, and was boasting to my daughter when those chemo drugs meant i could shave my legs with a flannel in the bath!!  You just had to touch them and they were gone! 

Have anyone else's eyebrows grown back black and thick?  I have my tweezers with me 24/7!! 

I went out for the day with a friend on Thursday and travelled about 100 miles in the car (didnt drive thankfully) and I was stupidly exhausted when I got home!  So I have said to my boss that I will not be returning on March 1st now; I cannot imagine what even 2 days in a row without a snooze and 12 hours (eventual) sleep on and off all night would be like.  I am taking piriton at night to help now, as I have a skin thing on one of my hands that itches like crazy, and was told that piriton would help - and it does, so I take it at night to help with falling asleep.  Occupational health will be calling me soon regarding returning to work, and I expect they will agree with the delayed return.

For me, it is great to have my daughter's wedding to look forward to in June (with or without hair on my head...) and I have bought my outfit now; it will be in the post early March, and I might post a photo if I like it!  So exciting (but expensive!) and I hope to be much more energetic and bouncy again by then. 

Enjoy your weekend ladies

Georgie XXX

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi KTK, lovely to hear from you and good to know I am not the only bearded lady!   Mine is fair too so thats not so bad.  Enjoy the break next week, and then onto the low carb diet.. I love carbs too so feel your OH's pain!   

And GeorgieGee - try again.. would love to hear from you...

Kip

x

Oh dear!  

Just replied to everyone but it's disappeared! 

ktk

Hi everyone!  I too have developed a hairy face!!  It is fine and fair, so not too noticeable. I do hope it goes, as Shi reports!  Had my legs waxed for the first time in nearly a year last week as we went to a party last weekend. But if a shock as they seem hairier than before!  

Ive just started a ‘Pulse’ course for cancer/heart etc rehab. It is great to be getting back into exercise again. We are away next week in our Moho, but I have warned OH that we will be on a low carb diet after that. As he lives on bread he will find it hard🤣. I want to lose some weight and regain some stamina before I can face work again. 

Love to all xxx

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

oh dear, I was doing the duvet hokey cokey last night and aching too... seems the night for it!  Hopes Rads ok!

Hubris! Woke around 3am with the flu-ish symptoms and sharp joint pain. Took some paracetamol this morning, and that plus 1.5 mile of walking to GP and extra round the hospital seem to have me at tolerable ache. Ack -- called for RT. More later.

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Jill - thanks for heads up about the robot thingy.. not me going mad then!

Shi - I'll stick with the bearded look for a while longer then...good job its blonde!   Ironic that you all you think about is getting some hair back and then wham... you get it everywhere!

Reddi - glad you are ok from the Zometa...keep well!

Georgie - how are you today?

Just taken my first aspirin for the run-in period of the Add Aspirin trial...now just got to remember to take it every day!  Lovely sunny day here again, makes me feel so much better when the sun is out.  Just remembered to do the lymphadema exercises too.. eek...sleeve on for the morning too.. seems to be doing ok..doesn't look any bigger and doesn't hurt so thats all I can ask.   Legs and butt stiff as anythign today though...I have had to change Tamoxifen to a different brand as they said there is a shortage of Teva at moment.. so perhaps that doesn't help...also I poked and prodded yesterday... bad girl I know!

Kip

xx

@Georgie - Well, so far, so good -- no obvious side effects about 8 hours after Zometa infusion. I'll report in again tomorrow!

Community Champion

The robot thing has been turned off for now - it's meant to help stop spam - they are seeing how it goes without it .

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi kip, leave the face fluff, it does go away, it’s just a bit strange to look like a fluffy chic face for a bit 😁 think they are still trying things with the new forum as the threads are all over the place on some and not taking you directly to latest posts, so there might be a few more changes yet. If you do get any problems please pm me, the threads are not reliable enough just now for me to pick any concerns up and relay to the mods. 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Morning all,

Morning Georgie good to hear from you, sorry you are still getting the side effects, not having had herceptin I can't comment but its amazing that so many people report all these side effects from teh varioius things we get given (herceptin, tamoxifen, letrozole etc) and yet many professionals deny there is a link when there so clearly is.   Depending on which person I speak to they either say that Tamoxifen causes aches and pains or no its not the drug is the menopause.. well as the drug has caused the bloomin menopause I'd say thats a link!  Oh dear turned into a rant...

Thanks for the comments about my hair, I am lucky that I have always had thick hair that grows quickly, although not grey and mad scientist like but as you say just having hair is great.  You'll get there, you still have some time until June, I found mine went from sort of sparse and stubbly to full coverage quite quickly once it got going.  I still use the "New" shampoo bar from Lush as suggested by Shi, I used to rub it on my eyebrow area too and they are back with avengance.. perhaps I shouldn't haven rubbed it there!!  Maybe it used to run down my chin which is why I have the beginnings of a fine pair of mutton chops??  Eeek.. anyone else that facial fluff still?  What should I do with it?   Never had this problem before.. oh the joys!

Reddi - hope your various treatments go well.. seems you have a full weeks this week?

Kip

xx

PS.. is it me or has the "I am a Robot" thingy disappeared?  ...

x

Thanks so much Reddi.... would be interesting to hear how you fair after your various treatments.  

G G x