cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

June 2018 Chemo Starters

2,039 REPLIES
Kip

Re: June 2018 Chemo Starters

Thanks Reddi, yes hopefully I can keep on top of it and stop it getting worse.  I am going to look up the sleeves which look like tattoo sleeves... might be fun!!!

Hi CDC - glad you are home!!

Kip

xx

@Kip My sister has been bugging me to get some sleeves for transatlantic long-haul fligjts, and now I feel inspired. I hope you've caught it so early that the sleeve is all you ever need.

@cdc Welcome home! 🏠 💤 💕

Well it’s been somewhat of a marathon and I still have a long road to recovery but so glad to be home and getting cosy on our new electric recliner. Huge thanks to everyone for the good wishes. Sorry for not replying to everyone personally but I’m just exhausted. Will catch up when I’m feeling more with it xxx
Kip

Hi Ladies,

Firstly, CDC glad you are back on the ward and that it is in pleasant surroundings, always helps to recouperate when its nice to be there.  

Thanks for all the info regarding bras and fittings etc, will come in useful for me when I get round to getting a prosthetic too.

Just been to lymphodema clinic.. thankfully cording has sorted itself out pretty much but I have some slight lymphodema to my arm, they did measurements manually and then with some kind of instrument which measures liquid or something.. so now sporting the lovely arm compression sleeve.  Don't have to wear it all the time though, just when exercising or walking or doing gardening and housework.. anything strenuous really.  She wants to ensure that it doesn't get worse so its taking steps early.   Have to go back on 3 months for a review.  Actually got a bit teary when I left, as it always seems I come away with something else when I go to hopsital.. but in the scheme of things... whats a sleeve hey! 

Kip

xx

@SallyG63 Seeing the list on Jill's link reminded me that my first BCN suggested Silima bras to me. There was one in particular she'd recommended -- the Anna -- knowing that I was trying to avoid the look and fit of typical full-cup bras. The side panels/strap of the Anna might still be cut too high for you, though, and it looks like a synthetic fabric rather than cotton. 

I'd also bookmarked a few on the Royce site: Supreme Comfort and Maisie. Neither is high cotton content, but from looking again it seems the lining/pockets are cotton.

Community Champion

Good luck - hope you find something comfortable .

Community Champion

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Sally ❤️❤️Have you got a local Macmillan centre who you could speak to about finding a suitable bra and also the someone like me on here, I’m also going to see if any of the cc’s have any suppliers they could recommend for you too 😘😘💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Wow You look stunning Red Rose! Love the detail especially the back. I’m finally on the ward now my BP has stabilised. Team seem to think that finishing chemo fairly recently has caused it to dip. This ward is sooooo beautiful! The family of a former patient paid for all the renovations a couple of years ago so I feel like I’m in a lovely hotel with 24/7 service. Really need some rest so will catch up properly once I’m home xxx

Bum, my post from earlier got lost. I did say the dress is a must to give those at the back something nice to look at Smiley Happy

Re the prosthesis fitting and bras we have nothing at my hospital. One BCN working out of a room not much bigger than a cupboard measuring herself and dishing out from the limited stock she has. No free bra or even anything to try. After my surgeries I've been left with a concave chest so nothing to hold a bra down which is why everything rides up. I also have loads of scarring and lumps and bumps near my arm pit so anything not really low cut at the sides rubs and hurts. If I'd have known then how affected I'd be I'd have told them not to do that surgery and taken my chances with chemo and radiotherapy killing the cancer in the nodes.
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Red rose 👍👍👍👍stunning, so beautifully elegant, you’ve no rum to be worried about at all. You enjoy trying in lots and lots but I think you’ve a major contender right there ❤️❤️💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Well I wasn’t expecting that, A picture of a beautiful bride! The dress is lovely Redrose and I agree with what has been said by Reddi and Kip. You look grorgeous, I hope your day is all you dreamt of! X

@RedRose -- Kip took the words out of my mouth. If this ends up being *The Dress*: Gorgeous. And if another dress usurps its position as fave: Gorgeous(er). 💎

Kip

OMG RedRose.. you bought a tear to my eye... you look beautiful.  Love the dress and the beautiful back..  You were amazing to be out there trying on dresses 2 days post chemo.... love it.. .and no big tummy!!!  more updates please!!

Morning ladies. For those of you requesting a wedding dress update, this is the favorite so far. Will be looking at others in the next couple of weeks but I do love the back on this one. Just not sure on wether it makes my tummy look big. Have to bare in mind thought that this dress was tried on 2 days after my last chemo session  xx

BAD0C495-2782-4177-9BE9-1B6B1FBC215F.jpeg

C0A94FB6-C557-45BF-AF1A-B469E19A155C.jpeg

Sally ... Just wanted to pop on and say great news you’re getting your prosthetic.... about time. I sent for a couple of NJ bras but sent them back as I wanted more cotton content... the fit was ok though. I’ve not tried Amoena yet but will be targeting cotton rich ones to try. I would really like seeing them in a shop.... would think there would be a shop/outlet in the London area. I did keep the Asda bras I sent for and they are ok after washing but they are lacey and I would prefer none but they aren’t irritating. I was given a bra from Womanzone with my foob which I was thankful for. Someone did mention m&s do a cotton zip front bra but I’ve yet to get in and eyeball it ... ive looked at it online ... only in white though. Might be worth a try. As you’re super lucky at the mo that bra could be the one ... Reddi ... pleased you’re getting sorted for rads. Hope your recovery is going well. Xx
Kip

Morning ladies,

Reddi - shame you can't join the Add Aspirin trial, I have been asked but am waiting for a call to go ahead with it.   I have all the paperwork to read up on and think its worth a shot, nothing to scary about Aspirin I don't think.  Good news about Rads though, get that over and done with too.

SallyG - Wow you really are on a roll with the competitions aren't you.. .hope you do the lottery!   Also good news about the prosthetic finally available, I still haven't contacting them about one for me, I am waiting for sign off from Rads then I will do it, although my Knitted Knockers are perfect for me.   When you tried one, did you put it in the pocket of a bra?  Mine don't move at all but maybe thats because I've found a bra which fits and is comfortable, probably makes all the difference.  I have bras from George @ Asda but I think I remember you didn't get on with those?   I think I am lucky too that my scar is just one line running across to the start of my armpit and its quite flat and not sore or anything, nothing to rub on really.   They reopened the end of the MX scar to do the ANC and he did a good job, you'd never know its been open twice!  

The Zoladex needle sounds grim... you would be very brave to attempt to do that yourself.. I had to pysche myself up each time for the chemo ones and they were diddy.   Good news that the docs can do it though, saves a lot of travel time and I'm sure you'll get used to them.

Kip

xx