LJ

Re: June 2018 Chemo Starters

Sorry you're entombed Kip - hope those numbers shoot up quickly and you're back home kicking booty soon xxx

Have a little low level back ache this morning, but as I said to DH nothing worse than having slept awkwardly and I still feel pretty energetic so I'm off for a walk with the dog in a mo - gotta get a cuppa in first!  I finished a crochet blanket yesterday so that will go to our caravan sometime over the next week and I've picked up another that's been languishing in the to be finished like for a while. Really enjoying this cooler bright weather. 

Hair deffo much thinner, but I had so much anyway I've still got a good covering. Not stopping me looking for a hat pattern to knit up as the weather chills a little!  No hairy toes here, or other hairy parts if you get what I mean ;-)  Think my eyebrows are thinning, but had deliberately chose glasses with a heavier frame before this started to help disguise!  Also have a friend's daughter lined up to help me draw them back in needs be!

Here's to good days ladies, chin, chin!

LJ

Morning Kip,

Glad your feeling a bit more human today, hope you get to go home. Hairy toes is good. It shows you have good circulation to your feet. That's what I tell myself when I look down at my hobbit toes anyway.

I have T number 4 today and it's still so far so good with no side effects at all. Where my hair had thinned on top of my head, small patch (despite the cold cap) there is hair regrowth. I'll have a really long day today. Chemo starts at 9am till whenever, about 1.3ish then I have to hang around for an appointment with the anticoagulant clinic about the clots in my arm which is at 2.50pm and then I'll probably have to hang around at the hospital pharmacy for about an hour to collect my clexane injections. I'll be lucky to get home by 5pm. Good job we have a Bank Holiday Monday. I'll need another day off (even though I had last week off).

Have a good day all.
Kip

Hee hee i know soon be able to audition for Greatest Showman .

Hello kip

The hairy toes made me laugh out loud!! What an odd thing.

Hope you are fixed up and back home soon

Sue xx
Kip

Morning all thanks for your good wishes.  Manages some sleep lst night but get woken every 4 hrs for obs then for so me reason morning starts at 5.45am...  on goes the lights and i get my IV drugs so thata sleep done.

Shi your posts always make me smile..  ill 💃💃💃💃💃 round my room !!  If you pass my errant neuts whikst on your flight could you ask Captain Costa to send them back p!ease.🛬🛬🛬

Georgee how long did yoj have to stay jn?  I am near the nurses station so noisy here too!!!  I have ear plugs now tho.  Woke up this morning with worse thrush tongue again... Feel like i will never taste again!

CDC ans ktk how are you doing?  My hair is definately fluffy now altho still white..  and a!so .ade a major discovery last night (very boring jn here!!) ..... I now have hairy toes... What???  Why??  Whats happening.. not a good look!!!😕

Wishing you the speediest of recoveries Kip! Hope you’re out of there soon and can go and celebrate with your son,  Huge congratulations to him,  What a star!  

Sending hugs and positive wishes xxx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Kip 😘😘sorry you are sheet testing in casa nhs darling. It does send you 🤪🤪🤪🤪being in but knowing you are in the safest place while neutrophils are over in Florida keeps you 💪💪💪💪girls the famous neutrophils 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻That the may17 girls all did for each other when casa nhs residents called for so come on get your gal outta there ladies ❤️❤️❤️ You can do it kip you are a 🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️Kick ass kinda gal 💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Hi Kip and everyone... 

i just popped on here as I find it helpful to see how people are doing further on in their journeys.  I have been following yours Kip, as I am on FEC T plus  Herceptin, but no hormones involved.  Had 2nd FEC today.

My advice from being in hospital for any of you is:  get some good earplugs, they are a life saver!  Or in their absence, put your own relaxing music on your phone or tablet, and put your ear phones in to shut out the noise.  I was put next to the nursing station in isolation, so it was incredibly noisy all day and night.  

I pray that your neutrophils score shoots up very soon, and that you will escape colditz! 

No one knows until being in hospital how scarey and lonely it can feel, and it can seem like a prison.  Bless you. 

Big hugs 🤗

Georgie Gee ❌

Kip

Just been told still at 0.1 grrrrr

ktk

Oh Kip, what a tough ride. Well done to your fab son. Look how well he has done, obviously taking strength from his brilliant mum! The end of your road on this hideous journey is in sight and he is in a great place to start his journin spite of it. It is incredible what gives us strength. Get well soon and get home to him!! Lots of love Kxxx
Highlighted

Oh Kip, sorry to hear you’ve been admitted. Sending all best wishes to you for a speedy recovery.
Jacq x
Kip

Well hi ladies, sorry ive been quiet but currently languishing in Casa NHS!  Temperature was 38.2 yesterday rang hotline and got sent to A&E for few hours.  Now isolated in a room until they come back up.  Habing iv antibiotics but they are still 0.1.  im so fed up, mh son got his gcse results todsy and i couldnt be there.. so shed some tears.  He passed them all tho so immensely proud.  Bloody bc takes all mh precious moments.  Im hoping to see onc tomorrow to see if j can have injections to boost cells.

Im glad to hear you are all doing well, look after your mouths girls mine still hurts.  My room is underneath a dementia ward so the screaming and shoutjng from one oftheir patients continues through out thd night, its so sad to hear a grown man screaming for his mother.

Take care ladies

From colditz

LJ

I had a good night - went to bed at 11pm and woke about 7.30am, with a couple of wee breaks through the night - one of the drawbacks of copious amounts of water!

Steroids takens, just making breakfast now - porridge and plum compote. I've already unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher and tidied round the kitchen and walked the dog.  Making the most of the cooler weather and feeling not too bad, which I'm sure won't last.

I think with the injections, it's luck of the draw with the approach the Oncology unit takes. So this time I've got three days of steroids, last one today, no Ondanstreton only Metoclopramide if I need them and the blasted injections. They've given me muscle ache over the last cycles and the Oncologist warned me that the T aches hit about the time you start taking the injections so I'm expecting a double whammy!

Hope your days are good ladies and side effects minimal. 

LJ

ktk

Yes that sounds right Sally. Not even made 2am!! Kxx

It's not injections Cdc, it's infusions and it only for post menopausal women as far as I can make out. Onew every 6 months for 3 years is nothing so no hassle at all really.

Will definitely check out moving my chemo day so I can do the cooking course.

Sorry to hear you’re needing more injections ktk, LJ and Sally. How do they decide you need them or will we all get them on T? Hope you all manage to get a good nights sleep.

Hugs to everyone xxx

Lisa Marie Thanks so much both for the info re the mouthwash and especially ideas for places to purchase mermaid items. The tail is amazing! X

Yeah that's the one
ktk

Bisphosponate!
ktk

Is that the bid phosphate Sally? I will be having that too. Kxx