cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July 2018 Chemo Starters

Kip

Re: July 2018 Chemo Starters

Hi, funny how we panic when  we get SEs then panic if we don't hey.  Just enjoy it if you can.  I've not got any hols booked for the summer just chilling at home.  I was wondering about travel insurance though so let us know how you get on with that.  A  cruise sounds fab tho, i am definitely having a holiday next year I think we will have earnt it by then don't you ladies!,   my mother in law is going on month cruise to carribean in  January and I've offered to carry her bags for her!,

Morning all.
Another good night's sleep. No ses for me on day 3 of cycle 1. I've been so lucky up to now! I hope it doesn't mean my tumour isn't being attacked!

Hope all ok!
B xx

@Karen942 I haven't had chance to investigate travel insurance with cancer (no need to just yet, as I've got no plans to travel abroad at the moment), but I did bookmark this blog post about the issue for future reference: http://www.chris-cancercommunity.com/travel-insurance-from-a-cancer-patient-perspective

Morning Kip & Cdc,

Sorry to hear your mouth is sore , I have not had this problem just too of my mouth for one day but didn’t need anything for it which was good . I guess we all get different things which affect us, my legs hurt a lot behind my knees weird I know 🙄 and just felt blah really after both sessions. Still I think this one has been easier and one more to go on the FEC 😀
Hope the kids breaking up can help a bit with being able to chill when you need to without school runs and the parents glancing and chatting amongst themselves , I had that picking my oldest grandson up , had the short haircut etc so know how it feels 🙄

Decided on taking all of them for a picnic today , gets them out , no cooking a roast and a tidy house , winner winner 🤣

Looking to book a week cruise on my good week to the Fjords , I live in Southampton so it’s easier than flying and the healthcare is fab , just got to get insured 😳. Last minute booking just in case ...

Have a lovely day all of you look after yourselves 😊

Yes it always seems such a shame that we start feeling good all for it to start over again!
My niece doesn’t break up till Tuesday either. I have a friend whose kids go to two different school within 200 yards of each other. She booked a holiday for the last half term holiday only to find that the younger one wasn’t sit to break up for, school until a week later! Are you managing to get away at over Summer? . I’ve been told I need to stay within 1 to 2 hours journey from the hospital. We have booked a few days in a hotel set in lovely grounds. It has some on site activities we can all do too. No swimming or spas this year tho 😢

Beckett How are you doing today? Not too bad I hope.

With regards to hair growth I seem to have some bristles on my scalp which seem to grow and other areas with nothing. My eyebrows are staging a revolt and growing inordinately bushy! Still waiting for the hair on my legs to go!! Xxx
Kip

Hi, cdc what way to end the school term .. what is wrong with some parents hey!  My daughter doesn't finish until Tuesday so 2 more days to go.  My sore mouth staterd again week 2 but it got better again thankfully in week 3.  Not looking forward to Chemo 3 as feeling good this week.

Sorry can't remember who asked about hair growing but I have bristles on my head still and it does seem to be growing which is strange.. but am hoping they don't disappear as hoping  its a head start for regrowth.

Belated birthday greetings Karen! 🎉🎉🎉 

How are you this morning? Hope the SEs are relatively manageable.  The dry retching is horrible! 

It’s great that your grandchildren are just so accepting.  I think in general the children I meet are sometimes curious.  I haven’t  experienced any negative reactions thankfully.  Some of the Mum’s asked me how I was at the picnic because they’ve obviously noticed me having my hair cut short and then in a variety of head coverings.  I’d rather they come up and ask me than just stare so happy to tell them what’s going on.  I always say that the week after chemo I feel horrendous then the next two I feel fine which reassures me and them!

i have a returning SE this morning - sore mouth time again which seems to happen at the end of week 2. Luckily I’ve kept some medication from last time so hopefully it will work again.

Hope you have a good day xxx

Beckett,

I missed you didn’t I , so sorry 😐

Really pleased you are doing well and you too managed the cold cap 👍🏻. The sicky feeling is horrible isn’t it but does pass, don’t over do things as the steroids make you full of beans , saying that I was busy today too so shouldn’t preach 😏 , still wake at midnight too been up since 7am...

Best wishes

Karen
X

Hi ladies,

Day after 2nd round check in 😊

Had to stay all day again as the damn C drug in the FEC and I still not getting on and they had forgotten to put it in a drip so additional hour wait to get going. Still I slept as soon as I got in for two hours and then again all night a few hours later 👍🏻

Does anyone else get the strange feeling of waking from an anaesthetic with really low blood pressure on this as soon as they put the drugs in? Strange reaction the nursing staff think , luckily had the same nurse 👍🏻

Today feeling better than round one though , although ran to the sink a few times thinking I was going to throw up this morning, didn’t and it passed after a few hours.

My big 50 wasn’t as big as planned but did have a lovely day on Thursday , had one G&T 🙄 . House full of flowers , some for my birthday and some I get as a a nice gesture for chemo , not everyone knows I have BC but my work pals send me lots of flowers which is lovely 😊

How are you doing Fran, any further to a start date ?

Kip how are you doing? Thanks for the good luck message 😉. Is some of your hair still growing , mine is shaved off too but I swear it’s growing already 😂. Be gutted if it wasn’t going to all fall out and I shaved it...

Hi Claire , well done on your first chemo and braving the cold cap 👍🏻. I couldn’t tolerate it at all even in this heat so you did well 😊. Pleased you are doing well.
Hi Clare (cdc), thanks for the pre chemo message. Pleased you are having less Se’s this time round, what is AC chemo if you don’t mind me asking? My youngest grandchildren don’t bat an eyelid at my hair they 3 and two year old didn’t even ask where it had gone, whereas the 8 year old thinks it’s the funniest thing ever, boys ! 🤣

Lal , hope all is going well with you and pleased your pic issue has been resolved without a hospital stay.

Hats off to you all with young children it must be very difficult coping with it all. Maybe it will easier if they are off school and you can have more PJ days, actually is it harder when they are off school or not ?

Try and book up the look good feel better it really is a little me time and feels like a little treat just for you 👍🏻

Gosh that was a long one, sorry if I missed anyone out.

Onwards and upwards for us all in the next week, hate the fact that we feel fine and then know we are going to go through it all again but we will get there.

Hugs and best wishes to you all 😘

Sorry I do love an emoji...

Karen

X

i also go a bit mad when my appetite returns Kip. Might as well enjoy our food when we can. I have no appetite at all in my first chemo weeks. We’ve been celebrating three family members birthdays today so of course had to try each of their three cakes!

Hope Cycle 3 goes ok on Monday. Half-Way yippee!

I’m aLao adapting to the bald look and decided not to wear any head coverings inside today. Wasn’t sure what my nephews and nieces would think but I don’t think they even noticed after a while. I’m loving the easy morning routine too. XX

Hi Lai reflux is horrible. I’m getting it a little. Glad the omeprazole is working. Hope you get a good nights sleep. X

Hi Claire Yes I’m also a Clare!

So sorry to hear about the bad cold and even worse, the neutropenia!  Hope you recover quickly and the coughing and bad wind have abated!!  Fingers crossed you’ll be home very soon. 

Your kids sound great! I’m hoping my daughter will be fine once she gets to the holiday club.  She did go occasionally last Summer but never for a full  week.  She’s sociable and will be fine but she’s been more tired and emotional than usual because it’s the end of term and  probably because she’s had a lot of late nights recently with school events etc...  As they broke up from school early on Friday, a lot of kids from different schools in Islington ended up going for picnics on Highbury Fields .  We’ve never been before as usually we try to get a head start on our holiday that day. This year I thought it would be a fun way to end the school term.  How wrong was I?    It started so well with a lovely picnic but by the end it was utter chaos!  There was a water fight which got totally out of hand and then two parents started having a full on row as their kids were laying blows on each other.  Apparently one child had been bullying the other the whole year!  Really didn’t think it was appropriate for the adults to vent their anger on each other in front of all the children so I was glad when they both stormed off in opposite directions.  At one point it looked like they were going to have a physical fight too! It was not a fun and relaxing way to end the term in the slightest.  Don’t think we’ll be doing it again at the end of Year 5! 

Its a shame your daughter found out about your BC that way but you obviously handled it well and now things are out the open it must be easier in many ways.  We can’t protect them unfortunately.  As we were walking up to the fields from school yesterday,  two girls were walking in front of my daughter and her best friend.  I heard one child  announce loudly (in a way that made me think that they wanted my daughter to hear)  “Well she had cancer so of course she’s dead now”. I was shocked and my daughter and her friend looked upset.  Momentarily I didn’t know what to do but then, in as unemotional a voice as possible, said “Well most people don’t die of cancer and my treatment is working so i’m not going to die” which seemed to reassure them.  

I know there are no absolute guarantees but not sure what else I could have done in the circumstances.

It’s hard when comments are made out of the blue but I feel because I’ve been honest it has helped my daughter cope and we had also shared the news of my diagnosis with certain friends and their families already in the hope of ‘normalising’ things.  In my good weeks, so usually two out of three, I feel very positive  which I think helps.  For the first time in my life I am being forced to put myself first and in some ways it’s liberating., I do have my days when the worry gremlins come for me but it’s usually when the SEs are at their worst and at least I know they won’t last forever.   

Hugs Clare xx

Kip

Hello July-ers... glad things going ok, sorry to one of you had to stay in hospital, hopefully it wont last long and you recover quickly. As for the itchy head..  I fear the shedding is approaching..  Mine was itchy and sore their starting going... day 15 cycle 1 I had to brave the shave but although it was distressing at the time, you quickly adapt and in this weather the bald head is a god send.  Taste buds do return too, mine came back by weeks 3 so enojiyjgna week of eating everything I can.. ready for Monday and  cycle 3.

Thank you ktk. I will have a look.
Sam xx

Sorry! I mean klaree

And cdc hope your infection clears up quickly!! X

Hi
First round ok thus far! Even cold cap for 3 hours wasn't too bad. I was very tired when I got home and started to feel a bit sickly early evening. Took one of my emergency sickness tablets and was fine. Slept well and full of beans this morning even cleaned the fridge. My daughter did my injection but I know I will have to get over it and do it myself eventually! I've been told day 3 is when you can feel bad so going to make the most of today.
Hope all you ladies are ok.
Hugs to all

B x

Morning all

So day 4 of 2nd round of fec and new se appeared - acid reflux not nice but got hold of omeprazole from gp which appears to be working. Been a bit of a plank this morning think cos I'm tired from steroid insomnia and didnt reduce my steriod dose as I should - the upside is I don't have to take any more today so may get some more sleep tonight. I am actually feeling a bit better this round I think it being less hot is helping- though I am I in Buckinghamshire and they are forecasting 30 degrees again tomorrow so that may change.

Hope everyone's ok and coping with se's

Lal

Hi cdc1811. (I think you are another Clare right?)

Your daughter will love summer camp when she starts.... mine do although apprehensive to start as they did not know anyone and they are separated into groups for their ages.....fingers crossed she likes it!

My girls have actually been handing it really well although the 10 year old found out by hearing me on the phone telling a friend which was not great....she then came in and asked me ‘Mum did you just tell someone you have breast cancer?’ We both had a little cry but now we keep everything out in the open but just factual as advised by a Macmillan nurse and so far it’s worked well. I did find out recently that they do talk to teachers about it which is fine as the school has been great and so long as they are getting the support they need from us or school that the important thing.

Saying that my 10 year old had a cry tonight... I think she got worried as we had to pack them off to family last minute as i’ve been admitted to hospital...initially with temperature at 37.6 and a stinking cold, sore throat but after having my bloods done an hr ago I have neutropenia...so a stint in hospital for me for the next couple of days...it was going so well! Only thing is i’m In a ward with 3 other ladies and I can’t stop coughing and I also have bad wind at the moment....I asked the nurse if there was a another toilet so I could go and fart and there isn’t so these poor ladies will have to listen to me farting and coughing all night!

When’s your next chemo Clare?

Hi Beckett, how did you get on today for your 1st round?

Karen, hope your feeling ok after round 2 today!
Good luck on Monday kip and I had a burnt mouth feeling also....oh and head is starting to get very itchy....not sure if that’s the hair follicles giving up or I need a wash 😂 I think I’ll be shaving the rest off soon myself.

Hi to all the other ladies on here...loving the posts x
ktk

Hi Sam. Have s look at Life Kitchen on FB. It is brilliant and provides recipes specifically for the lack of taste issue. They do free courses so see if there is one near you. Kxx

Day 8 of the 1st cycle of EC, Sam's taste buds have been evicted (imagined BB voice style haha). It's weird for everything to taste the same, completely bland and actually tasteless, and for even the strongest flavours that usually would burn my face off to have no effect whatsoever. I hope it soon comes back as I'm losing my appetite because of this. I know it could be worse (eg mouth ulcers, sores, etc) so any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Sam xx

Hi Claire. I’m glad you’re first cycle of chemo went ok and you managed to cope with the cold cap. Glad your side effects seem manageable. The medication chart sounds great. Might ask my hospital if they can do something similar as I’ve been getting confused. I’ve had one spot on my face for a while -now you’ve mentioned about the zits I’m wondering if it’s chemo related. I also have loss of appetite for a few days after treatment which then comes back with a vengeance! I’ve got cravings for white chocolate and crisps! Glad you like your short haircut. I did the same initially and everyone said I looked great and younger! I eventually shaved it all off. Yesterday My 9 year old daughter said she couldn’t imagine me with hair now, She thinks I look cool bald and also likes my beanie headwear which has been admired by her schoolfriend?! She got a bit upset earlier when I told her that I’d booked her in to a holiday club. It’s only for the week after my next chemo and I just know I won’t be up to much that week and think she’d rather have the opportunity to play with kids of a similar age than staying at home entertaining herself. . How are your kids getting on? Well I’d better get off to bed. Have a good night xx

Good luck with cycle 2 Karen. Great to hear tumour is shrinking. I’m on the waiting list for a LGFB course but might have to wait until November!

Great you’re almost half way through chemo Kip. Hope Monday goes ok. Have you been told anything about the T part of treatment? Can we expect different side effects? Read something about numb hands and feet. Oh joy! Hope it treats us all kindly. Xxx

Hi fellow Chemo’ers, been a while since my last post in this thread but I have been following you all on your chemo experiences which helped me prepare for my start. So here is my 1st check in....

Diagnosis: Grade 3 ER5/8 HER23+cN0 MX or in my simplistic terms Grade 3 HER2 positive BC 😉
Started Chemo on the 10th July (2 red and 1 clear meds) and managed the cold cap. I initially was not going to do the cap but that morning had my over colour processed hair cut really short and shaved round the sides and I love it and everyone approves including my 6 and 10 year girls... so the nurses and OH persuaded me to try it and at 1st it was fine...it does gradually get more uncomfortable as time goes on and I felt the onset of a migraine lurking but the full migraine never really hit...I’ll give it a go next time and see how I get on. The 5 days after chemo I had no major side effects, I was expecting the worst, sickness and diarrhoea but have actually been really lucky. I took my meds as prescribed...the pharmacist at the hospital was lovely and created and printed off a sheet for me with the medicines and times to take them and colour coded each medicine which I really really needed as I was a bit spaced out (or very very chilled) during the days after chemo...tastebuds were all over the place so appetite was not great and had a ravenous thirst on so carried around a 2ltr bottle of water. Day 6 and 7 the fog in my head has cleared and I feel almost normal again except for ZITS....yes since day 6 zits have been appearing on my face...the horrible zits I had when I was teenager...I think it probably the toxins coming out so will try and flush through with water. Oh one other thing is my appetite had returned with a vengeance.... and I want to eat anything and everything.....chocolate, the kids cereal with cows milk...I gave up cows milk when I was diagnosed and moved onto almond but I think my body wants it again...has anyone experiencing zits and ravenous appetite?

Right better get back to attempting to do some work now that I can 😉...oh and housework ☹️ Have so much washing and cleaning to do where I could not be bothered last week.
2nd Chemo on the 2nd Aug.

Good luck ladies with you next treatment and look forward to your posts 😘
Claire x
Kip

Hello July Chemo Ladies!!   Glad to see you are all doing well and dealing with the joys of chemo.  I have had 2 x FEC so far, next one is on Monday followed by 3 x T so almost half way.  Must say the thought of the chemo is actually a lot worse than the actually thing (so far that is!!).. I have had some strange mouth problems, dry, bit sore feels like its been burnt, foggy head and nauseaus feeling but they all pass and by 2nd week I feel almost back to normal.  I braved the shave on day 15 of cycle 1 as the hair was really falling out, I've got used to being a baldie now, I have a wig and various hats/scarves.. thats not to say i can't wait to have hair again.. althoug not teh washing and styling of it!! 

By the way I am ER+ HER- and had a single MX (no reconstruction) back in May... keep on keeping on girls...

take care Kip xx

Hi ladies,

Hope all is well for all of you.

Welcome to Fran and Beckett and Mishy 😀

Had a busy day, oncology appointment with a different dr today as my usual dr was away. He didn’t discuss the issue of the MRI guided biopsy so I thought I would leave it until next time and talk it through with my other dr she seems much better. 🙄

All good to go for cycle 2 on Friday with a slightly different mix on the C part which made me ill last time... good news is the tumour has shrunk by half a cm already , yay 😃

I did the look good feel better after my appointment and have to say it was fab and well worth doing. Taught how to draw on eyebrows and enhance your eye make up which was very useful, not to mention the goody bag with lots of very good make up , Chanel, D&G, Clinique, Lancôme. The ladies were lovely and we all had fun, book up if you can 👍🏻

Using a mixture of wigs and hats has helped get used to the lack of hair and been getting out and about a bit more after hiding away for a day or two.

Good luck to all those having treatment this week , another step on the road to beating this 👊. Stay strong and positive 😘

Best wishes

Karen

Glad you got the PICC line sorted iamstillme and that you got to go home, Hope the injection went ok. Have a restful night x

Really glad you’ve found us Fran! I’m also on the June thread but my regime 4 x Ac and 4 x T means I’ll be starting the T part with some of the people on the July thread. it’s worth a peek at earlier months because you can really see how people are progressing and find a wealth of information and advice about how to cope with SEs. I had my second cycle of AT last Tuesday and I think I’ve recovered more quickly this time around. It’s hard not to stress at times but as you say what’s to come will come. I’ve realised that I cope best by dealing with things on a day to day basis but also arranging a few things to look forward to such as seeing friends on my good weeks. I’m quite enjoying trying out different headgear too! Enjoy the sunshine.
Best wishes Clare xx

Hello ladies, I'm Fran in South Herts.

Have just read all 6 pages of this thread(!) and have to say it's marvellous that everyone is so upbeat, everything I've read has been informative and helpful.

I was diagnosed at the beginning of May and although I've now had my surgery it was delayed a couple of times after the MRI picked up two further areas that had to be investigated, secondary cancer in the breast and also in the lymph nodes so on 12 June I lost a few pounds, bye bye right boob, and some lymph nodes, thankfully ct & bone scan shows no spread. I saw my oncologist today (I think I fell in love a little bit hehe) and he tells me I'm due to start EC T chemo in the next couple of weeks, I think he was a little alarmed that I wasn't stressing over what's coming but it's gonna come whether I stress or not right? I told him that I knew I was in the right hands and was just along for the ride. Knowing how all you lovely ladies are doing is definitely going to help me deal with stuff I may not want to burden my daughters with.

I've decided not to opt for the cold cap even though I too will probably look like Daniel Craig and anyway I've always fancied swanning around in a variety of different hats, and it's just another (perfectly valid) excuse to go shopping 😁.

I'll lurk on here reading about all your experiences and will post again with my own experiences when my journey has begun. In the meantime I'll be sunbathing like mad until then hehe

Good luck lovelies

F x

Thanks Shi. I'm doing fine, meds are working as they should be so SE are practically zero at the moment. 1st G-CSF injection tonight, scary but I will do it! I have a very high pain-threshold so I know I'll get through it.
PICC line bled Saturday so went to A&E to get it changed but ECG showed a discrepancy and blood tests showed an abnormality so nearly had to spend the night. Luckily I had no other symptoms so they let me go home instead, phew!

Thanks! Xx
ktk

Hi Beckett. I’m TNBC too. I’ve had surgery and two cycles (of 6) FECT. It is all doable. Keep positive. Xx

Thank you! Lymph nodes are positive. I know that means removal during surgery but not sure 8f it changes my survival chances. I'll ask the breast nurse later.
B xx
Community Champion

Hi Linda.
Yes, me too, but they still do the extra tests anyway. I guess each hospital /oncologist is different.
Sue xx

@Sue C I had a SLNB so as it was clear they did no more tests even though it was 51mm when they did the MRI.

Good luck for Friday Beckett. Such a difficult time waiting for results and waiting for your first cycle of chemo so it’s unsurprising you’re feeling low. Don’t worry about having to manage feelings on here. We’re all going through it and have good days, ok days and downright hideous days and one of the great things I find about the forum is being able to express myself without fear of judgement, Sending hugs xxx

Hi,
I start my chemo on Friday, 20th July. More results tomorrow. I'm TNBC. Feeling very low today but have usually managed my feelings well. Good to hear positive things.
B
X

Ladies hope you don't mind me jumping on the thread. Noticed my mate shi has mentioned pushing for gene testing if any of you have been turned down, i did im currently waiting for my results i am post treatment 6 months now!!!! Had the triathlon of op chemo rads!! Doing well have full head of short curly thick hair feeling much better than ever since it ended was denied gene test (was tnbc with node inv) as i was nearly 46 on diagnosis however my persistent nature paid off at follow up after treatment persuaded the bc team to send me got an appointment at genetics in may had test back end of may just waiting niw i don't regret asking for it being a pest does pay off!!!
Goid luck to you all with your treatments there are plenty of lovely cc on her inc Shi who will be of invaluable support as well as your ladies in here xx take care xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Lal, good book for Tnbc is surviving triple negative bc by Patricia prijatel. It helped me. Also positive tnbc survivors are Shannon Doherty, robin roberts, Joan lunden. Have they suggested brca test to you? If not push for one. There are triple negative threads on here, so please jump on them too 💕💕✨✨shi xx

Hi Lal
If you use FB then search for triple negative warriors uk as I run a forum dedicated to tnbc! Karen I’ve sent you a Pm after your request but you’ve not responded yet?
Chemo has started and I’ll be here until 5/6 🤣
Good luck to all other ladies this week with side effects, treatment etc - these forums are fab 😀

Hi Lal67
I got my wig and the same evening i did shave my hair. glad i did, been to hot to wear the wig.so wearing Bandanas and loving them.

All the best.
Highlighted

Good Morning Georgie Gee.

I had the same, and felt like you too, i just wanted to get going.   But now i have had my second  Chemo   Feeling more chill out. I was told the left hand  was not communicating with the right hand  at the Hospital but got sorted pretty quick.

All the best.

Hi ktk

Definitely not Googling - had already decided to just deal with the here and now for my own sanity - trusting my onco and treatment plan.

Lal x
ktk

Hi Lal. Welcome to the TN club! Do not google! Just get on with the treatment and we will be fine! Onward and upward! Kxx

Well have decided that my good 3rd week of cycle has not been so good on this first cycle:
A week long period - was premenopausal before I started this chemo game so not unusual but could have done without it.
Had the sniffles - ironically I have passed it on to colleagues at work and they were all worried about me catching something off them! - got bloods today ahead of chemo on Weds so hope everything in correct range.
Got a copy of letter from onco to gp which seems to say I have TNBC - suspected it could be as knew at diagnosis that I was ER neg but hadnt had pr or her2 results- have now! Seeing onco this pm so will talk to him then.
And finally yesterday I did the shave - cue tears all round - do feel better for doing it now and had a quick look on you tube for scarf tying ideas - have got a wig but think it will be too hot.

Have decided the only way is up - the sun is shining and I am feeling ok today.

Good luck to those on 2nd chemo this week - may the se's be manageable.

Lal

First EC done on Friday. Just felt groggy/hungover so far. I have had anti emetics and steroids prescribed for 3 days but nothing else - no injections or anything. No cold cap so have been bought headscarves and a hat by my cousin and I want to get a wig sorted out. I hope you are all ok xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Kirk and ladies, tip for dry skin during Chemo, underly smooth moisturising cream with urea from Amazon, it’s brilliant on hands and feet and a tip passed on from our darling tatyana 💕💕✨✨shi xx
ktk

Hi Georgie, my sleep pattern is all over the place. I am often wide awake at 3ish and that seems to be fairly common. I got a rash on my chest hand hands last cycle. I thought it was heat rash, but now think it was also chemo related. I have found my hand getting very dry so keep well moisturised. Hydrocortisone helped a lot. In terms of meds, if I need anything mid cycle I just ring the GP.

Have a restful night xx
Community Champion

Yes...I had to take them the day before chemo, on the day of treatment and then the day after. This was for every cycle. I'm not sure that everyone has the some though. Probably depends on type of chemo and which hospital you go to.

Aww thanks Sue, I will get some sausages in!! Is that the first 3 days of each cycle?..... 

@Georgie I had less difficulty sleeping during the steroids than I'd anticipated, but I did have trouble sleeping between diagnosis (2 May) and my treatment plan / chemo consent meeting (19 June) -- which I entirely chalk up to anxiety.

I was particularly aware of every ache and twinge, things that in the past I would have explained away as tendonitis, my liver cysts grumbling, ovulation, etc., and in actual fact, they were still those things. The anxiety of the diagnosis got to me, as it does to quite a few people, I suspect. What especially worried me was a burning sensation across the skin of my chest and back and left shoulder. It would come and go, sometimes as I was having difficulty getting to sleep, but one time it came at the breast clinic, while I was waiting for an US of my lymph nodes and biopsy of any that looked irregular. During the biopsy, the nurse demonstrated that I wasn't burning up by placing her much warmer hands on the area. Afterward, I discovered that this burning sensation was an anxiety response -- a vicious feedback cycle, where my anxiety was causing my body to overstimulate the nerves, causing the sensation, which made me anxious, which cause the sensation.

I found my sleep started to get better after I understood this anxiety response and then talked a few times with a counsellor at the local cancer support centre.

OH reports I'm now snoring like a kitten again. Only thing that disrupts my sleep are the trips to the loo (drinking 3+ litres of water a day does that) and the occasional bone pain I get during the days I'm having the filgrastim injection, which helps to boost my neutrophils.