cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July 2018 Chemo Starters

ktk

Re: July 2018 Chemo Starters

Hi Beckett. I’m TNBC too. I’ve had surgery and two cycles (of 6) FECT. It is all doable. Keep positive. Xx

Thank you! Lymph nodes are positive. I know that means removal during surgery but not sure 8f it changes my survival chances. I'll ask the breast nurse later.
B xx
Community Champion

Hi Linda.
Yes, me too, but they still do the extra tests anyway. I guess each hospital /oncologist is different.
Sue xx

@Sue C I had a SLNB so as it was clear they did no more tests even though it was 51mm when they did the MRI.

Good luck for Friday Beckett. Such a difficult time waiting for results and waiting for your first cycle of chemo so it’s unsurprising you’re feeling low. Don’t worry about having to manage feelings on here. We’re all going through it and have good days, ok days and downright hideous days and one of the great things I find about the forum is being able to express myself without fear of judgement, Sending hugs xxx

Hi,
I start my chemo on Friday, 20th July. More results tomorrow. I'm TNBC. Feeling very low today but have usually managed my feelings well. Good to hear positive things.
B
X

Ladies hope you don't mind me jumping on the thread. Noticed my mate shi has mentioned pushing for gene testing if any of you have been turned down, i did im currently waiting for my results i am post treatment 6 months now!!!! Had the triathlon of op chemo rads!! Doing well have full head of short curly thick hair feeling much better than ever since it ended was denied gene test (was tnbc with node inv) as i was nearly 46 on diagnosis however my persistent nature paid off at follow up after treatment persuaded the bc team to send me got an appointment at genetics in may had test back end of may just waiting niw i don't regret asking for it being a pest does pay off!!!
Goid luck to you all with your treatments there are plenty of lovely cc on her inc Shi who will be of invaluable support as well as your ladies in here xx take care xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Lal, good book for Tnbc is surviving triple negative bc by Patricia prijatel. It helped me. Also positive tnbc survivors are Shannon Doherty, robin roberts, Joan lunden. Have they suggested brca test to you? If not push for one. There are triple negative threads on here, so please jump on them too 💕💕✨✨shi xx

Hi Lal
If you use FB then search for triple negative warriors uk as I run a forum dedicated to tnbc! Karen I’ve sent you a Pm after your request but you’ve not responded yet?
Chemo has started and I’ll be here until 5/6 🤣
Good luck to all other ladies this week with side effects, treatment etc - these forums are fab 😀

Hi Lal67
I got my wig and the same evening i did shave my hair. glad i did, been to hot to wear the wig.so wearing Bandanas and loving them.

All the best.
Highlighted

Good Morning Georgie Gee.

I had the same, and felt like you too, i just wanted to get going.   But now i have had my second  Chemo   Feeling more chill out. I was told the left hand  was not communicating with the right hand  at the Hospital but got sorted pretty quick.

All the best.

Hi ktk

Definitely not Googling - had already decided to just deal with the here and now for my own sanity - trusting my onco and treatment plan.

Lal x
ktk

Hi Lal. Welcome to the TN club! Do not google! Just get on with the treatment and we will be fine! Onward and upward! Kxx

Well have decided that my good 3rd week of cycle has not been so good on this first cycle:
A week long period - was premenopausal before I started this chemo game so not unusual but could have done without it.
Had the sniffles - ironically I have passed it on to colleagues at work and they were all worried about me catching something off them! - got bloods today ahead of chemo on Weds so hope everything in correct range.
Got a copy of letter from onco to gp which seems to say I have TNBC - suspected it could be as knew at diagnosis that I was ER neg but hadnt had pr or her2 results- have now! Seeing onco this pm so will talk to him then.
And finally yesterday I did the shave - cue tears all round - do feel better for doing it now and had a quick look on you tube for scarf tying ideas - have got a wig but think it will be too hot.

Have decided the only way is up - the sun is shining and I am feeling ok today.

Good luck to those on 2nd chemo this week - may the se's be manageable.

Lal

First EC done on Friday. Just felt groggy/hungover so far. I have had anti emetics and steroids prescribed for 3 days but nothing else - no injections or anything. No cold cap so have been bought headscarves and a hat by my cousin and I want to get a wig sorted out. I hope you are all ok xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Kirk and ladies, tip for dry skin during Chemo, underly smooth moisturising cream with urea from Amazon, it’s brilliant on hands and feet and a tip passed on from our darling tatyana 💕💕✨✨shi xx
ktk

Hi Georgie, my sleep pattern is all over the place. I am often wide awake at 3ish and that seems to be fairly common. I got a rash on my chest hand hands last cycle. I thought it was heat rash, but now think it was also chemo related. I have found my hand getting very dry so keep well moisturised. Hydrocortisone helped a lot. In terms of meds, if I need anything mid cycle I just ring the GP.

Have a restful night xx
Community Champion

Yes...I had to take them the day before chemo, on the day of treatment and then the day after. This was for every cycle. I'm not sure that everyone has the some though. Probably depends on type of chemo and which hospital you go to.

Aww thanks Sue, I will get some sausages in!! Is that the first 3 days of each cycle?..... 

@Georgie I had less difficulty sleeping during the steroids than I'd anticipated, but I did have trouble sleeping between diagnosis (2 May) and my treatment plan / chemo consent meeting (19 June) -- which I entirely chalk up to anxiety.

I was particularly aware of every ache and twinge, things that in the past I would have explained away as tendonitis, my liver cysts grumbling, ovulation, etc., and in actual fact, they were still those things. The anxiety of the diagnosis got to me, as it does to quite a few people, I suspect. What especially worried me was a burning sensation across the skin of my chest and back and left shoulder. It would come and go, sometimes as I was having difficulty getting to sleep, but one time it came at the breast clinic, while I was waiting for an US of my lymph nodes and biopsy of any that looked irregular. During the biopsy, the nurse demonstrated that I wasn't burning up by placing her much warmer hands on the area. Afterward, I discovered that this burning sensation was an anxiety response -- a vicious feedback cycle, where my anxiety was causing my body to overstimulate the nerves, causing the sensation, which made me anxious, which cause the sensation.

I found my sleep started to get better after I understood this anxiety response and then talked a few times with a counsellor at the local cancer support centre.

OH reports I'm now snoring like a kitten again. Only thing that disrupts my sleep are the trips to the loo (drinking 3+ litres of water a day does that) and the occasional bone pain I get during the days I'm having the filgrastim injection, which helps to boost my neutrophils.