61172members
322551posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July 2017

Re: July 2017

Thanks Angela I will look at that one.  With my chemo brain I just couldn’t face trying to sort a potted history of the last five years where I’ve learched from one hospital to another.  

I’m not sure I could get husband to massage my feet as he would want me to return the favour with his bad feet! Yuk!, never liked his feet 🤣

Carole enjoy your trip im going to Scotland for a few days tomorrow Angela hsve a lovely day out with your mam and daughters its quite nice out but chilly but sunny
Missa hope you are feeling a little better today and yeah fab news about the trial immunotherapy im have every faith you will be in the group that receives it and the her status as Angela says opens up possibilities for othe drugs which you may not have benefit from before i hope yiu have ordered that pillow!! Tatanya you toi lovely have a good weekend im not sure how weather is going to fair up but hopefully you will get some time in your garden and Kimi hi too haven't heard from you in a while hope all is good
Angela how you doing on your treatment i hope its going well xx take care ladies as always got your hands 👭👭👭

Morning Carole.
Your holiday sounds absolutely lovely. Just watching the weather and apparently temperatures are on the rise. 🌞
Apparently insurewith was set up by someone with bc and is very good so maybe something for you to look into for next year.
A lot of secondary ladies use it. I spoke to one lady in the chemo ward who has all sorts of ailments as well as liver and bone mets and she paid around £105 for insurance with them for a holiday to lanzarote.

Hoping you find the perfect pair of comfy shoes. My husband has been rubbing my foot while we watch telly on a night and it seems to be working. 😳😳
Totally shocked; it isn’t half as bad as it was. Xxx

Have a good day out x

Missy that’s great having a friend donate that to you.  I think you need a TV in the bedroom and a goose down pillow. As Angela says get the occupational therapist to provide lots of free aids to help you in the house.  If you are on immunotherapy there are very good things coming out of that, even cures according to the news.

as Angela says maybe HER drugs will help too. 

I’m off to buy comfy shoes today.  GP doesn’t know if it’s Letrozole side effect or plantar fasciitis or something but suggests comfy supportive shoes amongst other things.  Something else to make me look old 😕👞👞👟

i wanted to holiday abroad this year but insurance is just too complicated as I’ve had lots of other health problems in last five years and they want details of everything 😩.  So I have organised a bit of a trip for our last week holiday of the year.  We are going  to Windsor to see the castle etc for one night, then beautiful Bath for three nights, where I’m meeting a few chemo buddies, then on to my favourite spiritual home St Ives for three nights.  Can’t wait. 😀🏰🕍🏖🚙💜

Morning ladies.
Missa you have some very generous friends which speaks volumes about how well liked you are. 😀
Hoping social services have sent in an occupational therapist to sort out your equipment.
A telly in the bedroom sounds like a great idea. I’m enjoying better call Saul on Netflix at the minute. Also a thumbs up for peaky blinders.
I had a read about your trial. Sounds good. It is an immunotherapy drug so 🤞 you’re on it. Bloody brilliant news about your breathing. 😀😀😀
When I was first diagnosed with liver mets they biopsied to see if the cancer receptors had changed. Apparently they do in around 30% of cases.
This could hopefully be beneficial to you as you’d become eligible for other drugs. 🤔
Hoping everyone else is good today.
I’m off out for lunch this afternoon with my mam and two daughters. Happy days. 😀

Missa that is interesting about the her 2 does that mean you may benefit from herceptin now? Im pleased the maggies are contacting re the aids and adaptions to your house it will make things so much easier for you getting about im pleased to hear that your pain is settling a little and you are persuasive enough to get a tv in bedroom are you watching anything giod at the moment i have been watching box sets on Netflix my son has an account so i got an amazon fire stick so we can use it too im currently re running Peaky Blinders which i have to say i could watch over and never get tired of it fab programme also got into the Crown decided to see what all the fuss was about its really good its hard to imagine prince Philip in his younger days but i reckon the guy who plays him Matt thingy from Dr Who has got it spot on!!!!!
That was lovely of your friend to give you that voucher treat yourself to seem really nice pillows i love the goose down ones expensive but i love them x
Very good to hear they are keeping you on the trial too xx
Take care xxx

Hi all, how are you doing today?
An interesting appointment today with my clinical trial nurse and a random onc covering for the head of the trial. They did a biopsy of my groin nodes as part of the pre-trial testing and the results have shown that I now have small amounts of HER cancer cells mixed in with the triple negative cancer cells. Apparently it can mutate into a different type. I was worried about them pulling me off the trial but they're continuing as is for now.
Still in pain but it's bearable. Interestingly the little wheeze I had when I breathed in deeply seems to have gone, which is hopefully a good sign for my lungs.
Got in touch with social services as Maggie centre advised me that they're responsible for stuff like wheelchair ramps and bath lifts as really starting to struggle to get in and out of the bath. Husband been washing my hair with my head over the bath and I've been doing a sink wash but not the same as a proper shower. I feel the same age as my gran and she's almost 70...
Friend donating a £300 amazon voucher she won in work to me so we can spend it on something nice. Husband trying to persuade me to get a TV for the bedroom. I've said no since he moved in with me years ago but given the amount of time I'm spending in bed atm I'm softening to the idea although I might insist on some new pillows and a cup holder for the wheelchair 😂
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Patricia prijatel not Patricia privately 🤣😂🤣🤣sorry text gremlins about ladies 💕💕✨✨Shi xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Missa ❤️❤️❤️😘😘😘🤞🤞🤞🤞the trial is success 🙏🙏🙏🙏 M D Anderson in USA have been making great strides for tn and also Patricia privately who is a tn survivor has a good blog for info 😘😘😘hi tatyana how lovely you spent some time with grandson, they are sunshine for the soul aren’t they😘😘 I was in a shopping centre and there was a car in there, someone’s little boy snook in the car and tooted the horn 😂🤣😂🤣😂it echoed really loud round the shopping centre, the mum looked so embarrassed as she took him out and away from the car with everyone watching and the little boy was just laughing his head off 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣children’s laughter there is nothing that sounds as beautiful is there 😘😘😘💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Missa lovely to hear the news of your little neice who is arriving soon what a lovely name lily and a wedding is always guaranteed to make you happy isn't it!!! I echo the girls re the trial im sending you loads of positive vibes you are a 💪 lass and enjoy your nee soon to be Auntie Missa status bye the way can i also say your husband is an absolute gem where did you find him!!! Seriously though Missa i have told you before he sounds so wonderful and he is your rock so enjoy your, you him and the cat cuddles on the sofa
Michele 👭

Missa I’m pleased you have a new baby and a big wedding to look forward to. A positive focus is good and I pray you will be around for a long while yet and watch Lily grow up. How old are you? Is immunotherapy an option for you?
Have a good Sunday everyone.

Morning missa.
It’s great that you have things to look forward to. We have to try and enjoy every day so this disease takes as little as possible from us.
I’m not religious but I’m asking the universe to please let this clinical trial work for you. Don’t give up.
I’m also on the American inspire site where there’s a lot posted about clinical trials and I know some of these are having success with TN ladies. I’m not giving up hope that yours will work for you. You’re such a positive young woman with a good sense of humour and I’m sure this is helping you through the tough days.
Hang in there and try to take some pleasure from every day. Scary as they can be.
P.S. your husband sounds fantastic, you definitely picked a good one. Xxxxx

Missa, I'm so glad you have some good stuff to look forward to, a wedding and a new neice! And Lily is such a beautiful name. You sound so positive in spite of all the cr*p that this horrible disease is throwing at you. I know how hard it can be, so well done you! Every happy moment feels like a victory, even if it's someone else's happy moment!

Thanks for the kind words ladies.
I've been liaising with the macmillan palliative BC nurse who is a whizz with pain relief apparently. She's tweaked my meds a few times and aside from a couple of really bad days I can tolerate some discomfort. They had me on oramorph but it made me really spacey so switched to oxynorm. They're both opiate based and whilst they do work for pain, they don't half mess with my digestive system!
It's been chucking it down all day here so just had a sofa day with the cat and husband. I really don't know what I'd do without him. I need help getting dressed, getting out of bed and in and out of the bath. He's doing all the cooking and housework too. Luckily he's self employed so can do this but the measly as hell DWP will only pay him £280 A MONTH for 140 hours of caring. £2 an hour. Isn't it a joke?
I guess I'm lucky only having a very small bust. I lost 23lbs between Jan and July this year (the majority I'm going to say deliberately) so my silicone boob is now too big so I'm sticking with my knitted knocker. Although I've mostly given up wearing a bra since the underband digs into my rather tender ribs at the moment.
Somewhat relatedly, I did get rather drunk at a house party a couple of months ago and decided all my closest friends needed to see my scar and so just unhooked my bra and whipped my top up 😂 luckily we're a very tight knit group and everyone was very supportive!
I don't know if it's of any use to anyone but I'm on the Impassion132 trial at the Christie.
Tatyana, sorry to hear about the picc, your poor veins are having a hell of a time. They've insisted on a port for me since the trial requires a whole host of additional blood tests and I'm down to one arm owing to the lymphodema. I refused the final blood test after I'd had treatment last week. Bless her, the nurse was so lovely and she tried her best but it just wasn't happening and I was miserable and in pain so just went home. I hope they'll replace your picc with a port ASAP. They look so much simpler.
So for some good news, my second niece is due on the 5th Nov and I am determined to cling on until then to meet her. Me and my husband said if we chose to have kids and had a girl we'd call her Lilth Rose, Lily for short. I don't know if I ever told my sister this but my niece is going to be called Lily. My sister got engaged too, was meant to be a long engagement but they've brought the wedding forward to 24th Nov this year so I can be there. Lots of good stuff to look forward to.

Well girls i hace a ff to g on my good boob and naughty boob is a ee to f so i now call them little and large and yes the after effects of treatment even as a tn lady with no extra drugs my neck thing according to my neuro doc could have been made worse by the radio therapy his words and wants to check density of my bones after a chemical menopause my gift from chemo!!!!
Heres to scarfes floaty tops wonky titties and oh dodgy hair haha enjoy the weekend everyone xxx

That is big Carole. 😳 the rest of the women in my family are f cups so I suppose I’m lucky. 😀
Here’s hoping your get your diep soon. 👍 x

I’m a 38dd, or I was when I had two!  Going to ask the plastic surgeon to reduce me down to no bigger than a C.  Weirdly I kind of resent my big droopy surviving boob because I have to match up to it.

Yes Carole. The effects of bc treatment are lasting. I know what you mean about the boob. I’m having the most terrible hot flushes and this massive silicone thing stuffed in my bra is doing me no favours. 34D. 😳 And I really miss having two. 🙁
I guess that’s another thing I just have to put up with. 🙄
Haha. I definitely think we can cope with a few swear words tatyana. And I think we probably say a few more than other people, even if they are under our breath. 😀

Carole, I'm with you with the big prints and long scarves -- so glad the weather is a bit cooler and I can wear nice drapey scarves or long cardies without getting boiling hot! Nobody tells you how uncomfortable a falsie is.  I'm still very sore in that area (swollen glands etc due to secondaries and also inflammation from the chemo sometimes) so I can only cope with a softie. No matter how many different bras I try, I can never find anything that is comfy all day. I honestly wish I'd asked them to do a boob reduction on my good side at the same time, so I wasn't so lopsided and could just go bra-less all the time! Hey-ho.

Angela, I think we can cope with more than a few rude words after all we've been through, don't you?!! ;-)

Carole and Mishy, totally understand your feelings, I had 15 good years after my first diagnosis and all that time it was at the back of my mind somewhere that it might come back. Having said that, as time goes on you do worry about it less, and it honestly does help you to enjoy life more, because unlike most people, we genuinely understand that hey, we're not here forever, only for now!

So Carole, enjoy your celebrations, and Mishy enjoy your lovely granddaughter.  How quickly a year has past, surely she was only just born a few weeks ago! Saw my six-year-old grandson last week, such a boost to the spirits getting a guided tour from him of his favourite playground, complete with descriptions of what you can do in the sandpit, the pirate ship, etc!

All the best to everyone, with and without secondaries, hang on in there and enjoy the sunshine...which we just had a very brief glimpse of here, even though it's only just stopped raining!

Angela you’re right it is a **bleep**ty disease. Even without the secondaries we are left with many problems. I’m seeing GP on Monday to see if I should stop letrozole for a few weeks and see if it helps my many side effects like my feet. People don’t understand that and say well you wouldn’t stop taking it. They think it gives me a guarantee of keeping cancer free and have no idea how bad I feel sometimes. Well I probably will continue with it for the extra percentage it’s adds to my chances but I’d like to know how many of my side effects are due to it.
Also I have a bad sore at the moment at my mx site because the surgeon left a load of folded skin after removing rejected expander and with the silicone prosthesis it gets very little airflow. But nobody understands that I am hoping for Diep recon. They just say you wouldn’t know I’d had a mx. Well I would with the lopsided, different sized uncomfortable false boob. So now I’m walking around as a uniboober to let the sore heel. Thank God for flowery shirts and long scarves x

Maybe you ladies wouldn’t of been able to cope with a word that is similar to poo. 🙄😂

Oh. No swearing then. 😂

Ps. That was supposed to say **bleep**TY disease.

Morning Carole and Michelle.
I totally understand your anxiety. I was the same before my secondary diagnosis. People used to say ‘so have you been given the all clear now’ as if that’s what really happens and then that’s the end of that.

There’s so much people don’t know about bc. One of my friends couldn’t get his head around the fact that it was in my liver. He said that’s not possible, it’s BREAST cancer.
I think the absolute truth about this **bleep**ty disease would shock most people.
Anyway, enough doom and gloom. Yes, let’s all hopefully get outside today and enjoy some nature and sunshine. And obviously in my case I’m sure that will include a glass or two or three of wine. 🙄
Making the most of my liver while it’s still working well. 😀🥂
🥂🥂🥂🥂 to your hubby Carole. Hope yous have a wonderful weekend. Xxx

Sorry Missa not Mussa xxx

Carole thats exactly how i feel i hope you are well apart from your foot and hope you have a fab time at the theatre and your hubby has a lovely birthday sorry for the rant before ladies it just gets to me for all if you it really does you are all such 💪👭
Hopefully the sun will come back out today and we can all get iut and enjoy it Mussa you will be able to get out and about so much now apparently we are having an Indian summer this month i hope so as it was chucking it down yesterday in Newcastle 😂seeing my little Grandaughter today always guaranteed to make me smile that one!!! I cannot believe she will be one in a few weeks 😨

Hi ladies
Missa I’m sorry you are having such pain and problems. I can’t imagine how you are coping emotionally and physically. Make sure you get out in that wheelchair and enjoy the sun, trees, flowers etc. So good for the spirit to be out with nature.

Tatyana that is a pain having the PICC again. I was so grateful for mine during chemo but oh so glad to have it taken out. Wouldn’t want one again! I agree with Angela perhaps the port would be better and less limiting.

I know I’m lucky not to have secondaries (that I know of) but it is always there in my mind and I still find planning the future is hard and don’t know what to say when people ask if I’m all over the cancer. I feel like I’m tempting fate if I make out that I’m cured but on the other hand don’t want to believe that it could possibly come back. We just have to live for the moment and hope for the best.
Hope you all have a good weekend. My husband’s birthday today so we are off to the theatre tonight and family round tomorrow xx

Morning ladies Tatanya good to hear from you sorry about the picc line how frustrating Angela hi i will look you up on Twitter today!! Reading through the recent posts from all of you has made me feel so frustrated i can't believe that a trial offered for secondries would have a placebo i know they have do obviously do the trial but surely they should make shre if you have multiple mets they would make sure the drug is given when i finished my treatments i practically begged my onc if there were any trials iht the for TN prevention trials could i go on but not, i agree too tgey are so flippant to suggest that they think you are cured when actually thats not quite often the case my family think I'm negative when i say i have cine ti terms with the possibility that mine will come back it may nit also, i know so many who have and it it rubbish to think that still in 2018 this happens thank god for this forum and everyone on jt, its a scary **bleep**ty cruel disease i truly hope as research advances they can offer more i am just pleased to hear that you are all tolerating the drugs Missa hope you are feeling a little better today sweetie fir now kadies 💖👭

It’s good that at least they’re open to the idea tatyana. I really hope you manage to get one. The pic lines seem awful. Another one of the crappy things we have to bear. Xxx

I asked about a port and in theory they would do it, but apparently you have to wait ten days for the implant to heal before you can get chemo, and they didn't want to delay anymore at the moment. Maybe when I've finished my planned six cycles of gemcarbo ( this is number four), depending on what's next!! It does sound like a good idea, I met a lady on the ward who showed me hers and was thrilled with it!

Morning tatyana.

Good you could have your chemo but sorry to hear about the pic line. 🙁 could you not have a port? I’m not 100% sure but it seems the in America this is the standard now. A pic line can effect holiday insurance? And as you say things like swimming.
My veins are also knackered. I absolutely dread getting bloods taken now. You’d of thought I’d stuck an orange up my arm the last time my gp took it.

About the 60 to 70% who are apparently cured. 🤔. As most women who get bc are over 50 most of them just die of something else before the cancer wakes up. I’m not sure I believe anyone is actually cured.
Here’s hoping that these TIL and immunotherapy trials can actually bring an end to this disgusting disease.
I think if more people knew the actual true figures then more money would be put into secondary treatments. Here’s hoping. 🙄 xxx

Hi Angela, yes thanks my bloods were fine so I got my treatment, but a reduced dose in the hope of not hitting the blood so hard next time. I'm happy with that, if having a smaller dose means it doesn't keep getting postponed!

What I'm less happy about is that they've finally given up on my veins after repeated trouble with cannulas and this time some of the chemo fluid started leaking from my poor leaky vein, you can't have that! So they sent me straight down to ultrasound to have a picc line put in, then I came back and got what was left of my chemo dose!

I was hoping to avoid a picc this time cos it's just a hassle, no swimming (but I wasn't swimming anyway because of infection risk with my feeble neuts), an awkward shower sleeve which I hate with a passion, and an extra weekly trip to get it flushed. But hey, at least I'm spared all those needless needles!

I so agree with you about the lack of attention to secondaries and especially TN. After my first cancer diagnosis I eventually figured out that what they were really saying is that it may never be cured, only if you are lucky you'll die quietly of something else in old age before it has time to get you! But I don't mean to be too pessimistic, because of course for 70% of people it never does come back!

Morning ladies.

Missa I wish I could give you a hug so I’m sending a virtual one and crossing everything that this clinical trial works for you. I hate that you may be on a placebo. I understand the need for this sometimes to eliminate the power of mind possibility but for secondary patients it just seems like too much of a gamble.
They say 30 to 40% of ladies with primary bc will go on to develop mets (nobody tells us that) yet only around 3% of government funding for bc goes into secondary research.
It’s absolutely shocking that there aren’t more treatments available. And much much more needs to be done for tn ladies. It makes me so angry.
Sorry for the rant. When I get my head around my new situation I’m going to start campaigning or something. Haven’t decided what, but feel I need to be doing something rather than just sitting back complaining.
On a nicer note, the wheelchair, what a great thing for your friends to do and what a lovely uncle you have. I’m hoping the cape works wonders for you.
Michelle I’m on Twitter. Stupid long name
Angelao56980027
Good to hear from you tatyana. Hoping your bloods were good this week.
Good to hear from you too shi. Hoping we all have a lovely weekend. Xxxx

Missa, so sorry you are having such a hard time. Do press them on the pain relief. Who's looking after this side of things for you? Sometimes the GP is good at pain management, or else the Macmillan nurses can help. Don't be shy about asking anyone and everyone until you find something that works. And fingers crossed for the cape, I know some people have had very good results and minimal SEs.
How lovely your friends are to get you the wheelchair, and your uncle for fundraising. Aren't people amazing! Sending love.
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Missa❤️❤️❤️Sorry beautiful that you are in pain, have you spoken to your team to see if you can have any painkillers/morphine? That’s a beautiful thing that your friends have done with the gift ❤️❤️And positive news about the clinical trial 👍👍you will be monitored closely won’t you even if you are on the placebo? I take cbd oil and black cumin seed oil as a tn, have you tried either of these? 👭👭👭we ❤️❤️❤️You and always here for you 💕💕💕Shi xx

Re the trial missa why do you nit find out which group you are in and are there no others with guaranteed treatment i know that there are different trials going on but don't know if it is in different trusts and certain criteria to get them xxx

Hiya Missa do not apologise for feeling weepy you are having such a tough time atm and i cannot begin to imagine how it can be affecting you so you must be kind to yourself , your freinds gesture is a reminder of just how lovely some people can be how lovely they did this for you so you can get out and about with your family im nit in Facebook Missa but know that the group is meant to be a fab one im nit in WhatsApp either i know some of the girls i met at the maggies and hospital are but i am on twitter if you are on that ir any of you July girls
The soine pain i can empathise with you a little on that and don't have mets its so bloody frustrating knowing thst my lovely July girls are going through this its so unfair i want you all to know i hold your hands wherever you are sending you 👭👭💖💖 and positive vibes xxx

Hi ladies,
Well I'm back on the chemo wagon. Tablet based capecitabine this time. I also just scraped my way onto a clinical trial for metastatic TNBC. Only a 50% chance of getting it or the placebo but we'll have to see I guess.
Doesn't seem to be as bad as the tax/carbo or the EC fortunately but the secondaries themselves are causing no end of pain. I'm on slow release oxycodone to help with the hip/leg/spine pain but I'll be honest, it's getting worse and quickly. Guts are in chaos from the handfuls of pills I take daily and I wheeze when I breathe in from the lung mets. Sorry kinda been a rough week so feeling pretty low about it all.
Friends pooled together and bought me an all black, easy to manœuvre wheelchair, I couldn't stop crying when they gave it to me.
Mishy are you in the TNBC warrior group on fb?
My uncle did a 100 mile bike ride for the Christie and raised £771 which I'm pretty chuffed about.
I hope you're all as well as you can be and although I don't post often, you ladies are often in my thoughts. We started this journey together and although we met through awful circumstances I'm so pleased to have met you.

Hi Tatanya thanks i feel better now i know that the wheels are in motion it was definitely a tear jerker wasn't it but a lovely film i am sending you 💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃 this fot Thursday no delays fingers crossed when you want to get it done and pleased you are ok in between treatments is it in cycles like the chemo you were in last time??? I think you are a real trouper all if you having to do his actually
Enjoy looking around your freinds house and the day ojt of course its going to be lovely weather again so we need to make the most if it xxx

Hi everyone, Mishy I hope your pain is under control, it's not fair to have to go through all this, but at least it sounds like they have a plan. I also cried buckets in Mamma Mia 2 and so did hubby! Loved it. Angela and Carole, hope you are doing ok too. Kimi you sound busy busy busy, but at least some of it is fun! I'm still on gemcarbo and having treatment postponed almost every time but am ok in between ( please do your best blood dance for me on Thursday!). Off to see some old friends today in their new (old) house in Wiltshire, don't you just love looking around people's houses! Big hugs to you all.xxx

Not letting the anxiety monster take over and i remember someone along time ago telling me pain is a controlled emotion i know when your distracted you don't notice it as much haha and yours is probably just different not any less than mine if you know what I mean i hope you have a brilliant time at the beer garden its definitely the right weather for it and bloody why not eh!!!! Cheers 👍🍺
Speak soon xx

What a carry on Michelle. When will we get some peace. 🙄
At least they seem to be keeping a close eye on you. You’ll just have to try and switch off from it until you’re next scan is due. And hopefully you’ll manage the pain.
Whenever I mention pain I just seem to be brushed off. Like it’s not really important given the circumstances. I’m not in bad pain like you mind, but shouldn’t be feeling like this at 44.
Anyway, my daughter is just about to do my gel nails. Getting myself prepped to go for a few drinks in a beer garden then a curry later. That doesn’t sound like too bad of a Sunday does it. 😀

Thsnks for those positive vibes Angela was ok have to ahave a couple more mris of neck in different positions to check how much the cord is compromised when moving going to ct brain too probably ruling out all other options for symptoms will see me in 8 weeks with further results and plan, if i get worse in meantime though he says i have to get in touch and they would admit mel told me of red flag symptoms to be aware of but i think if im careful etc i should be fine till i see him next oh the joys!!!
Its been lovely hasn't it bet your enjoying the sun too xx

Morning ladies. Hoping you’re all enjoying the lovely weather.
Just popping in to see how your appointment went Michelle? Sending you positive vibes and a hug. Xxx
I hope everyone else is doing well. Xxx

Hi Kimi you sound very busy!!! But great to hear you are doing well a Cornwall trip will be lovely going to have a cracking September according to the weather forecast im off to Scotland on 14th for 4 days Loch lomand hope my doc lets me go, i got a call yesterday from neuro he has brought my app forward wants to see me Saturday after looking atm my mri at least im going to know whats going on but 😨 about surgery promised myself i wouldn't be doing that again unless it was bc recurrence related and i had to but its a have to situation with this too!!!
Angela how are things with new treatment hope you are feeling OK with it Missa how are you getting on im hoping things are improving for you with treatments Tatanya you too Carole
Hows you too good luck with the appointment for your diep x this sunshine is lovely after the rain for those of us not at work it means extra garden or day out time xx
Went to see mamma mia with daughter last night cried my eyes out its a hanky job near the end its a bit cheesy and at the start cringy in places but soon picked up pace it has a better story thsn the first one
Ladies for niw 💖💪👭

Hi Lovlies.

How are you all doing?

Did they manage to start your treatment Missa? Hope they’re getting it underway for you, goodness knows what mischief you & that wheelchair will get into if not, more smuggling! Seriously though, I hope you’re on “the road” again, need to get on with it for you.

You too, Mishy, Tatyana & Ftf, hope you’re all getting somewhere with treatments, claims etc, & good luck at EG Carole, you’ll be in good hands there, I’ll visit if you’re there longer enough! 

My foot is slightly improved, but still limping, & not really doing much exercise, maybe I need to do the push through pain thing, but I won’t be able to walk the next day!  that Onc from Marsden said it was nothing to do with meds, well, strange how a few of us are affected!

My son finally exchanged contracts on his new flat yesterday, & moves in in a couple of weeks on his 25th birthday, not impressed with that, but I think that’s a nice birthday present, trip to Ikea for me on Sunday.

Daughter back from girlie holiday to Majorca, had a fab time but bit low again, but she disappeared out last night quite chirpy so hopefully a date, not allowed to ask! Fingers crossed though, don’t need a 30 year old blocking the bathroom for too long.

My husband & I are off to Cornwall in a couple of weeks for a few days break, hopefully summer will return, I still have my Mum’s ashes to sort out, last year was busy!!! My Dad’s are in the Church in Tintagel, so she will be joining him. We’ll get that done soonest & hopefully then a few days of nice weather and chilling.

Work is very tiring, we’re a very busy sedation clinic & I’m doing extra days as we’re in process of training two new staff members, but stops the overthinking, just asleep on sofa by 7pm, but so’s the old man, so hey, that’s me, him & our elderly cat snoring & missing Eastenders!

Day off today & still in bed, I wake up feeling as though I’ve not been asleep, are you all still suffering with the tiredness, I did think it would start to be better by now, must get showered in a minute, going to look at this new flat and the supermarket calls, again!

Lots of love and luck

Still holding and squeezing hands together.

love Kim xxx

Good to hear from you Kimi.
It sounds like you’re living life full throttle again. 😀
Our kids always keep us on our toes don’t they, doesn’t matter how old they are.
I spoke to my onco on Friday about my painful right foot. He just said it’s a very common side effect of letrozole and that I should start jogging again. I stopped as it was just too painful.
Apparently if I push past the pain and continue exercising it might improve. 🤔
Hope everyone is having a good weekend. 🌧🌈

Hi kimi good to hear from you the onc at the Marsden doesn't really sound like he gets it he should have been a little more empathic you haven't exactly just had a bout of fku!! To add although im not on hormone blocking drugs but do get that they will come with SE as most if not all do so he shouldn't be so flippant
Good to hear that you are back at work i crave some normality atm take care and speak soon xxx