cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July 2017

Re: July 2017

Hi everyone, I'm starting next Wednesday the 5th, getting FEC-T, I've had the gene test done due to history so waiting for the results of that to determine whether I get surgery or not.
I'm eager to get started as all this waiting has been driving me potty, good luck everyone ❤ xx

Thanks for the info.
I had a full lymph node clearance so they can't use my right arm, but here's hoping they have plenty to work with on the left. I dont really like the idea of having a line inserted throughout treatment, but nurses usually struggle to take blood etc, so I have a feeling I won't get through chemo without one.

Hi Angela
Yes I've been diagnosed since February.
My veins are a bit small and now I've only got one arm to chose from thanks to ANC to the other. Chemo makes your veins worse too. It seems to take 3 attempts every time they cannulate me so we've gone for the PICC. It's quite a common procedure and saves needles and cannulas whilst in.

Hi Carole.
Yes, I've been hanging around here since early April when I was first diagnosed. It seems forever ago.
No one has mentioned a pic line to me? Doesn't sound very nice. I wonder if I'll get one when I go for me chemo ward visit on Monday. Ahh the joys.
Angela x

Hi feel the fear

ive seen your posts over the months.  Welcome to the July starters, although strictly I'm a June (30th). 

Think I'm going to try cold cap, but I'll see how it goes.

Hi Clare, you have the same name and spelling as my daughter.  I too start my chemo this Friday.  Getting a PICC line fitted tomorrow. I'm having FEC-T, what are you having?

I'm eager to get on with the chemo, this has all been going on too long for my liking, but I'm not really totally recovered from surgery yet.

Hi Carole.
I'm due to start on July 4. The gloves are off and I'm ready for battle with chemo as my closest ally.
I'm going to try the cold cap. I've had my hair cut and I'm now rocking the pixie look. I'm hoping because there's less weight in it, less will fall out. I've got a wig consultation on Monday as a back up. My bc nurse says most people who cap lose around 40%. That will do for me, so it's worth a try.

Hi Carol nice to meet you I start my chemo on Friday for twelve weeks so I fall on June and July group. I've decided not to use the cold cap if I'm going to loose my hair any way x

July 2017

Hi
I'm just starting the July group for all of us lucky people about to start our chemo.
Bet you're all raring to go!
Who is going to try the cold cap?