cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

January chemo starters ?

2,351 REPLIES

Re: January chemo starters ?

Hi pinklily and congrats on almost finishing the 1st part of your chemo πŸ‘

As Aliand says, everyone is different but in regards to your hands, are you referring to peripheral neuropathy?  I think it is pretty common side effect of taxane chemos but if you keep a record of any changes and discuss when you see your onc they will try to keep it to a minimum if they can.  I started on docetaxel (developed hypersensitivity) then had 3 x weekly Paclitaxel and at this stage still didn't have any neuropathy (again developed hypersensitivity) then was prescribed 2 rounds of Abraxane.  After the 1st one is when I noticed the pn so I discussed this with my doctor and they decided I'd had enough by then and didn't want to cause any lasting damage so the 2nd one was cancelled.  I'm happy to say that the peripheral neuropathy I did develope has since completely gone away!

I wish you all the best with it,
Amy xx

Hipinklily. I had Ros oare but didn’t get nasty side effects. In fact I found it easier than EC we are all so different. Try not to overthink it. Go one step at a time. Changing from one treatment to another is really scary, at least it was for me but you will get there. Your team will support you. Write down any side effects so if you do have problems with your hands they can address them quickly.
Keep going you are doing great πŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ’ͺ🏻
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi pink lilly, think there are other threads that could help answer your questions, if you put paclitaxel in the search bit and do a search. Sorry I can’t help I was fec-t. Well done finishing ec πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺkeep strong darling πŸ‘­πŸ‘­πŸ‘­πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Worried about Paclitaxel

I have my last of four cycles of Ec tomorrow, thank goodness and start the first of 9 cyles of Paclitaxel over 18 weeks on the 16th January.

I know the EC has made me ill every time and was rushed into hospital with an infection after the last cycle, so I'm grateful to be at the end of it.

But I'm worried about the Paclitaxel, because I do so much sewing, cross stitch, machining, etc and I've read and been told Paclitaxel affects the hand and feet. I'm not too worried about my feet, but really concerned about my hands and how it will affect them.

Can anyone tell me how they were on this drug please and what the effects were on their hands?

Would appreciate anyone who can give info on the side effects they had?

I quite like Paulina πŸ˜‚. Amy, I would ask them if they can rearrange the mammogram xx

Happy Christmas Shi, fel and paloma hope you are having a lovely day xx

Happy Christmas Shi, fel and paloma hope you are having a lovely day xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Amy πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚I know my typo was the text gremlins what can I say πŸ€·β€β™€οΈYou all know they pop up from time to time just to 😁😁😁make us look like plonkers πŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

You're a bit late to the party Paulina but welcome πŸ˜‚

Hello and merry Christmas Fel, Shi, Michelle and the rest of the January crew!!

I'm looking forward to a normal Christmas compared to last year.  Finish up at work on Friday until the new year, altho have just received appointment for my first annual mammogram on the 28th and we're away, do I cancel our night away or see if I can rearrange? 

Love and best wishes,
Amy xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Sorry paloma predictive text changed you to Paulina πŸ€·β€β™€οΈXx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Paulina 😁😁wishing you and all amazing jan ladies a beautiful Christmas too ❀️❀️And a glorious new year ❀️❀️Hope you’ve all amazing things planned and wonderful snuggly time too πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Hi Michelle, Fel and Shi. Wishing you a lovely Christmas ladies xxx

Hi Rosie and all you lovely January ladies!
Sounds like life is settling down for you and you are enjoying your meet ups! I completed rads in November so just have herceptin until May. I’m glad the big 3 are done and look forward to a bit of normality with less hospital appointments!
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and a happy healthy 2019 x

Hi Ailand,

Yes I sent you a private reply.

Fel did you get my message ?

Thanks Shi,

Hope you have a great Christmas and New Year.

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Fel 😘😘lovely to hear from you 😘😘 keep the curls hydrated it does help tame them a bit πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Hi Rosie,

Lovely to hear from you again.  I am doing okay have got my taste back and I am enjoying my G&T's again.

My hair is curly and I am still getting used to it.  I would really love to come to your next meet up can you let me know via private message when and where it will be.  Yesterday was exactly a year since I had my operation.  Looking forward to this Christmas and New Year planning to see friends and entertain something I couldn't do last year.  Please give my Best Wishes for Christmas and New Year to all on the What's App.

Felicity

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Rosie sorry babe I can’t make jan, me and meesh are away weekend before you ladies, but we will get meet up arranged πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Hi Online Ladies

Im sorry Ive gone over to the darkside of WhatsApp.

Shi its great news that you are coming in January it will be so lovely to meet you. Hows your health are you doing ok?

Fel...how are things with you?

Michelle whats happening with you? xxx

Highlighted

Brilliant news about Mai7 Shi and Ali you already know I think you are superwoman πŸ˜„
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Aliand, that’s brilliant well done πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Wow that sounds really interesting do you remember what/where the article was?

Yes I am quite enjoying it. I’ve done 2-3 times a week for 7 weeks. I read an article about reducing risk or reoccursnce by up to 50% with certain exercise so that’s what motivates me !

31 mins Aliand that’s great! Feels good to run doesn’t it?! X

That’s lovely to hear. I’m great Shi. Did parkrun today 31 minutes Whoo hoo
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Ladies mai7 who looked after us all had been made a community champion πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘hope you are all ok β€οΈπŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks shocked, it’s a team effort, I bought the ladies who looked after me to look after all you amazing girls and you all swam your socks off and look at you now πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

It was very special Shi and we all appreciate the support you have offered throughout you are amazing xx 

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Beautiful jan girls ❀️❀️❀️❀️Lovely photo, hope you had amazing time, it’s very special when you meet up isn’t it, a special bond πŸ‘­πŸ‘­πŸ‘­πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Such a lovely day meeting some very special ladies, as Aliand said it was just like meeting old friends I don't think we stopped for breath having a good old gossip.

Fel can't wait to meet you and the other ladies that couldn't make it in the New Year xx

Me too Fel. It’s so good to meet people face to face x

Great photo ladies you all look great.  Hoping to get to the meet up in the New Year.

Yes no one in the restaurant would have a clue what we’ve all been through. Hope your group plan a get together Michelle it was so lovely just like meeting old friends. X

Oh WOW! You all look lovely, healthy and happy! It’s so good to see!
Hope you enjoyed your meet up and your future meet ups. Xx

First meet up, another being planned for the new year for tghose unable to get there today.

IMG_5390.JPG

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi shocked 😘😘😘thanks for letting me know starfires doing well, please pass my ❀️❀️❀️Onto all the jan ladies, you are πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺbeautiful amazing ladies πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Amy - great news about your heart and glad you enjoyed chessington. 

Shi - Starfire is on our WhatsApp group and looking fab

im gutted I’ve just had my reconstruction clinic appointment cancelled - the hospital has 2 consultants off sick 😞 so cant be helped but they don’t have a clue when it’ll be rescheduled, though I completely understand I’ll be way down the list now as quite rightly they will be dealing with more urgent surgery first. I’d just got my head in the zone for the appointment if that makes sense. 

Ive just asked to be referred for acupuncture for the hot flushes which seem to be getting worse so got to be worth a try. 

First counselling session on Thursday as well - arrrgggh 

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Rosie 😁😁lovely to hear from you ❀️❀️I’ve been hitting the shops πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»Think it’s lovely my standing se from chemo, can’t stop shopping πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜‚Amy πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘great news you can restart herceptin. Hi paloma and fel and everyone 😘😘😘hope everyone is doing ok. Hows starfire? Do you hear from her? πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Thanks everyone!
Great news about your heart Amy, I hope the rest of herceptin runs smoothly for you x

That's great Amy that you can start back on the herceptin, really pleased for you. And fab you had a good time and dared the roller coaster, guess things like that dont seem so scary anymore, after all we've been through! X

Michelle that's awesome news, hurrah πŸ‘

Onc called me on Friday to say that ECG shows my heart has improved enough to restart Herceptin so just waiting to hear about appointment for that, yay 😁

Just got back from weekend at Chessington, thank you Willow Foundation.  I'm absolutely knackered now but we had a wicked time (I even went on a roller coaster and I'm usually a total wimp about that sort of thing but thought stuff it, life is for living and I loved it 😊) xx

Hi all...Michelle that’s bloody fantastic good for you lovely.

shi hope you’re doing ok too?

Fel how the devil are you....

Sorry I’ve been away so long, it’s so quick with the WhatsApp thing xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Great news aliand and Michelle πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜and yes you talk to them aliand you’ll tell them 😀😀😀 shocked πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚you really made me laugh πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£text gremlins were out and about 😁😁😁😁mishy, my op boob is now like a pert 18 year olds and my one that needs levelling up is like a saggy big udder πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ πŸ˜‚ so that’s the one that my brilliant surgeon is going to do, he did offer to do at same time as the op to remove β€˜the lump’ last year, but I just wanted him to get β€˜the lump’ out, which he did ❀️❀️❀️And got clear margins too. πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Fantastic news Michelle so so pleased to hear it worked so well.

Amy I know huge difference between my foot and my boob!!! 

Great news Michelle! Xx

Hi all just thought I’d let you know I have had my op and all went well. Great biopsy results too no cancer found at all, a total response! So as horrible as the chemo was it and the herceptin and Perjeta did their job. Fingers crossed for the future.
Good to hear everyone’s hair and lashes are beginning to grow. Shocked I hope you get your boob/foob sorted. Aliand I hope your time in rads passes quickly for you. Hope everyone else is well xx

Shocked i think with a foob and mx you will i ybink the way my trust sees it is you didn't lose breast surgeon did a nice job actually just a shame that one sits nicely on rib and my good one is nearly touching my tummy πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ no seriously though i had big old boobs always was a large girl in that department so surgeon said i had plenty to work with and still conserve the breast so i lovingly now call them little and large xxxx gokd luck ladies with your app and surgerys xx
Ali before you know it the rads will be over keep πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ you can do it!!!!

I'm not saying anything coz I've got nothing to report.  Waiting to hear about last week's ECG and onc appointment on the 20th, apart from that I'm just getting on with it! 😁

Ha ha ha Shocked, I'd be worried if there wasn't a huge difference between your boob and your foot πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚