Re: January chemo starters ?

Thanks everyone!
Great news about your heart Amy, I hope the rest of herceptin runs smoothly for you x

That's great Amy that you can start back on the herceptin, really pleased for you. And fab you had a good time and dared the roller coaster, guess things like that dont seem so scary anymore, after all we've been through! X

Michelle that's awesome news, hurrah πŸ‘

Onc called me on Friday to say that ECG shows my heart has improved enough to restart Herceptin so just waiting to hear about appointment for that, yay 😁

Just got back from weekend at Chessington, thank you Willow Foundation.  I'm absolutely knackered now but we had a wicked time (I even went on a roller coaster and I'm usually a total wimp about that sort of thing but thought stuff it, life is for living and I loved it 😊) xx

Hi all...Michelle that’s bloody fantastic good for you lovely.

shi hope you’re doing ok too?

Fel how the devil are you....

Sorry I’ve been away so long, it’s so quick with the WhatsApp thing xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Great news aliand and Michelle πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜and yes you talk to them aliand you’ll tell them 😀😀😀 shocked πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚you really made me laugh πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£text gremlins were out and about 😁😁😁😁mishy, my op boob is now like a pert 18 year olds and my one that needs levelling up is like a saggy big udder πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ πŸ˜‚ so that’s the one that my brilliant surgeon is going to do, he did offer to do at same time as the op to remove β€˜the lump’ last year, but I just wanted him to get β€˜the lump’ out, which he did ❀️❀️❀️And got clear margins too. πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Fantastic news Michelle so so pleased to hear it worked so well.

Amy I know huge difference between my foot and my boob!!! 

Great news Michelle! Xx

Hi all just thought I’d let you know I have had my op and all went well. Great biopsy results too no cancer found at all, a total response! So as horrible as the chemo was it and the herceptin and Perjeta did their job. Fingers crossed for the future.
Good to hear everyone’s hair and lashes are beginning to grow. Shocked I hope you get your boob/foob sorted. Aliand I hope your time in rads passes quickly for you. Hope everyone else is well xx

Shocked i think with a foob and mx you will i ybink the way my trust sees it is you didn't lose breast surgeon did a nice job actually just a shame that one sits nicely on rib and my good one is nearly touching my tummy πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ no seriously though i had big old boobs always was a large girl in that department so surgeon said i had plenty to work with and still conserve the breast so i lovingly now call them little and large xxxx gokd luck ladies with your app and surgerys xx
Ali before you know it the rads will be over keep πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ you can do it!!!!
Highlighted

I'm not saying anything coz I've got nothing to report.  Waiting to hear about last week's ECG and onc appointment on the 20th, apart from that I'm just getting on with it! 😁

Ha ha ha Shocked, I'd be worried if there wasn't a huge difference between your boob and your foot πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Hahaha πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ meant to say foob not foot

I’ve just done the school run without my hair on - still not comfortable with it though.

Mishy I’m not even sure what the rules are in my trust expect I’ll get to know that next week as well. I did have an mx and there is a huge difference between my real boob and my foot. As you say though we are still here so won’t complain too much I just hate putting a swimsuit on and I have always loved swimming - I need support on my real boob so none of the post op swimsuits suit either.

Hi Shi

7 weeks post op and doing great from that point of view. I'm really lucky as my hospital offered diep and uplift with my mx however I have been asked if i will talk to the local CCG as the funding for diep is under threat - let me at them ! 

I've had my second rads today, I hate it so much,  had a male radiographer today, 13 to go and counting......

Now had about 4 Zoladex injections - I;m still miffed my hubby cant give them and I have to go to the GP for them. Extremesene started yesterday, so hot flush avenue here I come again.

Hair has had its first cut, its short but looks like a cut rather than chemo hair. eyelashes and eyebrows are back -hooray.

Heard today though that a friend of mine has found a lump in her breast I'm just hoping it's nothing but it's horrid isn't it, sends the shivers down my spine as I go back to how I felt 10 months ago.

Fel - the meet up hasnt sorted yet, we are toying with the idea of 20tgh october for a simple drink and chat someowhere central - will get back to you on that one.

Hi girls Shi im wonky too they aren't doing mine as never had a mx my trust don't offer reduction after wle even if its notiicble only if have had a mx, so my trick atm is to hitch up my bra on big boob side for balance, thinking of asking for a partial prosthesis as its quite notiicble in close fitting tops etc which i still would like to wear but not with my wonky titties!!!! Im not complaining though the way i see it im still around because of my little one x

Hi Fel and Shi. I am on holiday at Centerparcs at the moment. My hair is starting to get wavy too. It's still too short at the front for me to be comfortable to go hatless apart from the swimming pool of course!

Hi Shi and Shocked,

Glad you had a great holiday Shocked.  I have started the biophosphate tablets I have to take for 3 years and now feel really old and stiff.  Hope if this is a side effect that it will soon wear off, if not may ask to be taken off them

Now go everywhere without my wig, my hair is slightly wavy which I quite like, also like the fact that if it's windy hair doesn't blow about.  Will probably wear my wig again for my husband's next gig as it looks more glam.

Hope everyone else is doing okay I think they are probably all on What's App.

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi shocked 😘😘 if your surgeon has given you full facts of any risks involved to you then surely the final decision is with you isn’t it? It’s certainly worth having another conversation with them about everything β€οΈβ€οΈπŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

I really want te reduction on the other side but my surgeon was reluctant to give me the recon because of my Pakinsons so I may have to live with being wonky - I'm not giving up easily though. 

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi shocked 😁😁glad you’ve had a beautiful holiday and been wig free, it’s up to you when you are ready to go wig free here darling ❀️❀️All in your own time. I’ve got a meeting too soon about getting levelled up. I wasn’t going to bother for at least another year, but now with potential cuts on nhs for this surgery if it’s still on offer i’ll Be getting it done sooner than I wanted to. Have you decided yet? πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Hi Shi - I’m good- hope you are well. I’ve been a bit quiet as been on my hols and only got back yesterday. Back to reality now and the hospital appointments start again for me this month as I have an appointment with my surgeon, hoping to discuss whether I can have a reduction on the other side.

i have gone over 2 weeks without wearing a wig now but as soon as I’m back in this country started wearing it again - I know daft, but it was ok so far away from home. My hair has gone really really curly and looks thicker.