cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

January chemo starters ?

Re: January chemo starters ?

Hahaha πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ meant to say foob not foot

I’ve just done the school run without my hair on - still not comfortable with it though.

Mishy I’m not even sure what the rules are in my trust expect I’ll get to know that next week as well. I did have an mx and there is a huge difference between my real boob and my foot. As you say though we are still here so won’t complain too much I just hate putting a swimsuit on and I have always loved swimming - I need support on my real boob so none of the post op swimsuits suit either.

Hi Shi

7 weeks post op and doing great from that point of view. I'm really lucky as my hospital offered diep and uplift with my mx however I have been asked if i will talk to the local CCG as the funding for diep is under threat - let me at them ! 

I've had my second rads today, I hate it so much,  had a male radiographer today, 13 to go and counting......

Now had about 4 Zoladex injections - I;m still miffed my hubby cant give them and I have to go to the GP for them. Extremesene started yesterday, so hot flush avenue here I come again.

Hair has had its first cut, its short but looks like a cut rather than chemo hair. eyelashes and eyebrows are back -hooray.

Heard today though that a friend of mine has found a lump in her breast I'm just hoping it's nothing but it's horrid isn't it, sends the shivers down my spine as I go back to how I felt 10 months ago.

Fel - the meet up hasnt sorted yet, we are toying with the idea of 20tgh october for a simple drink and chat someowhere central - will get back to you on that one.

Hi girls Shi im wonky too they aren't doing mine as never had a mx my trust don't offer reduction after wle even if its notiicble only if have had a mx, so my trick atm is to hitch up my bra on big boob side for balance, thinking of asking for a partial prosthesis as its quite notiicble in close fitting tops etc which i still would like to wear but not with my wonky titties!!!! Im not complaining though the way i see it im still around because of my little one x

Hi Fel and Shi. I am on holiday at Centerparcs at the moment. My hair is starting to get wavy too. It's still too short at the front for me to be comfortable to go hatless apart from the swimming pool of course!

Hi Shi and Shocked,

Glad you had a great holiday Shocked.  I have started the biophosphate tablets I have to take for 3 years and now feel really old and stiff.  Hope if this is a side effect that it will soon wear off, if not may ask to be taken off them

Now go everywhere without my wig, my hair is slightly wavy which I quite like, also like the fact that if it's windy hair doesn't blow about.  Will probably wear my wig again for my husband's next gig as it looks more glam.

Hope everyone else is doing okay I think they are probably all on What's App.

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi shocked 😘😘 if your surgeon has given you full facts of any risks involved to you then surely the final decision is with you isn’t it? It’s certainly worth having another conversation with them about everything β€οΈβ€οΈπŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

I really want te reduction on the other side but my surgeon was reluctant to give me the recon because of my Pakinsons so I may have to live with being wonky - I'm not giving up easily though. 

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi shocked 😁😁glad you’ve had a beautiful holiday and been wig free, it’s up to you when you are ready to go wig free here darling ❀️❀️All in your own time. I’ve got a meeting too soon about getting levelled up. I wasn’t going to bother for at least another year, but now with potential cuts on nhs for this surgery if it’s still on offer i’ll Be getting it done sooner than I wanted to. Have you decided yet? πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Hi Shi - I’m good- hope you are well. I’ve been a bit quiet as been on my hols and only got back yesterday. Back to reality now and the hospital appointments start again for me this month as I have an appointment with my surgeon, hoping to discuss whether I can have a reduction on the other side.

i have gone over 2 weeks without wearing a wig now but as soon as I’m back in this country started wearing it again - I know daft, but it was ok so far away from home. My hair has gone really really curly and looks thicker.

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Is everyone ok? Just checking in beautiful ladies πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Dealdoh I’m not likely to go long again either but no idea what I will end up with yet. Short hair is so much easier isn’t it.
Sorry you’ve still got recon to do. A friend of mine initially did t want recon. Was gently persuaded to go for it after about 18 months, did and is now delighted she did. You don’t have to it’s a personal choicebut the delay was no problem to her recon I’m just so lucky my referring hospital is a regional burns and plastics centre so had immediate recon.
Good luck whatever you decide xxx

Thank you for your lovely kind words Shi.  Strangely enough I did see a white feather earlier this week and although I didn’t appreciate the possible significance, I do remember noticing and being surprised by it.  Thank you also Fel. 

I love over my short hair and will give serious consideration to keeping it very short, once it’s fully grown back, if you catch my drift.  

I kind of envy you ladies who have now had your recon surgery.  I had my double mastectomy in November last year and although I am fairly comfortable with my flat chest, I am due to see the consultant in Dec to discuss whether or not to go for reconstruction.  I think I am leaning towards having it done but then I’m probably going to have to wait, for maybe as much as 12 to 18 months (maybe longer) so still a long road ahead.

πŸ˜‚ don’t worry Aliand I didn’t think for a second you were telling me off, although I think I need to give myself a good talking to! Before all of this I was pretty fit and healthy and until now have managed not to put in weight but I plan to get back into running as son as I can and hopefully that will sort me out. You are totally right diets are a waste of time it’s all about lifestyle.
Thanks for all of your support, good that you are getting back to normal energy levels too. X

Michelle it sounds like I was telling you off. I think most people put some weight on. It’s no big deal. I just wanted to encourage you to think healthy. As it’s so easy to get in bad habits and I for one am useless at dieting. I don’t really believe in diets. I make lifestyle changes. Exercise is high on my agenda of lifestyle change as I’ve never done any regularly and now I’m post menopausal I want to think about weight bearing and therefore bone strengthening exercise.
You sound fed up honey. Keep up those Physio exercises and you will soon be getting back to normal. 1 day at a time. I’ve got excellent movement now. And energy levels much much better. I’m still sore and adjusting to body changes but I’ll ger there as will you my lovely xxx

Hi Aliand, good to hear from you, yes I am glad to have the surgery ticked but fed up with feeling swollen and fragile. It has only been 6 days but I am impatient! You are right I will regret putting on too much weight, it will be another thing to feel lousy about my appearance for.
I’m sure once you start rads you will just get on with it as we have had to with everything else it’s just going into the unknown again isn’t it? Feeling vulnerable is such a horrible and probably an alien feeling before all of this happened. But the good thing is you are on the home straight now and l will be following not far behind.
Have a great trip to Spain, relax wind down and enjoy xx

Michelle great you’ve passed the surgery goal. Watch that eating or you’ll regret it. I’m really pleased that I’ve managed to only eat fruit and drink tea between meals since surgery and lost some weight (I was told to put weight on pre surgery) so hard though.
Just had my radiotherapy planning - I nearly broke me. I felt horribly vulnerable and just wanted to sob.

Off to Spain on Saturday for a week then home and hit the rads

Hi Fel, good to hear you enjoyed your tapas. How long did it take for your taste buds to return? I am 4 weeks post chemo and was hoping it was going to be soon! It’s not stopping me eating the trouble is I seem to be eating more than ever and as I had surgery last week I’m not moving around much and can feel the lbs piling on!! X

So sorry to hear about your mum Deadolh sending my love and best wishes to you and your family.

Have my sister and neice staying with me for a few days and yesterday was my birthday so we all went out for a tapas lunch which I actually could taste.  Only wearing my wig now if I go out in the evening quite liking my short slightly wavey hair.

Lovely poem, I’m printing that one x
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Dealdoh ❀️❀️❀️ What a beautiful poem to share with us all. πŸ‘­πŸ‘­I didn’t know about your mum, I’m very sorry for your loss. The love and memories in your heart are yours forever and look out for white feathers, butterflies, a robin visiting you, little signs of you love ok for them you’ll see them darling. My love, thoughts and prayers with you and family ❀️❀️😘😘Shi xx

Thank you ladies.  Xx

Thank you for sharing Pat, it's a beautiful poem. Lots of love xx

Dealdoh I am so sorry to hear you have lost your mum. Thank you for sharing the poem on here it is beautiful. A close friend of mine has also just lost her mum and I am going to share the poem with her. X

B810A992-C679-450E-B116-8A64E4AE7250.pngHi Ladies, as some of you know, it has not been a great couple of weeks for me as sadly my lovely mum passed away at the end of July and we have just had her funeral.  I found this lovely poem, which I hope you don’t mind me sharing with you.

Well done Fel, I've got my first haircut on Monday, its still very short but sort of fuzzy and fluffy and needs taming. 

4 weeks post op and feeling fantastic.

Rads in September exciting to be seeing the way out signs

xxx

Highlighted

Hello, all's going fine with me. 1 more rads and I'll be sashaying my way to club Tropicana πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ
Nice one Fel πŸ‘

Thanks Paloma and Shi, I did go shopping minus wig and felt fine.  Made sure I wore some dangley earrings to look more feminine.

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Fel, brilliant well done you, paloma you’ll do what fels done and one day you just think naaah I look blooming amazing thank you very much and it’ll be away you go πŸ‘πŸ‘get some hair chalks from Amazon and have a play 😁😁a few of us on Oct thread did πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚pink and purple heads at one point πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸŽ€πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸŽ€πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸŽ€πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸŽ€πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸŽ€hope all the rest of jan πŸŠβ€β™‚οΈ all doing ok too πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Good for you Fel 😊. I have when walking the dog in evening but still not quite ready in busy places but think I will be soon x

Decided not to wear my wig this morning when I walked the dogs.  Not sure whether I will be brave enough tomorrow when I go shopping.  Hope everyone okay.

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Fel don’t let it fool you it can start to curl 😁😁luckily the flapper pin curl look is in for autum/winter 2018 so we’ll be on trend πŸ‘πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Thanks Shi, no curls so far.

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Fel 😘😘lovely to hear from you darling ❀️❀️Is your hair getting chemo curl yet? Some get it others dont but isn’t it just lovely to have hair again πŸ‘πŸ‘ love to all the jan πŸŠβ€β™‚οΈ πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

Hi Ladies,

I am doing okay, had my appointment with the Onc yesterday and have decided not to have the biophosphate infusion but take bone strengthening tab instead.  It's a year ago that I was first diagnosed so it's been an eventful year.  

Great that you are all doing so well and getting on with life.

Ailand my husband has a smart phone but I prefer my basic calls and texts only version.

My hair has come back a bit greyer than before but from a distance still looks brown.  I am finding my wig very hot now that I have hair so I only wear it when out and about.

I have got a white mallan streak in the front of my hair i did have a few greys dotted around but the streak has really shocked me!! I have brown hair!! Im thinking of doing it either rose or silver using the crazy colour hair make up stuff there are some nice colours and its really fashionable atm just a thought for you all in the meantime theres also a site which sells products for people who are having /had cancer treatment and they sell chemical free hair dyes i was told x

Happy birthday Jencat Smiley Happy

Michelle - great news about you tumour shrinking.

Can't see my grey growing out either and no way can i wait 6 months to dye it. 

Happy birthday Jencat 😊.
Great news the chemo has done a good job for you Michelle 😘 last one tomorrow, that's amazing xx
Fel, I hope you are getting on ok, it's great to be finished with active treatment isn't it? Xx

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you’re having a lovely day.
I will keep my fingers crossed you get good results from your mammogram, frustrating you have to wait 2 weeks. Make the most of August before you are back to work, I’m sure that going back will give you more of a sense of normality.
Enjoy your birthday night out! X

Yes mine was turning grey too Michelle, so I don't think mine will turn back to brown either Smiley Sad

I had my first mammogram yesterday! Results in two weeks!

I'm not too bad thanks, still get tired quite easily though. Hoping to go back to work at the beg of September (only part-time though!) It's my birthday today, so enjoyed a nice pub lunch with YD and going out for a meal with her and my dad this evening Smiley Happy

How are you? X

Hi Aliand sounds like you are recovering really well, great that you are getting out and about and able to enjoy the summer and good weather!
Thanks for the info Jencat, how are you doing?
Thanks for sharing Mishy, My hair was turning grey before all of this so dont think it will go back to its original dark brown unfortunately. X

Michelle, when I saw my onc last week she said I could dye my hair in Sept, that will be 6mths after I've finished chemo xx

Just to let you ladies know the grey eventually grows out to a normal colour mine was literally on the tips of my hair last chemo was end November and my growing hair out perseverance paid off finally got a hair cut but been able to get a proper style rather than just ending up with the same haircut for months on end it was well worth it!!!!! So you should all grt your natural colour back in time i do still have the curls which i wasn't expecting but i do quite like the its lovely to see everyone doing well i like to check in every so often its lovely to hear everyone in recovery isn't it!!!!

Hi Michelle,

I've had my surgery now - DIEP,  I'm 3 weeks post op tomorrow and feeling good. My tumor  didnt shrink that much but onc didnt expect it to so seems quite happy with the result. I'm doing me exercises and recovering well enough for lots of trips out.

Fel hope you are ok, miss your input, we need to get you a smartphone xxx

Hi Shocked glad to hear your hair is growing back, although I know what you mean about colour, mine looks very grey so far. Does anyone on here know when you can dye your hair and whether you should use special stuff?
Friday is officially the last day of chemo for me and I’m feeling pretty good, not tired or achey although still having toilet troubles 😊. Today I have been for my pre op assessment which went well and I will be having surgery on 16th. It’s all happening so quickly I really feel like I can see the end. Although I don’t know how I’ll feel when I get there! I did have some great news last week. My tumours have shrunk to nothing so instead of a mastectomy I’m having WLE still with axillary lymph clearance. So the chemo was definitely worth while even if it didn’t feel like it at the time!
I hope everyone from here is doing well, moving forward and hopefully able to put all this behind them x

Fel - how you doing?? its gone soooo quiet on here 

I now have a covering of hair though its a horrible grey mousy colou. Went out for the first tie to the dentist without my wig - hated it as I felt so exposed - think I'll be in wigs for quite some time yet,

Thanks Shi xx

Another opinion on the flying front from my GP who has checked with Haemotology and now they are saying just continue with the Tamoxifen and nothing else is required for long haul flights unless there is a family history of blood clots, they are not able to offer an anticoagulant. So I’ve now had 3 different opinions, stop the tamoxifen for at least a month before the flight, take anticoagulant jabs and just carry on as normal 😲😲😲😲

Spoiler

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi shocked, just been online and 2019 registration not on yet but you can register your interest at events@dream-challenges.com its walk the night 2019 😘😘the one Reeboot did was July so it could possibly be July next year is my guess. πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

And how do we sign up xx

Shi sounds like a great idea - what date is it??

Fel glad your making the most of the weather sitting out in the garden, Wish my garden wasn't a building site this year - the first real summer in ages Smiley Happy