Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: January chemo starters ?

Is everyone ok? Just checking in beautiful ladies 💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Dealdoh I’m not likely to go long again either but no idea what I will end up with yet. Short hair is so much easier isn’t it.
Sorry you’ve still got recon to do. A friend of mine initially did t want recon. Was gently persuaded to go for it after about 18 months, did and is now delighted she did. You don’t have to it’s a personal choicebut the delay was no problem to her recon I’m just so lucky my referring hospital is a regional burns and plastics centre so had immediate recon.
Good luck whatever you decide xxx

Thank you for your lovely kind words Shi.  Strangely enough I did see a white feather earlier this week and although I didn’t appreciate the possible significance, I do remember noticing and being surprised by it.  Thank you also Fel. 

I love over my short hair and will give serious consideration to keeping it very short, once it’s fully grown back, if you catch my drift.  

I kind of envy you ladies who have now had your recon surgery.  I had my double mastectomy in November last year and although I am fairly comfortable with my flat chest, I am due to see the consultant in Dec to discuss whether or not to go for reconstruction.  I think I am leaning towards having it done but then I’m probably going to have to wait, for maybe as much as 12 to 18 months (maybe longer) so still a long road ahead.

😂 don’t worry Aliand I didn’t think for a second you were telling me off, although I think I need to give myself a good talking to! Before all of this I was pretty fit and healthy and until now have managed not to put in weight but I plan to get back into running as son as I can and hopefully that will sort me out. You are totally right diets are a waste of time it’s all about lifestyle.
Thanks for all of your support, good that you are getting back to normal energy levels too. X

Michelle it sounds like I was telling you off. I think most people put some weight on. It’s no big deal. I just wanted to encourage you to think healthy. As it’s so easy to get in bad habits and I for one am useless at dieting. I don’t really believe in diets. I make lifestyle changes. Exercise is high on my agenda of lifestyle change as I’ve never done any regularly and now I’m post menopausal I want to think about weight bearing and therefore bone strengthening exercise.
You sound fed up honey. Keep up those Physio exercises and you will soon be getting back to normal. 1 day at a time. I’ve got excellent movement now. And energy levels much much better. I’m still sore and adjusting to body changes but I’ll ger there as will you my lovely xxx

Hi Aliand, good to hear from you, yes I am glad to have the surgery ticked but fed up with feeling swollen and fragile. It has only been 6 days but I am impatient! You are right I will regret putting on too much weight, it will be another thing to feel lousy about my appearance for.
I’m sure once you start rads you will just get on with it as we have had to with everything else it’s just going into the unknown again isn’t it? Feeling vulnerable is such a horrible and probably an alien feeling before all of this happened. But the good thing is you are on the home straight now and l will be following not far behind.
Have a great trip to Spain, relax wind down and enjoy xx

Michelle great you’ve passed the surgery goal. Watch that eating or you’ll regret it. I’m really pleased that I’ve managed to only eat fruit and drink tea between meals since surgery and lost some weight (I was told to put weight on pre surgery) so hard though.
Just had my radiotherapy planning - I nearly broke me. I felt horribly vulnerable and just wanted to sob.

Off to Spain on Saturday for a week then home and hit the rads

Hi Fel, good to hear you enjoyed your tapas. How long did it take for your taste buds to return? I am 4 weeks post chemo and was hoping it was going to be soon! It’s not stopping me eating the trouble is I seem to be eating more than ever and as I had surgery last week I’m not moving around much and can feel the lbs piling on!! X

So sorry to hear about your mum Deadolh sending my love and best wishes to you and your family.

Have my sister and neice staying with me for a few days and yesterday was my birthday so we all went out for a tapas lunch which I actually could taste.  Only wearing my wig now if I go out in the evening quite liking my short slightly wavey hair.

Lovely poem, I’m printing that one x
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Dealdoh ❤️❤️❤️ What a beautiful poem to share with us all. 👭👭I didn’t know about your mum, I’m very sorry for your loss. The love and memories in your heart are yours forever and look out for white feathers, butterflies, a robin visiting you, little signs of you love ok for them you’ll see them darling. My love, thoughts and prayers with you and family ❤️❤️😘😘Shi xx

Thank you ladies.  Xx

Thank you for sharing Pat, it's a beautiful poem. Lots of love xx

Dealdoh I am so sorry to hear you have lost your mum. Thank you for sharing the poem on here it is beautiful. A close friend of mine has also just lost her mum and I am going to share the poem with her. X

B810A992-C679-450E-B116-8A64E4AE7250.pngHi Ladies, as some of you know, it has not been a great couple of weeks for me as sadly my lovely mum passed away at the end of July and we have just had her funeral.  I found this lovely poem, which I hope you don’t mind me sharing with you.

Well done Fel, I've got my first haircut on Monday, its still very short but sort of fuzzy and fluffy and needs taming. 

4 weeks post op and feeling fantastic.

Rads in September exciting to be seeing the way out signs

xxx

Highlighted

Hello, all's going fine with me. 1 more rads and I'll be sashaying my way to club Tropicana 💃💃💃
Nice one Fel 👍

Thanks Paloma and Shi, I did go shopping minus wig and felt fine.  Made sure I wore some dangley earrings to look more feminine.

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Fel, brilliant well done you, paloma you’ll do what fels done and one day you just think naaah I look blooming amazing thank you very much and it’ll be away you go 👍👍get some hair chalks from Amazon and have a play 😁😁a few of us on Oct thread did 🤣😂🤣😂pink and purple heads at one point 👩🏻‍🎤👨🏻‍🎤👨🏻‍🎤👩🏻‍🎤👨🏻‍🎤hope all the rest of jan 🏊‍♂️ all doing ok too 💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Good for you Fel 😊. I have when walking the dog in evening but still not quite ready in busy places but think I will be soon x