Re: January chemo starters ?

Hi Michelle, I don't know yet, I get the results on Wednesday, hoping that its clear but if not it's no biggie as they will do the clearance with the mx. 20th - ysy it will come v soon, dont fret if you have a meltdown before then most of us seemed to before our last one - totally weird !

I was wondering where everyone had gone too. Glad to hear everyone is getting on with normal life. I look forward to that. Aliand how did the results go from you lymph nodes? Is it full clearance or just a few. Good luck with the surgery and recon I hope it all goes perfectly for you.
I have my final chemo on 20th, counting everyday, but not long now.
All the best to you Aliand and the rest of the January squad xxx

Hi Shi, Hi Fel,

theres not a lot going on it thr group, mainly silly talk about hair, husband and parties. Think someone has emailed a spa about dates and prices for Octiber but not got any further. 

We are all tottering along, some with radiotherapy and me having surgery next week. Fel we need to ge you a smartphone.

Great that you've finished rads.

I'm not wearing my wig at all havent for a while, everyone else is abandoning bit by bit. Wish my eyelashes/eyebrows would catch up though.

Not hear of biophosphate injections hope they dont have nasty side dfferct for you.

xxx

Hi Shi,

I also was wondering where everyone has gone.  I know a What's App group was started but unfortunately I don't have a smart phone so couldn't join in.  I am doing ok rad's all finished now next treatment for me is having two biophosphate infusions.

Hope you are enjoying this fantastic weather, I now only wear my wig when I go out as it's just too hot.  Hair coming along but still very short.

Take care.

Felicity

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi ladies, hope you are all doing well 😘😘have you all gone off onto a Facebook group now? Anyway just wanted to say hope you are all doing ok😘😘 💕💕✨✨shi xx
Highlighted

I was there too! I was meant to be 9.45! I had a striped skirt on! My problems are never ending & I was a nervous wreck so didn’t want to say are you Amy if it wasn’t you! Good luck with your radiotherapy xx

Hi Tracy, yes I was there with my partner for a 10am appointment so it probably was me if it was before 10.30. I'm glad it was a morning appointment as that waiting room would be stifling in the afternoon in this weather - and a longer wait most likely!

Hope you are getting on ok? ☺

Hi Amy, were you in clinic Thursday morning? I was wondering if that was you as I don’t usually see any younger ladies there? I was told you need to wait 18 months after radiotherapy before a reconstruction. Xx

Michelle, I'm not sure if it's not offered at my hospital or just in my case?  I didn't ask at the time, I was a bit blown away, my surgery was the week following dx 😯

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi ladies 😘😘the downy facial hair does go, it’s a bit 😳😳and you think will I need to immac my face, but you don’t it’ll be ok ❤️❤️💕💕✨✨shi xx

Thanks Aliand and Amy it’s so helpful to hear about your experience. It’s surprising what you pick up along the way in this new world we are all living in now. I’m preferring the DIEP option so it’s interesting that I might be able to have that before rads and that I may not have to have a full clerance.
Amy was there areaon why you couldn’t have a recon straight away or was it simply not offered by your hospital? I saw the post on knitted knickers they look great. I learnt how to crochet last year so might even give making one a go when I know my size! Although I’m not great so could end up looking even more lopsided!!
Thanks again
Michelle x

I had my mastectomy in Nov and when I asked on Thursday about when reconstruction might be she said at least not for another 12 months.  It doesn't bother me, although I kinda wish I had both off rather than being lopsided for that amount of time, but I also asked about that too and she said that there often isn't any benefit to taking both breasts of the other is healthy and no family history.  The only bother will be if we want to go in a sun holiday next year but I can always use my aqua knitted knocker 😁👍

Michelle it depends on your surgeon and the type of recon. If you are having implants they have to wait until agmftet rads as the rads wrecks them. I’m opting for a diep so should be good to go. Though from what I’ve heard of other people some hospitals don’t do it in one go whatever. I don’t know why.
I had only 1 lymph node affected according to ultrasound but they’ve done this further biopsy as it seems to have disappeared. Originally I was told I’d need a full clearance too. Sometimes things change along the way. Xxx

Thanks for that Aliand, so you will find out in 2 weeks, I hope the mews is good and they have all the buggers out that need be. I have been told that I will have to have all of my lymph nodes out even though according to the ultrasound and one biopsy they only found one infected. I’m not looking forward to that due to the risk of lymphodema. I haven’t really spoken to anyone about it yet as it seemed a long way off but I guess I will soon.
I’m also having a masectimy but I was under the impression if you were having rads you had to wait to have a recon, have I got this wrong?
Thanks for your insight.
Chemo went fine today, 5 down, 1 to go and now I find out I might get a furry face and bumpy limbs!! It really is the gift that keeps on giving!! X

Amy...brilliant news 😀😀😀

Starfire, yes on the downy face hair and I did have the leg thing. I put it down to hair follicles and the softer hair trying to push through xxx

Starfire my friend had the downy hair on her face. It went eventually but she had it a while and it was def after the chemo.

Hi Starfire,

I have got the goose bumps rash on my arms.  I am going to mention it to my GP when I see her next week.

I just wanted to ask if anyone else following chemo has had these undesirable effects.

1: Downing hair growing back all over face.

2: A permanent goosebump effect on calves and lower arms... not itchy but not attractive.

lots of love to all xxx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Starfire, 🤞🤞🤞for you my lovely, you are the marine of the thread for sure 🤼‍♀️🤼‍♀️🤼‍♀️Amy and Michelle ❤️❤️❤️❤️Excellent news, Aliand let’s make it the hat trick when you get your results too 👍👍👍👍hope everyone doing ok with 😎😎😎keep 😁😁💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻Ladies your bus is winging round the island to club Tropicana ❤️❤️💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Michelle SNB sentinel node biopsy. They have taken out 4 nodes from my armpit to decide how many more if any they need to take when I have my mastectomy and recon next month. It will depend on histology results. They don’t seem to do them on everyone no idea what the criteria is.
After that I’ll have radiotherapy. I’m near the back of the group for treatment as there’s quite a few who had surgery first.
22 days will come soon enough. You are doing fantastic x