Re: January chemo starters ?

Hi Ladies,

Waiting for taxi for rad 10 feeling ok so far but scar a bit sore even though I am lathering on E45 and Aloe Vera.  Managed to get some of the Lush shampoo bar on the internet through the Lush site so it's now back in stock if anyone is still needing some.

Well rads done and dusted - what am I going to do with my days now (apart from hanging out at club Tropicana)?

I have found rads to be fine for anyone worried about it.  Slightly tired one day when I didn’t drink enough and some discolouration of the skin (about the size of my hand). I am just using aqueous cream to moisturise and it seems to be doing the trick at the moment.  Have had a few stabbing pains round the mx site but they have only lasted a couple of seconds.

One thing I have noticed over the last couple of days is that my face gets really flushed, I am putting this down to the anastrazole though.

Hair is coming through - bum fluff as I like to call it.  

Thanks all for the support you lot are amazing and it’s always good to know I’m not losing the plot and some of this stuff is normal xxx Rosie glad to hear your feeling a bit better. I’m feeling more positive too - finally fitted in a little sleep between the flushes and my hair appears to be making an appearance a very patchy appearance but I’m grateful at this point for anything.

Hi Rosie glad to hear you are feeling better. It is an emotional rollercoaster. I watched a couple of Victoria Derbyshires videos today and she gets upset about the end of chemo and the end of rads. I can’t wait to be the end of chemo, but will probably cry then too! 4 down now so starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel!
Can you tell me how long it has been for you between surgery and starting rads? I know this can change but I’m trying to get a timeline in my head. Wishing you well x
Highlighted

Hi Rosie, I haven't even started rads!  Everything is up in the air until I get the results of my PET scan I had last week.  So by Friday next week I'll have my plan sorted which should include rads.  It's great you're not experiencing any SE's from the Tamoxifen, hope that continues 👍

Again thank you ladies, it’s so much easier when you know you’re not the only one feeling a bit...unusual!!!

im def going to see what they do at our local centre, the LGFB course there was brilliant. 

Dealdoh that’s amazing last Rads now...mine starts on the 4th, 3 days into Tamoxifen now and feeling ok no obvious SE in fact physically I feel a little better. 

Amy is that you done with Rads too? Xxx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

🥊🥊🥊🤼‍♀️🤼‍♀️🤼‍♀️🤼‍♀️🤺🤺🤺🤺keep focused and pace yourselves ladies, you’ve done so amazing, keep being kind to yourselves and not over doing it, dealdoh that’s great your on last rads already tomorrow 👍👍👍👍wonderful news, keep creaming afterwards, I’m still slapping it on a couple of times a day as your skin can still be dry for a while after finishing. Join us in club Tropicana, glitter hotpants ready and waiting 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻love to everyone I’ve your bus on the horizon on its way to club Tropicana now, dealdoh used her James Bond seat and it parachuting over to club Tropicana tomorrow 😘💕✨✨✨Shi xx

Exactly Dealdoh, that's what I've been like - want to hurry up and get back to normal, guilty if I sit and frustrated when I do too much and end up feeling like cr*p!  Yay last rads 👍

I think that is very true Rosie, and I don’t think any of us realised that getting over it would be as hard as going through it.  We have had to fight on both a physical and mental front and to me, the chemo was a more physical battle, although mental strength was also required but now, the fight is more mental, although there is the physical aftermath to deal with.  I find myself thinking that now the chemo is over, I should be getting back to how I was before and I am impatient to do so.  I feel guilty if I sit and then get frustrated when I push myself but can’t manage to do stuff.  I haven’t felt particularly emotional/tearful (yet) just pretty bolshy and p***ed off.

On the up side, last rad session tomorrow.

Hi Rosie, I'm from the Oct thread and finished rads last Tuesday. Felt really emotional when I finished-had a cry in the changing room afterwards and it wouldn't take much for me to have a cry now! It wasn't so much because it was the end of rads, but the end of treatment and all the rubbish inbetween! We have so much to deal with physically, but mentally it's just as difficult.

My YD and I went to a couple of workshops run by Macmillan on Thursday-aromatherapy and energy boosts and found them really enjoyable and calming, it's definitely worth finding out what your hospital have to offer.

I've also booked myself to have some counselling in a few weeks (also with Macmillan) as I think I'm going to find it difficult to go back to 'normality' and returning to work xx

Thank you kind ladie and Shi I might ring them tomorrow about maybe some reflexology or something. Moomoo you are so right it’s hard to know where you got fit any more bursts of emotion in!!

I know I never realised at the start of this that getting over it was almost as hard as getting through it...lots of love to all this Sunday morning xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

My darling beautiful ladies 👭👭please phone your bc nurses and speak to them and let them know how emotional the end of chemo has made you, there are courses at your trusts and things like reflexology and also coping courses and things that they can get you on, Ive known a lot of ladies benefit from these, please also call the BCCF line too, they will be supportive and listen my darlings, it is an emotional time and you have all do be so amazing and taken such care of each other you are beautiful, beautiful ladies. Keep focused your on the bus to club Tropicana now, think of it as the bus from the airport and you’ve run up the beach from palma and you’ve got to go to palma nova, magaluf, Up to soller, Porto soller, back to palma then over to all of us in club Tropicana between Cala boba and Callor Millie, I expect to see those January ladies flags flying out the windows of the bus and singing company bag from the onboard karaoke so we hear you coming so we can get the glitter hotpants ready for your memberships 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻 Right group sing song and the song is ‘this is me’ from the greatest showman girls because you are all fabulous 😘😘😘💕💕💕✨✨✨✨Shi xx

Hi Shocked and Rosie,

So sorry that you are both feeling low.  We have all been through so much but hopefully as our hair grows back we will feel more like our old selves again.  Love and hugs to both of you.

Love those puppies Rosie.

Shocked and Rosie with you on that roller coaster seem to be bursting into tears all the time ! And hot flushes 24/7 had zoladex this week and starting tamoxifen wednesday but can't see how I can get anymore tears or flushes in ! So surely can only plateau and get better. Big hugs to you both and all those feeling crappy xx keep swimming xx

Hi Rosie and Shocked, just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you both and to reiterate what Michelle has said xx

Hi Rosie and Shocked i just wanted to send you both my love, I feel for you both, this is such a rollercoaster of emotion with so much cr@p along the way. I hope you both feel better today xx

Shocked your post just set me off...I lay there last night with my mans hair, fake boobs, no nipples and hot flush and couldn’t have felt less like a woman if I tried. On a good note I took with dread my first Tamoxifen and actually woke up feeling better than usual! So feeling a little more positive today...sending you huge hugs xxx

Aww Rosie its emotional seeing the end of all this so tears is normal plus I think its quite scary - big hugs and that pic of your fur babies is so cute.

I've just been in floods of tears because I'm fed up of feeling broken my skin is awful and I never had any problems with it before chemo - plus I'm so shattered because of the stupid amount of hot flushes I'm getting so burst into tears in a hormonal mess,

Aliand - sorry to hear you have to wait that long to find out whats going on xx

So after all the horror of the chemo not working and you might need more or you might need Zoladex and other drugs I can’t pronounce I am back to Tamoxifen! Onco says she thought about it and it offers the best protection for my peri menopausal state...so now I’m with you Shocked apart from Radiotherapy and Tamoxifen that’s me done until 14th December 2018...which is strangely exactly 1 year since I was diagnosed. As I left I wanted to burst into tears and I have no idea why...x

Hugs back to you Dealdoh.😘
Ali and Amy, sorry you both have to wait for results, it's horrible waiting. Shocked, that sounds really sore, hope the new creams clear it up soon xx