Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: January chemo starters ?

Rosie h, how did your appointment with rheumatologist go darling? 😘😘photos of puppies please, i love that puppy smell they have if that doesn’t sound too odd, there is just that smell and it’s beautiful ❤️Amy thanks again for reminder about knitted knickers 👍👍they can do partial ones too for anyone who’s not had mastectomy. Girls on 😎😎🥓🥓🥓hope you are getting in ok and mr Hollywood ladies keep focused the st tropez beach cabanas are being decorated ready for you all 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💕💕💕✨✨✨Shi xx
Kip

Sorry just stumbled across this post for knitted knockers I have two and they are brill especially as you can add or take away the stuffing to suit. My mum downloaded the pattern from their website and makes me them. I have yet to get my proper boob but probably use KKs as love them

Amy that’s awesome well done...and your knitted knockers are brilliant 😀🏃🏻‍♀️

Aliand it was Zoladex you had I think, I feel like that all the time at the moment. Joints are so so sore. I do have some weird autoimmune palendromic rheumatism thing which went away with chemo and no immune system but is back with a vengeance but I’m sure some of it is post chemo and dodgy ovaries. Seeing the rheumatologist tomorrow see if I can score a steroid injection.

i wondered the same about removing ovaries. I’m going to ask the Onco. Not sure if anyone else had a Lobular tumour but apparently they can spread to the ovaries too...

Anyway back to coo over the new puppies, so nice to have something so lovely and positive xx

Well done Amy. I was thinking or having a go this week. Probably more walking but got to start somewhere.

First run (it was more of a walk/run) in about 2 months this morning!  Slowly getting back to normal and feeling good 😊

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Amy, brilliant, I’d forgotten about those, sorry I didn’t mention it ladies, Amy your post reminded me and I’ve ordered one for swimming 👍👍thank you. Shocked thanks for letting me know starfire doing ok 👍I hope she gets on better with 😎😎😎🥓🥓🥓 Aliand it might be worth you having word with your onc about having ovaries out, when I had to have brca test, they told me if I needed to have them out it was keyhole surgery to do it, so if it’s on your mind, speak to your onc my darling 😘😘love to you all 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

I’ve heard of them Amy but as I’m having an immediate recon I didn’t order any. If all goes wrong I will though. They look great, funny but great if you get me.

I’ve been really tired today and very achy I’m wondering if it’s that injection I had a week ago. Already forgotten what it’s called I do wish she had given me some written info.
Also if the sim is to shut my ovaries down forever, why not remove my ovaries ? As I understand it as a bc survivor we are at increased risk of ovarian ca so would it not be better to take them out ?? Anyone know ?

Amy they look fab - great idea yet half fillet is heavy enough 

Shi - some of the other ladies mentioned starfire has been posting on the rads thread. 

Highlighted

20180608_165626.jpg

Just wondering if you've all heard of Knitted Knockers (I know, lol right?!)?  My bcn suggested them when I mentioned that I found my chicken fillet quite heavy.  They are a charity so knit them for free, you can order from their website, search knitted knockers UK.  Mine came today so haven't trialled them yet, the pink one is for swimming 👍🏊‍♀️🐟

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Fel sorry to hear you had a wasted journey today, rads machines do have their moments from time to time, they did in my unit and most of us ended up with a days delay, so it can happen, but it’s the ground hog day feeling of it all that makes you think you’ve gone ga ga, I’m sorry ladies but it really does, like you need to feel anymore ga ga than we do already 😁😁has anyone heard from starfire? I hope she’s ok ❤️❤️❤️💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Oh no Fel such a long way for nothing Smiley Sad

That sucks Fel x

Aww fel that’s a long way to go for nothing ! I bet you were well peed off 😟
Aliand it’s my 3 Rd herceptin today xx

Hi Ladies,

Went down to Exeter again today for my 4th treatment and all 3 machines were down so I was sent home.

Really frustrating after such a long journey and I now have an appointment on one of my free days at 7pm in the evening.  Luckily the taxi drivers who take me are all great and very patient.  Hopefully machines will be fixed for my trip tomorrow.

My taste has come back at last although I had to persevere with the red wine and chocolate! 

I drive to my rads, about 25 minutes each way and haven’t had any problems. Feel bad for you tho Fel cos that is a bit of a trek to do on a daily basis.  Eight down, seven to go 🙂

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Aliand 😂🤣😂🤣😂no I’d not been on the pop 😂🤣😂🤣😂Amy, mai7 found fever tree waters helped her, you could pm her to see which ones she had to help with taste ❤️❤️She’s the angel who took me under her wing when I started chemo ❤️❤️Her and ladybowler ❤️❤️Hope that helps 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Rosie yes. SNB on 28th then mastectomy and reconstruction on 19th July. I can’t wait to get it over and done with now.
Taste didn’t come back properly between my 3&4 T so I’m guessing it’s going to be at least a couple more weeks.

Fel I bet that travelling is exhausting. I’m hoping to drive to mine as it’s only 20 min by car. If I get too tired it’s 2 buses and 1 hr 11 min yak !

Jamsey did you start the herceptin ?

Aliand is that your SNB then surgery?

My taste came back but I can’t drink coffee anymore without feeling sick and my bowels are still a bit sensitive!!! 

Fel that’s a huge journey for your Rads...xxx

I'm glad I'm not the only one still having taste problems, Aliand. It makes me nauseous still and still have to carry my bag of sweets, mints and sugar free gum!

I think Shi’s been on the sangria !

Oh no Fel no smartphone ! Well the group is just to make arrangements for the meet up so I’ll pm you any suggestions and make sure you are included and that goes for anyone else.
I think we should stick to here for our ‘home’ then we’ve got the support of Shi and the others who’ve been popping by.

3 weeks til my SNB so freedom for a bit got me. Still not got the taste back yet though.