Re: January chemo starters ?

CT - hope you're OK, this i shard enough without having to worry about your other half.

Starfire - he has more hair than me though which is making me a tad jealous Smiley Frustrated

Rosie - almost there for you then, just think in 3 weeks chemo is all over for you (apart from the crappy side effects). 

Its my good week this week and I intend to make the most of it and fully appreciate feeling close to normal Smiley Happy

Shi...thank you for the advise. I really don’t know what it was about today’s that freaked me out...

Starfire that pictures a little piece of heaven!!  I’ve got 1 more FEC after this one. Essentially they didn’t do the didn’t do the last T but still the 3 FEC so I gained 3 weeks back...chemo nurse today said oh they can always add some more at the end...I thought “can the b@ll@cks add it on!!! They’d have to catch me first”

I’m guessing by the time I’ve had surgery we will then all be somewhere on the radiation train together!

CT hope you’re holding up ok xxxx

Ali and you look amazing and your daughter must be so proud of you xxxx
CT I can’t comment on hubby as mine isn’t here , but I do think about how we would of been and how he would of handled this situation , he liked to be the protector and knowing he couldn’t protect me from this would of cracked him up , also I’m a stiff upper lip and crack on with it so I probably would have just tried to carry on with him not knowing how ill or scared I was , it’s a tough one x
I’m still feeling pretty rough today on day 5 which is unusual for me , but I think our bodies are getting tired xx
I think we’re all pretty amazing actually
Tom hardy on a float yes please xx
🐠🐠🐠🐠

Aliand, you look stunning x

Go on then I'll let him in
kwor, swoon

Great pic Aliand... looking fab!

RosieH are you not to having anymore Chemo after the 4th round then?

How is everyone else doing? Still numb finger tips... not good for typing 🙄😴💩

828A1609-E9F9-46F9-A920-AB2A57AB6034.jpeg

[ Edited ]

Tom Hardy is definitely up for joining us on the raft looking at his new hair cut....

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Flippers not clippers sorry for typo 😘
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Rosie 👭👭it’s ok to wobble and perfectly normal 😘😘have a word with your unit to see if there is a psychologist you could see who could give you some techniques to help you when you feel a wobble starting. You are 💪💪💪and you have your clippers I. Now and the ladies are hoofing your bum onto third raft for this round to help you darling 😘😘💕💕✨✨shi xx

I know what you mean about each cycle becoming harder to face BUT think how good it is going to feel when you know it’s going to be the last one 🤪

Aliand, what a beautiful picture of you and your daughter you must be so so proud of each other.  You look so glamorous.  

CT - big hug to you x

Crikey what’s wrong with me today...the thought of going this afternoon makes me want to cry!!! Having a right wobble xxx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Morning my beautiful swimmers 🐟🐠🐟🐠🐟just popping the flippers on you all for a bit of extra paddling power, it’s normal to get a bit of mid point slump but once this ones over it’s really 4 more weeks and glam glam aliand will have 6 weeks, so you are getting there amazing ladies 😘😘ct the mid point blow out with the oh is normal there have been quite a few of us had a similar episode of chucking the teddy out the pram, let him be in his man cave till he’s ready to come out. And don’t forget you can hitch a Life with Thor for a round of treatments that’s what he’s there for 😁😁😁💕💕✨✨✨shi xx

Aliand you look amazing...big hug for your daughter too. That’s certainly how to inspire them to be strong.

CT I’m so so sorry that you are having to deal with this on top of everything else...can you talk to him calmly? Make him realise this stress will have a detrimental effect on your health!!!! 

Huge hug...xxx

Thanks for the support ladies...at least I know I’m normal, thought I was being a bit of a baby!!!

Aliand mid June...I met a girl outside the oncology unit on Friday and she was offered a trial of just 4 sessions or the standard 6...however if the 4 weren’t effective she’d get four more. She said she took the 6 wasn’t ready to gamble!!!!

xxx

Aliand...you look beautiful x

Hey Rosie, yup I'm due in today an anxious as hell. Don't want to feel sick again, is defo getting harder.

Massive argument with hubby last night resulting in him walking out last night hasn't helped. He came back 4 hours later but he mentioned not knowing if we have much of a future 😣
Oh that and it's snowing and all the schools are shut!! Aarrgghh....could so do without all this today!!!!!

Oh wow Aliand, you look great and so brave! 💪

Rosie, I think it's normal for us to be having these ups and downs.  I'm currently on my week of feeling normal and I just felt really sad yesterday, I probably need a good cry but not feeling so miserable today.  Have you been offered counselling?  I have but heard nothing since 😕

Aliand - you both look stunning, love the earrings and necklace, you rock being bald  Heart do you know why you are having 8 sessions  - really feel for you but you are half way we'll get through to the end together Smiley Happy

Rosieh - You are completely normal, I think its getting worse each round as I know I'm going to feel so bad after for 10 days Never mind worrying the day before chemo, I've been dreading the next round since I walked out the hospital from the last chemo. Good luck tommorrow brave lady - hopefully knowing you are so close to the end will fet you through,

Paloma - wow when you write it all down in one list there are so many side effects.

Hi Paloma - welcome, gosh thats a long list of side effects, I guess mine are similar but you dont realise til you list them like that how much we have to go through.

Rosie, you are perfectly normal, of course you dread each treatment its horride, just read Palomas list to remind yoursel how awful all this is. But know I am really jealous that you are so near the end, I've still got 4 to do and even without any delays that means it will be middle of June before I get out of chemo hell ! Now that really is a long way away. Not sure if that helps you but I hope it does. 

I went to a party on Saturday night and braved the bald, it really did feel liberating. This is me and my gorgeous daughter who put this up on instagram saying "much love for my mama" we got 97 likes mostly her friends !!! She has told very few people about my cancer so this was a big thing for her.

IMG_0309.JPG

a week of glorious normalness awaits me before back to the chemo hell and the new drugs = T  oh how I dread it.

no swim cap needed, channeling my inner Duncan Goodhue - but I think I might be a little more attractive ! 

Thanks Buddyfan, will get some tomorrow.
Paloma, I have had very similar side affects through FEC except the bone ache/pain has only arisen since the T or injections.
Rosie, completely agree, I thought getting half way would make it easier but the end seems so far. Also the cold cap is getting so much more painful each time and I’m still losing hair but I’ve got this far I don’t want to stop now but dread it! Xx