Re: January chemo starters ?

Ouch shocked that sounds painful. I've had oral thrush every cycle (I'm on TCH) and icky taste, but touch wood no ulcers....yet anyway. Agree with Aliand...Difflam is amazeballs, use 5 / 10 mins before eating and it really helps.
Aliand...congrats on the poo's lol.. your post made me giggle!!! Mines gone the other day thanks to these bloomin antibiotics the hospital gave me...doh!!

Shocked
I use diffkam mouthwash it’s fab and was recommended to me by my bc survivor friend who suffered with ulcers.
And gelclair sachets. Seem to keep mine under control at the moment though T I’m led to believe is more harsh on mouth attack !
Ring your chemo unit for a prescription that where I got mine from. Do not suffer one more minute without something to help xxxxx

Smiley LOL The things this journey makes you appreciate!!!

Anyone any advice on mouth ulcers - nausea gone and tastbuds returning to somewhere near normal but I feel like I have been chewing a cactus - I literally have over 20 mouth ulcers just come up on my tongue and they flipping well hurt loads!!! I am prone to the odd one or two mouth ulcers but this is extreme my tongue is actually a different shape.

Water not weather. !

πŸ˜‚ yes I’m much better now. I was celebrating πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ my big poos πŸ’© ! The constipation has been hard work to crack this cycle. 😳😳😳
Today I think I’m winning πŸ…

Don’t worry though. I’ve not left any floaters in the weather πŸŠπŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜‚

Aliand - you OK?? That was a very graphic post Smiley Very Happy

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Aliand are you πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰having a big πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©? πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

OMG
πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©

I feel so much better
πŸ’ƒπŸ‘―β€β™€οΈπŸ‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜„
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Crazytimes, big ❀️❀️❀️And extra ✨✨✨✨for you and big hug too, sorry your oh being a πŸ’© hope he gets a πŸ₯ŠπŸ₯ŠπŸ₯Što knock some sense into him, do you want us to send Karana round? Mai7 is the amazing brilliant lady I met at my first chemo and she took me under her wing on this whole journey as well as having her own journey, I love her more than words can ever say, she is so amazing and then some. Aliand how lovely to receive some gifts 😘😘it’s always a surprise pick me up when you receive something unexpected 😘😘keep 🐟🐟🐠🐟🐠🐟🐟🐠🐠you are all πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺand fabulous πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

CT yay you’re ready...that’s good news...

I’m still waiting for my decision...if I’m staying on the chemo train I’ve been moved back to Monday....which means treat weekend, apart from the fact I’m considering fasting 😩....

Any ladies that go alone just remember we are all there with you...xxx

Rosie, such lovely words, thank you. On a different tack, I’m from Oct thread and when I opened the Jan thread it was somewhere near the start of your journey. You asked if anyone else was on T-FEC. I was; my onc (at West Suffolk) said the majority of their ladies are that way around. They use FEC-T for ladies who are going to need Herceptin as it’s not possible to have that with FEC. If it’s any consolation, they say T is usually worse than FEC so you might have an easier ride on your last chemos. On a down note, FEC is much worse for hair. A lot of ladies start to regrow on T but here I am, nearly six weeks after last chemo, feeling very bald. When I searched, the only other lady I found on T-FEC was also from West Suffolk Hosp.

While I’m here on your thread, I thought I’d spread my nail tip (I didn’t have time to go through all your thread, so you might know this already.) Early on I read a blog by a lady who is a hand/nail model. The only thing she uses is Boots Almond oil. I have used it throughout chemo and since, usually twice a day. I don’t wear any nail polish and always wear gloves outside or hide my nails. T is the nail hitter and its effects only become apparent months after T. My nails improved from their pre chemo state and although I have a little β€˜purpleing’ on two nails, those nails are structurally still very strong. You have to ask for it at the pharmacy and they often don’t have it. Easiest is to order off web, for free pickup at your local boots. It’s cheap as chips, actually cheaper, about Β£1.50ish for 50ml.

Good luck with your journey ladies. Stay strong and support each other. Here’s some licky penguins for you (don’t ask!) and unicorns from our thread. πŸŽ‡βœ¨πŸŽ‡βœ¨πŸ‘…πŸ§πŸ¦„πŸ‘…πŸ§πŸ¦„βœ¨πŸŽ‡βœ¨πŸŽ‡and a few hugs to keep you going. πŸ€—β€πŸ€—β€

CT I go on my own too. DH has poor tolerance for sitting around though I know if I asked him he would come. It really doesn’t bother me. I know what you mean about being pleased that it’s all going ahead. I totally dread delays.
Rosie the person that wrote that poem knows me. All the housework still falls to me and the majority of the kids taxi service. DH just hasn’t the time to do much.
Starfire hows the numbness. When I got carpel tunnel it started in the middle fingers.

ThNks to whoever said stop antihistamine e at 5. I’ll stop and hope tomorrow is ok too.

I’ve had a lovely delivery of cards fliers chocks and Mext gift voucher today from the Mims at my kids dance classes. I’m really touched as I do t know them all that well. It’s finny how you can be surprised by the kindness of people you don’t know all that well.

Watching celebratory bake off now, don’t think I can tolerate the cancer stories on it though in case they are not positive. πŸ™ˆ

I know Mai, I couldn't believe that even water tastes horrible! I found that when lack of taste buds were at it's worst, hot choc was quite a good drink as I could vaguely taste that! x

Community Champion

Shocked, sending hugs. I suffered a lot with my mouth. Sore, couldn't taste or everything tasted horrid, even water. Try having warm drinks as these are easier when you can't taste and you need to keep hydrated. I found cold drinks hard to tolerate, possibly due to oversensitive mouth. Xxx
Community Champion

Starfire, glad to help out. The chemo train is a tough ride at times. As you approach half way you feel you've lost who you were and can't quite see the end either. Hang in there, you'll get through it. Xxxx

Fab news CT , had my bloods today to see if my count is up ready for Thursday , I’m hoping so too so I can say fec off to fec , it will be crap if I have to deviate from my plan !!!
Highlighted

Thanks Shocked, yes I am feeling marginally better today.  I'm worried tho if the taste problem gets worse with every cycle?  Really not looking forward to any more 😝

All the best with your next cycle CT πŸ’ͺ

That's awesome Rosie, love it! πŸ‘

X 🐟 X

Crazytimes fab news - it’s a weird feeling being pleased about chemo going ahead isn’t it. Shame your OH feels he couldn’t face being with you for your chemo - has he asked how you feel about that? Stay brave lovely lady xx 

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Rosie H, beautiful thanks for sharing i’ll Spread the word πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨shi xx

No delays for me Yay! All results Ok and feeling sooo much better. Onc happy to proceed as planned. I did giggle at myself for being happy that I'm still going to feel like poo next week lol!
Shi - no he won't come with me. He came to the unit to look aroubdxwhen I was first informed I needed chemo and said that he couldn't face coming - so I go on my own, with my portable DVD player and Harry potter books to keep me company