cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

January 2019 chemo starters

Re: January 2019 chemo starters

Hi Ladies 

i hope you are all well. I just thought I would throw this out here this morning to see if you are interested in a meet up at all? I am going to ask the December ladies too, because I hop across both threads. I know others have met up before when they have finished their treatments and had a lovely time together 😊 I live near Edinburgh and would be happy to sort out 1 nights accomodation  in a hotel or apartment of anyone fancies a wee trip to Scotland, Edinburgh is beautiful or alternatively I am happy to travel and find a central location that suits everyone. I guess I was thinking early autumn time. We could have an afternoon tea, and or a lovely evening meal, a few drinks and a bit of fun.

let me know if you are provisionally interested , by adding to this thread, giving me your avatar name and true location and then we can sort out the details via private message.

hope you can make it.👍👍👍👍❤️😍 Sunnydaze xxx

Sunnydaze xxxc

Hi Mama Juju

i bought a small bottle of almond carrier oil and 100% rosemary oil from Holland and Barrat, it was on half price sale and I paid less than a fiver for both! I really like it, although it smells a bit pungent to our sensitive chemo noses. Lorraine1 also told me to turn my head upside down and massage for 2-3 mins and help the blood flow. My hair is definitely growing. I’ve been massaging it into my eyebrows too, hoping I don’t lose them. I also take a complex B tablet from Holland and Barrat it contains Bio ntin and my Onc told me it was safe to take. I will take a full Biotin tablet when I have finished treatment. All of these things (if you google) are good for promoting hair growth

Good luck with your next taxol. If I don’t do well on T they are going to shift me on to a taxol, given my foot pains.

much love

Sunnydaze xx

Hi All,

i just thought I would say a wee hello as I have not been on much after cycle 3.

@Sunnydaze, I have been feeling much the same as you for FEC3, it’s certainly been a tough one but I am always reminding myself that I am now more than half way there. My next drug is called Abraxane and not Decetaxol but it is part of the Taxol family. Lucky for me I won’t be getting the steroids, so that is a blessing in disguise. I took a really bad reaction to the small dose of steroids so they have decided to change it. I also had sore soles of my feet and went right up my calves. Plus this time round I have had numbness and tingling above my left knee which is a very strange feeling. Wishing you all the best for tomorrow, I get my 4th cycle on Friday. Another one ticked off the list. 

Can someone please remind me where you buy the Rosemary and Almond Carrier Oil for hair growth? Or do I need to buy the two individually and mix them?

@Kip, thanks for your good advice as always. You have been a great help to everyone in this group. 

@Everyone else, you are all doing amazing. We are definitely warriors and have come through the toughest of times. Keep going, we are all nearly there. 

As always, sending lots of love to you all. Xxxxx

Hi Stuckat14

I would not have a picc line again given what happened to me as I posted below and ending up with a blood clot from elbow to shoulder. If you have to have a line in then go for a port, the line at least drains into a larger vein in your body. X

Sorry to hear of your vein problems Stuck at 14. Don’t panic over having a pic line. I had mine fitted in December before my 1st chemo and it has been a godsend. I was worried about it beforehand, but they gave me a local anaesthetic and I felt no pain at all. I’m having 5th chemo on Thursday and it has been used for everything,all blood tests etc. Apart from having it flushed and cleaned once a week it has given no problems at all. Once it’s in place your not really aware of it,just need a sleeve to hold the end in place so it doesn’t get caught. The hospital ones I found were either too big or too small, so pinched a pair of my sons football socks, cut off top and bottom and it works a treat. Good luck, it really will make life easier.

Hi ladies

Thats great news regarding shrinkage of your tumour LB. That must have given you a  good lift.  Giving that bad ass cancer a run for its money. 💪💪💪

Im sorry you’re feeling rough Stuck at 14, if it’s any consolation I felt really low during cycle3 too. I wasn’t able to exercise so much due to sore feet (muscular pain)  and I have done a fair bit of comfort eating, too much chocolate !!! I am putting on weight and unhappy about that. I hope you feel a bit better soon, it’s horrible feeling low, but we have better days too 😊 . I hope you get your arm sorted. My arm has been  sore and Voltarol has definitely helped, but not looking forward to chemo4 ‘tomorrow T’ and my poor veins.Im quite nervous about it all. I have found it really helpful reading about all of the se’s from the December ladies.

Good luck to all.

sunnydaze xx

LB

Hi Stuckat14 thankyou 🤗 My arm has been very sore the last couple of weeks - I have had 3 FEC - it’s the e part which damages the veins. My nurse said it’s ok to use volterol. That deals with the ache but I guess it doesn’t help with the access to your veins for infusion. So far they have been able to use mine ok 🤞 I have FEC x4 next week 🤞 🤗

Such good MRI news lb.  

Can I ask about veins/picc lines? I had last ec on Friday and they couldn't get it in my right arm so had to have it in my bad arm- I wasn't going to leave without it. On now booked in for a picc line but honestly dont think I  can go through with it. Why cant my veins recover? I thought docetaxel was less harsh on veins. Why does it have to be my hand? Maybe i need to ask them more questions but I'm interested to hear your experiences. Really struggling with sickness after this one- and my mood, good to know I'm not alone though. Hugs xxx

LB

Hooray I had some good news today - I had a MRI and the oncologist brought up some of the images to compare with the one before starting chemo - they still have to be reviewed by the experts but as far as she - and I - could see there was a marked decrease in the size of the tumour and in the lymph glands that are affected. Fingers crossed 🤞 x🤗

Hello All

Talking of arm pain I had a trip to hospital last Monday to remove my picc line due to a clot that had built up. Apparently it is a risk with a picc line especially as chemo makes our blood a bit more sticky. Jeez I was healthy before I began (!) and now I'm injecting blood thinner into my tummy every day at least until I finish chemo and the clot has dispersed. Plus I'm on tramadol as the pain is terrible - way worse than my W/E and lymph node clearance. I had not been having too bad a time of it with the chemo, only arm pain from the second EC and now I'll have to go back to cannula for my 4th and final EC and the following 4 paclitaxels. I'm just hoping paclitaxel is gentler on the veins than epirubicin. Smiley Sad(((

For any cold cappers - how are you getting on? I'm still going. I'm thinner all over but full covering and bizarrely my hair has grown as I have a inch of roots. Sunnydaze I'm so glad to hear the rosemary and almond oil helps, keep massaging with your head upside down for 3-4 mins each day, it will increase circulation to the follicles.

Good luck to anyone approaching EC4 (mine's next Tuesday).  Anyone else going on to paclitaxel? XXX

Hi Kip,

Yes, Thank you for this useful information regarding T and it’s side effects. It’s so tough trying to deal with all of this, it pulls you down mentally doesn’t it. I guess we’ve no other option other than digging deep and getting on with it.

It feels so unfair sometimes. Yes, this thread gives you comfort, but I often think why us??? What have we done to deserve this???

Sunnydaze x

LB

Thankyou Kip it’s good to know some of the side effects and to be prepared. 

Hugs to all 🤗 we’re either halfway or nearly halfway we can do this xx

Kip

Hi ladies, just thought id add a bit about my experience with ghe T part of chemo.  I had 3 x FEC then 3 x Docetaxol (T).  Compared to the FEc part i didnt get sickness but wss given anti sickness pills in case.  In general it was the mouth issues that were worst.  First cycle i got really bad oral thrush and ulcers which j think i left too long before getting treatment.  I eventually got flucozanole pills and a liquiid to putnon my tongue and also had a stay in hospital for neutropenea.  After that cycle i msde sure j got the flucozanole with my chemo bag each time and took them as soon as tongue began to tingle and it definitely didnt get so bad from then on.  Also i would gargle with salt water every couple of hours just to keep on top of it.  The other thing was numb tingly thumb which is a sign of neuropathy so watch for that and let onc know itnit happens and they can adjust the chemo next time.  Once chemo fjnished thumb was fine.  Nails bexame brittlebtoo but overall the T came with slightly different SEs but again manageable just rjng that hotline if you need to.  

Take care 

Kip

Hi Pastamissus,

Thank you for taking the time to reply and for such helpful information. 👍

I have been a bit rubbish on FEC, so am dreading T, but gonna keep as positive as I can.🤞

At the very least, it will be one more cycle ✅ ticked off.

Sunnydaze xx

Hi, I've popped over from the December thread. I have had 3 FEC and had my first Taxotere 10 days ago. I was really dreading the side effects of the T, I had been OK with FEC apart from 2 days of no brain and no energy. I was waiting for the 'run over by a bus' feeling, but with T I had aching of lots of joints days 4-8. Yes, I needed painkillers, and yes, it got me down - not because it was unbearably painful, but because it just kept going. If it wasn't my hips, it was my knees, or my ankles or my heels (heels??? how does that happen?). But I have to say I have been in much worse pain when I have had flu. The thing with flu is you know it's going to be over in a day or so, whereas with this it just feels much more open-ended as to when it's going to stop. Definitely had more brain than when on FEC. So, all the best for those of you switching over to taxotere and hope it goes well

Hi LB,

It  pleases me knowing that the Voltarol is working for you too😊. I’m glad your nurse gave it the thumbs up too. I too was quite surprised at how quickly it started to work. You sounded reassured from your chat with your lovely BCN, you are lucky that she is so supportive. I’m glad you slept well too, it makes everything more bearable if you’ve had a good sleep.

I hope your meeting goes well with your Onc next week. 

Yes, we are half way through (or almost half way through) this heartbreaking journey and that definitely deserved a few thumbs up 👍👍👍👍.  Enjoy the weekend everyone .

Sunnydaze xxx

LB

Hi sunnydaze

i contacted my nurse and she advised the volterol too - just bought some and within a few minutes it was easing. 👍 My nurse is so lovely- nothing too much trouble and I had a long list to ask her about - she put my mind at rest and I slept deeply for several hours - first time in days 😊 I think my oncologist will decide next week if I do another FEC or go to T - all seems to be on course I hope. Do those who go onto T have Emend - if so I need to ask for some more - but my nurse reassured me when she said T doesn’t make people quite so nauseous - she also said that although I felt more tired this time I might not be the same on the next one if I do have another FEC 🤞 

Around halfway anyway 👍

hugs to all 🤗

Started my T yesterday. No problems yet Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy  

Mentioned to the nurse about my "panic attack" I had 3 days after FEC last time and she concluded it was due to me taking too many anti sickness tablets, which I had been told by 2 previous nurses I could do.  

Still no sickness so far.  Yes had to take 8mg steroids 24 hours before T and 12 hours before T and same again more steroids this morning and tonight and same tomorrow.

Got 6 injections this time instead of 5.  My nephs were at the low end when I had my blood test Tuesday but I forgot ask how low.  So they took blood again yesterday morning, and levels had come up a bit. Nurse said that could be due to the steroids I took the day before, so that was good.  

Am still cold capping and like someone mentioned I have bald patches at the top but just wear a beret style hat when out. Might need the winter hats again soon according to weather forecast lol.  My fringe is still there and cut it into a full fringe so when I have the beret on it looks like decent amount of hair there.  

Waiting for a wig.  Was ordered weeks ago but when appointment made for fitting it, it was only few days after a FEC session and was feeling too nauseous, so cancelled and was arranged for following week. But that was cancelled due to Wig lady having the flu.  Still waiting for appt, but at this rate maybe I wont need it if the bald patches start filling in.  Can live with wearing berets if I still have fringe and hair around the edge of the beret.

Huggs to all and good luck to the ones changing to T soon.  Hope the side effects are kinder to you all Smiley Happy   

Hi Ladies,

Im sorry to hear that your arm has been sore too LB, it’s pretty disconcerting when you realise how strong these drugs are!!! 

Good to hear that you’re out of hospital Stuck at 14 😊 and that all is well. Sepsis is terrifying  and it sounds like you have been through the mill, but I’m pleased to hear you are ok and onthe mend. Onwards and upwards xx

Im going to a concert too in Glasgow  this weekend, as part of a family celebration. I am delighted the hospital has pushed chemo back for 4 days for me, to allow this to happen. It just puts a little joy back into life. I hope you enjoy your concert too when it comes. 😊 Good luck with your final EC  stuck at 14 today and to everyone else who is dealing with chemo and maybe switching o er to ‘T’ shortly.

sunnydazexx

My message re mri is for gocat 

Hi everyone.bsorry I'm still not keeping track of who has said what. On the WBC injections - I'm going up to 7 after my 3rd ec tomorrow because of being neutropenic. It's really good to hear people talking about the anxiety of starting T or docetaxol- I'm terrified but having ab4 week break after 3rd ec tomorrow so that I can go to a concert at the end of March! I'm terrified of sepsis again after my hospital stay last week- I've just been looking at surgical face masks to try and avoid bugs days 7-14. The dic today really scared me saying that sometimes it's too late even for iv antibiotics to get rid if the infection so I think I will be constantly on the phone and I wish I could have daily blood tests to check I'm ok. 

Still lots of smiles here too, some of the school mums have reached out with lovely stories of things there kids have said- all positive and reassuring that my 5 ye old son is coping well and not worrying but laughing at my wigs instead! 

Anyway. Good look everyone and I hope those of us in the midst are not feeling guilty about the bed days or pushing ourselves too hard and definitely not ignoring strange feelings or temperatures. 

Xxx

I think everyone’s different , I had mri before chemo , my friend in between ec and next lot of chemo ,  there’s certainly others who’ve had mri in between as there are chats on this jan chemo thread about wearing wigs during the mri , as far as I know it’s just to get an idea of measurements , good luck x 

LB

Hi all

Sunnydaze Thankyou for the tip about Volteral - I have a call in to my nurse to ask about this - amongst other things - as my arm has also become sore. I’m seeing my oncologist next week- FEC 3 has definitely made me more tired - I think I am having 4 as my next time is 1.30 and I’m sure that they told me that the first T takes longer - or it might be the Herceptin that I am due to have at the same time. Chemo brain seems to have made me forget everything I have been told 🥴 

good of luck and hugs to all 🤗 

Hi LB2

Glad to here the cold capping is working for you and that you still have some hair. 💕

Yes it is a worry thinking about the next onslaught of “T” let’s hope, it’s as kind to us it can be! 🤞🤞 It’s a lottery knowing what se’s we are going to fall for.  Good luck for Monday and I hope you are able to enjoy your weekend.

I  should have been scheduled to have my “T” tomorrow, but I have a big family celebration this weekend, so the hospital has kindly pushed me down the week and I will now have “T” on Wednesday instead.

My Onc did tell me that if I have trouble with the one big dose of “T” they can offer me weekly doses of it’s sister drug Paxcitaxel. The same efficacy, but a kindly weekly dose. I would on balance  rather have the larger dose because I don’t want to trail to the hospital every week. I enjoy my “good” week, but we shall see how I react.

Anyway loads of luck for Monday LB2.

Sunnydaze xxx

LB2

Pleased to see the January chat is active again. Sunnydaze sorry to hear FEC 3 has knocked you for 6. I have been pretty lucky with SE on FEC but like you also dreading the T which I start on Monday. I already get bone pain in my back or neck from the injections towards the end - I have it for 7 days. Strange how the number of injections seems to vary for everyone.  

Update on hair - I am still cold capping and have managed to hold on to the fringe and back of my hair. But the cold cap was very painful for the first 15 mins last time, presumably due to the fact I am bald on top although they put some gauze on my head to protect me. In fact my fringe has been growing but reluctant to trim it as I might be able to fashion some sort of comb over when the bald patch starts to fill in!  Still have eyelashes and eyebrows but I think they are thinning. Did anybody lose these on FEC? I think the T part is likely to affect them more.

And for those starting on the T part check when you need to start your steroids - for me I have to start the day before instead of on the morning of chemo.

We can do this! 

Hello lovely January ladies💕

I hope you are all doing well and coping in chemoland.

i haven’t posted for a while, but I have been reading your posts with interest. Hang on in there girls! FEC3 has been tough for me and I am now in my good week I have felt less nauseous this time round, due to better anti-sickness drugs, but I have been dogged with a general unwell feeling and a lack of energy and motivation. I have been unable to get out to walk as much or ho out on my new electric 🚵‍♀️ mountain bike. FEC3 has definitely knocked me about and floored me. The bounce back has taken much longer, day 14 and even now I hardly feel tip top. Has anyone else had problems with joints, muscles or inflammation on FEC (no injections)?

I have had problems with inflammation, swollen tummy and sore feet and ankles . I Was hardly able to walk between days 7-9, limping along. My Onc thinks it’s just inflammation and chemo will often find your weak points because I have had problems with my feet and joints before. This doesn’t bode too well for ‘T” . I’m not looking forward to the joint pain and inflammation.I hope it’s just a temporary thing. I don’t want any peripheral neuropathy either, this can often hang around permanently after chemo.😩😩

My arm is also sore now, not at the injection sight, but generally from my wrist to my elbow. It’s my veins. My oncologist told me, this has been caused by scarring of the veins, it will go down (eventually) but she also told me to rub voltarol into the sore areas on my arm. This is definitely working. Apparently vein scarring is caused by the Epirubicin, the E in FEC or as  my friend calls it,” the Red Devil”. My oncologist told me putting E into my veins was like putting Domestos into my veins.!!!!! I think my face fell when she told me this. Apparently “T” won’t be so damaging.🤞

I have definitely gained weight on FEC, probably about 6lbs, some of this is related to the chemo and steroids, but I have definitely been comforting eating, being housebound and inactivity induce weight gain 😩

I have been rubbing rosemary and almond Carrier oil into my scalp and my hair is actually growing 💕. It’s only thin spindly strands and not a proper growth, but I was pleased to see that it has still got capacity to grow.👍It’s not given up the fight. 🤞🤞🤞🤞It does upset me so much not having hair. I find hats easier to wear than my wig.

So, folks, that’s me. I’m in halfway land. No more FEC, it can FEC off hurry ! I await with displeasure for the hell that is “T” next week to continue  on this path of cack.

Big love and strength 💪❤️💕 to you all.

Sunnydazexx

Haven’t been here a while. Find this forum hard to follow. I noticed some are having mri. Is that standard during chemo. 

Having first of T tomorrow. Haven’t had any mri yet. 

LB

Hi Kip and Sparkie1 

i am due the MRI next week but I wanted to share that on my “benchmark “ MRI the stand out music track was “I will survive” I nearly started to chuckle but I was too nervous 😂  I ‘m relieved to hear that they’re not all going to get worse - this one has knocked me about more than the last 2 ☹️ I’m starting to feel a bit better now  so i’m looking forward to a few good days 👍 good luck and hugs to all 🤗

Thanks LB Smiley Happy Hope the MRI went okay. 

Kip - yes it was certainly a novel experience. I was after some tunes also but they wouldn’t let me have any Smiley Sad I do love a bit of inappropriate music hee hee 

Kip

Morning January warriors!   Just popped by to see how you are all doing.   Seems the chemo is doing its worst for some of you, hang in there.. what happens one cycle doesn't necessarily mean it will happen every cycle.  I see some of you have had MRIs?  That was an experience I'll never forget, the noise and the shaking (or maybe thats just my hospital's old machine) not to mention the dangling boobies!   At mine they gave me earphones to wear and some "nice" music to listen to.. first track was the theme from Titanic.. not exactly uplifting.. made me laugh though so I guess it helped.

Take care all of you...be strong...and kick this BC's butt

Kip

xxx

LB

Hi Sparkie2001 so sorry to hear that your treatment is not going to plan 🙁 I think I was wondering about the wig being uncomfortable as the MRI is a front facing scan of the breasts to check how the chemo is working. I think a hat or scarf will be best. Good luck with your continuing treatment 🤗

Hi LB 

I had an MRI yesterday and was a bit worried the wig would be uncomfortable so wore a hat instead. 

Good to hear everyone is ploughing on well with the chemo. I’ve had a few problems since the first cycle so everything has been deferred until they work out whether or not it’s safe to continue. Just when you thought things couldn’t get even more complicated... 

LB

Daisydi thanks i’ll give it a go and hope it doesn’t come off with the headphones 😂 

Hi LB as far as I am aware the only thing you have to watch out for with the MRI is metal as it is a big magnet.  So a wig should be fine as long as you dont have any hair clips x

LB

Hi I have a couple of MRI scans coming up - the first since I became a baldy - I was wondering if anyone else has had any and we’re they able to keep their wig on - I have some scarves so I guess I could take one with me just in case 🤗 

Will watch out for crisps then!  Really dont think cold cap would compromise treatment in any way as all its doing is trying to stop blood supply/chemo reaching your hair follicles.

I had the same thing Val Beach - a wierd painful scalp for a day or so midway through EC1 cycle, then a few strands more than usual came out the next day, but then it stopped.  I will continue with it for now, I'm just hoping it doesn't compromise the treatment - health over vanity every day!  You're right, I had a tight fit and horridly tight chin strap - my hair is really thick so I wore it for 3 and a half hours on Tuesday, eek. 

I'm also getting hot flushes now,  every half hour or so, it's not nice but not unbearable so far!

After my mastectomy and ANC I did get very achy on the other side (arm, not boob) - I figured it was mild repetative strain due to overuse, I'm now using my arms much more evenly and it's totally gone.  It's so easy to get bogged down by every twinge and let your brain run away with you Smiley Sad

Daisydi, your goodie bag sounds great!  I didn't get one but collected together similar things - Wethers Originals have been great to disguise the metal taste I get in my mouth.  Oh, just to warn you - some ladies love crisps & find they cut though the yukky mouth, & some don't - I'm gutted to say that I had a few mildly peppery crisps and it totally wrecked my mouth.  I didn't have mouth ulcers but every surface burnt, it was horrible.  Difflam mouthwash sorted me out, but it took a week.  No more crisps for me Smiley Sad

xxx

I’m cold capping , after about a week and a half after first chemo my scalp around my crown started to tingle and was tender , a few days after that I started to loose some hair , I’ve had 2 ecs now and my hair is slightly thinner but no visible patches, I will definitely continue , just make sure the cap is tight fitting  , and the chin strap is done up firmly , good luck 😉 

Well I’m having a bit of a melt down today 😬 I’m thinking I’ve gone into menopause, which is normal I’m told ( third ec ) next week , having hot flushes but my opposite breast ( the healthy one ) is tender , ( it was before all this ) and my arm , underneath, towards my armpit is a little sore , I sit there and convince myself it’s now in nodes , ( even tho my nodes on bad side are clear ) my sis pointed out that I’m using that arm more ( due to pain after node biopsy on opposite arm ) I’m not sleeping very well and I’m tense , I can’t feel anything under arm , and presume nodes are working overtime both sides due to this illness , onc checked both breasts , arm pits , collar bone etc 2 weeks ago and quite happy , breast nurse says I’m over thinking and this is normal ? Anyone else convincing themselves it’s everywhere ? My lump started to shrink after 1 st ec ,and onc quite happy , every time I’m told something positive my head comes up with a negative 😬 

I am having cold cap too.  I have read and researched a lot into it.  My friend has also sent me some very expensive product to use with it.  I expect to lose some hair with the cold cap but it does help apparently and helps the hair to grow back quicker apparently.  My friend used it and had a couple of bald patches by her third session and they would not let her use it the third time and she lost most of her hair.  She was so upset that she rang Paxman who make the cold cap and they assured her that it could be used with bald patches but that they had to put a theatre cap over your head.  She is really nagging me to be very firm with my nurses and also to make sure it is really tight as wherever it doesnt touch the hair will go.

Hi Bluetit good to hear from you.  Been to the chemo unit today, had a blub, heart scan,ecg and tomorrow bone scan but its all systems go for Monday at 9am. Got tons of paperwork to read and the emergency number.  Very scared now but just want it over and done with.  They are referring me for a wig which I am hoping I wont need. Picked up some dark nail polish so will do toenails over the weekend.  A local charity provides a box of goodies for ladies undergoing chemo so Ive got one of those too.  You wouldnt believe all the stuff in there.  Even lolly makers and cordial and kettle chips and mints and so much more.  That did bring a tear to my eye.  Hope you get the KFC.  Thinking of you xx

Oh & my other worry today is if I'm doing the right thing by getting the cold cap - I presume it wouldn't be offered if it reduced chemo effectiveness...... does anyone have any good research/ articles to help set my mind at rest? Thank you xxx

I just press reply as well Val Beach, not sure if there's another way! 😂

Daisydi - how are you feeling? Nearly there now!

Stuck at 14- glad you're back at home.  Thank you for reminding me that it's good to be a bit anxious at times, checking temp etc.

I'm day 3 after EC 2, & feeling physically better than last time.  I'm waiting for a call about my CT full bone scan & can't concentrate on anything other that the phone!  It's so horrible waiting for results. 

I really want a KFC!  (Day 3 of EC 1 I really wanted a sausage sandwich... what's that all about?! Maybe steroids, maybe comfort...?)

Sending love to all xxx

How do I get my messages on here without going into reply ? Or am I being daft ? 😄

She wasn’t sick , tired , upset and when she said she tried cold cap but didn’t like it , her hair was perfectly blow dried as she left the hospital , a bit different from reality but at least it’s getting talked about x 

Also is anyone else watching cold feet? How is Jen getting through chemo so well!?

Hi all, yep I came home yesterday- I know other people have had the same experience but I did just want to say that I ignored feeling a bit shivery for a couple of days before I called the hospital. I needed to be there, I was diagnosed as having neutropenic sepsis, low blood pressure and low potassium so all of that was dealt with. So just please don't ignore that feeling of being a bit 'off' and keep a close eye on your temperature! 

Here's to resting and getting close to the midway mark! Xxx

@LB wrote:

Hi Lorraine 1 we're on the same regime - my third FEC was yesterday too.  I'm not doing too bad - about the same as the previous two so I'm following a pattern.  I was so sleepy and woozy yesterday evening - dropped into bed and slept for ages. I'm not too nauseus - thanks to the Emend and the other anti sicks. In my session yesterday I sat next to a lady who's had ovarian cancer surgery and her infusions take 6 hours!! each time. I'm going to be having Herceptin and Pertuzamub after FEC 4 with the T.  Apparently they keep you there for several hours with the first in case of side effects but at least I won't be hooked up all that time. 

Hugs to all going through and coming out off their chemo fogs. xx

LB

Hi Lorraine 1 we're on the same regime - my third FEC was yesterday too.  I'm not doing too bad - about the same as the previous two so I'm following a pattern.  I was so sleepy and woozy yesterday evening - dropped into bed and slept for ages. I'm not too nauseus - thanks to the Emend and the other anti sicks. In my session yesterday I sat next to a lady who's had ovarian cancer surgery and her infusions take 6 hours!! each time. I'm going to be having Herceptin and Pertuzamub after FEC 4 with the T.  Apparently they keep you there for several hours with the first in case of side effects but at least I won't be hooked up all that time. 

Hugs to all going through and coming out off their chemo fogs. xx

Hooray! EC number 3 down (yesterday) and only one more to go in March then I'll be half way. How is everyone else who's had EC3 or FEC3 feeling? I'm queasy but was 3 hours late taking my Emend and steroids as slept in. 

Stuck, I hope by now you're back home?

Big hugs to all who are emerging from number 3 or about to go in xxx

Such a shame to have happened in half term, but brilliant you acted quickly.

Rest up & really hope you perk up soon xxx