Community Champion

Re: January 2016 Chemo starters

We started and finished on the same day Kim. Dates I won't ever forget!
You are so right Ellie. There was always someone here to pick us up when it got really bad and boy did I need everyone here at times!
I'm sorry to hear you haven't managed to shift your cold symptoms. It's always worrying after what we've all been through but better to get it checked out. I've had a lots of pain in my ribs and underarms lately and was getting very worried about if. Luckily it's got much better now and I think it was not helped by my constant coughing overchritmas and too much lifting after we moved. Let us know how you get on.
Lots of love
Claire xx
Community Champion

Ellie, I have one more nail to get back to normal now - same as you, nail bed hasn't quite sorted itself out but I reckon give it another couple of months and it will be fine 😊
Sorry you're still feeling ill with colds, good luck for your test results xxx

I actually feel quite proud when I realise what we have all endured! It's so true that you were real life savers for me, when things hit rock bottom you always picked me up! 

I am STILL ill - I have had cold symptoms for 3 months without a day off now. I was back in hospital on Saturday having further tests but don't get the results until Friday. 

The good news is that my nails now look normal - I don't think the nail beds are quite as long as they were, but they don't look odd any more. 

Community Champion

Same here! I've been going by it was a year ago yesterday because it was a Monday and tomorrow because that's the 18th! Either way, we were both on steroids today a year ago and attempting to drink masses of water! It was when I started snacking at night too - ritz crackers and almonds. I'm surprised I can still face eating them!
It was so good to compare notes and get support from you all each day - made a massive difference 😊
Xxx
Community Champion

Hi Claire , lovely to hear from you! Hope you are keeping well and enjoying some lovely normality again!! Xx  

Community Champion

Hello to all you lovely January 2016 ladies. It's a year tomorrow since my chemo started. I actually feel pretty sick when I remember it all. It was so hard! Couldn't have done it without the support from you all here. We definitely got through it all together.

lots of love to all of you and let's hope 2017 is happy and healthy for us all!

claire xxxxxx 

Hi all!

I haven't posted for ages, but it's really good to hear that everyone is doing so well - how different from this time last year....I remember trying to hold it together all over Xmas when all I could think about was starting chemo on Jan 5th - & hoovering the sitting room in tears because everything still hurt & I felt so exhausted & frightened...

12 months on & the curly grey hair is now dyed back to brown & getting straighter, joint pains with Letrozole, but taking it seems like a safety net.  I joined the gym after radio & have now dropped a dress size & swum the Channel (metaphorically of course, in warm swimming pool, over several weeks!) . I can recommend the free Swimfit app for motivation, & swimming for helping with the joint pains & for feeling positive & normal again! Also done a couple of free "MOOC" on line courses: Mindfulness, nutrition & exercise & genealogy, all of which have made me appreciate this new, different life.

Here's to a positive, healthy & enjoyable 2017, we've earned it!

Happy New Year to all! Xxx

Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year and good health of course. What a year it has been for us all and pleased 2016 is nearly over. I'm starting the 'Moving on' course next Friday - others seemed to feel it was beneficial . I'm doing ok , apart from some breathlessness, hoarse voice etc - it was suggested by once to have an endoscopy done, but when delivering Xmas gifts for granddaughters etc in Burton on Trent, my son in law suggested the same 😨 ( he's Consultant Anaesthetist at Burton ), still thinking about it !!! With many thanks to all throughout this last year - love and best wishes ,Mechele x x
Community Champion

Happy New Year to you all too! 🎉
Saw my breast surgeon on Thursday for a check up and to see if I needed/wanted my implant changing. She's happy with it (although it does sit higher than my natural side and radiotherapy has hardened it) so it's up to me if I want further surgery. The longer I wait the better following radiotherapy, so l'll see her in a year's time. It's nice to know I have a year to decide!
So I'm sure we're going to be spending the first half of 2017 taking advantage of all of the occasions we missed last year due to the constraints of chemotherapy! I'm particularly looking forward to Mothers Day and Easter as I was feeling too rubbish to enjoy them!
Sending you all the very best for a happy and healthy 2017 xxx

Hi all,
So sorry I've been so quiet, I hope everyone is well and had a better Christmas this year.
Wow what a year we have all add and I couldn't of done it without all your support, you've been great.
Last year on New Years Eve I saw my oncologist and signed up for chemo, I then went to try wigs on!!! I remember at midnight crying because I didn't want 2016 to happen and here we are at the end of it. I'm so happy to be waving bye bye to this year. I do feel like I've become a stronger person though, I've learnt a lot.
Wishing you all a happy and healthy 2017.
Take care
Debbie xxxxxxx
Community Champion

Happy New a Year to all the Jan 2016 starters. I'm very glad to see the back of 2016 and I hope everyone is well and celebrating and having a good time tonight. 

What a difference a year makes! 

Lots  of love to all. 

Claire xxxxxx

Very well said Casey!  A very Happy New Year to everyone.  Let's hope we all have a fantastic 2017 to make up for all the horrors we've survived in 2016.  We definitely do deserve it. XX

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all well and have enjoyed a good Christmas. Definitely much better than last year! Wishing everyone a much better 2017. 

Love from

Cassy xxx

Community Champion

Hi everyone,

How good to be a year on from facing the prospect of chemo! It was so hard but all of you  here helped me get through! I'm doing well, but have also had a horrible cold and cough which is just clearing up. I had an onc check up last week and all good ( hopefully it will stay that way!)

I hope everyone has a healthy, happy Christmas. We certainly deserve it after lasted year!

love to all,

Claire xxxx

Well done everyone - I think we are all moving on in our own ways! I have had a cold / variety of colds for 8 weeks now and am really sick of feeling ill again! Anyone else suffering from lowered immunity? Ellie. 

Community Champion

And a very Happy Christmas to you all from me too!!
Celebrating this year with my new short dyed hair which I'm really pleased with!! The wig will be washed and put away in it's box, then I'll find somewhere to donate it in the new year.
I see there is a January 2017 thread started, so as well as dropping in on here, I'll be checking in with them from time to time too Smiley Happy
Lots of love to you all ❤️
Xxx

Just wanted to wish everyone a big Happy Christmas holiday.  I am finally starting to feel well again and more like myself.  I hope that everyone else is feeling happy and well and getting on with living life?  Do post an update from time to time, I'll never forget this year and all the help and support I found here.  I feel very very lucky!  XX

Community Champion

Great newscKim  and Fiona, isn't it nice to be living normal life again! I've got a check up with the onc next week. Then hopefully no more hospitals for a while. It's a year today since my second mx and node clearance.    I think back and wonder how the hell I got through it all! 

Today im pacing as we I've into the new house we have built next Friday! I'll be sad to leave my current house as we built this one too, but I'll be closing the door on memories of days feeling so ill sat on the sofa during chemo!

i hope everyone is ok and looking forward to a much better Christmas then last year! 

Love

claire xxxxx

Community Champion

That's good news Fiona 😊 Mine came back too, didn't understand the results but as they don't want to see me for 2 years I'm guessing it can't be too bad! (I have borderline thinning bones from a pre-existing condition) Mammogram came back clear too!! One year down 😃
Had my second proper haircut today, got a bit of a style going on now. Made an appointment to have it coloured on the 20th and that'll be the day I stop wearing my wig 😊
This time last year was my last day at work before I had my operation and then was off for the next 7 months!! I do feel great now, really positive - hope it lasts!
Lots of love to you all
Kim xxx