Re: January 2016 Chemo starters

BRILLIANT NEWS! I sobbed my heart out the other night when I read about your recall. I really couldn't be happier for you! Ellie. x

Community Champion

Ah that is good news and a huge relief!
Our poor brains do go into overdrive at the hint of possible bad news....
So pleased for you 😊
Xxx
Community Champion

Wonderful news Mechele. I have been thinking about you a lot. Relax and enjoy Christmasceorh your family.
Claire xxxxxxx

Hi everyone , I did write a message yesterday and have no idea why it wasn't posted !!!, so will start again.

Such amazing news and outcome yesterday - the Dr doing the scan said it clearly was just scar tissue/ radiation and nothing to worry about at all- therefore no biopsies required , phew ! Appt for 5th therefore cancelled and just couldn't be happier and so relieved. Didn't sleep well Tuesday , as you can imagine my brain was going through every scenario . I have an appt for hair today - cut/ restyle , dye plus highlights - during Tuesday night thinking , is there much point when it could be dropping out beginning of January !! Also joking the Jan18 chemo starters etc etc - oh my, why does our brain torture us so much.

Anyway, all good and thankyou for your lovely supportive messages - for that I could not thank you enough.Wishing you all good health and have a fabulous Xmas .

With love and best wishes,

Mechele X X X 

Mechelle I am distraught for you. We all desperately want good news for each other. You've got through so much - wishing you strength to get through the next few days and very much wishing for good news on 5th. x

Thank you Kim - it really does help having contact with such a wonderful and caring group who understand , having 'been there, done that" etc . My hubby is so worried and very supportive, but I feel guilty after having all the problems with chemo etc, then being so unwell for those months leading up to the Neprectomy. Hopefully the 5th will be good news , but can't help worrying at times in case it's not . 

Hope your mammogram goes well, no reason for it not to and will be fine . I don't have any follow ups with the oncologist - only the breast surgeon. She is lovely and very thorough and have 100% confidence in her. Sending love and best wishes X X 

Thank you Claire - bet your flat stomach is fab - you really do look great on the photos - you got your Xmas pressies sorted yet for your 4 legged friends 🐴. Not spoke lately to Ro and Gerry - give them my love . X X 

Community Champion

Oh Mechele, that's really not the news you needed! I have everything crossed for you that it’s the radiotherapy not anything else.... But it’s a flipping long time to wait for results! Pretty sure I’d be feeling exactly the same as you, not easy to be feeling positive when we’ve been through it all before :/
I’ve got my mammogram on Tuesday, appointment with the breast surgeon beginning of January and not sure when I’m seeing the oncologist again - thought it was supposed to be 6 mths after my last appt, but that was over 6 mths ago!
Apart from that, everything seems to be going well!
Sending you loads of love - please keep us updated as you know we’re always here for you to load off to xxx
Community Champion

Oh Mechele I’ve just seen your post. How worrying for you. Hopefully it is just due to rads and they are being ultra cautious but I can imagine how you just feel. It’s what we all dread.
At Least my new boobs are made out of stomach fat so I don’t have to have mammograms. I still get quite a lot of discomfort on my rads and lymph node side and that scares me. I had annual check up with breast surgeon in September and all ok but I’m seeing oncologist next week for check up. It’s never easy wLking back through those hospital doors!
Take care and try not to dwell on it. Easier said than done i know but the docs won’t take any chances with your history so hopefully it’s nothing.
Sending love to you and all the Jan 2016 chemo girls.
Claire xxx

Hi there - wow , 20lbs - well done you and so pleased you're feeling more yourself. 

At the moment I really don't know what to think or feel. Started to feel so much better after the Nephrectomy , but of late just don't feel great. Had my 2nd annual mammogram last week and was awaiting my letter to say 'all satisfactory ' , but instead , after 3 days received a tel call saying they needed to see me 😨- not the answer I expected/wanted. 

Consultant said she really didn't know why the change in tissue/ thickening and to have core biopsies/ ultrasound this coming Wednesday . ( ? suppose could be due to rads etc) Appt also made for Tuesday 5th Dec for results . One min I'm positive ' just due to rads' , the next , looking at chance of recurrence within 18 months . Keep going from being calm to sheer panic thinking I can't do this again. 

Sorry for the moan - just needed to unload.

Sending love to everyone else 

Mechele X X X 

Fab news Claire and Michele I'm so happy for you both.  All is good with me.  I'm finally starting to feel really myself again (it's taken a while!) and have also been dieting and exercising a lot and have lost 20lbs, which I'm really pleased about as that means I've finally lost the weight I put on during my first pregnancy 18 years ago!!  Lots of love. X

I use kinesio tape. It's not expensive and seems to help me. Top tip - soak off don't pull off! I find I need to leave it on for about 5 days and then it will come off easily, then I give it a few days off before reapplying. I have seen 2 different nurses and been taught a few different ways to apply it. 

I am also between hairstyles, trying to grow it back to a shoulder length bob. Playing with colour and not found anything I really like yet! Getting lots of compliments though and people who haven't seen me for a few months always exclaim how nice it looks! Surley anything would look good after the bald style!

Hi Mechele,

I am so glad to hear your surgery went well and that you are now starting to feel much better...you really did have a horrific 'chemo journey', I really cannot imagine what you went through. Some sun and relaxation, was just what you needed, Gran Canaria is somewhere that I would like to go, I shall have to try and start dropping holiday hints again. Lovely to hear from you!

Love Cassy x

Hi Cassy, good to hear you're doing ok and about the hair- it does seem to have quite an impact on us doesn't it. Mine is still quite curly, but not as tight curls as it was but takes some getting used to - anything better than a shiny head tho !!!!

My surgery went ok and discharged after 5 days- a lot of pain that first week, thank heavens for hourly oramorph as well as other medication for pain. Had post op appt with Urologist and given the all clear ( kidney had only 5% function , very enlarged but NO nasties - phew). Within an hour of being home had a holiday booked to our favourite place in Gran Canaria - had a fabulous 10 days and have not felt this well in almost two years. The kidney explains about the continual infections and never feelin well after the BC treatment.

Good to hear all went well with Claire and everyone else.

Sending best wishes to all ,

Love Mechele X X X 

[ Edited ]

So pleased it went well for you Claire. Take it easy for a while and let us know how you are getting on xxx

Kim, I am glad to hear your cellulitis has cleared up and you can now go back to wearing your sleeve. I am currently waiting for an appointment to see a lymphoedema nurse, my consultant has mentioned 'kinesio taping' for my breast. Anyone with any knowledge of this I would be grateful to hear from.  

Also, I seem to remember that you (Kim) have bone scans...? A recent thorax CT with contrast (just to check my lungs/chest area, after repeated chest infections and cellulitis) have shown my lungs and chest are clear...yay! The scan did bring something else up, calcifications on my spine in the area that was scanned, so I have been told they are going to request a spine MRI or a full body bone scan. Again, hopefully this is nothing to be worried about and they are just being thorough, but again, any experience/knowledge would be helpful.

Anyone else, (Ellie, Mechele & Fif66) who may still check out the thread 'hello' Smiley Happy and my hair is slowly getting there albeit in between styles. Trying to grow it back in to a bob, the sides are almost to the bottom of my ears now, the fringe needs to catch up quite a bit and I am keeping the natural grey, I really like it. 

Love from Cassy xxx

Community Champion

Ah Claire that's so good to hear!! Be good and take it easy 😊
I'm really well, the cellulitis cleared up with a double dose of antibiotics and after a couple of weeks I was able to wear my compression sleeve again which was a relief as my arm was getting big again and I was worried all my good work was being g undone.
I go runnning once a week, yoga twice a week and walk as much as I can in between. I'm also convinced all this exercise is helping control my lymphodema as well as easing the side effects of the Anastrozole. I feel so much more energetic for it too 😊
Hope everyone else is doing well - so good to catch up xxx
Community Champion

Hi everyone,

i hope all dong well and feeling good. I had my bilateral DIep reconstruction on Thursday! Delighted with results and I don't feel half as bad as I thought I would! I was getting very nervous in the rum up to the op but I can honestly say it was ok. 11 hours in theatre but I was home on Saturday 2 days later as I was doing so well!. I think all the riding and stable work have helped me maintain good fitness levels. 

Its now a few weeks of taking it easy. My stomach is tight but boobs feel fine. 

Lim just skin pleased I didn't chicken out and went for it!

i really hope everyone is fighting fit and loving life to the ful. We really deserve every good day we have! 

Love to all

claire xxx

Lovely to hear from everyone.  My mammogram came back clear, hurrah that was a big relief.  As soon as I feel any pain anywhere in my body I automatically think it's mets....   Stay well everyone  I'm thinking often of you all and sending cosmic love!   Claire I hope the surgery is smooth and successful.  Kim hope the cellulitis cleared up and I hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine.  X

Hi Claire,

I am glad that you are enjoying life and able to do all the things you love again. I felt a bit sad thinking of the fact that you have got to this happy stage after going through so much, but still have reconstruction to go through.  I do hope it all goes as well as can be expected for you and that your recovery isn't too bad. 

Let us know how things go, I am sure there will be lots of support this thread from us all if you need it. 

Best wishes,

Cassy xxx